Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2017, 03:13 AM
  #1
Moderator Support Team
Like a solemn Hallelujah

 
heartღaflutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 153,190
Hugh Jackman #3 - Because such a wonderful person deserves all the success in the world!

H U G H J A C K M A N
thread no. 3



• • •



P E R S O N A L I N F O R M A T I O N
Date of Birth
12 October 1968, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Birth Name
Hugh Michael Jackman
Height
6' 2½" (1.89 m)
Spouse
Deborra-Lee Furness (11 April 1996 - present) 2 children


B I O G R A P H Y
Born in Sydney of English parentage, and the youngest of 5 children, Jackman has a Communications degree with a journalism major from the University of Technology Sydney.

After graduating, he pursued drama at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, immediately after which he was offered a starring role in the ABC TV prison drama "Correlli" (1995), opposite his future wife Deborra-Lee Furness. Several TV guest roles followed, as an actor and variety compere.

An accomplished singer, Jackman has starred as Gaston in the Australian production of Beauty and the Beast. He appeared as Joe Gillis in the Australian production of Sunset Boulevard. In 1998, he was cast as Curly in the Royal National Theatre's production of Trevor Nunn's Oklahoma.

Jackman has made two feature films, the second of which, Erskineville Kings (1999), garnered him an Australian Film Institute nomination for Best Actor in 1999. Recently, he won the part of Logan/Wolverine in the Bryan Singer- directed comic book movie X-Men (2000).

In his spare time, Hugh plays piano, golf and guitar and likes to windsurf.
• • •

U P C O M I N G P R O J E C T S
2017 - The Greatest Showman - P.T. Barnum


M O S T F A M O U S R O L E S


Wolverine [X-men Series]



Robert Angier [The Prestige]


Jean Valjean [Les Misérables]

Check his IMDB for more info on his roles!


F A N S
  1. ~*~Celebriän~*~
  2. mariem201
  3. ROCKSTAR
  4. Ms_Melika
  5. Enigma
  6. life_style
  7. Amy_UK
  8. Virginie_GW
  9. Caris_leogirl
  10. montana_rosalie
  11. blackdalia
  12. hellojojo123
  13. ces't moi
  14. Leo_Lover
  15. hiddleskittlesღ
  16. Sara Caffrey
  17. FollowYourღ
  18. baelfire24
  19. ina_am
  20. JMRamos
  21. stlavin95
  22. ~Search4Truth~
  23. Eternal Flame





F A C T S


-Hugh lived with his god parents the first 18 months of his life because his mother suffered from severe depression and things were difficult at home.

-When Hugh was 8-years-old, his mother left him, his four older siblings, and father behind in Australia without warning, moving to England to attend to her sick mother. She eventually remarried and started a new family in England. Hugh says he grew up troubled by her absence, but never resented her because he understood what she was going through. He has forgiven her and the two now have a relationship as adults.

- Hugh was bullied as a child after his mother left the family and says reflecting on the anger he had growing up helped him portray Wolverine's rage in the X-Men movies.

-Hugh and his siblings were raised by their single father, Chris Jackman - a devout Christian man and accountant. Hugh calls his dad his hero and says he learned everything he knows about good morals, hard work, honesty, and compassion from Chris. Hugh's current Facebook and Twitter banners are pictures of him with his dad.

-Hugh regards his wife, Deb, as "the greatest woman [he has] ever met." He also frequently calls her the "most beautiful" and credits her for "saving" him and bringing him out of his shell.

-Hugh and Deb suffered infertility and miscarriages. They always planned on adopting at least one child, but after enduring emotional pain from not being able to conceive, they adopted two children, Oscar "Max" Jackman and Ava Jackman. Both children are mixed race because Hugh and Deb said that's where the biggest need was.

-Hugh has been known to turn down major film roles so that he can stay close to Deb and the children. He and Deb have a rule that no matter how intense their work schedules get, they cannot be apart for more than two weeks.

-Hugh said his nicknames growing up and even in adulthood were "sticks" (for having such skinny legs), "pea-head" (for having a small head, broad shoulders, and a tall body), and "V" (for having acne in the shape of a V on his forehead).

-Hugh has suffered from skin cancer 6 times in three and a half years and underwent surgery and skin treatments.

- Hugh's best friend is an Australian radio host, Gus Worland. Hugh and Gus have been best "mates" since kindergarten. In total, they have been friends for over 40 years.

-Hugh is left-handed.

- Hugh sings, dances, and plays the violin, guitar, and piano.

-Because Hugh has very bad nearsightedness, he often memorizes what he has to say when hosting shows. He has said that his vision is so poor that without contacts or glasses, he cannot read a restaurant menu.

-Hugh is spiritual. He studies the Bible, Bhagavad Gita, Koran, and Upanishads and refers to them as Scripture. He also studies philosophical writings by Aristotle, Shakespeare, Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell, and others. He has applied many underlying principles of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity to his life. He described himself as a Christian in a 2015 interview with Parade Magazine. He says he strictly meditates at least twice per day and has practiced a form of Transcendental Meditation for over 20 years.

-Hugh has never been a smoker and finds it terrible to smoke real cigarettes in movies. Generally he uses vapor cigarettes when he plays a character who smokes.

- Hugh was far from being the first choice to play Wolverine. In fact, he only got the part after 6 actors turned down the role and Dougray Scott, who was cast, was forced to drop out due to a serious injury while making Mission Impossible 2.

- Hugh is known to personally buy and hand out lotto tickets (as an ice breaker) to all of the cast, crew, and extras every Friday on every Hollywood film he has ever done (sometimes up to 300 people). On these days, Hugh hangs out with the cast and crew and gets to know them. Hugh is also known to have lunch with crew and extras while working on films, and is said to treat everyone on set to dinner and daily unlimited free coffee and tea. He is also known to pass out thank you presents at the end of filming to all of the cast and crew. Due to his generosity, humility, and kindness, he has sometimes been coined the "nicest man in show business."

- When Hugh was just 8-years-old, he used his allowance money to sponsor a child through the Christian humanitarian organization, World Vision. Now, 40 years later, Hugh is a long-time ambassador for World Vision and has traveled to impoverished communities in countries such as Cambodia and Ethiopia on a mission to help the world's poorest citizens.

-In 2011, Hugh started a fair trade coffee & tea company called Laughing Man Worldwide, in which all of the proceeds go to World Vision and a charity he started called The Laughing Man Foundation to help impoverished farmers across the world, their families, and provide healthcare, food, and education to their children. A documentary about the cause, called Dukale's Dream, was released at select cinemas and on iTunes and Amazon in 2015 and profits went to World Vision.

- When Hugh was around 19-years-old, he traveled to remote Aboriginal communities in Australia as a volunteer to help poor families build houses. Inspired by the indigenous culture, he now participates in several charities, and has started philanthropic causes, that help indigenous people in Australia. He also protested the Australian government's threat to force certain indigenous groups off their land in 2015.

- Deb dedicates much of her time to humanitarian and philanthropic endeavors and has started several causes and organizations to help orphans, abandoned children, and caring families who want to adopt around the world. Hugh participates in these efforts and is her biggest supporter.

-Hugh and Deb supported Hugh Evans, the founder of the Global Poverty Project and Global Citizens Festival, from the very beginning when only a handful of people were involved. They are still close friends with Hugh Evans to this day and are major contributors and ambassadors for the Global Poverty Project and have hosted the Global Citizens Festival multiple times.

- Deb's mother, Fay Duncan, was the founder of the Fight Cancer Foundation in Australia. Fay required that Hugh promise to always be a patron of the Fight Cancer Foundation before she would give her blessing to let him marry her daughter. To this day, Hugh has remained true to his promise as a loyal patron of the organization since 1996.



__________________
Life is Short, Time is Fast
No Replay, No Rewind
So enjoy every moment as it comes... ღ

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 03-28-2017 at 12:48 PM
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:20 AM
  #2
Moderator Support Team
Like a solemn Hallelujah

 
heartღaflutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 153,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Search4Truth~ (View Post)
Aw thank you! My name is Theresa, by the way. Is your name Karen?







You're welcome Let me know if you ever see it



Yeah, I've seen a lot of his movies and some of his plays. Some of his movies I love. Other movies of his I don't like. Then there are some movies of his that I felt were a bit mediocre but adored his performances in them. How about you?



My fiance and I met him once in December 2014 and 4 more times in January 2015 when we went to see his play, The River (for just $35 from the front row)! We met Hugh's wife, Deb, too, and she is such a sweetheart. Hugh took pictures with us and hugged me on a couple of different days. He's like that. He hugs a lot of his fans In person, Hugh is also pretty soft spoken and gentle, which comes across as so precious because he's such a tall, muscular guy (slender though, in person). He's a little touchy-feely, lol. My fiance had taken a little video of us meeting Hugh one of the times, and Hugh even gently patted my arm to thank me and playfully tugged on the rim of my hat another time. Hugh signed playbills for everyone too. He was enthusiastically doing charity work for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS after his play and the usher explained to us that he was the only actor on all of Broadway who was still doing it since the obligation to participate had ended several weeks before. He's just a really kind man. It's hard to explain. It goes beyond just nice. There is a caring warmth that radiates from Hugh and his wife, and you get the sense that they genuinely care for you and wish they could get to know you - at least we did (as do many who meet them). They also both have impeccable manners. For example, we saw Hugh literally hold the door for some fans and he took his sunglasses off to look us straight in the eyes and ask us how we were. He also remembers a lot of his fans' names, and Deb was so concerned when we met her that she acted very motherly and wanted to make sure we stay warm and get home safe. I'll never forget my experience with them.
Yes my name is Karen! Nice to meet you Theresa!


Can you name some examples for all those projects you love/didn't love or you thought were mediocre?!

What a great story to meet him! Very nice!!


I recently saw Prisoners, I thought he did a phenomenal job in that one!
I always loved him as Wolverine in the X-men films.

Les Miserables is on my list to watch but I'm a bit hesistant for some reason
The Prestige is also on my list!

I think I saw Real Steel on a list on Netflix. Is that a good one?
I thought Australia was an okay film but not his best one! Though halfnaked Hugh wasn't a bad thing to look at
I have seen Kate & Leopold but that wasn't a fav of mine either.
__________________
Life is Short, Time is Fast
No Replay, No Rewind
So enjoy every moment as it comes... ღ
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:57 AM
  #3
Fan Forum Hero

 
ina_am's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 99,433
Thanks for the new thread
__________________
wonderwoman
. . .
E.J.G
mi poesía aliméntame la inspiración...
ina_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:36 PM
  #4
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,194
Thanks for the new thread! Finally a new thread. It appears the OP has not been updated since 2008.

I do wish there were more Hugh fans on FF though. I know a lot of people on here who like him, but not enough to really talk about him much I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
Yes my name is Karen! Nice to meet you Theresa!



Quote:
Can you name some examples for all those projects you love/didn't love or you thought were mediocre?!
Sure lol.

Hugh movies I love:
Logan
Prisoners
Les Miserables
The Fountain
The Prestige
Eddie the Eagle
X2
X1
Days of Future Past
Flushed Away (it's animated but so cute. Does that count? )

Hugh movies I thought were mediocre but love his performance:
Kate & Leopold (I adore Hugh as Leopold. I think he did a phenomenal job)
Australia (this movie had promise, but it is too long in parts, but Drover to this day is one of my favorite characters that Hugh has played. I found him so charming in this role)
Real Steel (it's a fun movie and super cute - solid family movie, but very predictable in parts. I love Hugh and Evangeline Lilly in it though )
Someone Like You (this movie is not good, but Hugh is very charming in it)
Paperback Hero (I'm not into this movie, but Hugh was very charming in it)
Erskineville Kings (this movie is very boring, but Hugh's performance in the last half hour is amazing and heartfelt)
Swordfish (honestly, this movie is mindless action and a bit silly, but I enjoy Hugh as Stanley Jobson )
All the other X-Men/Wolverine movies (I think he was always great at playing Wolverine, but I felt some of those movies were bad )

Hugh movies I don't like:
Van Helsing
Deception (it's terrible; never watch it )

If I didn't mention a movie, it's probably because I haven't seen it.

Quote:
What a great story to meet him! Very nice!!


Quote:
I recently saw Prisoners, I thought he did a phenomenal job in that one!
I always loved him as Wolverine in the X-men films.
He is so good in Prisoners.

Quote:
Les Miserables is on my list to watch but I'm a bit hesistant for some reason
Les Miserables is not for everyone, but I personally love it and if I'm being honest, it is the movie that made me a Hugh Jackman fan. I always liked him, but Jean Valjean is my favorite literary character since I was a kid and to me, Hugh did the character so much justice that I fell in love with him as an actor. The kindness, love, and sincerity felt through his acting was palpable and that is exactly what it takes to play a saint like Jean Valjean. However, some people do not like that they sang live and that the director wanted them to sound more realistic and ragged instead of "pretty" as they do on Broadway. Also, the proximity of the camera to the actors is somewhat irritating. I wasn't always fond of the director's transition choices either. I felt Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne were wonderful in this movie too and Russell Crowe was not horrible like so many people made him out to be.

Quote:
The Prestige is also on my list!
It's well done and worth watching. Warning: Hugh's character is a complete jerk

Quote:
I think I saw Real Steel on a list on Netflix. Is that a good one?
As I said above, it's a solid family movie. It's sweet. Quite cheesy, cliched, and predictable, but overall a lot of fun. It really just depends on your movie tastes. I suggest Eddie the Eagle. That's a lovely movie.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:13 AM
  #5
Moderator Support Team
Like a solemn Hallelujah

 
heartღaflutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 153,190
haha it does seem that way! I"ll try to see if I can update the OP a bit!
Feel free to make your own suggestions!

Quote:
I do wish there were more Hugh fans on FF though. I know a lot of people on here who like him, but not enough to really talk about him much I guess.
Same here! Though maybe if we keep this thread alive people are encouraged to join us !

Quote:
Hugh movies I love:
Logan
Prisoners
Les Miserables
The Fountain
The Prestige
Eddie the Eagle
X2
X1
Days of Future Past
Flushed Away (it's animated but so cute. Does that count? )
haha of course Flushed Away counts

Les Miserables is on my list, I'm glad it's on your love list, so I have to check it out then

Eddie the Eagle? What's that about?

Quote:
Hugh movies I thought were mediocre but love his performance:
Kate & Leopold (I adore Hugh as Leopold. I think he did a phenomenal job)
Australia (this movie had promise, but it is too long in parts, but Drover to this day is one of my favorite characters that Hugh has played. I found him so charming in this role)
Real Steel (it's a fun movie and super cute - solid family movie, but very predictable in parts. I love Hugh and Evangeline Lilly in it though )
Someone Like You (this movie is not good, but Hugh is very charming in it)
Paperback Hero (I'm not into this movie, but Hugh was very charming in it)
Erskineville Kings (this movie is very boring, but Hugh's performance in the last half hour is amazing and heartfelt)
Swordfish (honestly, this movie is mindless action and a bit silly, but I enjoy Hugh as Stanley Jobson )
All the other X-Men/Wolverine movies (I think he was always great at playing Wolverine, but I felt some of those movies were bad )
I agree with you about Australia that the movie felt too long It should have been a bit more fast paced...

I'm not that familiair with the other films
I think I have seen Swordfish but I didn't like it, so it didn't stick
Quote:
Hugh movies I don't like:
Van Helsing
Deception (it's terrible; never watch it )
hahahhaa


What kind of plays did you see him do? I have no clue what kind of plays he did actually
Usually that doesn't get into the media that much!

Quote:
He is so good in Prisoners.
His performance was heartbreaking!
Though that end, I do hope they found him!

Quote:
always liked him, but Jean Valjean is my favorite literary character since I was a kid and to me, Hugh did the character so much justice that I fell in love with him as an actor. The kindness, love, and sincerity felt through his acting was palpable and that is exactly what it takes to play a saint like Jean Valjean. However, some people do not like that they sang live and that the director wanted them to sound more realistic and ragged instead of "pretty" as they do on Broadway. Also, the proximity of the camera to the actors is somewhat irritating. I wasn't always fond of the director's transition choices either. I felt Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne were wonderful in this movie too and Russell Crowe was not horrible like so many people made him out to be.
Well I might have to check it out then

Quote:
Warning: Hugh's character is a complete jerk
haha it could be a fun change

Quote:
As I said above, it's a solid family movie. It's sweet. Quite cheesy, cliched, and predictable, but overall a lot of fun. It really just depends on your movie tastes. I suggest Eddie the Eagle. That's a lovely movie.
Thanks!



Hugh Jackman Was Given Film of His Penis for 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Wrap Gift | Hollywood Reporter



That's too cute!
__________________
Life is Short, Time is Fast
No Replay, No Rewind
So enjoy every moment as it comes... ღ
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:15 AM
  #6
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
haha it does seem that way! I"ll try to see if I can update the OP a bit!
Feel free to make your own suggestions!
Aw thank you! I guess for now, we can start by updating his movies. I had made an OP for Hugh that is used on the X-Men forum. It's extremely elaborate though. I maybe could bring over a little bit of the art though.

Quote:
Same here! Though maybe if we keep this thread alive people are encouraged to join us !
At least there are two of us. I just realized I'm not even listed on the fan list. Can you add me please?

Quote:
Les Miserables is on my list, I'm glad it's on your love list, so I have to check it out then
Hopefully you'll like it. If not, I apologize in advance.

Quote:
Eddie the Eagle? What's that about?
It's a small film that came out last year based on the true story of Michael Edwards, also known as "Eddie the Eagle." If you like movies like Cool Runnings (based on the Jamaican Bobsled team) then you may enjoy Eddie the Eagle. It's sweet, funny, inspirational, and kept audiences smiling throughout the whole movie. Hugh plays the coach. Taron Egerton played Eddie. They had great chemistry. Some of the proceeds of the profits from the film went to charities for kids in sports who are in tough financial situations.

Here's the trailer if that helps:

Quote:
I'm not that familiair with the other films
I think I have seen Swordfish but I didn't like it, so it didn't stick
Swordfish is not a good movie. To be fair to Hugh, it was his first non-X-Men Hollywood movie and it was filmed before X1 even came out so he was thought of in America at the time as a "nobody." He was so new to acting in Hollywood that his Australian accent even slipped out in a few of the scenes (he was playing an American). But he had a lot of charisma as Stanley Jobson and I think people who saw knew that this guy was going to blossom into a phenomenal actor. So for that reason, I'll occasionally watch parts of Swordfish if it comes on late night television and I'm bored, lol. Plus, I love Halle Berry and they had chemistry:


Quote:
What kind of plays did you see him do? I have no clue what kind of plays he did actually
Usually that doesn't get into the media that much!
Hugh was great as Curly in the stage musical, Oklahoma! at the Royal National Theatre in London. He did this musical in 1999 and got a Lawrence Olivier Award nomination for his performance. I saw a recording of the play. He played Gaston in a stage production of Beauty and the Beast back in Australia in 1997 (I think). He won a Tony Award for playing the flamboyant Australian song writer, Peter Allen, in the Broadway musical "The Boy From Oz" in 2004. I saw a recording of that too. It's hilarious and touching in parts and he was amazing. He played a traumatized Chicago police officer in a subtle play on Broadway called "A Steady Rain" in 2009. I never got to see that. He played a mysterious, troubled man seeking love in the Broadway play, "The River" in 2014/2015. I saw that and that's where I met him. He also has a traveling one man show (sort of a concert) in which he tap dances, sings, and entertains, which he performed on Broadway in 2011, in Turkey in 2015, and in Australia also in 2015. I've seen many clips of him performing at these concerts.

Quote:
Thanks!
You're welcome Thank YOU.

__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:19 PM
  #7
Moderator Support Team
Like a solemn Hallelujah

 
heartღaflutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 153,190
I've updated the OP

We could add a quotes section (since that was also in there) but everything was just copied and pasted from IMDB I'd rather have the best ones in there

if you want his movies list to be different you can totally bring over yours!

I added you on the list!

Quote:
Swordfish is not a good movie. To be fair to Hugh, it was his first non-X-Men Hollywood movie and it was filmed before X1 even came out so he was thought of in America at the time as a "nobody." He was so new to acting in Hollywood that his Australian accent even slipped out in a few of the scenes (he was playing an American). But he had a lot of charisma as Stanley Jobson and I think people who saw knew that this guy was going to blossom into a phenomenal actor. So for that reason, I'll occasionally watch parts of Swordfish if it comes on late night television and I'm bored, lol. Plus, I love Halle Berry and they had chemistry:
I don't remember much anymore though that gif is cool!

Quote:
Hugh was great as Curly in the stage musical, Oklahoma! at the Royal National Theatre in London. He did this musical in 1999 and got a Lawrence Olivier Award nomination for his performance. I saw a recording of the play. He played Gaston in a stage production of Beauty and the Beast back in Australia in 1997 (I think). He won a Tony Award for playing the flamboyant Australian song writer, Peter Allen, in the Broadway musical "The Boy From Oz" in 2004. I saw a recording of that too. It's hilarious and touching in parts and he was amazing. He played a traumatized Chicago police officer in a subtle play on Broadway called "A Steady Rain" in 2009. I never got to see that. He played a mysterious, troubled man seeking love in the Broadway play, "The River" in 2014/2015. I saw that and that's where I met him. He also has a traveling one man show (sort of a concert) in which he tap dances, sings, and entertains, which he performed on Broadway in 2011, in Turkey in 2015, and in Australia also in 2015. I've seen many clips of him performing at these concerts.
Oh wow supercool! ESpecially tap dancing
Do you know where I can find a clip? I'm curious now!
__________________
Life is Short, Time is Fast
No Replay, No Rewind
So enjoy every moment as it comes... ღ
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:44 PM
  #8
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
I've updated the OP

We could add a quotes section (since that was also in there) but everything was just copied and pasted from IMDB I'd rather have the best ones in there
Aw yay! Thanks I just skimmed it. The stuff on IMDb isn't even all accurate lol. I have tons of quotes by Hugh and about Hugh in this word document from back when I was helping with a website. I'd be happy to post some of those quotes when I get home later and you can add them to the OP if you'd like.

Quote:
if you want his movies list to be different you can totally bring over yours!
I could make a movie list

Quote:
I added you on the list!
Thank you!

Quote:
Oh wow supercool! ESpecially tap dancing
Do you know where I can find a clip? I'm curious now!
Here's one taken from someone's phone with surprisingly good quality of him doing Luck Be A Lady and Singin' in the Rain in late 2015. He dances doing Luck Be A Lady and then puts on tap shoes to tap dance for singing in the rain. It's especially adorable towards the end, but the whole thing is good:


And this is pretty cool. Hugh helped this radio guy's dream of tap dancing on a stage come true and you see the rehearsal process. Hugh was taking it easy on him, LOL:


Hugh is actually quite a good dancer, which I find to be an accomplishment for a man who is nearly 6'3". Usually tall men don't move as smoothly/as well as he does with this type of dancing and tap dancers are usually pretty well under 6'. Hugh also does ballroom dancing/salsa/tango/waltz and pop music dancing. He's a trained dancer, which a lot of people don't know, although he did start late only in his late teens, which is late for a dancer. Still, he started training in dancing before he trained in acting. Part of the reason he was cast in X-Men was because the director had seen a tape of him dancing and doing choreographed fight moves for Oklahoma. Good dancers tend to learn fight choreography easily because there is a similar approach in dancing and martial arts. So there's a fun fact for you!
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:52 PM
  #9
Moderator Support Team
Like a solemn Hallelujah

 
heartღaflutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 153,190
oh yeah be sure to post that! the quotes and movies list
I hope you like the OP a bit better now!

He has a nice voice as well and nice dancing abilities!


Ooh that's a really fun fact about the dancing bit and his casting for X-men! I didn't know dancers were able to learn fight skills easier! Very cool!
Kinda surprised he doesn't do more dance/music films then!
__________________
Life is Short, Time is Fast
No Replay, No Rewind
So enjoy every moment as it comes... ღ
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:38 PM
  #10
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
oh yeah be sure to post that! the quotes and movies list
I hope you like the OP a bit better now!
I do like the OP! I think it will be wonderful to have some quotes there and his movie and theatre lists.

Here is the OP I made for the X-Men board:
Wolverine/Logan {Hugh Jackman} #9: We are anticipating Hugh's final performance in Logan

It's extremely elaborate (too elaborate), but there is good info there we can pull - mostly the quotes and movie lists and stuff. It needs to be updated though. For example, there are new quotes from him that can be added in place of others, and he has now had 6 skin cancer operations - not 4. ( for Hugh) But I can't update it since I'm not a moderator and I didn't start the latest thread. I was kind of MIA from FF.

Quote:
He has a nice voice as well and nice dancing abilities!
Aw, you think so? I definitely think so, and it's always nice to find someone who agrees. He also has a lot of charm and charisma, in my opinion, so it makes his song and dance performances really endearing.

Quote:
Ooh that's a really fun fact about the dancing bit and his casting for X-men! I didn't know dancers were able to learn fight skills easier! Very cool!
Kinda surprised he doesn't do more dance/music films then!
He's actually in the middle of filming a movie musical now called The Greatest Showman. It is supposed to be released to cinemas Christmas of this year, and Hugh will be singing and dancing in the film along with Zac Efron and Michelle Williams. Hugh will be playing the lead character.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:36 AM
  #11
Moderator Support Team
Like a solemn Hallelujah

 
heartღaflutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 153,190
I definitely think his charm is making the appereances a lot of fun

Do I need to add everything from that thread? how up to date is it?

I did read that he has 1 project coming up. Very cool that he'll dance in it!
__________________
Life is Short, Time is Fast
No Replay, No Rewind
So enjoy every moment as it comes... ღ
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:33 PM
  #12
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,194
No, you don't need to add everything from that thread. It hasn't been updated for a year.

Here is a condensed "facts" section I just put together that could be added in addition to what is already in this thread now. How many of these facts/how much of his bio did you know?

personal facts;


-Hugh lived with his god parents the first 18 months of his life because his mother suffered from severe depression and things were difficult at home.

-When Hugh was 8-years-old, his mother left him, his four older siblings, and father behind in Australia without warning, moving to England to attend to her sick mother. She eventually remarried and started a new family in England. Hugh says he grew up troubled by her absence, but never resented her because he understood what she was going through. He has forgiven her and the two now have a relationship as adults.

- Hugh was bullied as a child after his mother left the family and says reflecting on the anger he had growing up helped him portray Wolverine's rage in the X-Men movies.

-Hugh and his siblings were raised by their single father, Chris Jackman - a devout Christian man and accountant. Hugh calls his dad his hero and says he learned everything he knows about good morals, hard work, honesty, and compassion from Chris. Hugh's current Facebook and Twitter banners are pictures of him with his dad.

-Hugh regards his wife, Deb, as "the greatest woman [he has] ever met." He also frequently calls her the "most beautiful" and credits her for "saving" him and bringing him out of his shell.

-Hugh and Deb suffered infertility and miscarriages. They always planned on adopting at least one child, but after enduring emotional pain from not being able to conceive, they adopted two children, Oscar "Max" Jackman and Ava Jackman. Both children are mixed race because Hugh and Deb said that's where the biggest need was.

-Hugh has been known to turn down major film roles so that he can stay close to Deb and the children. He and Deb have a rule that no matter how intense their work schedules get, they cannot be apart for more than two weeks.

-Hugh said his nicknames growing up and even in adulthood were "sticks" (for having such skinny legs), "pea-head" (for having a small head, broad shoulders, and a tall body), and "V" (for having acne in the shape of a V on his forehead).

-Hugh has suffered from skin cancer 6 times in three and a half years and underwent surgery and skin treatments.

- Hugh's best friend is an Australian radio host, Gus Worland. Hugh and Gus have been best "mates" since kindergarten. In total, they have been friends for over 40 years.

-Hugh is left-handed.

- Hugh sings, dances, and plays the violin, guitar, and piano.

-Because Hugh has very bad nearsightedness, he often memorizes what he has to say when hosting shows. He has said that his vision is so poor that without contacts or glasses, he cannot read a restaurant menu.

-Hugh is spiritual. He studies the Bible, Bhagavad Gita, Koran, and Upanishads and refers to them as Scripture. He also studies philosophical writings by Aristotle, Shakespeare, Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell, and others. He has applied many underlying principles of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity to his life. He described himself as a Christian in a 2015 interview with Parade Magazine. He says he strictly meditates at least twice per day and has practiced a form of Transcendental Meditation for over 20 years.

-Hugh has never been a smoker and finds it terrible to smoke real cigarettes in movies. Generally he uses vapor cigarettes when he plays a character who smokes.

- Hugh was far from being the first choice to play Wolverine. In fact, he only got the part after 6 actors turned down the role and Dougray Scott, who was cast, was forced to drop out due to a serious injury while making Mission Impossible 2.

- Hugh is known to personally buy and hand out lotto tickets (as an ice breaker) to all of the cast, crew, and extras every Friday on every Hollywood film he has ever done (sometimes up to 300 people). On these days, Hugh hangs out with the cast and crew and gets to know them. Hugh is also known to have lunch with crew and extras while working on films, and is said to treat everyone on set to dinner and daily unlimited free coffee and tea. He is also known to pass out thank you presents at the end of filming to all of the cast and crew. Due to his generosity, humility, and kindness, he has sometimes been coined the "nicest man in show business."

- When Hugh was just 8-years-old, he used his allowance money to sponsor a child through the Christian humanitarian organization, World Vision. Now, 40 years later, Hugh is a long-time ambassador for World Vision and has traveled to impoverished communities in countries such as Cambodia and Ethiopia on a mission to help the world's poorest citizens.

-In 2011, Hugh started a fair trade coffee & tea company called Laughing Man Worldwide, in which all of the proceeds go to World Vision and a charity he started called The Laughing Man Foundation to help impoverished farmers across the world, their families, and provide healthcare, food, and education to their children. A documentary about the cause, called Dukale's Dream, was released at select cinemas and on iTunes and Amazon in 2015 and profits went to World Vision.

- When Hugh was around 19-years-old, he traveled to remote Aboriginal communities in Australia as a volunteer to help poor families build houses. Inspired by the indigenous culture, he now participates in several charities, and has started philanthropic causes, that help indigenous people in Australia. He also protested the Australian government's threat to force certain indigenous groups off their land in 2015.

- Deb dedicates much of her time to humanitarian and philanthropic endeavors and has started several causes and organizations to help orphans, abandoned children, and caring families who want to adopt around the world. Hugh participates in these efforts and is her biggest supporter.

-Hugh and Deb supported Hugh Evans, the founder of the Global Poverty Project and Global Citizens Festival, from the very beginning when only a handful of people were involved. They are still close friends with Hugh Evans to this day and are major contributors and ambassadors for the Global Poverty Project and have hosted the Global Citizens Festival multiple times.

- Deb's mother, Fay Duncan, was the founder of the Fight Cancer Foundation in Australia. Fay required that Hugh promise to always be a patron of the Fight Cancer Foundation before she would give her blessing to let him marry her daughter. To this day, Hugh has remained true to his promise as a loyal patron of the organization since 1996.
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 03-28-2017 at 10:46 AM
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 PM
  #13
Moderator Support Team
Like a solemn Hallelujah

 
heartღaflutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 153,190
I didn't know a lot of things!

I'll add them in!
__________________
Life is Short, Time is Fast
No Replay, No Rewind
So enjoy every moment as it comes... ღ
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
  #14
Elite Fan

 
~Search4Truth~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,194
Thanks for adding them.

What are some of the facts you found most interesting?
__________________
Begin to live as if your prayers are already answered.
~Anthony Robbins
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:45 AM
  #15
Fan Forum Hero

 
ina_am's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 99,433
Great facts, just read them
__________________
wonderwoman
. . .
E.J.G
mi poesía aliméntame la inspiración...
ina_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.