Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Michelle Trachtenberg Appreciation Thread #6: We believe in her as much as she does

Welcome to the brand sparkling new Michelle Trachtenberg appreciation thread! The title is based on a quote which comes from Michelle's recent Girl's Life interview.

Biography
Michelle Trachtenberg is anything but an ordinary 17-year-old. Currently, the actress plays the mystery-laden character of Buffy's little sister Dawn Summers on UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She is perhaps best known for her starring role in Harriet the Spy, opposite Rosie O'Donnell, for which she won the Best Lead Actress in a Feature Film award from Young Artists of Hollywood.

A native New Yorker, Trachtenberg began her acting career at the age of four when she appeared in her first television commercial. Since then, she has appeared in over 100 national spots and in starring roles both in film and on television.

In 1999, Trachtenberg starred opposite Matthew Broderick in the live-action feature film Inspector Gadget. Her other feature credits include roles in the independent films Can't Be Heaven, The Cage and Melissa.

Daytime television fans will remember Trachtenberg from her role as the autistic Lily Montgomery on All My Children, at which time the drama also starred Sarah Michelle Gellar. She was also a series regular on the Nickelodeon series The Adventures of Pete & Pete. Trachtenberg's other television credits include guest starring roles on Meego, Guys Like Us, Figure It Out, Dave's World, Law & Order, Saturday Night Live, Clarissa Explains It All and Space Cases, as well as the television movies A Father's Choice opposite Peter Strauss and Mary McDonnell, and Christmas in Our Home Town with Melissa Gilbert.

For the past seven years, Trachtenberg has been an active spokesperson for R.A.D.D., DARE America, The Starlight Foundation and many others. Her contributions to the fight against drugs earned her the prestigious responsibility of representing the youth of America at CNN's headquarters in Atlanta, where she helped President Clinton launch The Coalition for a Drug Free America campaign.

In her spare time, Michelle enjoys swimming, rollerblading, ice-skating, bicycling and writing short stories.

Filmography
Movies:

Beautiful Ohio (2006)
Four Corners (2005)
Four Women (2005)
Vinyl (2005)
Odd Girl Out (2005)
Ice Princess (2004) - Casey
Mysterious Skin (2004) - Wendy
Eurotrip (2004) - Jenny
Father's Choice, A (2000) - Kelly McClain
Can't Be Heaven (1999) - Julie
Inspector Gadget (1999) - Penny
Richie Rich's Christmas Wish (1998) - Gloria
Harriet the Spy (1996) - Harriet M. Welsch

TV Shows:

Six Feet Under (2004) - Celeste
2001 Teen Choice Awards (2001) - Herself
Truth or Scare (2001) - Host/Narrator
Mad TV (1995) playing "Herself" 15 December 2001
Mad TV (1995) playing "Herself" 8 December 2001
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) - Dawn Summers (2000-2003)
Figure It Out" (1997) - Herself/panelist
Meego (1997) - Maggie Parker
Christmas in My Hometown (1996) - Noelle Murphy
Adventures of Pete & Pete, The (1993) - Nona Mecklenberg (1994-1996)
All My Children (1970) - Lily Benton Montgomery #2 (1994-1996)

Notable TV Guest Appearances:

Guys Like Us (1998) - Katie - episode: Maestro's First Crush (episode # 1.3)
Blue's Clues (1996) - Herself - episode: Blue's Birthday
Space Cases (1996) - Prankster #1 - episode: All You Can Eaty
Dave's World (1993) - Angela - episode: Solitaire
Clarissa Explains It All (1991) - Elsie Soaperstein - episode: Babysitting
Law & Order (1990) - Dinah Driscoll - episode: God Bless the Child

Michelle Sites

Delicate
Dawn Fanatique

Icons

Michellettes (If you want to be added PM me)
1 - Switch (Brit)
2 - Stacey200
3 - No Use
4 - pigglet
5 - Kage
6 - Slayer63
7 - buffster&spikey
8 - JoshFan
9 - Leya
10 - Romi Johnson
11 - Sassy Pie (Bree)
12 - Â†í±Ží·¤ä¿ª
13 - ~*spritual darkness*~ (Maddie)
14 - angel_delight16
15 - blackshash angel btvs fan
16 - Kat B
17 - Alien_Alias
18 - MARIAROCKS000
19 - Dawnie
20 - JLs~PriNCess
20 - Princess Aly
21 - Amy_Amelie
22 - Erika J
23 - buffyandspike4ever
24 - -Abdullah-

Icon thanks to rossfangirl86
Old 03-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Here is the new thread everyone! I hope you all like the title, it was kcajl's suggestion, a little shorter so it would fit! Keep on with the posting!

Old 03-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here are some new HQ Ice Princess promo pics to start off the new thread. Michelle looks absolutely incredible in this movie

Old 03-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here are the rest of the pics.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for posting, I didn't have all of them! Michelle will be on The View on Wednesday 9th.

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/index.html

Her promotion has began already!

Old 03-05-2005, 05:42 AM
New Fan

Hopefully we will see alot of Michelle over the next few weeks as see promotes the film. I still wonder when it's coming out over here in England
Old 03-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the info Bree. I will record it and make some caps and a video. I have checked the schedules for the other New York based shows for that week, but so far there are not any more Michelle appearances. Unfortunately TRL is on a break that week. If you hear about any other appearances let me know. I should be able to cap just about any show, except Jimmy Kimmel Live. The ABC affiliate where I live doesn't carry the show. Have you attempted to contact Michelle's reps to try and get an appearance schedule. You would think that they would be happy to get the information out there. She doesn't get as much promotion as she should. There are so many less talented young actresses that seem to be on a magazine cover, or talk show every month, while Michelle is lucky to get one each year. I really can't believe that Disney wasn't willing, or able, to get Michelle on the the March cover of a teen magazine. There is a new Movie Surfers segment airing on The Disney channel that features Michelle that you can also see on Disney's website. For some reason you can't access it directly from the Ice Princess site.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:39 AM
New Fan

hey everyone, I'm new to fan forum (not to the Michelleverse) but I adore Michelle so I decided why not join? I have a Michelle site too if anyone wants to stop by, I know Bree has done a wonderful job with her site, its amazing!

Edit: Oh and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how you get an avatar to show up? It's only letting me choose the premade ones
Old 03-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I will definitely e-mail you if there are any other appearances, I am thinking there will be. Disney usually does good promotion. I think she should have done a cover as well, I guess she did do Girl's Life though so that was something. I could try and contact her representatives with an e-mail. Writing a letter would take too long to be sent. But I might try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcajl
There is a new Movie Surfers segment airing on The Disney channel that features Michelle that you can also see on Disney's website. For some reason you can't access it directly from the Ice Princess site.
I was waiting for that to become available. I'll download it now and cap it!

Old 03-06-2005, 11:58 AM
New Fan

well uh thanks you guys for being welcoming (note the sarcasm) and answering my question...oh well..I guess you dont really want new people here *sigh*
Old 03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

m@rika, that wasn't very nice. If 10 or 12 posts had gone up ignoring you, then I could see you being miffed. But this thread isn't that high-traffic, and I'm probably the first person to have even seen your question. If you'd gone to the Newbies or Q&A Board and asked, I'm sure you would have gotten a quick answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rika
Edit: Oh and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how you get an avatar to show up? It's only letting me choose the premade ones
Anyway, custom avatars are only available to people with over 500 posts. Until then, you're stuck with the standard ones (which are supposed to be re-done in the larger size, whenever they get around to it). Supposedly it's an incentive for people to stay and post.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

As Wild Pikachu said you just have to get 500 posts and then you can have a custom avvie. Some of the regular board avvies are good even if they aren't big and don't flash.

Thought I'd post some pics to brighten up the thread:

Old 03-07-2005, 02:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu
m@rika, that wasn't very nice. If 10 or 12 posts had gone up ignoring you, then I could see you being miffed. But this thread isn't that high-traffic, and I'm probably the first person to have even seen your question. If you'd gone to the Newbies or Q&A Board and asked, I'm sure you would have gotten a quick answer.

Anyway, custom avatars are only available to people with over 500 posts. Until then, you're stuck with the standard ones (which are supposed to be re-done in the larger size, whenever they get around to it). Supposedly it's an incentive for people to stay and post.
Thankyou Wild Pikachu. And I'm sorry if I sounded mean, that wasnt my intention. The thing is that I've e-mailed someone who posts here (not naming any names because I believe in starting over) more than once and never once gotten a reply so I was just upset that I was possibly being ignored some more. Hopefully you can understand where I was coming from, and maybe you'll learn that I'm actually a nice person, again I'm sorry I came off mean and thanks for answering my question
Old 03-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

hey look at that!

A new thread!

I fresh from Florida and you know who I saw there??? Michelle!!!

ok, not really her. But at the MGM studios Disney theme park, there was a 12 feet poster of Ice Princess on the side of a building!! ^-^ And on the line for one of the attraction, there was little tv and the promo of Ice Princess was playing!

I have to catch up now! Lots of new pictures!

Icon by me
Old 03-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Loyal Fan

That's so cool dawnie! I would like a poster that big! I wonder if there is a non custom Dawn FF avvie. Maybe we should try to get one if there isn't. That would be cool for you to use m@rika. I think I used Harry Potter and Buffy ones when I first started posting here.

Some Movie Surfer caps:

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top