Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Absolute Fan

I like the last pic the best personally. does anyone know any quotes I could add to the opening post? I didn't remember any. There was one he said about how much he looks up to his brother or something but I don't remember the exact wording and I don't remember where I saw the quote [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"You're the ONLY woman I've ever loved."- Lucas to Sami

"I want you, I love you."
"Lucas, I love you too."- Lumi (Days)
JessesMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

I'll look at my tapes of his TV interviews and see if I can find any good quotes.
Cursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, where did everyone go?

Have you gotten any good quotes yet?
Old 12-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm still here. I haven't found any quotes yet. Especially not the one I was looking for where Luke was talking about how much he admired Owen or something.

Old 12-10-2002, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

I'll look through my TV and mag interviews to see if I can find that quote you want.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

EW.com has profiled Hollywood's siblings:

Quote:
OWEN AND LUKE WILSON

AGES 34, 31

BREAKTHROUGH MOMENTS The pair first joined forces with director Wes Anderson, playing misfit pals in 1996's ''Bottle Rocket.'' The results were explosive -- but not at the box office. The indie film grossed just $1 million, then went on to become a video cult hit and opened the door for the trio to make the equally quirky ''Rushmore'' (1998) and ''The Royal Tenenbaums'' (2001).

WHAT THEY'RE DOING NOW Luke shows up in Bob Dylan's Sundance fest contender ''Masked and Anonymous,'' and we can only hope Owen is busy whipping himself with a wet noodle for ''I Spy.''

WHAT'S NEXT Luke reprises his adoring boyfriend roles in ''Legally Blonde: Red, White & Blonde'' and ''Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle'' next summer. He also stars opposite Kate Hudson in the Rob Reiner-directed romance ''Loosely Based on a True Love Story'' in fall 2003. Owen plays straight man to Jackie Chan again in ''Shanghai Knights'' (opens Feb. 7), after which he'll deliver an adaptation of Elmore Leonard's crime thriller ''The Big Bounce'' and a big screen version of ''Starsky and Hutch'' costarring Ben Stiller and Snoop Dogg.

VERDICT In the long run, Owen. Though Luke's puppy dog eyes make him the more appealing romantic lead (just ask real-life exes Barrymore and Gwyneth Paltrow), Owen's chops as both a comic actor (''Zoolander'') and a writer (''The Royal Tenenbaums'') suggest he'll be around even after his little bro's hottie status fades.

A little miffed at the verdict. Although I like Owen and I know he is an extremely talented writer I think if anything it should be a tie because personally I think Luke has the better film career. Luke has chosen a more low profile route by taking supporting roles in succesful films while Owen has a long list of big-budget, critical bombs to his name: Armaggedon, Zoolander, The Haunting, I Spy, Anaconda and Behind Enemy Lines (in my opinion his best film was indie classic The Minus Man and he should have stuck to roles that challenge him).
Old 12-17-2002, 01:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
A little miffed at the verdict. Although I like Owen and I know he is an extremely talented writer I think if anything it should be a tie because personally I think Luke has the better film career. Luke has chosen a more low profile route by taking supporting roles in succesful films while Owen has a long list of big-budget, critical bombs to his name: Armaggedon, Zoolander, The Haunting, I Spy, Anaconda and Behind Enemy Lines (in my opinion his best film was indie classic The Minus Man and he should have stuck to roles that challenge him).
I agree about the tie. But, I wouldn't take it too personally. ew.com isn't exactly the most reliable source when it comes to opinions on movies/music/etc.

I liked Legally Blonde and Charlie's Angels was okay ( not enough Luke in that one. Hopefully he'll be in the sequel more.)

Soul Survivors wasn't that great tho ... Did anyone even understand that movie? It was like (ahh... I forgot the name, but that movie with Bill Pullman and Patricia Arquette... I think it was Bill PUllman) watching (the movie described in previous parenthesis) or that one with Sam Neill where the whatever the writer writes happens... Why can't I remember the names of these movies... Ah... In the Mouth Of Madness... anyway, it was like watching them all over again... Confusion City... What was real? What wasn't? yeesh...

I agree that The Haunting sucked... Anaconda wasn't that great (the smaller budgeted giant snake movie called Python was better [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Though, Python's sequel sucked).

As far as any movie being critical bombs... I very often disagree with most critics. I don't trust what they say at all. I've never seen one single critic give a bad review to any disney movie (suspicious and bizarre). I think Disney is paying these people off [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I really don't like critics. I never have and I never will. I think most of them are pretty much full of [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry, but that is my opinion on critics. I could care less what any of them have to say [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I've never seen Minus Man... I can't find it except to buy and I very rarely buy movies I've never seen... The only one I did buy that I never saw was a musical in which the story I was already familiar with so I was pretty sure I'd like the movie [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] None of the rental places around here have TMM. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Will I ever find that movie? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm looking forward to the sequel to Legally Blonde... but I'm not sure about the sequel to Charlie's Angels... I just don't think it'll be the same without Bill... I'll probably rent it (since both Luke and Matt are back in it), but I don't think I'll go see it in theaters...

Old 12-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

The first time I saw The Minus Man was when I rented the DVD from an indipedant video store. Nice DVD, the extra features and animated menus were well done and creepy (intentionally done so). The creepiest feature was the profiles of real life serial killers. But I recommend you watch it when the opportunity arises because its a good movie and Owen is very good in it. The best thing about the movie is that you get very well done performances from actors you wouldn't expect to be in a film like this, like Owen as well as Janeane Garafolo and singer Sheryl Crow.

I'm hoping we get lots more Luke in the new sequels too. I'll be sure to watch 'em and tell you if Luke has plenty of screen time. I'm really hoping his roles won't be severely reduced in favor of the new plotlines. Like Mena Suvari's role in American Pie 2, there was so much going on that her role was a lot smaller than in the first film.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Happy New year, all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

From the new Entertainment Weekly:

Cool Hand Luke

Owen's laconic little brother will soon begin work on Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, in which he'll reprise his Reese Witherspoon-smitten lawyer. "We didn't make it to the alter, but everything works out," reveals the actor. "I shouldn't give away the why and the how of it all." Wilson also has boyfriend-redux duty on Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, and he says there ain't a jiggle of truth to rumors of catfighting between the headlining heroines - Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu - and their new nemesis, played by Demi Moore. "They all get along great," reports Wilson. "But that rumor's a good one - maybe it would be better for the film if I don't say otherwise." (By Jeff Jensen)
Old 01-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Saw the preview for Old School during the Super Bowl. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] With such big stars in the movie I'm not too happy that it's being marketed as a Will Ferrell comedy (they're making it look like another SNL movie). I only saw like one shot of Luke and Vince throughout the whole preview.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited Undeclared ]
Old 02-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Absolute Fan

When does Old School start? It looks really funny.

Old 02-04-2003, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

February 21.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Who caught him on Leno last night?

They showed a picture of him and Owen when they were first on Leno to promote Bottle Rocket. And Luke told the story of when Owen through his pants at him and hit him in the face, the same one he told on Caroline Rhea. Except this time he seemed a lot less shy and quiet than on Caroline.

He's going to be on Craig Kilborn next week on the 11th on Conan on the 20th. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Can't Wait!
Old 03-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I made a banner and posted it on page one (the opening post).

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top