Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Erin, I picked up my copy today and haven't had a chance to watch much of it yet. Speedy shows up on the Greg Grunberg commentary. He is by himself with Greg. He does no commentary with anyone else. That's it. A bit of a disappointment for sure. I did listen to the Blackout commentary by Matt, J.J and Keri and I found it too disappointing. I hope I'm not painting too black of a picture but they really didn't seem into it, especially Keri. Tell me all what you think. I will have more of a chance to listen to the others tonight.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

My copy of Season 3 of FELICITY DVD is due to arrive tonight, or tomorrow. Maeve, I'm bitterly disappointed that there won't be a FAB, or Speedy, commentary. The fact that Keri was "not into it", tells me that she must be angry, or even jealous, of Speedy's success.

But I'll see what her film is going to be like. Can't wait for December.

Addie

Noel would never choose to be with somebody else, when he could be with you, Ben to Felicity.

Last edited by addicted to RSS; 09-21-2004 at 08:49 PM
Old 09-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for sometime now and just decided to give it a go. I'm a huge FAB fan so I keep going back and forth between this thread and Felicity just to see what's going on.

I must say I really admire all the talent that is so evident here. I so want to learn how to do some of the stuff you guys do so well.

Erin, you and I e-mailed away back, when I signed your questbook for your terrific website. Btw, I'm still hocked on your fanfiction.

Now as to what role I liked Scott in...I've enjoyed all his movies, just looking at his face is enough for me, sometimes I get so wrapped up in just looking at him that I miss the storyline and have to watch it all over again. But I have to say Ben Covington is still my favorite. What can I say, I a romantic, that's why I would like to see him in a romantic comedy. (with Keri of course) I know that's a long shot but a girl can dream can't she?

I recieved my FELICITY DVD from amazon today, so ya know what I'll be doing tonight.

Marilyn
Old 09-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Total Fan

Maeve, can you share more about the commentary with Greg and Scott? Is this visual or only audio? I can at least pray for some on screen time for I wait for your response. How long did they talk? I have to wait until my son goes upstairs for the night with his dad before I can watch any of the DVDs. And I am dying here! Even though I am so disappointed with the offerings.

Tumblr
Old 09-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by marilyn7

Erin, you and I e-mailed away back, when I signed your questbook for your terrific website. Btw, I'm still hocked on your fanfiction.

Now as to what role I liked Scott in...I've enjoyed all his movies, just looking at his face is enough for me, sometimes I get so wrapped up in just looking at him that I miss the storyline and have to watch it all over again. But I have to say Ben Covington is still my favorite. What can I say, I a romantic, that's why I would like to see him in a romantic comedy. (with Keri of course) I know that's a long shot but a girl can dream can't she?

I recieved my FELICITY DVD from amazon today, so ya know what I'll be doing tonight.
Welcome, Marilyn! It's good to see you posting on the board. As you can tell we are all diehard fans of Scott and Felicity, so you are very welcome here. I am glad to hear from you again and I hope you have been getting the link to my fab fic over on the Felicity board. If not, PM me and I will send it to you through email. Again, welcome! BTW, I share your hope for a Speedy-Keri reunion onscreen, so girls can definitely dream.

Tumblr
Old 09-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Erin, yes we do see Scott with Greg. He is wearing that plaid cowboy shirt and has quite a bit of scruff, but oh so handsome. He doesn't appear for a long time, but when he does, it's worth it.

I just listened to the commentary for Let's Get It On. It was two directors and I love hearing them talk about Scott. I guess he was quite vocal when things didn't seem right to him. But they definitely respect him and of course talked about the dynamic chemistry between Scott and Keri during their scenes.

I've listened to all the commentaries now and my least favourite is Greg Grunberg, Amanda Foreman Richard Patrick Benedict. They just tried to outtalk each other. Some parts were amusing though.

I must check the DVD because you know how they hid Speedy's Speakers Corner from before.

Also there was a TVparody from Mad TV, I thought it was the original one which was quite funny, but it's not.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Total Fan

I've just come from watching the Greg Grunberg documentary on season 3 and I am grinning from ear to ear. We have lots of good things to talk about. Our Speedy was in rare form and it was such a pleasure to watch. He's in his infamous plaid shirt and in his normal high energy state. There are so many great moments but here is my summary and favorite parts:

* I love how he says not once but twice that Keri was his favorite person to work with.
* I just love the first section with him because he is talking and flailing his arms about. That's our Speedy!
* He has the most expressive face, and particularly his eyes. And it shows when he is talking about the late John Ritter. You can tell he really respected him.
* And hearing his laugh makes me giggle outright! He has the best laugh ever.
* Oh, and I love the way they tease him about his whispering. His reaction to it is priceless. He is the best, that is for sure.

And I love him even more after watching this. I know, how is that even possible?

Tumblr
Old 09-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Erin, ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Season 3 dvd

Hi everyone! I just finished watching the commentaries only, and I must say that I am a little disappointed that there isn't more Keri or Scott and NO Keri and Scott. We do find out a few interesting things...one being that Scott recently had surgery on his knee from too much basketball; another being that Scott has the picture that Felicity painted (and Ben bought and hung above his bed during S3 and S4) hanging in his house. I get the impression that he has a temper and there is also reference to how "serious" he is all the time. Intense! That is exactly what I took away from my Toronto encounter. However, he is very cute in what appears to be his favorite shirt! Keri is cute but didn't have too much to offer. Though all the commentaries were entertaining, I am still a little bit disappointed! THERE JUST WAS NOT ENOUGH SCOTT AND KERI!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it's really hard for me to answer that question, especially with everyone in this thread seemingly being very big FAB fans or Felicity fans. I don't want to offend anyone by saying that I don't think "Ben" is as best as Scott gets. I watched Felicity, mostly the first year and on and off after that (I was never really into FAB much, sorry )

So for me, when we're talking about the greatness of Scott's acting, I have to delve into other works he's done. Personally, I find something highly attractive and mesmerizing in every role he's done. I did like "Ben" for many reason, and in season one I like him for his calm intensity and his devotion. But that said, I adored him in My Life Without Me. I think the pairing of Scott and Sarah really pulled me in, as I think they are two of Canada's finest young actors. I think that movie allowed him to portray something new and different and if I had to pinpoint one movie of his that I would take with me on a deserted Island, that would be it.

I have yet to watch the 24th Day but thanks to some wonderful person on here, I will soon.

I hope I offended no one...I did love Ben and I did enjoy Felicity (What I saw of it) but I think Scott is capable of so much more.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you DanceWithLife. I don't think Ben was Scott's greatest character. Probably his most famous yes... I think his acting since he left the show has gone from strength to strength. I get the feeling Felicity was suffocating his acting ability - especially the last season.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Extreme Fan

im so so so jealous hearing you all talking about your season 3 dvd i wish season 2 would be relased here soon!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 04:50 AM
Extreme Fan

BTW these are a few of my fave speedy pics (i figured out how to post pics so sorry if i went crazy with them)

Old 09-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the one of him on the floor Marica Thanks!
Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys, that's what makes this thread so interesting. Please don't apologize if you didn't think "Ben" was Scotts best role. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions. We respect that.

On the DVD, the directors said initially Scott's acting was instinctive rather than trained. He will just keep getting better and better because he is so serious about improving himself.

Love the pictures you posted marcia, good choices.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top