Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

groovyk1, yup, I see a performance like Jon's in IT and I just think that the guy was born to act. He was so talented even at such a young age.

BJ, any mention of blue eyes reminds me of Jon. Thanks for postin' those lyrics.

I've really gotta get a copy of TCB. From the few pics I've seen from it, I think I'll rather enjoy watching him in that one.

Kaiser Soze, there wasn't much media coverage at all, so I'm not really surprised whenever I hear from someone who's just finding out all these months later. There are probably many more of his fans out there who still don't know, and one day they'll go and look him up online like you did and they'll get the shock of their lives.

I wonder if that article from the Danbury newspaper is still online anywhere. If it is perhaps we could add a link to the first post, because that's a really good article.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey guys!

Hi Kaiser Soze yeah Jo’s right… hardly anything covering what happened… and I tell friends of mine about it now, and they had no idea! Actually, out of my friends, the only reason they know is coz of me… minus the person who told me in the first place. Hope you’re ok

Methinks I’ll get IT via dvdpacific coz that pricing is just fab. I want to see it really badly considering what a joy it is to watch someone so young, be so talented. I’m glad I got NESII at least! Yeah, get it on dvd MS… save yourself the pain!

BJ, that sounds like such a pest! Bloody thing so turns out that 0 region thing mean the actual number of regions it would play on meanwhile, have I mentioned just how much I want to see Ladybugs already?!?! and his ‘look’ in TCB? Got any pics to illustrate?

I didn’t answer your question earlier Groovyk1, but I’ve only seen a couple of his movies so far so (Harts War? 2 secs onscreen does not count)… out of SideKicks, NESII and Born Free… I’d have to say Sidekicks. Performance wise, I liked Sidekicks and NESII equally (he was Mr. Gruff in BF, which I didn’t mind, but was a bit weird at times)… it’s the little things, I think. In SK, there is this one bit I tend to remember… where he’s trying to drink that stuff Mr. Lee gave him… tiny scene, but so well executed! In my op anyway. When his dad comes in, and he’s trying to fan the smell away? I love that
Then picking between NESII and SK… after watching the original NES, NESII is even lesser in my eyes, outside of Jon, whereas I do like the story behind SK so… well, there’s that complicated analysis done

And yes! Again expressing how much I loved Ben! ‘I’m just a cheeseburger in paradise!’

Jo, like you (and everyone else here I’m sure) he’s in my head a lot… so finding any little connection is really easy because the link is so ready to be made…particular ones being any references to blue eyes, dolphins, even ryan seaCRest!, my immortal, and sarah mchlachlan now coz of her two songs – Full of Grace and In the arms of Angels.. and speaking of which, I just saw how many WPs you had at JB.org Jo!! They’re beautiful and then I found that one with the lyrics to In the Arms of Angels and I was blown away. Absolutely lovely

Re: Brittany Murphy, do you reckon it was something to do with his death? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if, like you said, they were still friends. And are you better now? I’m a lot better than before, now, so all’s good. And just a side note for mini celebration, but I’m done with my last semester and have 2 weeks to study for my one exam so I’m graduating soon (hopefully)!

Oh, and which article are you talking about? It wouldn’t be on JB.org would it?

Finally the end to a long post. Had a couple pics to share, but FF wouldn’t let me ah well…

~ "Gas, gas, honk. Gas, gas, honk. Honk, honk, punch. Gas, gas, gas." ~
Old 06-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

ok, I've just been going through FF.net and I got the Lucas-centric fics up... the earliest one is from 1999 and back then, so many of them were about him committing suicide this scares me a little... i've been jumping over those ones now and sticking to the fics which sound less depressing...

ETA: anyone know what the ELF thing i keep seeing there is about??

Old 06-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Emjay: have to tell ya that I laugh at your sig line very time I read it Classic Chandler!
O region meaning O plays,haha,very true! and all's I need is an addy to mail ya copies of LB and TCB....to show ya what you're missing ......
here's Matthew/Martha

and here's Jason

by now you should be drooling

edited to add that the ELF Thingy is fics about lucas being evil--Evil Lucas Fic..I don't care for those,can't see Lucas as evil....so what did you find? any good ones???

Phee: Isn't it funny how just the mention of one word can instantly turn your mind over to Jonathan button bahahahhaha!!
Old 06-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ok, am PMing you now!

And yes! one of my favourite lines ever! Added to the face he pulled, pure gold

Those TCB pics you linked? damn right... i love that second one! one of those, wind in my hair kinda pics

so far, nothing fantastic I must say... and it's evil Lucas?? seems more like severely depressed Lucas to me if I come across anything good, I'll holler Hell, if someone shoots me some good ideas, I'll write one

Old 06-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Emjay: yeah,those pictures are nice! You'll being seeing it shortly
ok,dish! have you written some FF about Lucas?
I have but I haven't posted it yet its silly,funny and sexy
the ELF stuff is strange since Lucas was nothing like that in the show
Ben is fun to write about too,you can go places with him that are crazy!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Firstly, hey there Kaiser Soze. I'm sorry you had to find out so late. But know that we're here for you.

Bluejeep: I'm sorry to hear about the DVD. Just keep searching.

And I love Heart. *needs to track down Magic Man now* I thought "Alone" was another good one:

I hear the ticking of the clock
I'm lying here the room's pitch dark
I wonder where you are tonight
No answer on the telephone
And the night goes by so very slow
Oh I hope that it won't end though
Alone...

Phee: I will be sure to check out a Ben ep or two, when I have the time. Not to mention the space on my computer. I am considering burning the eps I currently have, so I can watch 'em on my DVD player.

I'll have to track that Corrs song too. I have over 100 songs on my Tributes playlist. I'll need quite a few CDs to burn them on. I swear, with all the songs we've listed on the JB.org forum, they are going to make up a lot of my music collection: "Yes, I have this album and that album and I also have the Jonathan Brandis Tribute series. It's 123 CDs long..."

And did someone say ELF? I never even heard the term before until a couple months or so ago. I admit it, I like them, though some I have trouble stomaching a few here or there. Just as long as I don't read one too many before I go to bed. I ended up having fuzzy, disturbing dreams afterwards once. I never remembered them, but I knew they were... evil ... and that was super eerie. But I enjoy reading them. Partially because it caters to my dark, morbid side and because I like the idea of going through hell yet coming out stronger, I guess. And because I can identify with a couple or more of the situations... not elaborating on that here.

It's like Ben once said (because we love quoting Ben ): "This is one of those "character builders," my friend. You hang on tight, you take the whipping, and you come out stronger on the other side."

It's just one of the things I have always lived by and when I came across that quote, I guess I adopted it as another one of my own. I try to keep it mind, when things seem too stormy.

And since this has got me thinking of strength, I leave you with a proud image of the one who gave me much of mine, especially in junior high and who still gives me strength now.

*Edit: If you know me, you know that the number 11 follows me around a lot. And lookie here, I made my 11th post on the 11th day... I still find this haunting sometimes.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

That was soo sad about Jonathan.. I know hes in a better place now.. im going to cry again now..
Old 06-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Passionate Fan

MS: Oh,man,Heart wrote some visual songs,huh? Alone was good too! But it's a reminder of that fateful night alone I listened to MagicMan yesterday on my album and I got goosebumps: when I hear *never seen eyes so blue*

awesome photo to resemble strength-Barry was a survivor!
Old 06-12-2004, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

cool pic. Thanks for posting it.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

BJ, mate you rock!

As to your other question? I have a bad habit of writing stuff and showing it to no more than 2 or 3 other people.. uhm, you can take that as a yes And you’re right… Ben is great fun to write.. Tony too

MS, which eps do you actually have? Those must’ve taken ages to get Meanwhile, I have yet to check that song list… I’ve not been to that forum much unfortunately… I think I’ll do something about that. And I love that quote from Ben… you’re right. Considering how hard and painful things can get, it’s great being able to see that some good can come out of it. I mean, you can either let something defeat you or you can defeat it, and the latter takes a lot.

Calisa, remember we’re here if you need anything

Meanwhile, I can now add another thing to my ‘reminds me of Jon’ list… flannelette shirts… I’m wearing one atm coz it’s cold and I just had to look down at my arm and goodness knows, he makes em look good, heheh.

So my tribute to the shirt:

didn’t think anyone would mind that the shirt can barely be seen in that one…

ETA: ok, is there a reason I just don't know about, why those don't show up as pics?

Old 06-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by emjay
MS, which eps do you actually have? Those must’ve taken ages to get
Let's see... I have:

- A Higher Power
- Abalon
- And Everything Nice
- Daggers Part 1
- Photon Bullet
- Siamese Dream
- The Stinger
- and Watergate

I had Weapons Of War, but I simply wanted to see it for Barry's teacher. I didn't like the epi too much and it barely brought back memories. I only remembered the final scene and that was it.

And yes, the majority of them took a long time. I got lucky with a couple though and managed to download them in only half a day, as opposed to a whole day or over the course of several days (in some cases weeks).

Very, very slowly trying to get the pilot eps and Knight Of Shadows. Want to get Daggers Part 2 as well. These are taking the longest. Then I am going to take a break from downloading any more for a while.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Emjay you are vey welcome! and why do those pics show up as links we used to be able to show pics

Hmmmm,flannel shirts,warm,cozy,snuggly-just like Jon

OO,baby,it came thru
Old 06-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

It depends what site you're trying to post the pic from. Some sites don't allow hotlinking, so if you try to post a pic it won't work. Your best bet is to have some webspace you can upload pics to yourself. There are some sites which are basically just pic hosting sites, like photobucket, and they'll allow you to hotlink and post the pic. There may be a thread on the Webmasters board that lists other sites that are good for pic hosting, but I haven't been to that board for a while, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

I've only ever read one real ELF (Evil Lucas Fan) fic, and it was kinda unsettling to read. It was a well written fic though, and by the time I realised it was gonna get ELFy I was sucked into the story and had to read the whole thing to see how it'd end.

MS, love that comment about your JB tribute collection. It's so true though, there are sooooo many songs that remind me of him. That Corrs song is on their brand new album, so if it's not online yet I'm guessing it won't be too long before it is.

Ah, another great Ben quote, which was followed by a great Lucas quote: "Cut the crap Krieg I'm not a kid. You don't have to do your morale officer stuff with me."

Love that pic of Barry you posted. Do you know if there are any good Sidekicks screencaps online anywhere? I looked around a while ago and didn't find much. If I had some good screencaps I'd be able to make a Sidekicks wp (or 5...knowing me once I get going).

CaLiSa I know, I sometimes just wanna burst into tears when I think of him too.

emjay, I love that little scene in Sidekicks! Love the look on his face when he gets a whiff of the evil smelling stuff.

Yeah, I've got a couple of wps on jb.org. I've lost track of how many I've made, but when the subject matter is so fun to look at, can you blame me for spending hours making JB wps? Glad you like that "Angel" wp. I spent forever trying to work out how to get all the lyrics on there, but I worked it out in the end.

Speaking of the neverending production line of wps...

800 x 600
1024 x 768

Re Brittany Murphy, I guess we'll never actually know if they were still close and if his death was the reason for her acting strange. Hell, the whole article may have just been an exaggeration (it was in Woman's Day or New Idea or something, and I certainly don't take anything those mags say as gospel ), but if they were still friends, I wouldn't blame her for acting strangely. It'd be a horrible thing to have to come to terms with. Whenever I think how sad I am about Jon being gone, I just imagine how many millions of times worse it's gotta be for people who actually knew him.

And yup I'm all better now. And congrats on your impending graduation!

Here's a link to that article I was talking about: Danbury News Times article

BJ, thanks for posting the gorgeous pic. I see a button on that shirt.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, cute pictures.

Sasha
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top