Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Ooh, great scans, Sacha. Love the thrid one. He looks so carefree.

Okay, I read on an LJ about a media stating that Jude Law doesn't have the talent as a movie opener. It said that he tends to choose a 'wrong' move and picking on 'flopped' movies.

Well, I think it's the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. I could remember Jude's movies because in each one of them he plays different role, unique roles that you will always remember because he was playing it. The variety of it is also amazing. He's been a weird, freaky hitman who photographs his victim. He's been a gigolo. He's been a gay. He's been a crippled, fragile man. He's been a womanizer. He's been a pilot. He's been a soldier. So many of them.

While some of those movies did not gross millions and millions on the opening week, but they have given him a chance to improve his acting skill thus marking him as more than just a pretty face. Sometimes people only assume just because he's so good looking, he couldn't act.

In my opinion, he's even better than some of Hollywood A List actors because he takes chances of picking roles that he might have known to not be a grosser but to solely improve his acting skill. And I admire that trait in actors/actresses.

Phew. Enough rambling, here.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Deeta, you said everything very well. That comment bugs me too, because I just read something on Jude in which the person wrote that Jude won "Sexiest Man Alive" despite his past few movies being flops. Personally, I never go with what movie critics say. And just because Judes movies were not huge hits at the box office, doesn't mean that he's not a good actor. If you ask anyone who has seen a variety of his work, they would easily say that Jude is exceptional at doing his job, which is acting. He's entertaining, captivating and absolutely brilliant on screen. To top it all off, he's a genuinely sweet guy in person as well. And the whole good looking thing? It's just a bonus. Jude Law completely deserves recognition for his work. Anyone who wants to argue with that simply has no taste.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I actually went to Yahoo Movies and checked on Jude's movies. Some of them does NOT rated by critics, but only by viewers. And here's the data:

~ I Huckabees. Critics: B-. Users: B-.
~ Alfie. Critics: B-. Users: C+
~ Sky Captain. Critics: B. Users: B-
~ Cold Mountain. Critics: B+. Users: B
~ Final Cut. Users: B+
~ Road To Perdition. Critics: A-. Users: B+
~ AI. Critics: C+. Users: B-
~ Enemy at The Gates. Critics: (none, but the reviews aren't complimenting). Users: B+
~ Wisdom of Crocodiles. Critics: (again, none but the reviews are not great). Users: B+
~ Love, Honor, and Obey. Users: B+
~ Telented Mr Ripley. Critics: (none, but the reviews ARE complimenting)
~ eXistenZ. Users: B
~ Immortality. Users: B
~ Wilde. Users: A-
~ Bent. Users: B+
~ Gattace. Users: B+
~ Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil. Users: B-
~ I Love You, I Love You not. Users: B+
~ Shopping. Users: C
~ The Tailor of Gloucester. Users: B

Not too bad. Especially Jude isn't the leading role on some of these movies. So he can't really be blamed on the flop.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw Jude in a movie today, the movie was called, "The music from the other room." or something close like that.
icon: xthebesthing
Old 11-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

Yes, OMG he's sexiest man alive, that's AWESOME! He's so deserving. He is sexy - but no just for his good looks, but for his charisma and his acting, and charm. Yayyy.

I couldn't agree more - Jude is memorable because he picks versatile, different, interesting roles that he plays with complete ease and verve, and every time he's captivating and convincing and yet is in a completely different character than before. Plus, he's stylish and energetic and really is one of the best male actors of our time.

I Music From Another Room.

Snagged some avs!
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 11-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Music from another room is my favourite! It's what got this whole crazy Jude loving started for me

He was so cute in it

from Oscarwatch
Old 11-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Sacha~ Thanks for that picture, I can't wait to see Closer, sounds like an interesting movie!

I haven't seen Music from Another Room, must watch that also!
Old 11-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

What a cool picture!!

BTW, I found out from www.natalieportman.com that Closer pics from the premiere last night in L.A. are up. Jude and Natalie look adorable, and Jude looks amazing.

Everyone's in for a treat - Closer is an amazing screenplay.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Jude is up for Best Actor? I saw a program on E! the other day and looks like Closer is also recommended for Best Picture so well, maybe Jude will get a nomination as well since Julia Roberts is favored for Best Actress.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

OMG, if either Jude or Closer win an Oscar, I will scream.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Time to start a new thread Jude lovers.

http://www.fanforum.com/f25/jude-law...n-alive-29187/
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top