Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 10-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Straight Outta Compton director F. Gary Gray set to direct 'Fast 8' | moviepilot.com

Quote:
After a long search, it looks like a director for Fast 8 has finally been found! F. Gary Gray, who most recently directed Straight Outta Compton, is apparently set to take the helm of the eighth film in the Fast and Furious franchise, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Sources told THR that, "Gray has told the studio he wishes to initiate negotiations for a deal."

Gray was picked over several other directors on Universal Studios' shortlist, including Louis Leterrier (Now You See Me, The Incredible Hulk), Adam Wingard (V/H/S, You're Next), and William Eubank (Love, The Signal). It seems like after a meeting between Gray and star of the franchise, Vin Diesel, went well, the choice for Gray to direct was a no brainer. Vin even showed his support by updating his Facebook page with a picture of the two, sitting on either side of various screenshots from the franchise.

The search for a new director began after efforts to keep Furious 7 director James Wan were unsuccessful. However, the search to find a director went public after reports suggested that Vin Diesel, who is also a producer on the series, may have been making the search harder due to his perfectionist reputation.

If negotiations go well, then the franchise has selected a director who is certainly capable of keeping up with the huge stunts and crazy action sequences that make then film series so popular. Gray has previously directed the 2003 remake of The Italian Job, as well as A Man Apart and Law Abiding Citizen.

Fast 8 is due to be released in cinemas on April 14, 2017.
Fast and Furious 37 | moviepilot.com

Donna
Old 10-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 10-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Donna
Old 10-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

that pic
Old 10-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Beautiful pic.

ETA:

Vin Diesel: Last Witch Hunter Helped Him Cope With Paul Walker Death - Us Weekly

Quote:
Vin Diesel has previously admitted he's in an "ever continuing process of healing" after the sudden death of his friend Paul Walker, but playing an immortal character in his new movie, The Last Witch Hunter, helped him deal with his grief.

"Death was a huge theme last year," Diesel, 48, told The Associated Press in an interview on Friday, Oct. 9. "There was something therapeutic about playing this role after going through [Paul's death]."

Diesel and his Fast & Furious co-star were close friends, and the action hero has been open about his devastation following Walker's death in a fiery car crash in November 2013. He even named his daughter, born in March this year, Pauline, in honor of his late friend.

Diesel's character in The Last Witch Hunter is cursed with immortality, which means he isn't able to reunite with his wife and daughter in the afterlife.
"The idea that someone immortal could be so melancholy. 2014 was a tough year for me in some ways -- a lot of ways," Diesel told the AP, choking up. "Playing a character that was masking his sorrow -- his loss -- was very appropriate for the time, because that's what I was doing in real life with the post-Furious 7."

The Last Witch Hunter hits theaters on Oct. 23, and Furious 8, which will be helmed by Straight Out of Compton director F. Gary Gary, is due out in 2017.

Donna

Last edited by Donna K.; 10-12-2015 at 06:33 PM
Old 10-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for all the articles and pictures.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks. i want to make some paul art.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome. I would love to see some Paul art.

Donna
Old 10-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes we do need some Paul art!
Old 10-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll make some then
Old 10-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks Marian.

Donna
Old 10-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

you're welcome!

gorgeous still love the quote too.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

A wonderful quote.

ETA:

A fitting farewell for Paul Walker | moviepilot.com

Quote:
You will never be happier to see a film end. Thats only half of an insult. Although the film is meatheaded, cliche and past its due, its really a long entertaining-enough ride to a truly moving final scene. The "Goodbye, Paul" ending is as cheesy as it is tearful and that sums up the unique appeal of this worldwide phenomenon action film series. Its all downhill from Furious 7 (actually it was downhill from Fast 5, I digress), but the series will be remembered for the very real friendships Paul Walker seemed to have with every major cast member he had in this long series, being the glue of the franchise and the reason it transcends into some kind of cult-fan-family. Its there on the screen and it connects with all viewers. He was a real movie star.

Paul Walker died tragically, too soon like a few other handsome blond babyfaced car enthusiast Hollywood actors. He's no James Dean or Steve McQueen in terms of talent or impact, but he connected in a similar way. Maybe what makes Paul Walker special is that he used his "Everyman" looks and appeal to make others look good instead. He was the true star of the series but he made sure his co-stars looked just as great. It has to be noted that the Fast & Furious franchise is the first film series to have multiple races, cultures and genders all sharing the spotlight as mostly equal partners - a true action team. He was the leader but it was unspoken. Thats what makes a great leader. Vin Diesel gets top billing, The Rock is in all of the commercials, Tyrese gets the funniest lines and Ludacris is made to look the least silly. But Paul is there in the back just silently being "The Man".

Cynically, you have to wonder if he was sort of using everyone to do the heavy lifting, as he mostly phoned in performances and played the most loyal, legit and family-oriented role in the team. He got to look strongest while doing the least. But they all received a great deal of mainstream credibility just acting in the same scene as Walker, who was once a hot commodity in Hollywood. I'm just saying there's an obvious symbiosis in the casting. But to Walker's credit, he made sure his supporting cast was THE supporting cast to beat, with this film adding Kurt Russell, Djimon Honsou, Tony Jaa and Ronda Roussey. And achoring all of this chaos was Walker's 100% real love of cars, car stunts and great car action, even though all of that phases out in this film.

This is not officially a final chapter, but its obvious that the films won't be the same without Walker in them. Three more FF film have been greenlit, but their future success is certainly suspect. Erasing Paul Walker from the equation, you are left with some seriously stupid and shallow movies. He was the most talented member of the team and the original "in" for the audiences of the very first film. Lets just hope Fast/Furious 8 makes him proud.

Donna

Last edited by Donna K.; 10-19-2015 at 05:23 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top