Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

‘Independence Day’ 2 Movie Update: “ID Forever” Now Filming in New Mexico, Plot Spoilers, and Vivica Fox shares character development : Trending News : Venture Capital Post

Quote:
Despite Will Smith's turn down for the lead character, 'Independence Day' 2 pushes forward with its original cast alongside new characters. Vivica Fox shares an important detail of the sequel along with new spoilers on the film's plot. 'Independence Day' 2, which will be released on June 24, 2016 and is currently filming in New Mexico.

Vivica A. Fox confirms that the sequel is already set 15 years after the original "Independence Day" movie. Fox reprises her role in the upcoming 'Independence Day' 2. She played Will Smith's girlfriend in the 1996 franchise, 'Independence Day'. Fox's character in the original movie was a stripper and later progressed as a hospital administrator in 'Independence Day' 2. Vivica Fox is reportedly happy of her character's development. "I'm glad that they moved her character forward as a woman," she says in an interview. "I will not be on the pole. She was a stripper with a heart of gold, who had said that she was doing it because the money was good, now she's a hospital administrator and she's running the hospital and I'm glad that they moved her character forward as a woman."

Moreover, a spoiler on the 'Independence Day' 2 plot has been leaked online. "We always knew they were coming back. After 'Independence Day' redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global catastrophe on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nation of Earth has collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. However, nothing can prepare us for the aliens' advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction".

The cast of 'Independence Day' 2 includes the original members: Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Vivica A. Fox, Judd Hirsch, and Brent Spiner. New roles include Maika Monroe, Joey King, Sela Ward, Jessie Usher, Liam Hemsworth and Charlotte Gainsbourg. 'Independence Day' 2 is currently filming in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Will Smith may have turned down a possible blockbuster movie for 2016 but fans are hopeful that the return of this heatwarming and inspirational action-filled movie will be as phenomenal as its precedent.

'Independence Day' 2 will be released on June 24, 2016. Stay tuned for more updates!

Old 05-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the article.

Donna
Old 05-25-2015, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the article! And his Diesel campaign
is very HOT!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-26-2015, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome. Here's a droolbucket for you.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hope that we will see some more of it..

is that what you want?

Old 05-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Me too,

Blu-ray reviews: Seventh Son and Cut Bank - Washington Times

Quote:
Cut Bank (Lionsgate Home Entertainment, Rated R, $24.99) — A Fargo-esque crime thriller arrives on Blu-ray elevated with worthy extras from its basic video-on-demand release last month.

The tale of mechanic Dwayne McLaren (played by Liam Hemsworth) and his yearning to get out of the small town of Cut Bank, Montana (proudly proclaimed as “the coldest spot in the nation”), presents a woeful case of supposed good luck turned into a nightmare. Mr. McLaren unwise actions unleash a snowball effect of violence on his fellow citizens.

Viewers get to appreciate a veteran group of actors known for their quirky performances, including Billy Bob Thornton, John Malkovich, Bruce Dern, Oliver Platt and a terrifying Michael Stuhlbarg while the plot of murder, greed and obsession unfolds.
Here's the Synopsis for the First 'Independence Day' Sequ | Shadow and Act

Quote:
I just happened to be browsing through Rotten Tomatoes, looking for info on upcoming films, and came across a synopsis for "Independence Day 2," which I hadn't seen before today (although it may have been released already and I just missed it). But I figured if I wasn't aware, some of you likely also aren't.

So here's what it is as of right now: "We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global catastrophe on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens' advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction."

No specifics on how the storylines of each character (especially the new additions) will feed the main narrative; but, at least we now know what that narrative is.

Here's what else we know thus far...

Most recently, British actor, Deobia Oparei (Areo Hotah in HBO’s "Game Of Thrones"), joined the cast of Fox’s "Independence Day 2," which Jessie T. Usher (star of the LeBron James-produced Starz series, "Survivor’s Remorse") is playing the lead in (essentially replacing Will Smith, as likely his son).

Oparei will play a character named Dikembe, and is described as the Oxford-educated son of an African warlord. I'll reserve commentary until I actually see the film; although color me nervous with that description, as I'm wondering how the character will fit into the movie's overall "alien invasion" narrative. It's just so specific.

Also to appear in the film are returning stars Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman and Vivica A. Fox, who'll be joined by other newcomers in Liam Hemsworth, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Sela Ward.

20th Century Fox is moving ahead with the first of 2 announced "Independence Day" sequels, which will be released during the summer of 2016 (June 24), 20 years after the first film's theatrical debut.

As for Will Smith, he's not returning, and will indeed sit out the next 2 films, paving the way for Usher to take over, in a handing-off of the baton.

As writer/director Rolland Emmerich said previously, the sequels would be "a bit like the sons takeover," meaning Will Smith probably wasn't expected to be part of the sequels in the first place - at least, not in any meaningful way - and the storylines for each film will instead focus on a new generation of human heroes, including Will Smith's character's eventual stepson (Vivica Fox's kid) in "ID4" (who was played by Ross Bagley, now 25 years old).

It was previously reported that the 2 films will be called: "ID Forever - Part 1," and "ID Forever - Part 2."

We'll see how this all shakes out. I haven't exactly been longing for "ID4" sequels, but I'm sure I'll still see them when they are released.

Donna
Old 05-27-2015, 06:03 PM
New Fan

I am happy to hear that Liam landed a role in this sure to be a great film, such as, Independence Day 2, will definitely be. Imagine how many actors that read for this film. It says something about his talent and charisma, that he was chosen.
I saw "Cut Bank", a couple days ago on Amazon Prime Instant Video. I really enjoyed it. Liam looked good with his full but close clipped beard. I checked the Box Office Mojo website to see what sort of money it made, but to my surprise it is not listed. Apparently, they don't list "limited release" films, that make most of their money via video on demand pay per view. There is some info about the film on wikipedia, though. Here's a link.
Cut Bank film
Old 05-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the link.

Donna
Old 05-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

I still haven't see Cut Bank yet, but hopefully in next week since I have more time to watch it..

is that what you want?

Old 05-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the articles and link.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 06-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, I submitted someone else.

‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Poster Shows Capitol Crumbling to the Ground | The Hunger Games | Just Jared Jr.

Quote:
A new poster for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 was just released and it depicts President Snow crumbled to pieces.

“We are not #OnePanem. We are individuals, united against the Capitol! #Unite” a tweet from One Panem, the Revolution’s Twitter account, tweeted, just before releasing the poster.

The poster mirrors the all-white teaser that was released last year for Part 1 of the film.

Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson all return for the final installment of the movie, among many others.

Bigger poster inside…
Off With His Head! Chilling New Hunger Games: Mockingjay—Part 2 Poster Revealed | E! Online

Quote:
Hasta la vista, President Snow!

In the newest poster released by Lionsgate for Hunger Games: Mockingjay—Part 2, it's clear that the revolution is just getting started for Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) in the franchise's finale. In a style similar to one of the posters released for the first Mockingjay installment, a stone statue of President Snow (Donald Sutherland) appears headless and crumbled. In front of the completely white backdrop is a graffiti'd red mockingjay—a symbol of fearless rebellion against the Capitol.

The corner of the poster reads, "#UniteRevolution" in sprawling red ink—encouraging Hunger Games fans to participate on social media in anticipation of the film's Nov. 20 release date.

The striking similarities between last year's poster and Part 2's recent release are clearly no accident, though. Part One's poster pays homage to the impermeable reign of President Snow in Panem as he appears next to Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) and Johanna Mason (Jena Malone) before District 13 launches their assassination attempt on Snow in Part 2.

It also appears Katniss and her valient team have hacked The Capitol's Twitter account, sharing the poster and encouraging followers to check out the new Revolution PN website and sign up with your name and email address.

"Dawn is approaching. A new day is on the horizon. Be part of the next generation of Panem. Enlist today," the site reads.

If enlisting means we get to look at Gale Hawthorne (Liam Hemsworth) everyday, then we're in!

Old 06-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for those!

is that what you want?

Old 06-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the articles, Jade.

Donna