Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa Edelstein Appreciation #8 ~ Because "Lisa is just so completely multitalented!" ♥

Lisa Edelstein Appreciation Thread

Lisa Fans
Shining Light
gaityr
Got Vicodin?
I_Wish_I_Were_Kerry
_virgo_
bones_em_temp
McHobbit
house_cuddy4eva
BOK
Big Head want Dolly
Fez
I*Felt*Your*Abscence
LostEvi
B.Chambers
*CopperBoom*
loveslullaby
~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
huddy88

Mini Biography
Lisa Edelstein began her professional acting career while studying theater at N.Y.U.'s Tisch School of the Arts. After performing in a wide range of productions off and on Broadway, she authored and performed the AIDS-related musical "Positive Me" at Ellen Stuart's La Mama, in Manhattan. It was one of the earliest AIDS-related theater productions.

Lisa gained her first television experience as a host of the cable series "Awake on the Wild Side." In the last several years she has fearlessly taken on a wide variety of roles for television. She played a call-girl girlfriend on "The West Wing," David Conrad's sister on "Relativity," the transsexual boyfriend of James LeGros on "Ally McBeal" and an Orthodox Jewish woman losing custody of her kids on "Family Law." She also played James Spader's love interest on "The Practice", and has had numerous other TV roles and guest appearances.

Her latest and current role is that of hospital administrator Dr. Lisa Cuddy, in the hit medical drama "House". Watch for her in House every Monday night on the FOX network.

Bio courtesy of IMDb.com

Previous Lisa threads
http://www.fanforum.com/f25/lisa-ede...-out-62814802/
http://www.fanforum.com/f25/lisa-ede...-sky-62842658/
http://www.fanforum.com/f25/lisa-ede...urie-62854787/
http://www.fanforum.com/f25/lisa-ede...eart-62861588/
http://www.fanforum.com/f25/lisa-ede...enes-62869405/
http://www.fanforum.com/f25/lisa-ede...wing-62888836/
http://www.fanforum.com/f25/lisa-ede...ress-62910965/

If you want to be added to the list just ask the thread starter.

Now post on and spread the Lisa love!

Last edited by tender looks; 02-16-2010 at 12:43 PM
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Wohoo!!!

Thanks so much, Cat

And look:

House's Lisa Edelstein, on KTTV

My Fox Houston Interview

I'm too afraid to watch them since I suspect she's doing all those interviews to promote her upcoming episode

T.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that is indeed the purpose of these interviews.

For the first time in her whole career she's getting an episode of a show she's on that's all about her and lets her take centrestage, I'm so proud of her and also maybe even a little emotional.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
Yes, that is indeed the purpose of these interviews.
Damn the stuff I'll have to catch up on just keeps piling up
I can't wait for my exams to be over already
Quote:
For the first time in her whole career she's getting an episode of a show she's on that's all about her and lets her take centrestage, I'm so proud of her and also maybe even a little emotional.
I know Same here, I'm just insanely happy for her
Also, I'm kinda proud that I managed to be almost completely unspoiled (which, I admit was at least so far easier...studying 24/7 and all)
I only stumbled over the title of the episode (I thought they'd call it "Cuddy" ), but there seems to be a huge amount of buzz around that epi (a friend of mine said there were like 500 comments on a promo or something?)-
I'll have to avoid all the fandom wank and keep my expectations a bit low I guess (not that Lisa does ever anything sub-par when it comes to her acting, but you know what I mean ...*cough* writers *cough*) but I'm optimistic, I love S6 so much so far

T.

Last edited by Big Head want Dolly; 02-04-2010 at 02:38 AM
Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
a friend of mine said there were like 500 comments on a promo or something?
Well not quite, 414 comments.

US Weekly gives her episode 4/5. And I quote them: "As tension mounts on all fronts, Edelstein's performance - empathetic yet commanding - doesn't miss a beat."
Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure I've posted here before, how come I'm not on the list yet?? That's not right Add me please??

Can't wait for her episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
Well not quite, 414 comments.
Oh wow, still...that's a lot of comments
Quote:
US Weekly gives her episode 4/5. And I quote them: "As tension mounts on all fronts, Edelstein's performance - empathetic yet commanding - doesn't miss a beat."
Aww Sounds wonderful Let's hope it'll be this way with all the reviews - if not: screw them!
I want her to get some of the attention and praise before everyone else will forget about this and only talk about Hugh directing...
I mean there's a reason why people call her House's leading lady even though she's only getting like 60 seconds of screen-time on average, right?

Hi Ju
Glad you could join Cat in entertaining me while I live in House exile

I just noticed that our banner is gone. I wish I could do fan art stuff
Well, this'll pretty up the page a bit:

T.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're added Ju. Nice to see you here.

Quote:
I want her to get some of the attention and praise before everyone else will forget about this and only talk about Hugh directing...
Totally. I mean, I'm sure Hugh's episode will be fantastic and all and I'm really excited to see it, but this is Lisa's long awaited turn in the spotlight and I want people to realize how amazing she is.

Queen Cuddy, ruling over her subjects, that's how it should always be.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
Totally. I mean, I'm sure Hugh's episode will be fantastic and all and I'm really excited to see it, but this is Lisa's long awaited turn in the spotlight and I want people to realize how amazing she is.
Same here She deserves it

You know maybe it's all the studying going to my head, the reading a lot of mind-boggling articles (if you have time and low blood pressure I can recommend them) like:

Remember when I said they teach you not to write screenplays with women as leads?

Female characters exist to promote male leads for network profits,

or any of these

Women in Hollywood - Jezebel

or I'm just generally insane, but what I mentioned (Lisa finally getting her turn to take centre-stage, only for Hugh (yes, he's great bla bla bla) to get all the more attention only a few days later) made me kinda sad the other day
She should get so much more recognition for her work on House (well, it is difficult due to it being an ensemble show with one lead, I realise that)
But then I stopped freaking out about it and decided to
1. worry about way more important things
2. just be happy for Lisa to exist at all and if she's happy who am I to worry about it

So there you have it... my lunatic moment of the week Can you tell I'm completely deprived of crazy fangirling and therefore have to let my madness out somewhere else?

Quote:
Queen Cuddy, ruling over her subjects, that's how it should always be.
Exactly

T.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Can you tell I'm completely deprived of crazy fangirling and therefore have to let my madness out somewhere else?
Go ahead, I don't mind.

I just wish Lisa got a lot more recognition for her ability than what she does, she's so good and I feel like people are missing out, plus I want her talent to be more rewarded. I know she's no doubt perfectly happy just how things are and doesn't mind at all, but it would be nice to see someone as hardworking and dedicated and talented as her getting the praise she truly deserves.

So due to a combination of various circumstances, I won't be able to watch the Cuddy ep till Wednesday evening, I'm already crying over this fact.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Cat and Taschka Thanks for adding me

Queen Cuddy I want those pics to be released
Old 02-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
I just wish Lisa got a lot more recognition for her ability than what she does, she's so good and I feel like people are missing out, plus I want her talent to be more rewarded. I know she's no doubt perfectly happy just how things are and doesn't mind at all, but it would be nice to see someone as hardworking and dedicated and talented as her getting the praise she truly deserves.
Absolutely Very well said.
Quote:
Go ahead, I don't mind.
Alright then I guess my frustration stems from the fact that the only person who ever seems to get anywhere on this show is Hugh - which is well deserved, seriously I love him and as I said it lies in the nature of the show itself - he got the executive producer title, he gets to direct episodes...and all the other great actors like OE, PJ and of course Lisa are kinda "stuck" (which for actors is a great thing too given their work environment, but you get my drift I hope).
And then I read that on Bones DB is directing now too (which again might be for completely different reasons: I don't know whether Emily just doesn't want to or whatever) and in addition to all the other misogynist crap going on in Hollywood and in general I kinda snapped
Quote:
So due to a combination of various circumstances, I won't be able to watch the Cuddy ep till Wednesday evening, I'm already crying over this fact.
I know exactly how you feel I've not seen a single episode yet...it drives me crazy But I read about your job and was so happy
Only two weeks to go for me and 4 days for you. You can do it, Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
Hey Cat and Taschka
Great to have the two of you here
Quote:
Queen Cuddy . I want those pics to be released
Same here. Do we know anything about why they were not released yet

T.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Too wiped to write much at the moment. But I discovered that I'd gotten my dates mixed up a bit, I'll be able to watch the ep on Tuesday evening, which isn't bad at all.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top