Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Keira Knightley #34: Because her performance in 'Anna Karenina' is spectacular!

Keira Christina Knightley was born in the South London suburb of Richmond on March 26th 1985. She is the daughter of actor Will Knightley and actress turned playwright Sharman Macdonald. An older brother, Caleb, was born in 1979. Brought up immersed in the acting profession from both sides - writing and performing - it is little wonder that the young Keira asked for her own agent at the age of three. She was granted one at the age of six and performed in her first TV role as Little Girl in Royal Celebration, aged seven. It was discovered at an early age that Keira had severe difficulties in reading and writing. She was not officially dyslexic as she never sat the formal tests required of the British Dyslexia Association. Instead she worked incredibly hard, encouraged by her family, until the problem had been overcome by her early teens.

Her first multi-scene performance came in A Village Affair, an adaptation of the lesbian love story by Joanna Trollope. This was followed by small parts in British crime series The Bill, an exiled German princess in Treasure Seekers and a much more substantial role as the young Judith Dunbar in Giles Foster's adaptation of Rosamunde Pilcher's novel Coming Home, alongside 'Peter O' Toole' , Penelope Keith and Joanna Lumley. The first time Keira's name was mentioned around the world was when it was revealed (in a plot twist kept secret by director George Lucas) that she played Natalie Portman's decoy Padme to Portman's Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. It was several years before agreement was reached over which scenes featured Keira as the queen and which Natalie!

It was a chance encounter with producer Andy Harries at the London premiere of Bridget Jones's Diary which forced Keira to leave her studies and pursue acting full-time. The meeting lead to an audition for the role of Larisa Feodorovna Guishar - the classic heroine of Boris Pasternak' 's novel Doctor Zhivago, played famously in the David Lean movie by Julie Christie. This was to be a big-budget TV movie with a screenplay written by Andrew Davies. Keira won the part and the mini-series was filmed throughout the Spring of 2002 in Slovakia, co-starring Sam Neill and Hans Matheson as Yuri Zhivago. Keira rounded off 2002 with a few scenes in the first movie to be directed by Blackadder and Vicar of Dibley writer Richard Curtis. Called Love Actually, Keira was to play Juliet, a newlywed whose husband's Best Man is secretly besotted with her.

2005 started with the premiere of The Jacket at the Sundance Film Festival, with the US premiere in LA on February 28th. Much of the year was then spent in the CAribbean filming both sequels to Pirates Of The Caribbean. Keira's first major presenting role came in a late-night bed-in comedy clip show for Comic Relief with presenter Johnny Vaughan. In late July, promotions started for the September release of Pride & Prejudice, with British fans annoyed to learn that the US verion would end with a post-marriage kiss, but the European version would not. Nevertheless, when the movie opened in September on both sides of the Atlantic, Keira received her greatest praise thus far in her career, amid much talk of awards. It spent three weeks at No.1 in the UK box office. Domino opened well in October, overshadowed by the death of Domino Harvey earlier in the year. Keira received Variety's Personality Of The Year Award in November, topped the following month by her first Golden Globe nomination, for Pride & Prejudice. KeiraWeb.com exclusively announced that Keira would play Helene Joncour in an adaptation of Alessandro Baricco's novella Silk.

Pride & Prejudice garnered six BAFTA nominations for Pride & Prejudice in 2006, but not Best Actress for Keira, a fact which paled soon after by the announcement she had received her first Academy Award nomination, the third youngest Best Actress Oscar hopeful. A controversial nude Vanity Fair cover of Keira and Scarlett Johanssen kept the press busy up till the Oscars, with Reese Witherspoon taking home the gold man in the Best Actress category, although Keira's Vera Wang dress got more media attention. Keira spent early summer in Europe filming Silk opposite Michael Pitt, and the rest of the summer in the UK filming Atonement, in which she plays Cecilia Tallis, and promoting the new Pirates movie (her Ellen Degeneres interview becomes one of the year's Top 10 'viral downloads'). Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest breaks many box office records when it opens worldwide in July, becoming the third biggest movie ever by early September.

Into 2008 and Keira finally gets noticed by BAFTA, with a Best Actress nomination, although the Academy overlook her this time. She also gets a nom by the British Film Awards, Satellites, IFTAs, London Critics and Empire Awards. Atonement dominates many of the cast, crew and cosmetic categories at award announcements around the world. The film goes on to win the Best British Film BAFTA, while Keira wins Best Actress at the Elle Style Awards and Empires. The Edge Of Love opens well in June, bolstered by the rarity of two major female British leads.

Full Keira Biography

"I know for a fact the work is going to dry up, and people will get bored of me. That's not bitterness, just the truth."

"In this business, fame lasts for a second. You can be blown up and be blown down. People keep losing interest in faces because new ones come along every single second. I'm one at the moment. Tomorrow I won't be. That's cool. I'm not saying that when it does end, I'll be like, 'Yay! It's ending.' But I'll move on and do something else because that's what has to be done. It's about survival. If you're sad about it, then you're in the wrong job."

"Nudity frightens me, but I will do it when I think it's necessary - or when it makes me giggle."

"I don't read any magazines or newspapers any more, because I find it really scary and I get really scared when I'm followed by photographers. I have, on many occasions, broken down in tears because I find it terrifying. I dropped out of school when I was 16 so there's nothing else that I can do."

"I don't have a problem with my body. I'm not just going to strip off all my clothing, but if the part calls for it and I don't think there's any way round, I'm absolutely fine."

"I don't think I can call myself an actress yet. I just don't think my skill level is that high. I hope that with every job it gets better. But until I'm good, I can say I'm trying to be an actor, but I don't think I've completely made it."

Keira Sites

KeiraKnightley.com Keira Forever Keira Knightley Wavefront Keira Knightley.org Walking in Daydreams

KEIRA LJ COMMUNITIES

_____keiraholics keira daily keira_icons keira knightley fans keira zone

KEIRA FANATICS

01. Switch
02. LaraCroft01
03. BehrlyHuman
04. LiL_Starzz
05. WinterPolaris
06. reza
07. *Sarahrooie*
08. D's Girl
09. Tari Isilra
10. JavaJunkie01
11. ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~
12. ~Clumsy_Lover~
13. youdodoodletoo
14. ~*Jade*~
15. ~AIR~
16. Floegirl
17. amore85
18. ??
19. truelovepj
20. zales00
21. MARIAROCKS000
22. Josh'sTexasGal
23. cablenathan
24. In Fair Verona
25. RoswellQueen
26. Ice Queen follower
27. Luthien Ancalimë
28. Tery
29. *GiRl WiTh No NaMe*
30. Mynois16
31. Kat B
32. Orli'sALF
33. WBgal126
34. + - ReD - +
35. abby-anne
36. ashleyboreanaz
37. *Rach*
38. Colin James
39. AfterDark
40. supergirlhero
41. _Annie_
42. BreathofJasmine
43. ComeAwayWithMe
44. ~OneTreeHill~
45. Angela12
46. *CinCin*
47. randomalien13
48. Niffler
49. -Louise-
50. **ellie**
51. JessicaMcCartney
52. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
53. hege_k_t
54. Moonlight~Pixie
55. MartyRoryFan
56. ladyle
57. -Abigail-
58. sweet_lynn
59. DreamWalker
60. Butterflygirl
61. paigepp-charmed
62. addicted2theOC
63. Love_Shane_West
64. Honey-Girl
65. xburningbrightx
66. MarstersAngel
67. Anique
68. Silver`eYe
69. Cela
70. Pottyaboutharry
71. DeadMenTales
72. bbcountry
73. M.I.S.S.Y
74. electricpeppers
75. sherylle
76. Ryan-Marissa<3
77. HarryPotterHermioneFan
78. mhjl_10
79. earthling
80. LPisKiller90
81. Jsebold87
82. Kenjigirl
83. Sark and Draco Lover
84. diavoletta89
85. liltashaq
86. ashleyt
87. DiagonalZipper
88. cannonfloat
89. Insanitic
90. *Lucy_In_The_Sky*
91. R2Roswell
92. StubbornWhite
93. Only Hope
94. mariem201
95. SergeantPepper
96. PirateWizard
97. CaughtInTheMoment
98. Brittmyster
99. crunchydictator
100. Ghost.Of.You
101. - Tina -
102. meatwood
103. andiemurphy
104. rtms
105. KK-cooer
106. is_love
107. Amy Lee__
108. xXxCaycexXx
109. krizzteh
110. simplyinfatuated
111. milleca
112. Nymph Marty
113. Ruby_Slippers
114. Nadja_S
115. xslayagex
116. misst89
117. Leneoth
118. Tru Davies
119. Ms_Melika
120. Amy_UK
121. cinnamoncookie
122. michelle ling
123. How-very-girl629
124. How Cute Is She
125. sepideh_T
126. freak_girl91
127. Ninja Elizabeth
128. luiza
129. xiggy89x
130. sweetdaisy
131. alexis bledel the best
132. BrighterSuNShine
133. *Fatima*
134. tsforever
135. Hotson
136. evielost
137. FrenchGirl90210
138. Hugo
139. AshleyInWonderland
140. taleasoldastime
141. F3v3r
142. Endlessly
143. XXXEmmaXXX
144. BeautifulN
145. dream once more
146. effie
147. Arawen
148. lisztomania
149. baelfire24

Past Thread Titles
~Keira Knightley #7 - She defies the Boundaries of Elegance.
~Keira Knightley #8 - "I'm the Kick-Ass Guinevere! I'm a Warrior Smurf!"
~Keira Knightley #9: You're every man's fantasy(and woman too)!
~Keira Knightley # 10: "Beauty without Grace is the Fish Without Bait" (R.W. Emerson)
~Keira Knightley #11 - Because she's an Academy Award Nominee for Best Actress!
~Keira Knightley #12- Because she gets to kiss sexy pirates!
~Keira Knightley #13- Because she's an ass-kicking, Guiness-drinking woman!
~Keira Knightley #14- Oscar Nominee & She's Got Style!
~Keira Knightley #15- Because she's taken us through time
~Keira Knightley #16- Because we don't need Atonement for being her fans
~Keira Knightley #17- Because she's got the body of a babe and the mouth of a sailor!
~Keira Knightley #18- Oscar nod or not, she gets our vote!
~Keira Knightley #19 - Because She Has Us On "The Edge of Love"!
~Keira Knightley #20- Make way, the Duchess is here!
~Keira Knightley #21 - We'd Go "At World's End" and Beyond for Her!
~Keira Knightley #22- Because she was a ballsy school girl!
~Keira Knightley #23- She's been a Swann and is now a Duchess!
~Keira Knightley #24- Who else would be lucky enough to kiss Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp & Jack Davenport?
~Keira Knightley #25- The most fearless actress in Hollywood! Except for cows!
~Keira Knightley #26- Because Keira makes a good bunny!
~Keira Knightley #27 - We Can't Wait to Take a Walk on "London Boulevard" with Her!
~Keira Knightley #28- From CoCo to Jackie... She's not done yet!
~Keira Knightley #29 - "Keira’s just an old soul." ~ Eva Mendes.
~Keira Knightley #32 - b/c she' 'incredibly privileged' to be able to pick and choose when she works

Credits:
Bio: Taken from Keiraweb.com
Art by: ChrisM.

Last edited by your creation; 01-30-2013 at 06:32 AM
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new one!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Adorable
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Tftnt love title. Can't wait to see the movie!!

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 11-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

this is cute too

but one just has to wonder...? What are they doing with four pillows and four life preservers? James, Keira, Will, Shar...?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Decorating in a nautical theme? No idea!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Spending time on a yacht.. and wanting it to be very comfortable?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So many answers
Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

of the pics in that series... they just look so uncomfortable and awkward as they carry all those pillows and life preservers through town
Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well you would
Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So hot!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Such a lovely scene
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top