Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LaraCroft01

abby Thanks, but I didn't come up with the title!

You are going to be so broke for this girl? I can't imagine why!

Great idea, I'll add the link! When you create a shorter link let me know and I'll change the URL!
Lara - You know why I'm gonna be so broke because of this girl. Magazines! Do you have Glamour already? You're from US right so you're getting it on 7th? I still have to wait for a week. I'll post the shorter URL for the board request.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

I thought it was cause of the number of times you are going to see the

She's on the cover of Glamour? Thanks for the info! I'm in Canada at the moment, but we should be getting it about the same time as the Americans do!

Let me know what the shorter URL is when you can so that I can put it in the opening post!
Old 06-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

I really love the parada photo! her dress and make-up is really smiple but she looks stunning! She's a natural cutie.

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Which picture Sindaanca you mean the one on the previous page?

Some pics for this page

Last edited by LaraCroft01; 06-27-2004 at 05:13 PM
Old 06-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Total Fan

I jut watched the Jay Leno interview! Keira's so nice and funny, it's crazy! I love the part where she talks about her flat!

Great fanart WBgal126!

Thanks for the beautiful Keira pics LaraCroft01! I love the Johnny quote on the second one!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Lara - Great pics. I love the first one. And the number of times I'm going to see KA. 2 more weeks. Ok, going to post the url here if I'm done.

TV Round up for Keira:

US - E! News Live; Access Hollywood; Entertainment Tonight; MTV TRL (Tuesday - David Letterman). Premiere arrivals at 18.30ET/15.30PT at the Ziegfeld Theater, New York.

Tery - Isn't she charming? Love the part when she talked about Ewan and the warrior smurf.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by abby-anne
Tery - Isn't she charming? Love the part when she talked about Ewan and the warrior smurf.
Ah, yes, the Ewan bit! She described that accident so well I could imagine it in my head! And didn't you just love the gesturing when she was telling how she fell?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

I saw her on TRL today, she was so cute. I love her accent.

Jamie, those arts are so pretty.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 06-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I saw her on TRL as well. She was amazing...she seemed very prepared for the questions thrown at her. She answered the questions very diplomatically. He accent is adorable, as well and her personality. She seemed really outgoing and the nicest person you'll ever meet.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

Cool. Waiting for her TRL appearance her on MTV Asia.

Tery - I know. It was so vivid. I love the warrior smurf part.

Has anyone seen E! News Live? I'm downloading the clip. Anyway, she's on Time. This girl is everywhere.

Keira's Quest
She's on the road to being a star. But the comely Ms. Knightley just wants to be a good actress
By JOSH TYRANGIEL/LONDON

A good line of dialogue can make a career. At just 19, Keira Knightley owns one widely quoted multiplex moment. In last summer's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Knightley dismissed a black-toothed marauder with a metal pole and the trailer-ready line, "You like pain? Try wearing a corset." Now, if all goes according to plan, she will add a second epigram to her name. In King Arthur, which hits theaters nationwide on July 7, she plays Guinevere as a heavily muscled, lethal woman warrior. (Arthur, like Pirates, is a Jerry Bruckheimer production.) When one of the more sensitive knights of the Round Table confesses before battle to fearing the hairy, scary enemy, Knightley's Guinevere scoffs, "Don't worry, I won't let them rape you."

With a bit of tweaking, both lines could have been delivered by Arnold Schwarzenegger, which may explain why Knightley has so quickly ingratiated herself with moviegoers — and also why she doesn't consider it much of an achievement. Knightley, a native Londoner, has a refined look, brisk comic timing and a brawler's instinct for knowing when to shut up and throw a punch, but that doesn't mean she's ready to tackle Chekhov. "I don't think I can call myself an actress yet," she says. "I just don't think my skill level is that high. I hope that with every job it gets better. But until I'm good, I can say I'm trying to be an actor, but I don't think I've completely made it."

Knightley isn't being modest. She just doesn't believe in kidding herself. Of the acting challenge presented by King Arthur, she says, "I had to work out physically quite a bit, but pretty much it's scream a lot and enjoy being painted blue." (Her Guinevere wears so much blue war paint that she looks like the world's most ferocious Smurf.) Knightley is similarly dismissive of her breakthrough role in Bend It Like Beckham and her beatific cameo in Love Actually. Few actresses talk as frankly about the artistic limits of their work or as exuberantly about their physical imperfections. (Knightley likes to point out her acne for those who can't see it.) Few actresses also refuse to hire a personal assistant on the grounds that it would feel "absurd" to do so. Yet all this self-deprecation may explain why she's a burgeoning star. "She really does lack pretense," says Bruckheimer. "I'm a big believer that if you project somebody on a 100-foot screen, you look into their soul. Keira appreciates everything she gets, and she doesn't take herself seriously. Believe me, the audience sees that. Honesty and believability make movie stars. She's got both."

By sunnily questioning her talent and not approaching each role with a cyborgian ambition to be the next Julia Roberts, Knightley has separated herself a bit from the ever expanding galaxy of post-adolescent It girls (see box) — and staked a slightly more credible claim to actually being the next Julia Roberts. Knightley has Roberts' angular frame, avenue-wide smile and unforced sass, and she's grateful for what she calls the "insane and ridiculous luck I've had getting these big roles," but she does not possess the genetic code to be happy as a full-time romantic heroine — pirate thwacker. (To date, she is a holdout from the Pirates sequel.) What she would rather do is "keep learning, do strange things, keep pushing to get better."

That may elicit groans from the stadium seats, but it probably gets sustained applause in the Knightley household. Knightley portrays her parents — playwright Sharman Macdonald and stage actor Will Knightley — as the noblest and humblest of theater folks. One of her favorite stories about how they suffered for their art has to do with her conception: "I was a bet. My mum was desperate for another child, and my dad told her that the only way they could afford to have one was if she sold a play. So Mum wrote When I Was a Girl, I Used to Scream and Shout" — which had an eight-year run on London's West End — "and they got me."

From the Jul. 05, 2004 issue of TIME magazine
Old 06-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the article, damn Keira's a busy girl!

Missed Trl, due to the fact that i just got back into town ok so the list of mags to get imclude
Time
Glamour
and the uk Vogue

thats it right? I'm not missing anything am I?

btw i all the fanarts, they are brilliant
The reason there's so many problems with religion in the world is because people take literally what were symbolic elements. They all believe the same thing essentially and yet they're willing to die about the details.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

pics of keira at the king arthur premiere

Old 06-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Very nice pictures

Last edited by chazman; 08-02-2004 at 07:07 AM
Old 06-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Thank you chazman and nerble for the pics!

nerble where was the premiere?

Tery and abby You are welcome for the pics!

abby You'll see it at least a billion times in the theatre I take it?

Thanks for the info on when she'll be on TV! I can't see her on TRL though

Thanks for the article! It's really quite amazing that she doesn't relieze how gorgeous she is!

She's holding out for the Pirates sequel? I thought she wanted to do it...

g1nandjuic3 Thanks for letting us know what she was like on TRL!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Wooot. More Keira! Keira is all around.

She looks fantastic in the premiere but she's wearing lots of makeup. Still she looks great. Love her makeup in Letterman.

chaz - You rock! Thanks for the Letterman pics. So gorgeous.

nerble - Thanks for the pic. Lovely dress.

Lara - I bet you're just going to do the same. I still haven't seen TRL since we're delayed here (MTV Asia). I'll just d/l some of her interviews. I hope she's not holding out the Pirates sequel especially if Johnny and OB will be in the sequel. Also, there are tons of clips at Keria Web if you missed some of the interviews.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top