Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

The shorter hair grew on me this season.

I feel like Ethan daddy issues were settled pretty fast after waiting so much to meet his father. They could have worked more on establishing the paternal bond between him and Malcolm, too, considering the ending. I mean, they often talked about Ethan/Vanessa/Malcolm(/Victor) as a family, but I didn't feel like they focused on Malcolm/Ethan much, on their own.
I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around the fact that protecting Vanessa and keeping her away from Lucifer and Dracula's game meant killing her, as well.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ I can totally understand that too but seeing as the show was coming to an end, I guess they wanted to close all chapters.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can understand that if they didn't know there would be no Season 4 while they were still filming/writing Season 3, but that was a poor way to handle the episodes prior to the finale if they knew from the start. They spent time on plotlines and characters that mattered little in the end - why not focus on the core storylines and players, instead?
Old 06-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ exactly that is the big question, which till now hasn't been answered.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

And it will probably never be.

Doesn't John Logan have an overall deal with Showtime? I read that he will work on adapting Patti Smith's Just Kids book for the network. So even *if* the ending was a result of a late alert of of cancellation instead of what he had organically planned for the pacing of the series and its series' finale, he would never bite the hand that feeds him - so to speak - and say it was Showtime the reason his previous project was cut short, I think.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's right he has a contract with Showtime, so I believe he preferred to move forward with his next project
Old 06-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess too the thought is ending the show while it's on a high note right, and not ending it because maybe it gets cancelled but they can close it out you know?
Old 06-24-2016, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish the show had gone on for longer, that's true, but what really bothers me isn't that it ended after "only" three seasons, but how - the pacing of the finale felt very off to me, several characters didn't reach any true conclusion or it didn't resonate as earned, and the audience didn't even know they were watching the final episode of the show because TPTB only confirmed that it was the finale after it aired.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Fran but it was mentioned on another thread that maybe there is an alternate episode and it depended on whether it was renewed or not on which episode aired.

Don't know how much truth there is to that, but if there is an alternate episode, I would hope it would be on the DVD/blu-ray's when they are released for season 3.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope that too! And I wish some network saves the show
Old 06-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

I would love to see alternate episode..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd love that too

Old 06-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

But if the alleged alternate episode is awesome and sets up a wonderful Season 4, I'll be even more brokenhearted that it had to end now and this way - so watching it might not be a good idea for me.

If the show was in danger of cancellation, I wish they had admitted it. Fans would have understood that last minutes changes and abrupt endings were all they could do to wrap up the storylines, that they did their best given the circumstances. Otherwise this insisting on how everything was always meant to be done this way seems smug and patronising.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt they would told if there was an alternative cool season finale. Even worst for Showtime after the latest events
Old 06-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

The official PD Instagram made a post about a live Q&A with Chris King on Facebook the other day, asking for fans questions, but the whole thing disappeared after a few hours. Perhaps because most questions were mostly some version of "WTH was that ending?".
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top