Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I came home to Fast & Furious being on TV Saturday.

'Furious 7's Diverse Audience Could be Responsible for Film's Huge Opening Weekend

Quote:
Furious 7 had one of the biggest opening weekends in movie history, and easily surpassed all other installments in the franchise. With a $143.6 million debut (and $384 million worldwide), the high-octane action thriller could be on its way to joining the Billion Dollar Club.

Many are attributing the blockbuster performance, in part, to the untimely death of star Paul Walker, who died in a car crash in November 2013.

However, one of the surprising things that truly makes the debut so spectacular is the diversity in the film's massive audience.

Each of the movies in the Fast and Furious franchise have attracted diverse crowds. Many credit this to the film's large ensemble cast, featuring male and female leads who all come from a wide range of racial backgrounds and nationalities.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Furious 7's audience was 75% non-Caucasian, with Hispanic viewers making up 37% of ticket buyers. Caucasian viewers were the second-largest demo at 25%, followed by African American moviegoers, who made up 24%. Asian viewers made up 10% and "other" made up 4%.

VIDEO: Furious 7 Stars Reflect on Film's Emotional Paul Walker Tribute

Despite the main audience demographic that action films typically advertise to is adult males, Furious 7 ended up being very evenly distributed along gender lines, with males making up only 51% of the audience.

The film also skewed older, with over 66% of the viewers over the age of 25.

Nicholas Carpou, Universal's president of domestic distribution, told THR, "Someone that I admire quite a lot recently said this is a franchise that really looks like America, and there are characters that everyone can relate to. I think that's a big plus."

It's also likely that the franchise's longevity could have contributed to the evenly distributed gender mix, and the slightly older age range, as this is a last hurrah of sorts for the franchise that so many fans grew up with since The Fast and the Furious was released nearly 14 years ago in June 2001.

The film served as a tribute to Walker's memory as well. Check out the video below to hear from the cast on what they felt about the film celebrating the late star's legacy.
Ludacris Says He Was ‘Skeptical’ About Moving on With ‘Furious 7′ Filming After Paul Walker’s Death | Ludacris : Just Jared

Quote:
Ludacris takes a seat for a fan signing of his new album Ludaversal held at DTLR at Camp Creek on Saturday (April 4) in Atlanta, Ga.

The 37-year-old rapper and actor, who is also busy promoting his new movie Furius 7, recently opened up about continuing the movie after the death of his friend and co-star Paul Walker.

“I think we were all a little skeptical about moving on,” Luda told The Daily Beast. “But when we saw the finished product we thought they did it the right way, with such grace and class.”

10+ pictures inside of Ludacris at a CD singing…
Wiz Khalifa Honors Paul Walker in Furious 7 "See You Again" Video - Us Weekly

Quote:
One last ride. Wiz Khalifa paid tribute to the late Paul Walker with his new Furious 7 music video for the single "See You Again."
A cut off of the Furious 7 soundtrack, "See You Again" features footage from the Fast & Furious movies juxtaposed with shots of Khalifa and his collaborator Charlie Puth.

The emotional video opens with the "Young, Wild & Free" rapper, 27, walking along a street in the hills at sunset as Puth, 23, plays the piano. Walker enters the shot to the sounds of YouTube sensation Puth crooning, "It's been a long day without you my friend / And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again / We've come a long way from where we began / Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again / When I see you again."

The late actor, who died in the midst of Furious 7 filming in November 2013 at the age of 40, is shown in footage from the latest installment, as well as that of previous Fast & Furious flicks from the past 14 years.

Walker played LAPD detective Brian O'Conner in the beloved franchise, making his final appearance in this past weekend's record-breaking blockbuster release.

He is featured in racing scenes, shown kissing Jordana Brewster, who played his on-screen love Mia Toretto, and palling around with costars like Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, and Ludacris.

Khalifa enters the track, rhyming, "How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got? / Everything I went through you were standing there by my side / And now you gonna be with me for the last ride."

Puth nodded to Walker on Twitter upon the video's release, writing in the early hours of Monday, April 6, "7 million hits in 2 hours. I know you are watching down on all of us Paul, the whole world is thinking of you."
Watch the emotional "See You Again" video above.
Furious 7 Breaks Box Office Records With $384 Million Global Opening - Us Weekly

Quote:
Race to the win! Furious 7 broke box office records with its huge opening this past weekend.

The hotly anticipated action flick hit theaters on Friday, April 3, and quickly shattered previous records for the entire month of April, as well as those of its distributor Universal.

Furious 7 brought in some $67 million on its opening day, going on to reach a stateside total of $143.62 million for the weekend. The latest Fast & Furious movie dominated abroad as well, brining in an additional $240.4 million to reach a worldwide opening weekend gross of $384.02 million.

The impressive haul gave Furious 7 the title of ninth-biggest U.S. opening and fourth-biggest worldwide opening weekend. Internationally, the film fell only to previous grosses from 2011's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, 2009's Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and 2012's Marvel's The Avengers. The international total will only increase in the coming weeks, as Furious 7 has yet to see release in such massive markets as China, Japan, and Russia.

The record-breaking movie is now the highest-grossing debut for Universal Pictures, and the most successful installment in the entire Fast & Furious franchise. The high-octane flick generated added interest as the late Paul Walker's final contribution to the film series.

Walker, who passed away in November 2013 at the age of 40 while F7 shooting was still underway, was celebrated by his costars as Furious 7 hit theaters. Ludacris, who stars in the Fast & Furious movies as Tej, shared a photo of Walker via Instagram, captioning the shot, "The fans have spoken. LOUD! #Furious7 Biggest Universal Pictures opening of ALL TIME! #forpaul."

Tyrese Gibson, who plays Furious 7's Roman, chimed in as well, posting an image of Walker in the movie and a headline celebrating the film's box office success. "The look of love - where ever you are in the world.... We love you....." Gibson wrote, addressing fans. "We're humbled by your love...... From myself and the entire #FastFamily thank you from our HEARTS for showing up to support our brothers last movie.... 'the debt of your struggle will determine the height of your success'.... We struggled to get through and as a family we prayed and stayed together and so this success means THAT much more..... Your love reflects the ultimate level of respect and loyalty to our brother Paul...... Here's my WORLDWIDE virtual HUG...... Thank you!!"
Wiz Khalifa Honors Paul Walker in ‘See You Again’ Video from ‘Furious 7′ Ending | Charlie Puth, Fast & Furious, Music, Music Video, Paul Walker, Wiz Khalifa : Just Jared

Quote:
Wiz Khalifa has released the music video for his song “See You Again” and it’s a big tribute to the late Furious 7 star Paul Walker.

The song, which features vocals from Charlie Puth, is featured during the movie and it’s the perfect way to say farewell to the actor.

A link to Paul‘s charity Reach Out WorldWide is included in the video and so far over $400,000 have been raised through this campaign.

Watch the video below!
Furious 7 Keeps This Movie Theater Going 24/7 : Video : People.com

Quote:
Furious 7 Keeps This Movie Theater Going 24/7
"Furious 7" Record-Setting Opening Weekend at Box Office | Gossip Cop

Quote:
Furious 7 sped toward records this weekend, and came in first in several races. The latest installment in the beloved franchise about people doing crazy things with cars earned $144 million in its opening weekend. That gave Furious 7 the title for the biggest opening of the year so far, the biggest opening ever in April, and the biggest opening for an already wildly successful franchise.

And if all that isn’t enough, the movie broke some other records, too. Furious 7, now the ninth-biggest opener of all time, scored the highest opening ever for Universal Pictures, the second-biggest pre-summer opening ever, and the biggest Easter weekend opening ever. AND, the $144 million haul also means the film is the largest opening period since November of 2013, when The Hunger Games: Catching Fire earned $158 million. Not to mention some of the overseas records Furious 7 managed to tackle, too.

In a distant second place this weekend was Home, the animated film featuring the voices of Rihanna and Jim Parsons. It took in $27.4 million. Get Hard, starring Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart, finished in the #3 spot with about $12.9 million.

A battle for fourth place ultimately went to Cinderella, which brought in $10.3 million to top Insurgent’s $10 million. It Follows, um, followed farther behind with $2.5 million for sixth place. The Woman in Gold, with Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds, debuted in just 258 theaters but managed to rack up $2 million in box office receipts for the #7 spot.

Kingsman: The Secret Service and Do You Believe? hit $1.7 million and $1.5 million, respectively, to land in the eighth and ninth places. Bringing up the rear was The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel at $1 million to round out the Top 10. What did you see this holiday weekend?

Donna
Old 04-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

that's great! 2 fast 2 furious was on back to back last night. i watched it
Old 04-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did too Marian.

Thank you for all the articles.

Furious 7 Is Blowing Away Expectations! But How Does It Stack Up To The Rest Of The Fast & Furious Franchise?? | PerezHilton.com

Quote:
Furious 7 may be a well-received emotional roller coaster that's demolishing box office records, but the films haven't always been this good!

The Fast & Furious franchise is like cold pizza — even when it's bad it's good — but we all know that some of the movies are definitely better than others!

So is the newest the best as well as the most lucrative??
The Fast And Furious Movies Ranked From Bottom To Top! [PHOTOS]

Old 04-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome. Thanks for the article.

Donna
Old 04-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

what do you think about them wanting to do a remake for She's All That? i wish they would leave it alone, it was perfect.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

I just found out about it and I do NOT want reboot at all since I love that movie.. Ugh..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am kind of glad that they aren't making a reboot.

This Parody Of Furious 7 Starring Kindergarten Kids Is The Reason YouTube Exists! Watch HERE! | PerezHilton.com

Quote:
OMG! How adorable!

We mean… how action-packed!

Whoever came up with the idea for a parody of the megahit record-breaking blockbuster Furious 7 with cute kids is clever….

… but the kid playing Lil Jason Statham is a freakin' genius!!

See junior versions of Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and the rest of the Fast fam in the HIGHlarious A Little Fast, A Little Furious (below)!
Vin Diesel Pays Tribute to Paul Walker, Sings ‘See You Again’ – Watch Now | Paul Walker, Video, Vin Diesel : Just Jared

Quote:
Vin Diesel is paying tribute to his late friend and co-star Paul Walker in this new video, which shows him tearfully singing the Furious 7 song “See You Again.”

The song – originally from Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Pugh – pays tribute to Paul in the film as well.

This is not the first time Vin has honored his longtime pal – he even named his newborn daughter after the actor, who was tragically killed in a car accident in late 2013.

Watch the video below…

Old 04-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I wouldn't want a reboot.

Thanks for the articles.

Paul Walker’s Daughter Meadow Posts Cute Pic with Vin Diesel | Elsa Pataky, Fast & Furious, Meadow Walker, Paul Walker, Vin Diesel : Just Jared

Quote:
Meadow Walker spends some quality time with Furious 7 stars Vin Diesel and Elsa Pataky in this cute photo she posted to her Instagram account.

The picture was taken at the movie’s big Hollywood premiere on April 1, just days before it roared into theaters to gross over $500 million worldwide in just one week.

It’s great to see Paul Walker‘s daughter, 16, being embraced by the Fast & Furious family during this celebratory time for the team. Make sure to watch Vin‘s “See You Again” tribute to Paul if you haven’t yet.

Check out some other recent photos from Meadow‘s Instagram account in the gallery below!

Donna
Old 04-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for posting those.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

The Furious 7 Soundtrack Might Zoom All The Way To First Place On The Billboard 200 Chart!! | PerezHilton.com

Quote:
Furious 7 debuted at number one at the box office its opening weekend, and it looks like the film's soundtrack might take home the gold as well!What do you think?

The soundtrack to the hit action movie is heading to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart by next week! The album is currently No. 2, which ranks the most popular albums of the week.What do you think?

Many different types of consumption are considered when ranking the prestigious chart, including album sales, track sales, and streaming equivalent albums.What do you think?

Fueling the soundtrack's tank is its hit single See You Again by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth, which was the top selling song of the week! The music video to the emotional tune features clips of movie footage and pays touching tribute to the franchise's late star Paul Walker.What do you think?

If this album ends up topping the chart, it will be the fourth soundtrack to earn the No. 1 slot on the Billboard 200 chart in the past year following Frozen, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 and the Empire TV soundtrack!What do you think?

Do U think the Furious 7 soundtrack will take first place?
Cody Walker Carries On Paul’s Legacy During Australia Trip | Caleb Walker, Cody Walker, Felicia Knox, Paul Walker : Just Jared

Quote:
Cody Walker speaks to reporters during a press conference to promote his late brother Paul Walker‘s charity Reach Out Worldwide on Saturday (April 11) in Sydney, Australia.

The 26-year-old licensed paramedic, who just signed with a talent agent to become an actor, is also promoting the movie Furious 7.

“I wasn’t nervous to see it. I was more anxious to see how it turned out,” Cody told Time. “It’s bittersweet, but I think Paul would be proud.”

Cody was joined on the trip by his girlfriend Felicia Knox.

Also pictured inside: Cody and his older brother Caleb Walker attending an event to honor Paul‘s memory in late February.
FURIOUS 7 Box Office Second Weekend | Gossip Cop

Quote:
Furious 7 is continuing to run laps around the box office competition. The blockbuster sequel about fast cars doing insane things is projected to easily win again, this time with an estimated haul of about $62 million. That should put its total after 10 days of release at over $250 million. Not too shabby.

In second place is Home, the animated adventure featuring the voices of Rihanna, Jim Parsons and Steve Martin. It’s expected to earn $20 million or so. The Longest Ride, starring Scott Eastwood and Britt Robertson, should open in the #3 spot with $14 million.

The Kevin Hart-Will Ferrell comedy Get Hard is tracking toward $8.5 million, just ahead of Cinderella ($8 million), in a battle for fourth place. The young-adult adaptation Insurgent, starring Shailene Woodley, should land in the #6 spot with about $7 million.

Woman in Gold is expected to hold seventh place with roughly $5.5 million. The horror film It Follows ($1.8 million) should beat out the Al Pacino movie Danny Collins ($1.3 million) for the #8 spot. Rounding out the Top 10 is the spy action flick Kingsman: The Secret Service with approximately $1.2 million. All current figures are estimates. Gossip Cop will have updates. What are you planning to see in theaters this weekend?

Donna
Old 04-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you so much for the articles.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Where that said they aren't making reboot? Sorry for off the point..

is that what you want?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

There was a rumor that they would be making a reboot of She's All That and now it has been scrapped.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Ahh, thanks.. Thank god for that..

is that what you want?

Old 04-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I loved the original I am glad that they aren't going to ruin it.

‘Furious 7′ Surpasses $800 Million Mark at Global Box Office! | Box Office, Furious 7 : Just Jared

Quote:
Furious 7 easily kept the No. 1 spot at the box office, bringing in an additional $60.6 million domestically for a worldwide total of $800.5 million so far!

According to THR, the flick – starring Vin Diesel, the late Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Ludacris, Michelle Rordriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Jason Statham, and Dwayne Johnson – made $252.2 million so far domestically, eclipsing the entire run of Fast and Furious 6 at $239 million.

Staying in the second spot was the animated film Home, starring the voices of Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, and Jim Parsons, which brought in an additional $19 million.

The Longest Ride, starring Britt Robertson and Scott Eastwood, took the No. 3 spot with a modest $13.5 million debut.

Rounding out the top five were Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart‘s new comedy Get Hard and Disney’s Cinderella, which brought in $8.6 million and $7.2 million, respectively.

Meanwhile, at the specialty box office, The Woman in Gold, starring Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds, placed No. 7 with $5.7 million from 1,504 theaters for a domestic total of $9.3 million.

WHAT DID YOU SEE at the movies this weekend?? Take our poll below!
I am so happy.

Donna