Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Piper Perabo #1: We don't see nearly enough of her

Banner thanks to M.I.S.S.Y.

Ok, so I didn't see a thread on here for actress Piper Perabo. Granted she's not as high profile as many other actresses her age but I stll think she's good. Box Office wise most people probably remember her for her roles in Coyote Ugly or Cheaper by the Dozen. Acting wise, she was critically acclaimed for her role in Lost and Delirious (which was an amazingly acted film, despite being independent and slightly controversial).

Anyway, Piper Perabo will be seen again this summer in THE CAVE.
Here is a picture from THE CAVE:

Piper in Coyote Ugly with Maria Bello

Piper in Lost and Delirious

With Mischa Barton in Lost and Delirious

Piper in Perfect Opposites with Martin Henderson, Andrew Keegan and Jennifer Tilly.

With Patrick Swayze in George and the Dragon

In "The I Inside" with Ryan Phillippe and Sarah Polley

FANS
hiddleskittlesღ
baelfire24
dwoods87

Last edited by your creation; 02-28-2013 at 01:03 AM
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

ohhh.. Piper Perabo. I loved her in Lost and Delirious. sad though.

I have been wondering where she was and if anything new was happening(movie-wise) and ohhh, The Cave. hmm. I guess I'll check it out.

-- Patti
--
~*Cubby*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I know! Lost and Delirious is so sad
I kinda liked her in Cheaper by the Dozen too

Smile because it's the second best thing you can do with your lips
hege_k_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, Lost and Delirious was very sad...in a beautiful sort of way. I remember the critics were enamored with Piper's acting after that movie.

The Cave looks really good. I saw the preview trailer the other day and I think I'll enjoy it a lot. One of those action packed summer movies
Old 08-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just had to say that I just saw Cheaper By The Dozen and as cheesy as it was I loved Piper in it lol

And here's a new interview with her: http://www.giantmag.com/issue_06/girls_PiperPerabo.aspx

PIPER PERABO
p. 62 – 69 JUNE/JULY ’05
Interviewed by Rob Hill

From dirty bars in new york (Coyote Ugly) to alien-infested caverns in romania (The Cave), Piper Perabo has seen it all. Now it’s your turn to see her.

In the fall of 2000, following the release of the Jerry Bruckheimer summer flick Coyote Ugly, Piper Perabo did a strange thing: She cut her hair, dyed it dark brown and disappeared to Canada for months to shoot a small coming-of-age indie film with a Swiss director and a minuscule budget. More limited-release indie films followed-Slap Her, She’s French, Flowers, The I Inside, Perception and Perfect Opposites mixed in with a small role in the comedy hit Cheaper by the Dozen. Most Hollywood actors claim that they pick roles based on the character rather than box-office potential. Piper actually went ahead and did it.

Now with five films in the can including Edison with Morgan Freeman, Justin Timberlake and Kevin Spacey, 10th & Wolf with Val Kilmer and this summer’s horror sci-fi thriller The Cave and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 in the works, Piper’s gonna have to get used to signing more autographs on the street. Just don’t tell her she looks like the girl from Coyote Ugly.

After Coyote Ugly you seemed to shun the typical “It girl” roles and did a lot of quirky, small movies. Was this the plan?
Well, there were a lot of similar movies to Coyote offered to me, but I felt like I had already done that and I wanted to try some other things. The next film I did was Lost and Delirious [with Mischa Barton and Jessica Paré], which was great because it was a smaller movie that was really character-driven. I was in no rush to jump into the huge hyper-reality that was going on with Coyote. I was just really picking roles that were interesting to me.

Is it true that to get the role of Jersey in Coyote you lied to the director, telling him you could play the guitar?
Yes! I was shooting The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle while I was auditioning for Coyote, and when I told Des McAnuff, the director of Rocky, that I was lying at my auditions, he went out and bought me a guitar and showed me the basics of how to play in between takes.

True or false, Johnny Knoxville had a cameo in Coyote.
False.

Wrong.
He was? Where?

According to IMDb, he was one of the drunken guys cheering you on when you were dancing on the bar.
No way. I would know if Johnny was in the film. If Johnny Knoxville was in the room, I think that is something I would be pretty aware of.

I love the voiceover for The Cave trailer, “There are places man was never meant to go.”
It’s a scary movie. I’m part of a rescue team that explores a giant underground cave system in Romania which is home to killer creatures that have never been seen before. It’s like Alien in a cave.

What was more intimidating, working with Robert De Niro or Bullwinkle the moose?
I’d have to say De Niro. It took a couple of days for me to stop thinking, “I’m working with Robert De Niro.” But he’s such a good actor he sorta pulls you out of that pretty quickly.

Did you have a nickname growing up?
No, my name1 is so weird that I gave most of my friends who had normal names their nicknames to even it out. Of course, I got a lot of “Piper Diaper” when I was younger. But I’m over it.

Would you rather be the immovable object or the unstoppable force?
That’s funny because in my movie Click the theme is, “What happens when an immovable object collides with an unstoppable force?” And the answer is it’s not possible, because if there is an immovable object then there can’t be an unstoppable force and vice versa. But I think I’d be the unstoppable force.

Do you ever get mistaken for anybody else?
Yeah, myself! I always get, “Hey, you look just like the girl from Coyote Ugly.” And I usually say, “I get that all the time.”

Were you ever worried about getting Punk’d on the set of Cheaper by the Dozen?
Well, Ashton [Kutcher] did punk Hilary Duff, but because Ashton and I had so many scenes together I felt a little safer. However, I have a friend at MTV and I called her and was like, “Here’s your job...let me know if it’s coming.”

OK, you were the editor of your college magazine, so finish this interview by asking yourself a question.
Piper: Who would you like to work with in the future?
Piper: I’d love to be in a Paul Thomas Anderson movie. So P.T.A., here’s a shout-out.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:24 AM
Loyal Fan

We really liked Piper in Coyote Ugly....she did that role really great, in her own way
Haven't really watched her in anything else, but CU is enough - we've watched it like 20 times!

We were just wondering about a thing:
Does any of you know how she sings? LeAnn Rimes did all of her singing in CU, even the simple lines, but is her own voice that bad?
We're not complaining(big LeAnn fans), but we've just been windering about it every time we've watched the movie!
DKgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm honestly not sure about the singing. I think that Piper's just not a singer and they wanted a really great voice for the movie. Maybe she's a good singer anyway. Haven't heard anything about that

By the way, Pioper is in EDISON with Justin Timberlake, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey as well. I think it;s being released sometime next year.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

I love Piper. My favorite movies of hers are Coyote Ugly and though short lived, her role in The Prestige.
M.I.S.S.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Jack Goes Boating" Opening Night Party, March 18
ACHmaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

She looks great in those pictures! Thanks for posting!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the pics. So pretty.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

I made some Piper art:

Wallpapers:

All wallpapers are 800 X 600.

Banners:

I made this banner for the thread, so if someone could please edit the first post, that would be great! Thanks!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just added the banner

Old 03-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Thank you!
Old 04-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For those interested, this is the trailer to Piper's new movie, "First Snow", which came out Friday. See it. It's good

YouTube - First Snow (trailer)

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top