Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2002, 02:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Natalie Portman - Because seven is the perfect number

Hey guys. I figured someone would pull this thread back eventually, but I guess patience isn't my strongpoint. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Besides, how can you wait for someone who looks this good without trying?

So lets gather round and celebrate all things Natalie, coz even outside the Star Wars universe, she's still our Queen of Hearts. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for starting the thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Great pic too ya got there.

Old 10-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Passionate Fan

She looks beautiful! She is really a throw back to old Hollywood. She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn and Natalie Wood.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose.Act.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Natalie
In all of her movies shes good into her portrayal of any roles that she plays..

May the force be with her... ALways.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

That is definitely one of my all time faves, that first pic. Class and elegance without being overstated - it's a mix that not many can pull off any more.

As for the title, someone once said that seven is the perfect number coz it took God seven days to create everything in the Bible. I always found it interesting that she "just happens" to have seven letters in her first and last names. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Coincedence? I think not. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Total Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Great caps Nike, Thanks. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] guys! I just thought I'd post this...I got this in my e-mail...

"Padme Amidala Speaks"
Article from StarWars.com Newsletter

Senator, activist, warrior, secret newlywed -- Padmé Amidala keeps a schedule as busy as Natalie Portman does, not that the young actress minds.

"I'm in school during term time, I make movies in the summer, then I do publicity on the weekends," she explains. "It's not that difficult. I love going to school and all my school friends are great. They're not at all jealous or intimidated. A couple of them came to visit me [on set]. I need to be surrounded by friends as well as work people. We had a lot of fun in Sydney."

"Fun" is Portman's one-word summary of Episode II, soon to be available on DVD. Freed from the cumbersome makeup and stately wardrobe of Episode I, Portman delights at Padmé's more aggressive actions in Attack of the Clones. Sure, she got to storm her own palace in Menace, but that's nothing compared to fighting alongside Jedi warriors and going toe-to-claw against a nasty cat creature. "I got a few small bruises and pulled muscles, but nothing serious," she says.

Yet through it all, Padmé Amidala remained well coiffed and fully accessorized. "That makes me laugh," she admits. "A lot of the time, Padmé is running around without her assistants, but she always has amazingly flamboyant hair. She must be very skilled at styling it herself."

Another perk of Episode II is that for once, Portman gets to play the older woman in a romantic scenario. "It's about time, isn't it? After Leon and Beautiful Girls, I kept being made out as this ‘Lolita' character, and now I get to be the cradle-robber," she laughs.

She also chuckles at the rumors alleging an off-screen relationship with co-star Hayden Christensen. "I'm now the envy of little girls everywhere, which is better than being perceived as a bad person who robs stores or something," she says. "There are much worse rumors people could make up about you."

What is true is that she swiped an Anakin-related memento from the set; she now owns one of the Padawan's braids used in the film. "There were like 12 of them so I knew one wouldn't be missed."

Knowing that young girls around the world are watching Padmé Amidala with a twinkle of heroism in their eyes, Portman switches to a more serious gear when discussing her alter ego as a role model. "I hope she has elements that young girls would aspire to," she says. "She's a leader, she's idealistic and a good human being who has compassion for others. Plus she's not corrupted by politics; she takes care of herself and she's vulnerable to love -- which everyone is."

Portman's commitment to her educational pursuits would make good role model material as well. "It is important for me to be the most rounded human being I can possibly be and to learn as much as I can learn," she says. "For me, school and college have helped me understand myself better and given me the tools to live a full life and grow as a person."

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Charisse
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose.Act.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey all! The girl is definitely beautiful! If only I could look like her [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Uhm, I didn't see much of her movies, besides when she was in Star Wars, but she does look pretty talented! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 12:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm just stopping by to say that Natalie is a wonderful actress, she's great. I love her in "Where the heart is".

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

thanks for posting that Charisse [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Natalie Portman is one of my fave actresses ever! she's such a role model..i hope there are more young stars in Hollywood like her [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

icon by Ron_Cullen
Old 10-07-2002, 10:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love her, I was so happy to hear she would be making a movie in my town. 'Where the heart is'. It was very cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 11:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *=LadyLove=*:
thanks for posting that Charisse [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Natalie Portman is one of my fave actresses ever! she's such a role model..i hope there are more young stars in Hollywood like her [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Not a problem! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Had to post here. *sigh* She's great. I hope she takes more SF roles.

[img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

yay a nat thread [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top