Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melis
She is. I wish I had skin like that. lol
Me too. It looks perfect.
groovyk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Passionate Fan

I also wish i had skin like hers, it perfect.

I've been trying to find the pictures of her on the Ellen Degeneres Show. It was hilarious to see her doing ballet moves with Ellen in little pink tutu's. If anyone finds them can ya let me know please.

Do the Happy Dance for Neve!

Check out your favorite celeb pics here @ my Flickr page!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5057603...7611308272723/
adambrodyluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Oh, I didn't even know she was on Ellen.

Too bad there aren't more Neve sites around.
Melis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

we don't get that show here

I love those FHM pics. FHM always has the best pics of female celebs
*Lethe's Bramble* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Neve Campbell Turns Vixenish in New Movie

1 hour, 54 minutes ago

By DAVID GERMAIN, AP Movie Writer

TORONTO - Neve Campbell (news) has gone from prey to predator. The damsel who fought back in the "Scream" horror-spoof trilogy, Campbell now steps up with a racy femme-fatale turn in "When Will I Be Loved," which played Thursday at the Toronto International Film Festival one day before its U.S. debut.

Campbell stars as a vixen whose chief pastime seems to be setting traps for the Y-chromosome set, toying with the men in her life the way a cat plays with a mouse before dining.

For Campbell, 30, the character is motivated by the deep insult many women have felt, that of being intellectually and emotionally undervalued by men.

"I don't think at the beginning that she's a dark person, but she has put a certain amount of trust into the people who surround her," Campbell said in an interview Thursday alongside "When Will I Be Loved" writer-director James Toback. "When she realizes that her intelligence has been underestimated, it's offensive. It's incredibly insulting to her."

Campbell plays Vera Barrie, the pampered daughter of well-to-do parents who set her up in a gorgeous Manhattan loft apartment, where she's free to indulge her sexual appetites. With ferocious intelligence, Vera sees abusive, manipulative men mistreating women all around, and she makes it her mission to fight back.

She's constantly on the make, gathering phone numbers from guys on the street for future mind games and pausing in Central Park to pose seductively until she catches the eye of a lunkhead sitting on a bench, whose girlfriend explodes in a jealous rage. Vera triumphantly moves on, leaving one more poor sap behind her to sputter denials that he wasn't ogling the hot chick in the park.

"Vera is sort of daddy's little girl taken for granted. Her father's basically in the palm of her hand, and he has basically given her the confidence to walk over him and also do whatever else she wants to do," Toback said.

Viewers will have little sympathy for Vera's victims, since virtually all the men in the film are swine out to get what they can off women. Among them are Mike Tyson in a cameo as himself on a street bellowing obscenities at an unseen woman named Carol and Toback as a professor not-so-subtly hitting on Vera, whom he's considering for a teaching-assistant position.

As manipulative and predatory as they are, the men she encounters are rank amateurs next to Vera, a coldly brilliant strategist. Her masterpiece of vengeance involves her sleazy boyfriend (Frederick Weller), a wannabe movie producer who tries to raise seed money by promising sex with Vera to an elderly billionaire (Dominic Chianese, Uncle Junior on "The Sopranos") in exchange for $100,000.

Both men suffer the wrath of Vera and never see it coming.

Campbell relaxed her usual stand against nudity, appearing naked in several scenes.

"My only issue with nudity in the past had to do with the fact that most nude scenes have nothing to do with the scripts themselves or nothing to do with the characters, and they're solely there for box-office draw," Campbell said. "This film is about this woman's sexual curiosity and adventurousness, so to me, it made a lot of sense. It was important to see her in a very raw place."

Since her breakout role on TV's "Party of Five" and her big-screen success in the "Scream" flicks, Campbell has concentrated on more personal roles in smaller films such as "When Will I Be Loved."

Campbell produced and starred in last year's "The Company," a ballet tale from director Robert Altman, and co-stars with Christian Slater in the movie-business satire "Churchill: The Hollywood Years" as an actress playing the future Queen Elizabeth in a film biography of the prime minister.

"I'm just finding most of the studio pictures that you get sent are trash. They're just not well-written. The characters are not fleshed out," Campbell said. "I just got to a place where I tried to not analyze my career and not try and decipher how the industry or the audience was going to respond to my next film, and just focus on how I was going to respond working with particular people. Would I grow, and would I feel challenged and feel inspired?"
Melis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

I so wanna see this movie!!!!!

Thanks for the info Melis!

so where is all the Neve loving?
Old 09-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see Neve in something new.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Lange, Wood, Campbell Set for 'Singing'

Tue Nov 2,11:44 PM ET

By Liza Foreman

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jessica Lange, Neve Campbell (news) and Evan Rachel Wood have signed on to "The Mermaids Singing," which follows a young girl's return to the remote and enchanted Irish island where she was born.

Screenwriter Robin Swicord ("Practical Magic") will make her feature directing debut on the indie adaptation of Lisa Carey's novel.

Lange was last in theaters with Tim Burton's "Big Fish," Campbell with James Toback's "When Will I Be Loved," and Wood with Ron Howard's "The Missing."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Old 11-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Banned

I just watched When Will I Be Loved. While the movie was a little weird I thought Neve gave a standout performance.
GirlyGirl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

That mermaid project sounds cool. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlyGirl2004
I just watched When Will I Be Loved. While the movie was a little weird I thought Neve gave a standout performance.
I still haven't seen it

Can't wait for the new movie though, with Evan and Neve it's gotta be a killer one!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top