Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 07:13 PM
New Fan

Paul Bettany #1: Not Your Average Sex Symbol

I saw no thread for dear sweet Paul so I was compelled to make one. I can say for certin that he is my favorite actor. I first saw him in his breakthrough role in Gangster No. 1. He is completely underated and underused. I can't wait for The Da Vinci Code to come out because maybe then he'll get the respect he deserves.
Holli7555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli7555
I saw no thread for dear sweet Paul so I was compelled to make one. I can say for certin that he is my favorite actor. I first saw him in his breakthrough role in Gangster No. 1. He is completely underated and underused. I can't wait for The Da Vinci Code to come out because maybe then he'll get the respect he deserves.
Hi holly! Thank you for starting this thread. I think Paul is incredibly unique. He's a wonderful, intelligent actor, and to me he was the best thing about Master & Commander--the first film I saw him in.

I hope that he gets cast as the Joker for the next Batman film.

Judy

icon credit: skje
JudyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
New Fan

I could definetly see Paul as the Joker. I really hope he gets the part.
Holli7555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

Paul Bettany: Coz' SILAS is great ova Robert #1

A wonderful actor - whether you know him as a studious surgeon and naturalist caught up in the Napoleonic Wars (Master and Commander), a mischievous father of English letters (A Knight's Tale), a murderous monk who believes he is the messenger of God (The Da Vinci Code), or any other one of the many characters he has played to perfection.

ryllsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, thanks for the thread, sis. I love him in The Da Vinci Code. Great actor!
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

For some reason my fave Paul Bettany role was in "The heart of me". It was really good.

But now..... He stole the show as Silas! What an amazing performance, he was a dead ringer for this.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ITA, Nikki I saw him in A Knight's Tale and Firewall. He was great in Firewall and so funny in Knight's Tale. But Silas just rocked everything out! He was so great on it. That put him in my best actor list.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

My friend came out raving about Paul's performance. I think everyone did.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, all my friends who had watched The Da Vinci loved Paul now. Yes, Silas was creepy. Paul made him sexier. Because the book had him as a really scary looking huge guy.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

I know... When I heard Paul would be playing Silas I cringed because I knew he would look hot somehow and Silas is supposed to NOT be hot. Oh well, what's a hottie to do?? He certainly earned the role, tho.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Silas isn't the type of guy viewers would drool at while he's doing his corporal motification stuff. I was waiting for the scene when Paul stripped down to his birthday suit. On the book Silas has his undewear on, Ron Howard certainly knew that this guy's hot so he let Paul naked on the scenes.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

There was a woman behind me in the theater who actually started giggling loudly as soon as Paul appeared naked... I mean, I'd expect that from a teenager or someone in their low twentys but this woman was at least 40.. I know because she was with her daughter and grandkids.

Oh well, I got kinda upset because it is such an intense scene and she almost ruined it for me but later I smiled because well, I figured her giggles were for the nice shape of Paul Bettany's figure. I mean, I doubt she was giggling because of all the blood.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, that woman knows how to appreciate a man's body. A good man's body. But it would've ruined it for me, too.

It's actually good that I watched the movie twice now. Since on the first time, I have to concentrate on what the movie has to offer. Now, that I already know what was it, on my second viewing I jsut get to wait for Silas to appear naked.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Jennifer Connely so lucky having Paul.

Silas is not supposed to be that sexy but my Dan Brown can rewrite Silas description and base it to Paul its far more betta' than Silas in the book. just the bod and the looks. he made Silas hot ova Langdon.

they should get Viggo for Robert.
ryllsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

he was great in the da vinci code!!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top