Fan Forum Hero

i saw fever pitch with him in it and it was really cute hes hysterical
Old 06-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

yea i like that movie! him and drew were too cute
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Awww, they were a cute pairing in that movie.

I love Fallon.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

News

Quote:
Reports: Jimmy Fallon to Succeed Conan O'Brien
Former 'SNL' star set to take over 'Late Night' in '09
April 25, 2008

The second piece of NBC's late-night succession plan is falling into place.

Speculation has been swirling for a few months that former "Saturday Night Live" regular Jimmy Fallon would take over "Late Night" when Conan O'Brien moves to "The Tonight Show" next year. That looks to be pretty much a done deal now.

The showbiz trade papers report that Fallon, who's been a frequent guest on O'Brien's show and guest-hosted CBS' "Late Night with David Letterman" a few years back, will be announced as O'Brien's replacement at NBC's upfront event on Monday, May 12. O'Brien is expected to take over "The Tonight Show" in early 2009, which would in turn give Fallon time to develop his own show.

Fallon signed a holding deal with NBC last year, which fueled buzz that he was being groomed to take over "Late Night."

Still up in the air is Jay Leno's future at NBC. He has enjoyed a years-long run at the top of the late-night ratings, and NBC is reportedly looking for ways to keep him in the fold. FOX and ABC are also interested in securing Leno's services.

Since leaving "SNL" in 2004, Fallon has starred in "Fever Pitch" and "Taxi" and hosted the 2005 MTV Movie Awards.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

wow I had to really dig down for this thread!

I use to have a major crush on jimmy years back

I first saw him on SNL and thought he was hysterical. I never saw many episodes because it was only on cable here in australia and I didn't have it for long but that bit where he plays the college student on his webcam?

and then I saw him being interviewed on letterman years ago, I can't remember when maybe 2001 or 2002 but he was so crazy like a hyperactive child

just saw fever pitch on tv too and he's so adorable in it. has anyone seen the vids of him on drew barrymore's site? very cute!
January174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Welcome to the thread.

Yeah, there was alot of Jimmy love at one time, but not so much in a long time.

I liked him in Fever Pitch. Cute movie.

I haven't seen the vids.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

From Zap2it
Quote:
Jimmy Fallon Puts Down Roots
New 'Late Night' host taps hip-hop group as his house band
December 9, 2008

Given the hoopla surrounding Jay Leno over the last 24 hours or so, it's easy to forget that the rest of NBC's late-night lineup is getting a makeover too.

Jimmy Fallon hopes you won't forget about him. The former "Saturday Night Live" regular is taking over "Late Night" in March, and he launched a daily video blog this week to keep viewers informed about what to expect from his version of the show. The first installment revealed the identity of his house band: hip-hop group The Roots.

The band, led by drummer Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson and MC Tariq "Black Thought" Trotter, will provide the soundtrack for Fallon's show when it debuts on March 2. Fallon also informed viewers that his show will originate from Studio 6B at Rockefeller Center, across the hall from where Conan O'Brien currently tapes "Late Night."

The studio carries a good deal of history with it. It housed "The Tonight Show" with hosts Jack Paar and Johnny Carson before Carson moved the show to California in 1972 and dates back to the network's radio days. It most recently was home to the local newscast for the network's New York affiliate, WNBC.

"We are really excited to be working with Jimmy on the new 'Late Night,'" Thompson says in a statement. "It's also an honor to be working with an icon like ['Late Night' executive producer] Lorne Michaels. We are looking forward to becoming part of the history of 30 Rock."

Fallon will be posting new entries most days at 12:30 a.m. ET at LateNightwithJimmyFallon.com.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

I think Fallon is going to be great in the late night setting!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think so too.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

From Zap2it
Quote:
Jimmy Fallon begins his 'Late Night' adventure
By Rick Porter
February 27, 01:28 PM

Jimmy Fallon is prepared for whatever criticism he may get as the new host of NBC's Late Night. This is, after all, the man who starred in Taxi.

And besides, the former Saturday Night Live regular figures nothing he'll hear in the coming weeks will be as bad as what his predecessor, Conan O'Brien, went through when he took over for David Letterman in 1993.

"I don't think anyone could put up with what Conan was given when he first started," Fallon said on a conference call with reporters last week. "I mean, that poor guy went through the ringer ... that was insane. There wasn't anyone who liked him at first, and he stayed in the ring and stayed up, and you've got to respect him for that. So, I mean, as bad as a ribbing as I could get for this, I don't see it being that bad."

It's not that Fallon expects his first show on Monday night -- with guests Robert De Niro and Justin Timberlake and a musical performance from Van Morrison -- to go entirely smoothly. In fact, he assures us it won't. But as he's been doing test shows in recent weeks, he's been drawing on a piece of advice O'Brien (who will take over The Tonight Show in June) gave him.

"I think the thing he's repeated most is that you've just got to do it," he says. "Just do it, just keep doing it, because then that's how you learn how to do it. Just get up there and just start swinging and then you'll figure it out, which is good advice. And after the first two test shows I can tell you he's right.

"It's like you can prepare, you can get the great writers, you can get the great set and the great director, but if you don't get these interviews down it can get weird. And, you know, it can -- even a writer can't save you in those things. So I think the more I do it the more comfortable I'll be with talking to people."

Some highlights of the conversation:

Putting his stamp on the show: "I think ours will be different in the fact that we're younger, we're into tech stuff, gadgets, phones, video games. We'll treat a video game premiere like a movie premiere. I'm just going to be honest with what I like and what I do, what I enjoy. And we're not going to hide the fact that people are on the Internet all day. ... We're going to try to be as interactive as possible with our fans.

"I'm currently on Twitter and Facebook and Flickr and Digg; I'm on all that stuff. And I want to be as interactive as possible. I know we tape at 5:30 [ET], we air at 12:30, but I think my fans are smart enough to realize that we do tape early. And so we'll figure out some way to keep it interactive, either through Tweets or, you know, I'll tell you -- I can say on the show between 5:30 and 6:30 Eastern Standard Time, you know, please send in [comments]. I still have to figure out how that’s going to work. [The show will also have three bloggers posting during the day with clips and other items from the set and around the Internet.]

"And the fun thing is, if it doesn't work it's still fun to experiment and try stuff; it's 12:30 at night, I mean, honestly I just want to kind of keep people awake. Or at least give you one joke to go to bed with."

On becoming a better interviewer: "Every morning I sit my wife to the right of me, and I ask her what she's going to do that day. And then ... we run a clip and then we go to commercial.

"I realized after the first two test shows that it is tricky, it's hard. And I think the hardest part for me is you have these pre-interviews, these segment producers that pre-interview your guest. And they give you these bullet points of what funny stories they have.

"And your job as the host is to -- you hit on these bullet points to strike up a conversation with them. So, you know, the first couple I've done I've been a little nervous and I've been like, 'Hey, where you from? Connecticut, oh good. Do you do impressions? Oh great. I heard you went on vacation, and you had a hang gliding incident? Oh good. We'll be right back.' And I was like, 'Wait -- that was the worst conversation I've ever had in my life.'

"So I think the more calm, the looser I get and the more I make people feel at home and at ease and just have them not worry that they have to score, that I'll make sure they look good -- that's my job as the host is to make them shine. ... I'm just going to try to make my guests shine on my show. And I think between that and my house band it's going to be a good show."

About that house band, The Roots: "I got a lot to play with. I really, really, really struck gold and I'm so happy that they -- and honored -- that they would be my band. ... It should be something you want to go do [if you're in New York] because not even counting me, the band alone, will freak your bean. They're going to give you a heart attack. It is like going to see a concert for one hour. And they are so good, just so impressive."
---
The Jimmy Fallon era on Late Night begins at 12:35 a.m. ET Monday/Tuesday on NBC.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Absolute Fan

I just wanted to drop by and show Jimmy some love.

I loved him while in high school and now, 5 years later, I'm loving him again. The Jimmy Fallon Dip? Probably one of the most amazing thing ever. I'm so glad he had a dance contest so fans could make up something like that. I gotta give Jimmy props, because I absolutely adore Conan but Jimmy's doing a good job too.

How does everyone think Jimmy's doing so far? Any fave moments? Another fave moment of mine was Mark-Paul Gosselaar's appearance as Zack Morris [who was my childhood love].

You'll sit alone forever, if you wait for the right time. What are you hoping for?
beatlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He's adorable and so funny!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

He'll do great as the new tonight show host!

Love when he plays games with his guests

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top