Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Jude Law Appreciation thread #1

Mini Bio:
Jude Law was born December 29, 1972 in south east London. He started acting with the National Youth Music Theatre at the age of 12, and at 17 he dropped out of school completely, to star in a Granada daytime TV Soap called "Families" (1990). In 1992, Jude began his stage career. He starred in many plays throughout London, and was nominated for the Olivier Award of "Outstanding Newcomer." After doing the play "Indiscretions" in London, he moved and did it again on Broadway. This time, he was alongside Kathleen Turner. He then received a Tony Nomination for "Outstanding Supporting Actor." He was then rewarded the Theatre World Award. After Broadway, Jude started on the big screen, in many independent films. His first big named movie was Gattaca (1997), with Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. He also had a good role in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997). Jude's latest rise to fame has been because of Talented Mr. Ripley, The (1999), in which he plays Matt Damon's obsession. The film did very well at the box office, and critics loved the acting of Jude. He is also a partner in the production company Natural Nylon. His partners include 'Johnny Lee Miller' , Ewan McGregor, and his wife Sadie Frost. With his production company producing, and Jude acting, his career seems to be on the rise.

Personal quotes

"My only obligation is to keep myself and other people guessing."

"I would never know how to sell myself as a sex symbol. That's not how I'm programmed."

"[...] you go to the National with your parents and think: 'I'd love to be here.' And then suddenly you are. It's a dream come true."

"I've always thought Prince Charming in Cinderella was the most boring role; I'd rather be the Wicked Witch."

"I honestly have no interest in celebrity whatsoever. If anything, I always cringe at it because it takes away from what I am, which is an actor who wants to be better and do better things."

"I don't want to do anything that I'm not passionate about."

Old 02-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Just found this article at people.com

Jude Law has told his wife Sadie Frost that their five-year-old marriage is over, according to friends. The couple are to start a 'low-key' separation in the next few weeks, and pals in the Jude camp claim that it is not his friendship with Nicole Kidman that has caused the split but Sadie Frost's domineering and bossy behaviour - plus her problem with jealousy. But last night, Sadie, who has three children with Jude (the youngest being four months old) denied everything saying she 'felt fantastic' at the moment, and that 'there are no marriage problems' (despite her father telling journalists yesterday that his son-in-law was 'self-centred' and he would not be surprised if he had had an affair). In a statement made by Law yesterday, the actor said threateningly: 'There is absolutely no third party involved in our marriage. To suggest otherwise in malicious, hurtful and libelous.' No comment.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

uh... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] wasn't there already a jude law thread? i know i started the first one when enemy at the gates came out because i used that as a title.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

I think it died, or was lost in the crash. I did a search yesterday and came up with nothing.

I made a wallpaper last month, will post it later.

I hope he's nominated at the FFMAs for Best Supporting Actor for "Road to Perdition." [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

hint hint
Old 02-05-2003, 04:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

The man is beautiful! I saw him on Carrie Fisher's show and even with all the facial hair he was just as charming. He made the gruff look work for him.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Love this guy, love him. There was a thread for him, but it died. His marriage to Sadie is over? woah, I thought they were very happy.

He looks great in those pics. Thanks for starting a thread for Jude!
Old 02-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

hey:
I simply love jude
is his marriage over?
Old 02-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Here's the J.Law (bwahahahaha) wallpaper I promised. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hope y'all like it.

clickmysigclickmysigclickmysig
Old 02-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Oh wow! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Thanks for that wallpaper Xan! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] He looks great.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I've def. heard different things about there marriage. i heard that they were still together despite recent events. but i also heard that they were getting seperated. time will only tell.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh man, I loooove Jude so much! I'm glad a thread for him has been restarted. I can't believe his marriage might be breaking up, I thought Jude was absolutely crazy about Sadie. Oh well. What do you guys think he'll do about the tattoo?
Old 02-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm that will be interesting, how big is it? Never a good idea to tattoo your lover's name on yourself.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:02 PM
New Fan

Jude Law [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] To me, he's absolutely perfection!

Hopefully the drama between him and Sadie was overblown by the media.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ah! I love Jude Law. Such a wonderful and talented actor. I hope his marriage will pull through too.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I was gonna come earlier, but I think I forgot. Heh. I was watching Gattaca the other day, and I just completely fell in love with Jude (and Ethan Hawke, of course). Yeah. I hope everything works out between him and Sadie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I love all the pics and wallpaper on here. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

~ Floreta
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top