Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Scott Speedman #27 "The one with the heart-melting smile"

We have already surpassed the 250th post and it's time for a new thread, being that genki doesn't seem to be around right now, I will use her great suggestion for a title and start the new thread. Post away!!

marilyn
DanceWithLife
genki
Caleon
xxlisaxx- Lisa G.
erinw- Erin
speedyisthebest- Eva
addicted to RSS- Eugenia
Granny- Jan
diana5- Diana
dune- Mercedes
2Nickels- Jann
Willy01- Annie
AdriaMichelle- Adria
Maeve123- Maeve
blue_kitty- Maria
BfEeNlJiAcMiItNy- Lisa P.
~Sonia~ - Sonia
blackfaith
mjw11
islandgal96797
MissCongeniality
juli
behrlover18
True Daisy lover4ever
Yoda-Mira
Marica

Last edited by Maeve123; 11-11-2004 at 09:28 PM
Old 11-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Extreme Fan

According to a Vancouver filming site, these are the shoot dates for Underworld 2, no wonder Scott couldn't fit in 2 Needles":

Underworld 2 (2005)
11/29/04>03/18/05 | F

UNDERWORLD 2
UW2 Film Productions Inc.
Ex. Prod: David Coatsworth
Prod: Tom Rosenberg,
Gary Lucchesi
Director: Len Wiseman
PM: Jim Rowe
PC: Eva Morgan
LM: Kendrie Upton
ALM: Ken Brooker
PD: Patrick Tatopoulos
Publicist: Portia Belmont
Casting: Carrow/Brouse
Cast: Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy,
Scott Speedman
Sched: Nov.29/04-March 18/05

Last edited by Maeve123; 11-11-2004 at 09:45 PM
Old 11-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I just posted the thread at the same time as yours. Looks like we have two simultaneous threads going? Is this legal? Can we manage it or should i delete one?
Old 11-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

genki, I don't think we can delete it ourselves, the moderator will do it for us. They usually close a thread once you have reached 250 posts. I hope you don't mind that I started it, but I didn't know if you where around or not.

I can e-mail the moderator and ask her to close one, which thread title do you prefer?

Last edited by Maeve123; 11-11-2004 at 10:22 PM
Old 11-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

They can close mine, but I think you should wait a few minutes next time. We were at 242 when I was posting the thread, but its all good....
Old 11-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Total Fan

Wow, the Speedy love is so intense that there are two threads for our guy. I can post on both until a decision is made to close one of the threads. I have to say that I agree with Maeve, I was really disappointed when I heard Scott wasn't going to be in 3 Needles. I just think he will get better roles and more respect as an actor by being in smaller, more dramatic movies. I am not fond of action movies and I don't want our guy only doing those. I bet he was very disappointed himself that he couldn't fit in 3 Needles. Do movies normally film for three whole months? The Underworld 2 shoot seems incredibly long to me.

Tumblr
Old 11-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I know what you mean. I would have love him in smaller dramatic roles. But, I'm sure he knows this. He strikes me as a bit of a professional perfectionist... so I am sure he will make the right choice for him..
I just watched surprise and one ball, one strike again. Ah, the speedy love goes all around. I just bought my life without me.
I wish he was in more movies.....
As for the thread either one is fine with me.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Extreme Fan

erin my scanner is being a pain the bum it wont work im still working on it though im more impatient than you are to get these photos posted...will keep you posted
Old 11-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Maeve, thanks for the info on XXX2. I wondered what the heck was up with all the women and no guys in sight. So far the only set pic we have of Speedy, then, is that one Mr. Harris sent us!

Tag along on Felicity and Ben's Road Trip!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Sort of more of the same on Sir Derek Jacobi":

http://comingsoon.net/news/underworldnews.php?id=7174
Old 11-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Speedy

I hope you haven't forgotten the aspiring ACTOR!

Addie

Noel would never choose to be with somebody else, when he could be with you, Ben to Felicity.

Last edited by addicted to RSS; 11-12-2004 at 05:21 PM
Old 11-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Sir Derek Jacobi

http://www.infoplease.com/ipea/A0762318.html

I've also seen him in "The Secret Garden", and who can forget "Little Dorrit"?

I'm so happy that "the twain shall meet"! Go, Speedie, GO!

Addie

Noel would never choose to be with somebody else, when he could be with you, Ben to Felicity.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread, Maeve! I love the new title.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

First of all, thank you for starting the new thread Maeve. Addie, the picture you posted perfectly illustrates the title of this thread... that smile is certainly heart-melting. Diana, thank you for bringing over your beautiful fanart to the new thread.

I would completely agree that Speedy must have been extremely disappointed that he wasn't able to do 3 Needles (maybe almost as much as I was ). I was so looking forward to seeing him in another character-driven role with such a stellar cast (and I loved the idea of seeing him play opposite Sarah Polley again, since I loved their chemistry in My Life Without Me.) It's so frustrating to me that he had been signed on for the role since early March, but the actual filming of it conflicted with his schedule.

I'll readily admit, Underworld was not my favorite role of his. But... and this is a very big "but"... it's a role that he couldn't possibly have been "replaced" in, and it will bring him much notoriety. I think it was the only possible career decision he could make. And, from a strictly pragmatic point of view... I don't think he could afford to turn it down. Here's a quote from the producer of Underworld from a couple of months back: Rosenberg also acknowledged that the success of the original allowed for one major difference on the sequel. “Well, it allowed all the actors to get paid more. Those are the chief beneficiaries of the success of it.” I would venture to guess that his may very well be Speedy's first $1,000,000+ paycheck. This way, he can afford to take his time and be very picky about the next role he chooses. I feel about 99.9% sure that it won't be a big-budget action movie. And, I think it bodes well that an esteemed actor like Sir Derek Jacobi has agreed to appear in the movie.

Wow, I've been long-winded here. I'm pretty sure I've put everyone to sleep with my ramblings! Can you tell I've been thinking way too much about this?!
Old 11-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

mjw, you can "ramble away" to your heart's content, I'll always read!

Another topic, where do I find the post count of a thread? I used to be able to watch it, but now I can't find it. I just roughly estimate that the end of page 10 is it. Advice would be appreciated.

I've checked the appearances of Keri on the other thread, and, boy, is she gorgeous! I do hope that Scott has an easy time with it, or, maybe, they are not an item ...

Addie

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top