Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

*sad sigh* I didnt have a marathon either... I watched part of the UPN movie but it bothered me how much he looked like leonardo dicaprio with his hair all short spiked and frosted. So I didnt watch all of it. Then the friend I was going to get together with couldnt come this weekend so yeah... never happened. Oh well. I think Im buying a new dvd today so ill be sure and get a johnny one. probably sleepy hollow or B&J cuz those are my favorites that i dont have yet.

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 02-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Demoness:
Benny and Joon- This was a great movie and ya know what? It works for all ages. This movie turned my sister into a fan already. Sad thing is she's only 9. By the time she figures out how old he is and how far apart they are, she'll be older and so will he and im not quite sure what my point of babbling this is so ill move on.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]! Oh I'd hate to be your sister when she finds out how much older Johnny is. Then again, there's still quite a difference for me too, but... oh well, it's not about age. It's about admiring a very talented, very beautiful man. It's not about numbers.
(sure, that makes me feel a little better [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img].)

I did just love Johnny performance in sleepy hollow! I find Johnny gives some of his best performances when working with Tim Burton. Maybe Tim just always has some great roles for him, but even then, he still manages to "deppify" it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. That scene where Ichabod is all frightened is one of my favourite Johnny moments ever. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img] Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
Old 02-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by purple monkey dishwasher:

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]! Oh I'd hate to be your sister when she finds out how much older Johnny is. Then again, there's still quite a difference for me too, but... oh well, it's not about age. It's about admiring a very talented, very beautiful man. It's not about numbers.
yeah, that's exactly what I tell myself whenever I come across like a site with his age or his birthday or whatever on it and i read it and get all sad that hes 24 years older than me. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] but right. Age is just nuimber and its not about numbers. its about talent and beauty and things like that.

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 02-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I just finished watching Donnie Brasco, and I was actually surprised at how much I liked it since usually dont like crime/mafia movies. JD was really good and so was Al Pacino. They played off each other well I think. I wasn't expecting it to be so sad either! Definitely a must-see.

Squee! I finally got Vanity Fair today with JD in it. I wish there had been more than a page on him though [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 02-09-2004, 12:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey, Claire, totally agree that Johnny is best with Burton. Possibly because I love Burton's style, but he seems to give JD great opportunities to sort of do what he wants with amazing characters. I'm going to start counting down till Willy Wonka momentarily... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 02-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by purple monkey dishwasher:

I did just love Johnny performance in sleepy hollow! I find Johnny gives some of his best performances when working with Tim Burton. Maybe Tim just always has some great roles for him, but even then, he still manages to "deppify" it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. That scene where Ichabod is all frightened is one of my favourite Johnny moments ever. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img] Claire
I agree I don't care that he is like 24 years older than me, numbers don't count at all. Its about how talented his is, and how great of a person he is. Also the fact that he is so beautiful, I have the same opinion about Viggo too.

I have only seen half that movie, but I am planning on seeing the rest sometime soon. That is one of the next Johnny movies I am going to watch, in a few weeks I should be having a Johnny marathon

Quote:
Originally posted by DeppsDoll:
I just finished watching Donnie Brasco, and I was actually surprised at how much I liked it since usually dont like crime/mafia movies. JD was really good and so was Al Pacino. They played off each other well I think. I wasn't expecting it to be so sad either! Definitely a must-see.
I like movies like that, so when I get the time I shall see it. I just have so many Johnny movies to watch, so I don't know how to pick what ones to watch first. I have only seen two Johnny movie, POTC and CryBaby. I'm not counting Sleepy Hallow until I see the second half, but this Thursday I'm taping Benny & Joon

[ 02-09-2004: Message edited Enterprise_Girl ]
Old 02-09-2004, 01:46 PM
New Fan

Hey guys! I'm new to this thread, though I've been a die hard Johnny fan since 21 Jumpstreet. I was just wondering if we've had confirmation that Johnny is playing Willy Wonka in the remake and if so, when the release date is? I've only read rumors and unconfirmed things regarding the movie. (I'm sorry if this has already been covered.) Thanks.

"And if you got the Cuervo honey, I got the lime.
These are desperate, desperate times.
And if you got the shotgun honey, I got the crime.
These are desperate, desperate times."
Old 02-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 2005
The story begins when Willy Wonka, reclusive chocolate factory owner, announces a golden ticket contest. Five lucky people will be given a tour of his factory, and one will even win a lifetime supply of chocolate. Charlie, whose family is incredibly poor and can hardly afford to purchase a bar of chocolate, miraculously finds a golden ticket and is on his way to a full factory tour. But the four other children with him are not as virtuous as he, and begin to disappear as they disobey Wonka's instructions. Will Charlie make it through the factory tour unaltered?
Old 02-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's all that we have I think, and I am not sure if he is for sure. But I think he is
Old 02-09-2004, 02:18 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Enterprise_Girl:
That's all that we have I think, and I am not sure if he is for sure. But I think he is
Thanks so much! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You on for a bit... and did you see the info above that post?
Old 02-09-2004, 02:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Enterprise_Girl:
You on for a bit... and did you see the info above that post?
Yeah, I did see it thanks. I'm usually on all day while at work. One of the perks of a desk job.

Old 02-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I bring presents

[ 02-09-2004: Message edited Enterprise_Girl ]
Old 02-09-2004, 03:02 PM
New Fan

That's cool. It's only been recent that I've started actually posting on the boards. I was a major lurker.
I was looking on msn and under Johnny Depp's profile and filmography they have Willy Wonka listed. So, I guess it's pretty official. I was also looking for a trailer for Neverland, but I couldn't find one.

BTW, I meant to tell you that I LOVE your avatar!

Old 02-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah... I am just going to post some pics on here and then I have to go... And thanxs for the complain... my friend made it over at the Alias board
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top