Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2015, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paul Walker #17: Because He Is Always On Our Mind.. Forever In Our Hearts.

Paul Walker Appreciation Thread #17

Name: Paul William Walker IV
Born: September 12, 1973
Birthplace: Glendale, California
Children: Daughter, Meadow Rain (November 1998)

Filmography:
Fast & Furious 7 (2015) .... Brian O'Conner
Brick Mansions (2014) .... Damien
Fast & Furious 6 (2013) .... Brian O'Conner
Vehicle 19 (2013) .... Michael Woods
Fast Five (2011) .... Brian O'Conner
The Diplomat (2010) .... Brent Forbes
Takers (2010) .... John Rahway
Fast & Furious (2009) .... Brian O'Conner
The Lazarus Project (2008) .... Ben Garvey
The Death and Life of Bobby Z (2007) .... Tim Kearney
Flags of Our Fathers (2006) .... Hank Hansen
Eight Below (2006) .... Jerry Shepard
Running Scared (2006) .... Joey Gazelle
Into the Blue (2005) .... Jared
Noel (2004) .... Mike Riley
Timeline (2003) .... Chris Johnston
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) .... Brian O'Conner
Joy Ride (2001) .... Lewis Thomas
The Fast & the Furious (2001) .... Brian O'Conner
The Skulls (2000) .... Caleb Mandrake
Brokedown Palace (1999) .... Jason
She's All That (1999) .... Dean Sampson
Varsity Blues (1999) .... Lance Harbor
Pleasantville (1998) .... Skip Martin
Meet the Deedles (1998) .... Phil Deedle
Tammy and the T-Rex (1994) .... Michael

Fans:
quin611
take the wheel
Jade Lizabetta Lautner
JMRamos
watercolors
nicky83
Donna L. Crawford
ღThetis
jakesprincess
caught each other
hilery00

Previous Threads:
#10 - #11- #15 - #16

Old 11-20-2015, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

TFTNT, Marian.

Donna
Old 11-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

you're welcome

ETA

aww he was so adorable on this!

Last edited by jakesprincess; 11-21-2015 at 06:59 PM
Old 11-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

He really was so adorable.

ETA:

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/1216...quel-video.htm

Quote:
Things are really picking up with the pre-prodcution of 'Fast and Furious 8,' here's all you need to know to stay up to date.

A whole lot of exciting news about Fast and Furious 8 was revealed over the past week, owing to a Variety exclusive.

Could Mia Toretto Return For Furious 7 Sequel?

The entertainment publication caught up with a bunch of people involved with the project, including actor and producer Vin Diesel, director F. Gary Gray, Universal Chairman Donna Langley, and NBC Universal vice-chairman, Ron Meyer.

The team made known some very interesting developments about the movie including the fact that the franchise is planning a whole set of prequels and sequels.

Diesel revealed that the team was working on various storylines to make this happen. "We've written out story lines for various characters," he said. "We've been playing with it for a long time. It's a very rich property and we're committed to treating it with a lot of class."

Langley hinted about how there was scope to do a lot with the variety of characters they had in the series. "We're certainly in conversations about how we can expand the franchise now," she said. "It's an ensemble cast and there's room to bring characters in and out."

Meyer put to rest rumors about the possibility of Paul Walker's character Brian O'Connor being brought back with the help of CGI and body doubles in Fast and Furious 8.

"Paul won't be in it, but he'll be represented in some form or another but whether his image is in it, I can't tell you yet, but he won't be in the film as a performer, as an actor, the way we did it last time," said Meyer. "It will still be 'Fast and Furious,' it will just be without Paul."

Diesel suggested that Gray was brought on board to steer the franchise in a new, possibly "darker" direction. The Straight Outta Compton director, who has worked with Diesel on A Man Apart, will be expected to bring some grit into the Furious series.

"We have a director who is going to bring the darkness out and bring out the character," Diesel said.

For his part, Gray is just ready to delve into a new exciting project like Fast and Furious, taking a different direction from his previous project.

"I'm a fan of the cars and the world and after being on 'Straight' for four years, it was time to have some fun," he said.

Jeff Shell, the chairman of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group also revealed that Gray will help achieve the vision the studio has for the future of the series.

"You can't keep having every movie have bigger and bigger stunts forever and ever and ever," said Shell. "Eventually you have to really focus on the story. We'll still have big stunts but bringing in this amazing storyteller is going to be great."

Fast and Furious 8 will be released on April 15, 2017.

Furious 7 hit theaters on April 3, 2015.

Donna

Last edited by Donna K.; 11-23-2015 at 07:15 PM
Old 11-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Paul Walker’s Dad Files Wrongful Death Suit Against Porsche | Paul Walker : Just Jared

Quote:
Paul Walker‘s father, Paul Walker III, has filed a lawsuit against Porsche for the wrongful death of his son.

According to People, the late actor’s dad is the executor of his estate and claims in the suit that the Porsche Carrera GT “lacked certain safety features” that could have saved Paul and driver Roger Rodas.

Back in September, Paul‘s daughter Meadow, 16, filed a wrongful death suit, after which the car company fired back saying that Paul was at fault as he was a “knowledgeable and sophisticated user of the 2005 Carrera GT.”

Paul was 40 years old when he passed away in the November 2013 accident.

Donna
Old 11-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I hope he wins!

Old 11-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

I do too.

ETA:

Can you spot Paul Walker vs VFX in Furious 7? | moviepilot.com

Quote:
Somehow, this weekend marked two years since the death of Paul Walker, the Fast & Furious legend whose life was brought to an abrupt and tragic close on 30th November, 2013. Perhaps the reason it seems so hard to believe two years have passed is that it was only this year we saw Walker's face on the big screen for the final time in Furious 7.

In order to complete the half-shot film, Weta Digital used sophisticated old footage, outtakes and motion capture performances from Paul's brothers Cody and Caleb, eventually stitching together upwards of 300 shots involving Walker. The results were incredible.

But that's no secret. Having watched the film again recently, and then carrying out a little research into which major sequences were enhanced with VFX, I thought a quiz could be a fun way to celebrate both Paul's final on-screen performance and the filmmakers' huge achievement with CGI/motion capture.

So without further ado: can you tell which of these scenes from Furious 7 were shot completely with Paul Walker, and which relied on VFX? There are a few of each, plus plenty of gifs/videos to help you out.

1. That car jumping scene

One of the film's most outrageous stunts is that car-jumping scene in which Dom and Brian pilot a Lycan Hypersport between not one, but two skyscrapers... and somehow live to drive another day.

Lots of quick cuts in this scene make it hard to get a good look at Walker, but there are a couple of shots in the above gif. So...

Jack Carr4 people voted
Was VFX used on Walker in this shot or not?

Yup, his likeness was edited in digitally
No, he shot the scene himself
2. The final goodbye

This emotional goodbye between Dom and Brian was the movie's memorable final scene, because we knew it's the last time these two old friends - family, really - would ever come face to face.

Remember, films rarely shoot in chronological order, so this could have been the first scene shot... or then again, not. You decide.

Jack Carr4 people voted
Was VFX used to complete this shot?

Yup, that's some genius post-production
Nope, it's the real deal

3. And finally, chillin' poolside in Dubai

Joe Letteri was the senior VFX supervisor at Weta Digital responsible for overseeing the post-production work on Walker. Talking to Variety, he explained his team's approach to the VFX work to Variety:

"We had to complete a performance — what Paul Walker would have done if he’d been able to continue. And it had to be his performance, there was no way to do this without closeups because anything else would have shortchanged his performance and the film."

Still shots without frequent cutaways proved a particular challenge as there was less action to distract from the finer details, but is this brief sequence featuring Brian and Dom poolside a product of VFX?

Jack Carr5 people voted
VFX or the real kahuna?

100% Paul
Enhanced by VFX trickery

How many did you get right? You might be surprised to know that all of these shots were in some way enhanced by the VFX of Letteri and his talented team, as were all of the following...

We can only applaud the team who worked so hard on Furious 7 for more than a year after Walker's death to get the film out there...

...because it's exactly what the man himself would have wanted.

It may have been two years since Paul Walker died, but he'll live on in the hearts of his co-stars and millions of fans for decades to come - and the guys from Weta Digital can be proud to say they contributed to his legacy in epic fashion.

Jack Carr3 people voted
Would you have been able to tell the above scenes from Furious 7 were completed with advanced VFX work?

No - Paul looks completely true to life
Probably - it's a subtle difference, but it's there

Donna

Last edited by Donna K.; 11-27-2015 at 08:50 AM
Old 11-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the new thread.

Please let him win.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the tweet.

Donna
Old 11-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

his smile
Old 11-29-2015, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

I miss his smile.

Donna
Old 11-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

me too.. tomorrow's going to be a tough day
Old 11-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Very tough.

Donna
Old 11-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

gotta keep myself busy so i wont be crying all day i want to watch him but that always makes me sad... sending hugs for the thread
Old 11-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

I totally understand. Thanks for the hug.

Donna