Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I fully understand where your coming from Cristal. LUX was special and Im grateful for the 2 seasons we had. The way the cast and crew have welcomed us into the fold of the LUX family was a bit special and nothing I have seen before with a TV show. I guess im lucky in the sense of having a family that is already very similar to that portrayed on LUX but I guess were not all so fortunate. The show got people relating to it and if it gave folk some hope then good on it. Like you say though we can hold onto it in a secret place and always have a hint af a smile when we think of a Baze moment but its time to set it free. Im sure we will all fall in love with Henry as soon as he shows his face
hb010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Heather , its wednesday !! Where's your hump day hottie pic?

(I need saving from the man u / chelsea game ! Sir Alex chewing gum whilst being interviewed on TV !!! And he's a Knight of the Realm! )

(for non europeans the above refers to european soccer night)

That was nice what you said Cristal LUX has meant so much to people in so many different ways.

I wonder when we will see the first pictures of Henry? When the pilot has been picked up?

BTW , Kris just needs 4 more people and he'll have 6500 fans on his fan FB!!!!

Last edited by pictures of you; 04-06-2011 at 01:15 PM
pictures of you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have failed Carol....been mental at work and not long in from a zumba class!! Next week I promise with the HDH picture I will be my mission this weekend to find a belter for us to enjoy next Wednesday.

Think there may well be some pics once they know its picked up, they will have to start promoting it. Why cant they film some scenes in London either....I would so be there like a shot!!!

Slightly jealous about everyone stateside being able to own a boxset...once again us Brits have to wait
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Agreed Cristal. Unfortunately such a production doesn't come along very often. Kris has obviously made some firm fans/supporters due to the role of Baze. I am excited to see what he comes up with next as I am trying to look forward.

I posted this on the previous thread but, thought I would repost this.

Also this vid is one of Liz's about tweet - Shiri, Liz, Austin are in this and Kris is being his usual funny, sexy self. him.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
cee_cee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow love the "tweet video" Cee Cee I hadn't seen that video before. Kris and Shiri were really funny. Erm...Heather and any other British person here, put your hands up if you laughed when Kris did the two finger thing, when he said he had 2 thousand fans on face -book!

LOL! cultural differences!! Yikes!

Kris has now got more than 6,500 fans on his fan page!
Well done KPO!!

Looking forward to a HDH picture Heather, I know you'll find a brilliant one
Old 04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

I know! I feel like it was just yesterday that he first mentioned the OG33 and how happy he was when it got to 3k...now its double So happy that he's being loved by so many!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Well done KPO.

Thought this might brighten your day.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
cee_cee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Morning ladies....another beautiful day in London today, long may it continue

So, who has their DVD's?? Still nothing here in the UK so Im patiently waiting, as Im sure are you Carol

Woke up to a nice reply from Kris this morning, hes such a top fella and I have oodles of respect for him. Hopefully off to see a show today so with the sun shining, and a gentle hello from KP, I have a spring in my step

Hope everyone is well, have a great weekend whatever you are doing and remember to do it with a smile
Old 04-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone! It's beautifil weather all over the UK ( I'm in the north midlands - no where near London ) . In fact this week it was as warm here as in Barbados ! It's all very unsual for the time of year.

WOW! Heather I've just seen Kris's very special post to you. How lovely to wake up to that message. I would be cutting and pasting his message (if i knew how) all over every piece of social media I was on !!!! (which I'm not). I'm sending you a massive WOOT! WOOT! sister!!

Some one posted that KPO is the new Johnny Depp. JD is my favourite actor and kind of unique...I still see KPo doing the kind of roles that Bradley Cooper is doing in movies. But you know I'm still kind of new to the dangerous arts of Mr Polaha and I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. The guy could probably do anything

Cee Cee as the americans say, you bring it!! every single time . Kpo rocking the leather jacket look. AMAZING!

BTW, is it me, or does anyone else think there is a person who is kind of having a go ??? in not a nice way, on Kris's Fan FB page...???

Last edited by pictures of you; 04-09-2011 at 04:13 AM
Old 04-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

I've finally seen all the episodes of LUX. I have to be honest that LUX was a show I've never heard of before until KP was cast on Ringer. I don't know if it was a lack of promotion or something else.

But like I said KP casting in Ringer made me curious about him that I watched the LUX pilot a few weeks ago and I liked it enough that I started posting here. I though the pilot was great and it had so much promise, but imo it failed to deliver in S2. I liked the first season, but I really had problem finishing the second. It felt different in tone. I don't know what the fans thought of it and if my opinion is popular or not.

But on a more positive note: KP was very charismatic, even when he did things you disapproved of, he made you feel for his character. I can't wait to see what he will do with his new role.

Last edited by Lilla; 04-09-2011 at 05:38 AM
Lilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Everyone is entitled to an opinion Lilla and yours is not unwelcomed in anyway. Its good to get others insight on LUX on likes / dislikes. Me personally, I loved both seasons. Certain episodes for me were better than others but as a whole, I found it all great. The fact that Kris caught your attention enough for you to watch is wonderful, and as for what Henry can bring to the table, well I cant wait

So, after snooping through the 'Ringer and Redemption' link that has been added on a previous post it seems the show has a twitter and a FB page, well a fansite anyway... have liked for now, im too nosey not too Try Ringer_TV in the search engine on facebook or go through the link, thats what I done

Right off to enjoy the sunshine with a BBQ and a few cheeky cold beers so enjoy the rest of your weekend folks x
Old 04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla (View Post)
I've finally seen all the episodes of LUX. I have to be honest that LUX was a show I've never heard of before until KP was cast on Ringer. I don't know if it was a lack of promotion or something else.

But like I said KP casting in Ringer made me curious about him that I watched the LUX pilot a few weeks ago and I liked it enough that I started posting here. I though the pilot was great and it had so much promise, but imo it failed to deliver in S2. I liked the first season, but I really had problem finishing the second. It felt different in tone. I don't know what the fans thought of it and if my opinion is popular or not.

But on a more positive note: KP was very charismatic, even when he did things you disapproved of, he made you feel for his character. I can't wait to see what he will do with his new role.
Hi Lilla, from what I heard, I think The CW network wanted some changes to the storyline and then axed 9 additional episodes so we never got to see the full story and that's why the tone in season 2 is different. It's all very sad that we perhaps didn't see what the author intended.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Well since I was posting on the LUX board for the first season and became a moderator by the second, I can honestly say that your thoughts are the same as fans that watched live, including me. Truth is, the CW asked for a lot of changes in order for there to be a season 2. They wanted to expand the cast which led to less family time - this was the most painful IMO. And, unfortunately, Baze fell into the background and I started to dislike Lux as a character in the second season. She frustrated me to no end and while Baze was working hard to be a great dad for Lux his behavior was so out of character! In camp grounded Lux was being teased and she felt left out but Baze was too busy with Emma! Urg! I don't hate them and Baze is still my favorite character, but I was not very happy with season 2. It did get better during the latter half of the season, though.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Well since I was posting on the LUX board for the first season and became a moderator by the second, I can honestly say that your thoughts are the same as fans that watched live, including me. Truth is, the CW asked for a lot of changes in order for there to be a season 2. They wanted to expand the cast which led to less family time - this was the most painful IMO. And, unfortunately, Baze fell into the background and I started to dislike Lux as a character in the second season. She frustrated me to no end and while Baze was working hard to be a great dad for Lux his behavior was so out of character! In camp grounded Lux was being teased and she felt left out but Baze was too busy with Emma! Urg! I don't hate them and Baze is still my favorite character, but I was not very happy with season 2. It did get better during the latter half of the season, though.

These were some of my issues too. It also felt more soapish. Based on the pilot I thought it would be more about Baze, Lux, Cate trying to build trust and a family. And I don't mean that Cate/Blaze should have been together cause I didn't ship them (wasn't against it though). I was hoping for a great friendship as parents. Them getting together felt "unearned"

Lilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cristal you explain it all so well, especially for us who are overseas.

The Cate and Baze storyline and how it fell away ....and the lack of Cate/Baze/Lux just them as a family scenes, in season 2...it was so disappointing, but I cling to those moments we did get in season 2...the rest I made up in my head
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top