Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Kelly Monaco Appreciation #1 - B/C she won Dancing With the Stars

Banner by Ellie.

Welcome to the Kelly Marie Monaco Appreciation Thread.

Biography:

Kelly Monaco is the third of five sisters raised in a traditional Italian Catholic home.

Shortly before her teenage years, Kelly's family decided to move from the urban environment of Philadelphia to the more serene surroundings of Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains.

Growing up in the Poconos, Kelly developed a love of the great outdoors. With a home on the boundary of a state game preserve, Kelly and her four sisters spent plenty of time hiking, climbing trees, fishing, camping and swimming. They were taught to skate by their mother, a former Olympic hopeful and figure-skating instructor. They helped their father, an avid hunter, build tree stands.

An active athlete, Kelly participated in soccer, swimming, track, and softball, among other sports.

In addition to athletics, Kelly participated intensely in speech, debate, and theater during high school. Kelly proudly states that she is a born competitor.

Kelly attended classes at Northampton Community College. Kelly worked at a resort, Mount Airy Lodge, as a lifeguard.

Kelly's way out of the Poconos turned out to be a spread in Playboy magazine, a decision that her family was extremely supportive of. Shortly before her 21st birthday, Kelly made her Playboy debut as the magazine's Miss April 1997, and she went on to be featured in many of their news stand specials.

With four years of high school drama classes and five years of lifeguarding behind her, Kelly's television debut came in 1997, when she landed the recurring role of Susan, a rookie lifeguard, on the syndicated program Baywatch. After 12 episodes of Baywatch, Kelly appeared in the feature films, BASEketball, Idle Hands, Late Last Night, Mumford, and Welcome to Hollywood.

During the summer of 2000, Kelly got the character of Livvie Locke on ABC's Port Charles.

Kelly is very close with her family. She enjoyed an especially close relationship with her great-grandmother, Beatrice Mervine On Wednesday July 7th, 2004, Kelly's beloved great-grandmother passed away, three days before her 95th birthday. Kelly adored her great-grandmother and spoke lovingly of her in several interviews throughout her career. Her great-grandmother is even quoted in the article accompanying Kelly's Playmate Of The Month pictorial in the April 1997 issue of Playboy.

When Port Charles aired its final episode on October 3rd, 2003, Kelly had already secured a role on ABC's General Hospital, where she has portrayed Samantha McCall since October 1st, 2003. That's right: Kelly began airing on GH two days before PC's last story arc, The Gift came to an end!

Kelly was invited to take part in the 6th annual Super Soap Weekend at the Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida the weekend of November 3rd & 4th, 2001. One reason Kelly was happy to attend was that several of her family members, including her parents, one of her sisters, and her nephew, joined her at the theme park.

Kelly enjoys volunteering for children's charity events, as well as working with elders. She is a little lady with a very big heart.

Kelly spends her free time training for triathlons, and she is a member of the Playboy X-Treme Team, which participates in the nationwide Hi-Tec Adventure Race series.

Just as she did when she lived in the Poconos, Kelly still takes time out to go camping.

Currently residing in West Hollywood, California, the beautiful and talented Kelly Monaco continues to live out her lifelong dream to succeed in the land of make believe.

Bio by tv.com

Trivia:

Kelly was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in 2006.

Kelly co-hosted the 2006 Daytime Emmys with Tom Bergeron who hosted Dancing with the Stars, which Kelly and her dancing partner Alec won the first season of.

Kelly wanted to be famous from a young age.

Kelly's favorite color is green.

Kelly has a pet dog called Morgan.

"If we go down we're going down strong, The eye of the tiger, baby," says Kelly during "Dancing With the Stars" regarding her and her partner Alec.

Kelly became a vegetarian at age 11 after being hospitalized for a week with food poisoning.

Kelly appeared in the music videos for Change by the Deftones and Crazy For This Girl by Evan and Jaron. Kelly also appeared in the music video for boy band Take 5's Shake It Off.

Kelly suffered hearing loss from scuba diving.

Kelly was born on May 23, 1976.

Kelly Is one of the few actresses to play dual roles on two separate soap operas. She played Livvie Locke and Tess Ramsay on Port Charles and Samantha McCall and Alicia Montenegro on General Hospital.

Trivia by IMDB and TV.com

Filmography:

General Hospital - Samantha 'Sam' McCall (2003 - )
Spin City - Nurse (1 episode, 2001)
A Shot in the Dark: Part 1 (2001) - Nurse
Port Charles - Olivia 'Livvie' Locke (1999-2003) / Tess Ramsay (2002-2003)
Mumford (1999) - Marisa, the Landlady's Daughter
Late Last Night (1999) - Centerfold Elaina
Idle Hands (1999) - Tiffany
BASEketball (1998) (uncredited) - Pole-Dancing Cheerleader Sharon
Baywatch (1989) - Rookie Lifeguard Susan

Quotes:

"I've always wanted to be a star. Growing up, I wanted to be an actress."

"I'm living my dream, and I want to take it for everything that I can, while I can."

"I live to work; I don't work to live."

"I think everything in life happens for a reason. Every person that you come in contact with is all there for a reason."

"The best part of my job is getting up every morning and loving what I do. Most of the time, I can't wait to get there."

"Success comes with bold and creative moves."

"The straight paved road won't always get you farther than the winding dirt road."

Quotes from Kelly-Monaco.net

Icons:

by Ashley (numbly_breaking) on LJ.

by Little Apple.

Fans:

1. qtdramachickee72
2. California_ here_ I _come
3. BrucasForever<3
4. Erin
5. CrunkPunk88
6. mushu603
7. Jay
8. Leyton_Rox
9. -Bianca-
10. Little Apple
11. GuyanaBelle
12. lukelor4life
13. DanielAlan
14. Lexipedia
15. baelfire24

Ask to be added.

Last edited by your creation; 03-23-2013 at 03:34 PM
forever young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Aww! Add me, duh! hehe.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

awesome thread Cass..add me.

-Sarah-
Old 12-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

I added you both. And welcome to the thread.

Thanks Sarah!

I love Kelly. She's such an amazing actress and an amazing person.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Total Fan

Definately add me!

And I must say, she was awesome today on GH. Rocking those "freaked out" scenes after seeing Manny's twin. She was on her game today. Loved it. And her outfit was cute, always a plus. Hee.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin (View Post)
Definately add me!

And I must say, she was awesome today on GH. Rocking those "freaked out" scenes after seeing Manny's twin. She was on her game today. Loved it. And her outfit was cute, always a plus. Hee.
I added you.

I totally agree! She was right on it today. She showed great emotion. Tehe.. and I loved her outfit too. She always wears cute clothes.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

she is awsome. we need more kelly on gh.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucasForever<3 (View Post)
she is awsome. we need more kelly on gh.
Totally. I agree.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

I love that picture of her. Her expression.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Total Fan

Who is in your avi qtdramachickee72 ?
Old 12-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin (View Post)
Who is in your avi qtdramachickee72 ?
Lulu and Dillon of GH.

I love your avie! I'm Cass.. btw.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Love the thread, Cass. Add me please.
CrunkPunk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can I please be added. I love that woman.

icon by cherry_leaf at LJ
mushu603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:30 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Add me.

I didn't know Kelly has a pet dog named Morgan. What a conicidence.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

You've all been added.

Thank you, Lisa!

Jay, I thought so too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top