Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Bumping because I've been watching X-Men Aw, I miss Shawn.
Ghost.Of.You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

me 2! shawn is an awesome actor!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen him in anything since The Ruins
Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i never saw that...but he really does need to do more movies!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, you didn't? It was pretty entertaining.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

I am so addicted to Shawn's new show on HBO, "Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures".

I think it's such a fantastic show with a great storyline!
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melika (View Post)
I am so addicted to Shawn's new show on HBO, "Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures".

I think it's such a fantastic show with a great storyline!
Enlighten me, what's it about? I've never heard of it
Old 02-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i've never heard of it either!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

It's based on a book by Vincent Lam

The link I provided is to Vincent Lam's site where you can actually read the first 40 or so pages of the book.

Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures has aired 7 episodes and has the 8th episode airing tonight on HBO Canada. Which is channel 58 for me. So check your local listings, at 7PM pacific time.

It is listed as a TV Mini-Series on IMDb.com. So I'm not sure there will be more than the one season.

Episode List is as Follows:

Season 1, Episode 1: How to Get Ahead in Medical School

As Ming gets ready to proceed with her plans for artificial insemination, her husband Chen, is stressed and fantasizing about street races and infidelity. The sperm donor, Fitz, their medical school classmate and Ming's former boyfriend, is considering reinstatement at the hospital which stirs up a lot of unresolved issues. His return would also create more tension between the trio since he wouldn't be an absentee donor after all, but working alongside the couple every day.

Season 1, Episode 2: The Missing Years

Fitz and Ming talk about their imminent insemination plans. Fitz tells her that since he's decided to stay in Toronto and work at Mercy, he'll understand if she changes her mind. But she still wants to go forward even though she knows it will be uncomfortable for everyone. Their plans incite the doctors to reflect back on their early days as residents in the hospital and and the professional and romantic rivalries that took root.

Season 1, Episode 3: Code Clock

The present. Jealous and sensing ulterior motives in Fitz's return to Toronto, Chen confronts him with a stash of love letters he wrote to Ming. The two come to blows then reflect back on a time during their residency when they helped each other out during a Code Blue. At the ensuring peer assessment review, Fitz takes stock of his mettle as a doctor, his motives as a friend and his true feelings for Ming.

Season 1, Episode 4: Family Practice

As Fitz and Ming debate the merits of their insemination plans, the doctors revisit their past entanglements. Fitz finds himself challenged by the demands of a psychotic patient. Chen is called away to Brisbane to visit his dying grandfather. And Ming comes to terms with her surprise pregnancy and what it means for her future.

Season 1, Episode 5: Unhappy Endings

It's Christmas Eve, and chaos reigns in the emergency room. Fitz contends with some hard-assed cops and a belligerent patient. It's a contentious situation that he initially handles well, but as the evening progresses he spirals out of control to a very self-destructive place. When Chen finds himself dealing with a family of a man who died in a brothel, he starts to question his own views on medicine and family. Meanwhile, though she's not embroiled in the turmoil of the hospital, Ming is confronted by her father's strange solution to her fertility problems.

Season 1, Episode 6: All Souls

Fitz travels to Guatemala to rescue a man who has bleeding in the brain. However, because the bleeding is so severe, the man will not make it back to Toronto due to the cabin pressure. Meanwhile, Ming has to perform a emergency delivery when her patient's baby has its neck trapped in the umbilical cord. And Chen finally realizes that there is more to life than medicine.

Season 1, Episode 7: Isolation

After Fitz takes a sick patient from China to Toronto who dies later, he is diagnosed with a mysterious respiratory illness. He is immediately put into isolation, but has infected Chen who examined him. Ming is in quarantine at home where she starts to rethink again about adoption. Bearing the scars of never knowing her father, she doesn't know if she wants to make a child go through that situation again.

Season 1, Episode 8: Complications

Ming finally sees her dream of being a mother come true, though the donor plans she and Chen made with Fitz undergoes some changes. Through this, Fitz learns how to love and be loved, and Chen feels confident to pursue a writing career.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, sounds interesting!

Thanks for posting all the info!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome!

It's a fantastic show, and the book is really good too, I've been reading it as the episodes air!

I really want to see this new movie of Shawn's called "Frozen", I've seen the trailer like twice, but don't know when it's supposed to be released here.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, how come you're getting all the Shawn love? I yt'd "Frozen" and it looks pretty good, I hope it comes over here!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen the trailer online but nothing here on TV, so I don't think it's in wide release.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Guess we'll be waiting on DVDs then.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

^^ I tend to wait for DVD's for most movies. It's just easier!

But I wish I at least knew a release date or something you know.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top