Old 03-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Great pictures .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 03-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Karen, thanks for posting. She looks gorgeous there.

Carrie, CTM isn't for everyone. Thanks for the YT link. I love her laugh there. I bet every reporter asks her about the possibility of a D.A. movie.

Quote:
Last night's screening of @thesenseofanendingfilm @themuseumofmodernart #thesenseofanending @peggysiegalco US release March 10 @cbsfilms
So proud of this film

Quote:
Chatting to @livekelly and @realchristianslater today about @thesenseofanendingfilm @studiocanaluk @cbsfilms

Michelle Dockery looks chic in pencil skirt in New York | Daily Mail Online

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the gorgeous pics Karen and Lindsay, as that report says she is looking fabulously chic, I really love those shoes too.

Great watching these new clips on Youtube as well, they look like the same shoes in that interview, thanks for posting Lindsay, I think the entire cast are forever going to be asked about a Downton movie, until it happens.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

Great pictures .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 03-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
"Girls are the future mothers of our society, and it is important that we focus on their well-being" - Miriam Makeba, Vocal Civil Rights Activist and First black African woman to receive a Grammy Award #miriammakeba
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!
#sisters #beboldforchange #internationalwomensday
Lotos Nightclub NYC promoting "The Sense of an Ending"
Spoiler:

Old 03-09-2017, 12:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the info, and the gorgeous pics Lindsay, hopefully that interview will be up on Youtube.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Moderator Manager

If I find it, I'll post it here.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Lindsay, I really love what she's wearing in those interviews, I'm sure there's more to follow, looking forward to them.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Moderator Manager

I really love it too. In fact I can wear something like that for work so now I'm trying to find colors that are combined like that and add it to my office wardrobe.

Btw, I'm already halfway done with Good Behavior and tbh, I find it really slow and boring. The story just doesn't grab me at all. Michelle is superb though and I think she sometimes slips with the American accent but overall she's really good especially when it's a dramatic moment.

Quote:
Today is the US release of @thesenseofanendingfilm Based on the Man Booker prize-winning novel by #julianbarnes. Directed by #riteshbatra So proud of this film #jimbroadbent #charlotterampling #emilymortimer #billyhowle

Old 03-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Extreme Fan

The colour really suits her, I'd love to find something similar too, I hope you're successful in your search Lindsay, it does look perfect for an office wardrobe.

it's a shame you're not finding GB more exciting, in the clips I've seen Michelle does sound as if she's got the accent right, but as you say it probably wouldn't be worth watching if she wasn't in it.

I found another clip of her talking about Sense of An Ending.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ng_Ydrekk
Old 03-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, if it wasn't for Michelle I wouldn't bother watching this show at all. I'll watch until the end and see if I'll still continue watching S2 this year as it has been renewed.

Thanks for that clip! I haven't seen that one and will watch for later.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Looks like she's in New York now. Maybe doing more movie promotion for "A Sense of an Ending".

Quote:
Hello again NY ❤

Old 03-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Some bits:

Quote:
Collider: This film is really such a beautiful human story.

MICHELLE DOCKERY: Thank you! I’m so proud of it. It was such a wonderful film to be a part of. After I watched it, I felt like it’s the kind of movie that really stays with you.

Because this is just a very human story about people and relationships, and the people that come in and out of our lives, is Susie a character that you could relate to, on a personal level, more than other characters that you’ve played, especially recently?

DOCKERY: I’ve never really played a part, or not for a long time anyway, that is closer to who I am, in accent and age, so yes, in a way, the performance is closer to me, as opposed to Letty or Lady Mary, who are very, very different from me.

What was it about the script that attracted you, and had you been familiar with the novel that this film was adapted from?

DOCKERY: I loved the novel. I read it a long time ago, when it first came out, so I was familiar with it. The script was different. In the novel, she’s married with two children, but in the film, she’s expecting a baby and there’s a mystery around the character. You don’t really know what her backstory is and why she’s doing this on her own, but in a way, you don’t really need to know, necessarily. I certainly didn’t feel like I needed to know. I love that about the film. It allows the audience to make up their own minds and assumptions. For us, it was quite open to interpretation, in a way. (Director) Ritesh [Batra] has got such a wonderful way of working. He’s wise beyond his years and has this very relaxed attitude for everything, and it allows the work the space to breathe. You see that when you’re watching it. It’s one of those films that has moments that are suspended, where nothing is happening, and it allows you time to think. It’s not rushing to the next scene, or crushing in music to make you feel a certain way. It was beautifully put together by him.

It was really refreshing to watch because you’re forced to stay in the moment with each character, since you don’t know where they’ve come from yet and you can’t judge them for their past, until you learn what that past is.

DOCKERY: I think that’s right.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
"the great thing about her is that there’s sort of a mystery as to why she is coming to have a baby on her own. And it’s very different from the book because susie, in the book, is married with two children, so it’s really quite new in this script and the character," she says via phone, days before the film's release. "it’s something that i really liked about the film is that you don’t necessarily have to know everything about a character and why they come to be who they are and where they are at this point in their life."

it's true that we don't find out much about the other characters' statuses beyond their relationship to the mystery at hand. We don't know why exactly main character tony and his ex-wife, margaret, divorced; we also don't know the extent of some of tony's relationships from his college days. But susie's situation, in particular, stands out because it's almost unheard of to encounter a female character expecting a child alone without the fact that she's doing so being a focus or a message. At first i found the lack of background about susie a bit jarring and felt the need to find answers, but as the movie went on i began to appreciate it. It doesn't matter why she is having a baby alone; the fact that a single parent is allowed to exist in a film without the situation being made into a big deal full of prodding questions likely does matter to other mothers who had children on their own.

For her part, dockery is committed to keeping the mystery around susie's character going. "i had an idea [of her background] for myself, but i kind of like to keep it that way," she says. "it’s up to the audience to come to their own conclusions as to why she is doing what she’s doing."

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top