Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Rachel Weisz #1: Cuz' She Needs Nine Warm Bodies

Date of birth - 7 March 1971
London, England, UK

Height - 5' 7" (1.70 m)

Biography - Rachel Weisz was born on the 7th March, 1971 in London, England to Edith, an Austrian psychoanalyst and George, a Hungarian inventor.

Rachel was a model when she was 14 and began acting during her studies at Cambridge. While there, she formed a theatre company called Talking Tongues, which won the Guardian Award, at the Edinburgh Festival, for its take on Neville Shouthall's Washbag. Rachel went on to star on stage in the lauded Sean Mathias revival of Coward's Design For Living. It was a role that won Rachel a vote for Most Promising Newcomer by the London Critic Circle.

Rachel has starred in many movies, including Mummy, The (1999), Enemy at the Gates (2001) and Stealing Beauty (1996). Rachel can next be seen in the movies, _Shape of Things, The (2002)_ and About a Boy (2002). Rachel is currently living in London and is single, but has dated Oscar-winning director, Sam Mendes.

[b]Trivia[b]

-Last name is pronounced Vice.
-Studied English at Trinity Hall, Cambridge University.
-Dated director Sam Mendes [2001]
-Studying English at Cambridge University, Weisz formed the Talking Tongues theater company and at 1991's Edinburgh Festival won a student drama award for a play she wrote and acted in.
-Lives in a $450,000 London apartment, drives a Jaguar.
-She has recently become a patron of The X Appeal, which is the official charity of the Royal College of Radiologists.
-Her father invented respirators that supplied their own oxygen and machines that sense land mines.
-1998: Named as one of European films 'Shooting Stars' by European Film Promotion.
-She was awarded the 1994 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre) for Most Promising Newcomer for her performance in Design for Living.
-Educated at the prestigious St Pauls Girls School in London. In the same class as fellow actress Emily Mortimer.
-Lives in New York with director Darren Aronofsky (2004)

Personal quotes - "I found myself a sophisticated, educated American. He's not an actor. He's travelled the world. He knows where Europe is, unlike a lot of Americans. He's very cultured, but he's all man."

"You just have to play every scene honestly and forget about a reaction and what the audience is going to think. I think the more seriously you take something, the more funny it might be."

"People find out I'm an actress and I see that 'whore' look flicker across their eyes."

"I find Hollywood really toxic."

"I have absolutely no empathy for camels. I didn't care for being abused in the Middle East by those horrible, horrible, horrible creatures. They don't like people. It's not at all like the relationship between horses and humans."

Actress - filmography

Barry (2004) (announced) .... Barry
Fountain, The (2005) (pre-production)
Constant Gardener, The (2005) (filming) .... Tessa
Constantine (2005) (post-production) .... Angela Dodson/Isabel Dodson
Daisy Winters (2004) (post-production) .... Daisy's Mother

Envy (2004) .... Debbie Dingman
Runaway Jury (2003) .... Marlee
Confidence (2003) .... Lily
... aka Confidence: After Dark (2003) (UK)
... aka En toute confiance (2003) (Canada: French title)
Shape of Things, The (2003) .... Evelyn
About a Boy (2002) .... Rachel
... aka About a Boy oder: Der Tag der toten Ente (2002) (Germany)
... aka Pour un garçon (2002) (France)
Mummy Returns, The (2001) .... Evelyn Carnahan O'Connell/Princess Nefertiri
Enemy at the Gates (2001) .... Tania Chernova
... aka Duell - Enemy at the Gates (2001) (Germany)
This Is Not an Exit: The Fictional World of Bret Easton Ellis (2000) .... Lauren Hynde
Beautiful Creatures (2000) .... Petula
Tube Tales (1999) (TV) .... (segment Rosebud)
Sunshine (1999) .... Greta
... aka Napfény ßze, A (2000) (Hungary)
... aka Sunshine - Ein Hauch von Sonnenschein (2000) (Germany)
Mummy, The (1999) .... Evelyn Carnahan
My Summer with Des (1998) (TV) .... Rosie
I Want You (1998/I) .... Helen
... aka Beloved (1998/II)
Land Girls, The (1998) .... Ag (Agapanthus)
... aka Trois Anglaises en campagne (1998) (France)
Swept from the Sea (1997) .... Amy Foster
... aka Balayé par la mer (1997) (Canada: French title)
Bent (1997) .... Prostitute
Going All the Way (1997) .... Marty Pilcher
Chain Reaction (1996) .... Dr. Lily Sinclair
Stealing Beauty (1996) .... Miranda
... aka Beauté volée (1996) (France)
... aka Io ballo da sola (1996) (Italy)
Death Machine (1995) .... Junior Executive
Seventeen (1994) (TV)
White Goods (1994) (TV) .... Elaine
Dirtysomething (1993) (TV) .... Becca
"Scarlet and the Black, The" (1993) (mini) TV Series .... Mathilde de la Mole

Fan List
1) 86amanda86 - Manda
2) Mandine - Anna

Let me know if you wish to be added. Post away!

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 10-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

I loved her in The Mummy 1 & 2 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Personal Info:
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Born in London on March 7th, 1971.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She is 5' 7'' Tall. Dark Brown Hair & Hazel Eyes.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Rachel is a Pisces.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Her Viennese mother is a psychoanalyst while her Hungarian father is an inventor credited with inventing life-saving respiratory medical equipment.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Rachel began career as a model.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Attended Cambridge University studying literature.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She won a student drama award for a play she wrote and acted in at 1991's Edinburgh Festival.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She didn't want to change her name in the beginning of her career because she didn't want to betray her family. Although they did toy with altering the spelling of her surname.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Has been voted one of the most beautiful actresses in the world by Hello (UK) magazine.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She is an Elvis Presley fan. She loves the song 'Suspicious Minds'.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Rachel donates a lot of time and effort to support her favorite charities.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She won an Empire Award for Best Actress in 2002. She has also won a Blockbuster Award, a Genie Award & a Saturn Award, all for Best Actress.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Despite Rachel's success in film, she still takes to the stage; she starred in an adaptation of Tennessee Williams' 'Suddenly Last Summer', for which she earned the 1999 Barclays Theatre Award for Best Supporting Actress, as well as the London production of 'The Shape of Things', in which she starred as an American sculptress. The latter role translated into a film version in which she also starred.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Rachel really admires and loves Ewan MacGregor and Susan Lynch.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She hates frogs and camels.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She dated Alessandro Nivola in the mid 1990's.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She dated Sam Mendes in 2001.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She admitted to having a crush on actress, Maggie Gyllenhaal ('Secretary').
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] She is currently dating the masterful director of 'Requiem for a Dream' (One of the greatest films ever made!), Darren Aronofsky.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Rachel recently moved to New York, and she also own a house in Primrose Hill, North London.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Salary - $8,000,000 per film, plus percentage of gross. (Constantine)

Old 10-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Yay other fans of hers! I've been a fan since "The Mummy" first came out! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

Wow! Lovely pics! Thanks for posting them! She is in "InStyle" with Ashely Judd on the cover, there is a lovely photoshoot of her in there! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I didn't know she made that much money per film! Thanks for posting those facts! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth Turner:

I didn't know she made that much money per film! Thanks for posting those facts! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
She's worth it. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

She was great in Runaway Jury, she was very mysterious, and in her little face off with Gene Hackman she held her own.

If you've seen it, you know that scene? I was cringing! I felt so horrible! It was brutal.

[ 10-19-2003: Message edited MARIAROCKS000 ]

"I know who you are..."

Old 10-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Wow, she's so talented/well rounded. Film and theatre? Good for her! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] How do you spell her name, though, is it with an "ae" or just an "e"?

**counts zeroes** Um...that's like eight hundred grand, right? Wow. I could use eight hundred grand. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I am mesmerized by that last picture, as I'm typing, I keep scrolling down to see it. So pretty.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 10-20-2003, 12:34 AM
Master Fan

It is isn't it? I love that pic! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think the way it is spelled in the title is the right way to spell it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What scene, are you talking about Maria is it in "Runaway Jury"? I havne't seen it yet! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

What scene, are you talking about Maria is it in "Runaway Jury"? I havne't seen it yet! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Are you talking abut the nine warm bodies thing? Yeah, that's from Runaway Jury. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

Old 10-21-2003, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

I was talking about this scene [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by MARIAROCKS000:

If you've seen it, you know that scene? I was cringing! I felt so horrible! It was brutal.
Is that from RJ? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Ahh ALL run away NOW...Cici-inator a.k.a. the woman with the world's BIGGEST obsession with Rachel Weisz has entered the building....beware [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I turned the first post of every Off Topic thread at the Nicole board into a crazy Rachel picture frenzy [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm telling you, your thread will be wrecked when I'm through with it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx
Old 10-21-2003, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

I would run now but I would love see this frenzy so I'll stay! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] that thread at Nic's board should be the Rachel and Nic pic thread, or maybe just the Rachel one... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Total Fan

I loved Rachel in The Mummy 1 & 2!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
She's a really talented actress.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the pictures and thanks for the info! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[ 10-21-2003: Message edited Tery ]
Old 10-21-2003, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

I know I'm the moderator there but I would NEVER get away with a Rachel picture thread, as MUCH as I wanted that [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

God, if I could do that I would have a Rachel picture thread, an Ali Larter picture thread and a Lauren Graham picture thread over there...so it's reasonably fair to have them in the OT thread [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Come by and post if you want....there's a few of us who are Rachel lovers but hey, wouldn't hurt to have a couple more...presuming you love Nic too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

xx

[ 10-21-2003: Message edited Cici-inator ]
Old 10-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I was talking about this scene [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Is that from RJ? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Yeah. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I didn't want to describe the scene because it's very spoilery. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Cici-inator, you could always post the pics here!

"I know who you are..."

Old 10-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Of course I will...okay well here's a coupla About A Boy caps that already exist on the Nicole OT thread...I have capped lots of her in The Mummy movies too - but I've not got them online yet [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

All captures Copyright Cici-inator 2003

xx
Old 10-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Okay. I'm here now. Let the party begin [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Leeann!!! I haven't talked to you since Pre-Nic board days!!! how the heck are ya?!

I have Yet to see the Mummy movies - but I've seen a lot of Rachel's stuff. I rented "The Shape of Things" and "CONfidence" the other night, and bought CONfidence the next day [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I looooooooove it!! Omg and the commentary with Rachel and Edward Burns [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

They have this love scene and they are behind this screen in her apartment so you just see their silhouettes kissing, and Edward goes:
"Yea this is where Rachel and I had our Calving Klein body doubles come in because we have no nudity clauses in our contracts" [/sarcasm]
and Rachel doesn't say anything for a minute, then she's all
"Did we? Because I could swear I remember doing this scene!"

I'll get the *actual* quote in a few. Thats just off the top of my head.

She's freaking BRILLIANT in RJ. I luuurve it. I'm making my best friend come with me to go see it again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This is one of my fave pics...

I know its a bit big... but I doubt you guys mind [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
*Daf

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top