Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Henry Cavill #7: Because we couldn't imagine anyone else playing Superman

Graphics by Melissa Ann
{Filmography
  1. The Great Wall (pre-production) (20??)
  2. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (pre-production) as Napoleon Solo (rumored) (20??)
  3. Man of Steel (Completed) as Clark Kent / Superman (2013)
  4. The Cold Light of Day as Will Shaw (2012)
  5. Immortals as Theseus (2011)
  6. The Tudors (TV Series) as Charles Brandon (2007-2010)
  7. Whatever Works as Randy (2009)
  8. Blood Creek (aka "Town Creek") as Evan Marshall (2009)
  9. Stardust as Humphrey (2007)
  10. Red Riding Hood as The Hunter (2007)
  11. Tristan + Isolde as Melot (2006)
  12. Hellraiser: Hellworld (Video) as Mike (2005)
  13. Midsomer Murders (TV Series)
    The Green Man (2003) … Simon Mayfield
  14. I Capture the Castle as Stephen Colley (2003)
  15. Goodbye, Mr. Chips (TV Movie) as Soldier Colley (2002)
  16. The Inspector Lynley Mysteries (TV Series)
    Well Schooled in Murder (2002) … Chas Quilter
  17. The Count of Monte Cristo as Albert Mondego (2002)
  18. Laguna (2001)

Immortals

The Cold Light of Day

Man of Steel

Trailers

{Biography
Date of Birth
5 May 1983, Jersey, Channel Islands, UK
Birth Name
Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill
Nickname(s)
Hank
Henners
The Most Unlucky Man in Hollywood

Height
6' 1" (1.85 m)

Mini Biography

Henry Cavill grew up in Jersey, Channel Islands. Jersey is his home but he is currently, in his own words, "floating around the world." He has four brothers and a pet parrot.

Henry Cavill was a main actor at the boarding school he attended. The boarding school, Stowe School, is located in Buckingham. His roles include Oberon in a rendition of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream", and Sonny in "Grease". He also starred as Hamlet in "40 Minutes", which he also happens to have directed.

Henry Cavill starred in Dennis Berry's Laguna opposite Joe Mantegna. He enjoyed working in Laguna more than all his other movies because he played the lead and therefore developed a close relationship with the director.

Since then he has appeared in a couple of well-known movies such as The Count of Monte Cristo and I Capture the Castle. He also has a number of lesser-known movies, and television movies. He delivered a captivating performance as Chas Quilter in Inspector Lynley's Mysteries: Well-Schooled in Murder.

He has worked with the actor Bill Nighy twice, once in I Capture the Castle and also Well-Schooled in Murder. He has worked with the young actor Joe Sowerbutts three times, also in 'Capture', 'Well-Schooled' and briefly in Goodbye, Mr. Chips. He met Russell Crowe a long time ago in boarding school, and in 2013, got to work with him in Man of Steel.

Early Life

Cavill was born on the island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, the fourth of five boys. His mother, Marianne, works as a secretary in a bank, and his father, Colin, is a stockbroker.

He was educated at St. Michael's Preparatory School in Saint Saviour, Jersey before attending Stowe School, a boarding school in Buckinghamshire, England. He began acting in school plays during prep school, and has said that if he had not become an actor, he would have joined the army or gone to university to study ancient history, specifically Egyptology.

Personal Life

On 4 May 2011, his girlfriend, show jumper (equestrian) Ellen Whitaker, announced their engagement.
As of August 2012, Henry and Ellen have called off their engagement and split.

Cavill began dating American actress and former mixed martial artist Gina Carano in September 2012.

{Interviews Revealed

DETAILS Magazine

The other touchstone moment at boarding school involved Russell Crowe, who plays Cavill's father, Jor-El, in Man of Steel. "He was on campus filming Proof of Life," Cavill says. "Everyone was standing in a semicircle, and I thought, 'We look ridiculous, staring like he's some kind of prize pony.' So I walked up and said, 'Hi, my name is Henry. I'm thinking of becoming an actor. What's the acting world like?' He said something like, 'Sometimes it's great. Sometimes it's not so great. It's fun acting. And they pay well.' Then everyone ran up and asked for autographs, and I turned to Russell and said, 'Run.'" Several days later, Cavill received a package from Crowe containing snacks, a rugby jersey, and a CD of the actor's band. "There was also a signed note," Cavill says, picking up a fry. "It said, 'Dear Henry, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.'" On the set of Man of Steel, Cavill reminded Crowe of their meeting. "I told him, 'I was the fat one who didn't ask for your autograph.' He looked at me blankly, and then he actually remembered."
{Fans
(The Cavillites)
  1. Insanitic (Shay)
  2. Enigma (Mel)
  3. notthatfarapart
  4. lisztomania
  5. Icey_
  6. SkateGirl88
  7. ღEmrys
  8. Paperboats
  9. claudypritz
  10. d3wberry
  11. LaraCroft01
  12. the_aprilpie
  13. Nerdy Angel
  14. AbsyntheMinded
  15. Melissa Ann
  16. Pasadora
  17. obthavariable
  18. Josie2288
  19. Full Hearts
  20. .:DoDs:.
  21. Merriweather
  22. ina_am
  23. effie
  24. baelfire24
  25. JMRamos
  26. vannya
  27. ring of fire
  28. Vanessa Lapierre
  29. nothingbutFifthHarmony
  30. quin611
  31. lyndell75
  32. LadyPrincess
  33. D'oh!

{Avatars/Icons
By Melissa Ann

{Posts With Avatars/Icons or Arts

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |

Arts (Wallpapers)

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |

{Future Thread Titles
  • "Superman makes the sound barrier his bitch...meanwhile Henry does that to everyone!
  • "Tudor....or not Tudor...."
  • "I challenge anyone to stare in his eyes for five seconds and not giggle." -Amy Adams
  • "He has this kind of earnest awesomeness that's unexplainable, and that's what you look for [in Superman]. -Zack Snyder

{Previous Threads
  1. Henry Cavill #1: Because He Could Be The Next Superman
  2. Henry Cavill Appreciation Thread #2: Because he's utterly perfect
  3. Henry Cavill #3 | His Immortal Stardust brightens our Cold Light of Day!
  4. Henry Cavill #4 | Forget abs of Steel....MAN of Steel! | The 'S' stands for Sexy!

Join Henry's Campaign thread here!

Last edited by Imzadi; 11-29-2014 at 05:24 AM
Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here is too start us off

Old 09-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Susi

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 09-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So buff!!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He is filming the new Superman movie, i would expect nothing less

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 09-09-2014 at 01:36 PM
Old 09-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True!!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But i bet you'd like for him to be that buff all year round

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 09-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Uhm yeah, i wouldn't mind..
Old 09-19-2014, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 09-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yummy
Old 09-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Henry Cavill News

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Turns 50: Can't Wait To See You On The Big Screen Solo
Quote:
It was 50 years ago today, that The Man From U.N.C.L.E. had its TV debut. Next summer Henry will be portraying the man himself, American spy Napoleon Solo on the big screen. But it was Robert Vaughn who made the role famous in the 1960s. Today the HMSS Weblog has an anniversary post for those who want to learn more about the history of the show. AMC's John Campea also recently talked about the anticipation for the film, ahead of its August 14, 2015 release. He answers a fan's question, who wondered if it was a good idea for Warner Brothers to move U.N.C.L.E. to August, from its original release date of January, 2015. Rocket Raccoon holds the answer for you.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe we still have to wait nearly another year for that Seems weird that he hasn't gotten to do as many other movies in between the superhero movies like other superhero actors have been able to do. I hope it's because he's concentrating more on other personal projects and not because he keeps being overlooked or passed on.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 10-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#Gibraltar Rock Run

Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

thanks for bringing that over I'm glad he was able to participate in something for a great cause, and I'm jealous of all those people who got to be close to him

I have to share this one

[x]

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 11-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘Batman V Superman’ Star Henry Cavill Starts Production Company, New Role Revealed
Quote:
Batman v Superman star Henry Cavill is venturing into other areas of the entertainment business. Along with one of his brothers, Charlie, the Man of Steel is starting his own production company.

According to an exclusive report on Deadline, the new company’s name is Promethean Productions and it already has a title in the works. The action thriller Stratton will be produced along with Amber Entertainment and GFM Films, the website reports.

The film is based on an eight-novel series by British author Duncan Falconer. Batman v Superman star Henry Cavill plays John Stratton, who is an operative of the Special Boat Service Commando (SBS) that works with the Intelligence Detachment in Northern Ireland. Falconer is a pseudonym for a man who, himself, was an SBS.

Last month, Cavill took a break from filming Batman v Superman in Detroit just as the production was wrapping its time in Michigan to travel to Gibraltar for a charity run in support of the Royal Marines, which Falconer joined when he was only 18. Henry’s older brother, Nick, is a member of the Royal Marines and as such, this cause is very dear to his heart.

Speaking of his new endeavor, Henry Cavill says he’s looking forward to entering this chapter in his life.

“Having the opportunity to expand my horizons into film making is incredibly exciting. Getting to work so closely with my brother in this venture is equally so.”

According to Collider, filming is to begin in the Spring after Batman v Superman wraps up for Henry Cavill. The website shares a poster for the new film.

“In optioning Duncan Falconer’s series of books, they have unearthed a character that Henry Cavill can inhabit and run with for a truly thrilling franchise.” Michael Ryan from GFM — who is providing the financing — said.

The fan site HenryCavill.org unearthed a Facebook post from Falconer himself — from September 16 — in which he talks about the casting of the 31-year-old actor. It took Henry Cavill only four days to decide to move forward with the role.

“Wish I could tell you who just read the script, thought it was fabulous, and is interested in playing Stratton, but if I did he might have to change his mind — funny old industry this. So therefore I can’t. But it’s really very interesting. Will reveal who it is if it becomes real. I’m dying to give a clue but one of you smart individuals might get it.”

According to Falconer, Cavill said it was one of the best scripts he’s ever read. The author shared some details about filming locations and some more background regarding the plot.

“The Stratton film takes another step forward. The mystery lead actor has agreed in principal to take the part. He said it was one of the best scripts he had read — we have been working on it a long time! We have even gone so far as to discuss potential shoot dates — some time between April and November 2015. The first month will be in Italy and then the rest in the U.K.”

“Just to remind, the film is based on The Hostage but instead of the IRA, the antagonists are Islamic fundamentalists. Fingers crossed nothing gets in the way of it.”