Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

thanks for everything latsm. I am gonna try and make some lovely icons for you all.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanks for everything latsm and mjw11!
i can't see this video! it's only me?
Emily Hampshire & Scott Speedman (Good Neighbours) Interview | 2010 TIFF | Toronto International Film Festival

ETA: i don't see this pic and videos here

YouTube - Good Neighbours Q and A at the TIFF

YouTube - Good Neighbours Q and A at the TIFF Part 2

Last edited by scottyfans; 09-20-2010 at 02:26 PM Reason: pic & videos TIFF
Old 09-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

If you click on the photo here Minnie Driver and Scott Speedman attending the Toronto International Film Festival Pictures - Monsters and Critics more photos pop up.

Barney's Version
press conference here Media Gallery - Press Conferences on the Tiff site.

CTV.ca | TIFF Photo Gallery - Star Sightings: Day 4

Last edited by Latsm; 09-21-2010 at 07:31 AM
Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Latsm, I was so happy to read your post and a huge thank you for all the great pictures and links you brought along.

I knew you'd find a way to score tickets for Good Neighbours... way to go girl!

I'm glad you enjoyed both movies and I can't wait to see them. Was it odd seeing Scott as (I assume) an unlikeable character in Good Neighbours? I did watch the Q&A on youtube, and heard the spoiler -- whoa! I thought it was funny that Jacob Tierney mentioned Scott's ("girly") laughing during the screening, just like you did. Also, I think it's really sweet that his mom was there supporting him. I'm rambling, right?! Anyway, thanks for all the scoop and I freely admit that I'm jealous you had the chance to see him (and both his movies)... I was "so close and yet so far"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyfans
i can't see this video! it's only me?
scottyfans, I can see it, but it does take a little while to load. You are not missing too much, it's only about 5 minutes long and there's lots of giggling throughout. The major revelations are that Scott is not a "fish dude" (meaning he does not have any pet fish like his character "Spencer" did) and when asked if he had any weird neighbours, he replied that he is a weird neighbor.

Last edited by mjw11; 09-21-2010 at 12:47 PM
Old 09-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi MJW - yep, the writing is going great. I'm published, and working on my second book. Loving the new Speedy eye candy! That man sure cleans up nice.

Tag along on Felicity and Ben's Road Trip!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Total Fan

He's so perfect!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleon (View Post)
Hi MJW - yep, the writing is going great. I'm published, and working on my second book. Loving the new Speedy eye candy! That man sure cleans up nice.
Oh congratulations. Can you tell me where I can buy your book? I'd love to read it.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi bbcountry ---

Shu, bring on the icons!

Caleon, that's fantastic news... congratulations and continued success!

And yes, he does clean up nice. Considering his 'every-day' wardrobe is a bit suspect, he wears a suit well...

And for those who prefer the scruff (you know who you are!)...

Anyway, I don't know if this link will work, but at Getty Images, there are a few videos of him in Venice: a couple on the red carpet and a couple interview snippets.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw11 (View Post)
Was it odd seeing Scott as (I assume) an unlikeable character in Good Neighbours?

Anyway, thanks for all the scoop and I freely admit that I'm jealous you had the chance to see him (and both his movies)... I was "so close and yet so far"!
Well mjw11, he's in a weird way a likable, unlikable character. Its hard to explain without giving anything away. I'm so impressed with how far he stretched for two very different roles. He just gets better and better every time. Btw he was standing like one foot away from me several times and I said nothing to him. I just clammed up this time. I'm mad at myself for not telling him how much I loved both films. But I'm sure he got over it.

I understand your pain. I so wish we could have worked it out where we all saw the films together. But I now know going on the Tiff site at 7am on the day of the screening is the way to go. You won't be shut out next time.

Thanks so much for the video link. There are several on there that I've never seen...and, oh, the scruff!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Loving all the pics! There have been so many lately that I just dont know what to do with myself... We're in Speedy overload!
Btw, thanks mjw11 for the scruff... You're too kind

Alright, I have to share with you all that I came onto the forum the same night after seeing Good Neighbours to give you a full report, but after typing up a very long post and hitting "submit" my laptop failed me (dont ya HATE when that happens?!). Anyway, I've just been too frustrated to repost, but I'm back now to share my thoughts and info.

mjw11, just to add to what Aunt Latsm said, Scott's character in Good Nighbours is very bizzarre (to say the least). As much as you would like to hate him, you find it very difficult to. Now, I don't know if that's because it's Scott playing the part or if the character was always intended to be that way. A very likable unlikable character indeed! You'll have to watch and question your own sanity as well! I still don't know how he watched the movie with his Mother in the same room...

Overall, I LOVED the movie! As much as I liked Barney's Version (and the infamous side burns), I'd have to say that I favor Good Neighbours over it (as I thought I would). Although it's pretty dark, it has some good humor and I guess I just really enjoyed watching Scott play such a psycho

After the movie we (or should I say I?) briefly met him and I got another picture with him... He's the sweetest! I'm still pretty mad at myself as well though for not mentioning how much I enjoyed the movie and his character, but oh well.
We happened to be walking behind him on the sidewalk afterwards (not stalking, I swear ) and it was so funny to see all the women on the sidewalk practically fainting (one literally had to lean herself up against a store front window to keep from falling) coming from the opposite direction as they'd pass us Ps. He was wearing no socks and dress shoes!

And just to add to the beauty:
Love the undone zipper... Whatta sexy bum!
Scott Speedman | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by KLSS; 09-23-2010 at 06:59 PM
Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLSS (View Post)
Welcome to the coolest and sexiest thread on Fan Forum!

FANS

Maeve(RIP)
Eva
Erin
Mjw11
Eugenia
Mercedes
Diana
Jann
Dance
True Daisy
Dyann
Genki (Shu)
Caleon
Sonia
Marilyn7
ChcalBrook Scott
AlexxandraAnnie
Maria
Mira
Jan
Blackfaith
Miss Congeniality
Lisa P
Juli
Islandgal
Behrlover18
Wonkorange
Texgirl
Lisa G
Marica
Beth
Adria
Workerbee
Jason's Lover4life
x0 tasha
ocitrus
annemaw
sugarbabes
Shannon
natyfab
notthatfarapart
mili
bbcountry
DreamWalker
LostEvi
whataboutbob
latsm
njrbc(Nikki)
gerlstar
B.Chambers
KLSS
simr2277
atticusfinch

Ok Ladies, I took the liberty of starting the new thread... Please excuse my cheesy title I thought with how active our man has been recently, it was very appropriate (maybe in more ways then one )

With Barney's Version, Good Neighbours, The Moth Diaries, and The Vow all to look forward to, it is certainly a wonderful time to be a Speedman lover!

mjw11, I look so forward to meeting you at the festival and maybe helping you get your long awaited picture with Scott! Maybe even a picture of us all... Wouldn't that be perfect? I think it's safe to say that both "Latsm" and myself are counting down the days as well. TIFF HERE WE COME!

Ps. I copied the "Fans list" from the last thread so let me know if you're not listed and would like to be added.
I have been looking for an active Speedy thread and glad to have found one , count me in!

FANS

Maeve(RIP)
Eva
Erin
Mjw11
Eugenia
Mercedes
Diana
Jann
Dance
True Daisy
Dyann
Genki (Shu)
Caleon
Sonia
Marilyn7
ChcalBrook Scott
AlexxandraAnnie
Maria
Mira
Jan
Blackfaith
Miss Congeniality
Lisa P
Juli
Islandgal
Behrlover18
Wonkorange
Texgirl
Lisa G
Marica
Beth
Adria
Workerbee
Jason's Lover4life
x0 tasha
ocitrus
annemaw
sugarbabes
Shannon
natyfab
notthatfarapart
mili
bbcountry
DreamWalker
LostEvi
whataboutbob
latsm
njrbc(Nikki)
gerlstar
B.Chambers
KLSS
simr2277
atticusfinch

Last edited by atticusfinch; 09-23-2010 at 04:58 PM
Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
New Fan

Is Scott married?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusfinch (View Post)
Is Scott married?
no he isn't

eta: you met him again Lucky!

I can't wait to see good neighbors myself
Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu (View Post)
no he isn't

eta: you met him again Lucky!

I can't wait to see good neighbors myself
Hi, thanks for the info, was just really confused, saw a pic of him somewhere and read some comments made that he was married and there was a picture of him and his wife in '08 (getty images?) in one of the film festivals, been looking for it but can't find it, not that I'm going to like him any less. Just saw Adoration and I really love how subtle his acting there, can't wait to see his two new ones.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I heard somewhere they are making another "Underworld." Since that and Felicity have been my favorite incarnations of Speedy, I've got fingers and toes crossed!

Tag along on Felicity and Ben's Road Trip!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top