Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

For reasons I fail to understand, I never liked them as a couple, personally. So yeah, as horrible as it is, this news made my day.

Me either. But for obvious reasons I do feel bad and also hope the press won't be bothering him about it.

Hi Rob! I'm Cass and I want tp ravage Jake because he's hot and I'm completely shallow like that!

I did my civic fangirl duty and have voted for Jake. Agreed with the Clay comment. As much as I like him I really don't want to see his mug on a milk campaign. Me an milk don't have that wonderful a relationship already. Whenever I bring myself to drink it I always get grossed out by thoughts of 'Is this what the inside of a cow tastes like? Is this what cow juices taste like..?' Not pretty. At least he has more votes than Lindsey Lohan.

Quote:
Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gyllenhaal, the young stars of two of Hollywood's big summer movies, have ended their romance.

Dunst, the co-star of "Spider-Man 2," and Gyllenhaal, who appears in the disaster epic, "The Day After Tomorrow," have gone their separate ways, his publicist told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Annett Wolf wouldn't provide details of why they stopped dating, but confirmed they broke up "some time ago." Dunst's representative, Stephen Huvane, didn't immediately return a call for comment.

"It's been a while, but they have remained the best of friends," Wolf said.

The 22-year-old Dunst and Gyllenhaal, 23, began dating about two years ago after being introduced by his sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal, who appeared with Dunst in "Mona Lisa Smile."

The bad HTML mistakes were from the article itself not from me being completely stupid. For once.
icon *
Old 07-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay I'm a total Jake fangirl. I used to post on these threads all the time but I've been a bad fan lately. Anyway I was just watching Entertainment Tonight & heard about the break up so I now have Jake on the brain. I couldn't believe they broke up "a while ago" b/c they were still hanging out like a couple. They were so cute BUT man would I love to get a piece of that action. I'd have no problem whatsoever being Jake's rebound chick
Old 07-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Hee. You guys are fast. I heard about the breakup on the radio.

People reported that Jake and Kirsten moved in together in their 50 hottest bachelors issue. They rated Jake with a low dateability score, because of this. I guess the score is back up now.

It's always a little sad when a couple breaks up, but then if that's what they wanted, I respect that.

Cass, I'm not a lurker, but what the hell:

'Hi Cass, my name is Paolo and I want to ravage Jake because, well, hee!'
Old 07-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Hi Paolo! Welcome to the thread It's true what they say: A picture is worth a thousand words

Welcome back tragedy Glad you've rediscovered your Jake love.
icon *
Old 07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Awww about Jake and Kirsten breaking up. I don't see this as a good thing. No offense, but none of us have a chance with him, whether he has a girlfriend or not. And Kirsten seems cute. Hopefully things really did end well, etc
Old 07-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Re: vote for Jake in Got Milk ads

Quote:
Originally posted by pixiedude
...and 72% (a gazillion votes) for *Clay Aiken*! (who, if I were to see him on billboards promoting milk, would probably lead me to seriously consider veganism for the first time in my life).
Seriously, that would really freak me out, too. Sorry Clay fans.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch
No offense, but none of us have a chance with him, whether he has a girlfriend or not.
Hee, that's true, but it's not at all the reason why I didn't like them together. To me, Kirsten has come off as having a pretty bad attitude in interviews. Plus she just seems kind of like a flake. And she has greasy hair. Which is, like, ew.

But I'm slightly insane so feel free to ignore me.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Banned

For: Today Thu Jul 22 Fri Jul 23 Sat Jul 24 Sun Jul 25 Mon Jul 26 Tue Jul 27 Wed Jul 28 Thu Jul 29 Fri Jul 30 Sat Jul 31 Sun Aug 1 Mon Aug 2 Tue Aug 3 Wed Aug 4 Thu Aug 5 Fri Aug 6 Sat Aug 7 Sun Aug 8 Mon Aug 9
in
Enter ZIP code or Town, State
Powered by Zap2it

21 July 2004
Jackson Denies Quadruplets Reports

Troubled superstar Michael Jackson has hit out at reports that he is to be the father of quadruplets, even though magazine Us Weekly is standing by its recently published story. Publicist Raymone Bain, in response to reports yesterday that Jackson was expecting four children via a surrogate mother, said, "This is not true, and we are not going to further comment on stories of this nature." According to stories published in Us Weekly and other magazines, Jackson is reportedly to become the father of quadruplets, after a besotted American actress agreed to be artificially inseminated. Jackson, 45, is said to have asked the mystery woman to carry his children in a series of letters, after she had firstly written to him to express her support for his upcoming trial on child molestation charges. The actress reportedly became pregnant in May, long after Jackson was arrested and charged by Californian officials, and is thought to be a mother-of-three from Florida. It is believed she has signed a privacy document with Jackson's lawyers, to guarantee her silence. An insider tells British newspaper The Sun, "She had all sorts of medications to prepare her, and by early May she became pregnant." And an American journalist tells the publication, "This is coming from inside sources, very inside the Jackson camp. We're not revealing any details about the mother. As with many things in the Michael Jackson camp, it is a big mystery." Jackson already has three children, two of whom - Prince Michael, seven, and Paris, six - are believed to have been conceived in a surrogacy arrangement. --IMDb staff contributed to this report
Love's Hospital Stay Extended

Troubled rocker Courtney Love's court date will be further delayed because she's expected to stay in the hospital "at least until August 5". The former Hole frontwoman - who pleaded guilty to drug charges on May 25 - had been due in a Los Angeles court on Friday for sentencing but missed the appointment because she was seeking medical attention in New York for a "gynecological problem". Judge Patricia M Schnegg granted the request to delay Love's court appearance, but made it a requirement that if the singer leaves the Manhattan medical facility where she's currently being treated she will have to travel to LA and report in court within 24 hours of release. The charge stems from an incident last October when Love was found by Los Angeles Police Department officers responding to a disturbance call at the home of former boyfriend. Love was booked on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Her lawyer has confirmed Love is expected to remain in care "at least until August 5".
Dunst Dumps Gyllenhaal?

Hollywood beauty Kirsten Dunst has dumped her movie hunk boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal, blaming "filming commitments". Spider-Man 2 actress Dunst and The Day After Tomorrow actor Gyllenhaal had been an item for two years before the surprise split two weeks ago. Since they began dating both Dunst and Gyllenhaal have become internationally famous, and Dunst's role in the Spider-Man movies has made her one of the most recognizable actresses in the world. An insider says, "Kirsten and Jake had been spending a lot of time apart because they both had filming commitments. But Jake was totally besotted with her and is devastated that she has broken up with him. Kirsten's career has sky rocketed. She's one of the hottest young actresses in Hollywood right now. She felt her relationship with Jake was emotionally draining and she couldn't cope with it on top of her work. It's very sad for Jake. He is really heartbroken."

imdb.com
Old 07-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AsnoCaliente
Hee, that's true, but it's not at all the reason why I didn't like them together. To me, Kirsten has come off as having a pretty bad attitude in interviews. Plus she just seems kind of like a flake. And she has greasy hair. Which is, like, ew.

But I'm slightly insane so feel free to ignore me.
Heh, it's okay. You're free not to like whoever you want, but I think that Kirsten is actually one of the classier popular actresses nowadays.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

I like your answer better than mine, Cass!!

If you want to vote for Jake in the "Got Milk" thing, you cna vote multiple times by using hte back button. It will count your new vote as well. This can be done as many times as you feel is necessary.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

I voted for him, but only once so far :p
Old 07-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw the little blurb that J&K were broken up run across the bottom of the screen when I was watching E! The funny thing is, at the time they were running a show about Hollywood's Hottest Couples and Jake & Kirsten were one of them.

I'm a bit surprised. It seemed like they were on the fast track to marriage, especially since they exchanged promise rings and adopted a dog together. I wonder what went wrong....?
Old 07-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm a bigger Jake fan now that I got the chance to watch my Donnie Darko DVD that I bought monday. He's so cute in that movie.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by GilmoreJunkie
I'm a bigger Jake fan now that I got the chance to watch my Donnie Darko DVD that I bought monday. He's so cute in that movie.
I didn't know who he was until I watched Donnie Darko. I agree that he is very cute in that movie. When he was talking to his therapist about being alone, I just wanted to hug him and tell him that everything was going to be okay.

Now that I know who he is, I want to see more of his movies. I have seen Donnie Darko and Highway. Other than those, I I don't think I have seen any of his work.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Impatient
I didn't know who he was until I watched Donnie Darko. I agree that he is very cute in that movie.
That's how I first discovered him too. I rented Donnie Darko & immediately fell in love. Since that moment I had to have more, so I rented Highway! I went to the movies & saw The Good Girl, Moonlight Mile, I own the DD video & I saw The Day After Tomorrow just b/c of him. I can't wait for Brokeback Mountain! But I'm not obsessed or anything