Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that sucks. I guess you don't have RealPlayer on your computer, because that's all you need to view this.

Try this link. If that doesn't work, then you're out of luck.

Sasha
Old 12-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen Petal
Hannah - Eh, a lot of that film was in slang, like thee were words from all of the placed that they went to. My chilean friend's dad got really excited he was saying 'aah, see, this is CHILEAN spanish, good old Chilean slang!' it was kinda funny. (he hasn't been to Chile in about 10 years, so it was one of the first times that he had heard Chilean people speaking spanish. All the spanish-speaking people here are like Spanish, Mexican or Argentine.) I wouldn't worry about it too much though, loadsa people do that with foreign films. People I know that speak fluent French end up not understanding the film Amelie, coz they read the subtitles.
That's a relief I was starting to dread going to Argentina in August butI think I'll be okay

So...What was your Gael dream? Nothing too detailed, we're a family board here
Old 12-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ohh! This is what I get for not visiting often during vacation!

Sasha, I'm andie. Is this the one with the lady with hair as bright as day?

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
Hi

http://www.terra.com.ar/RealRAM/17/17176.ram

Sasha
Yep. Viggo sounds as wonderful in any other language.

Elena, well, there's nothing in particular, really, but well, let's see... if I went to bed in my dorm room in Manila and then woke up one morning and holy smokes, I'm in the middle of Gdl, what do I need? Or, so I'm not such a big pain, what does "Alatriste" mean?

Hey, Hannah, how's life?

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Total Fan

Life's fine. Had the crappiest mood ever yesterday, but it faded after lying awake half the night

Yes that is the one (or a one, at least) with a woman with hair as bright as day. It's amazing to look at. And he gave her many presents I want him to give me presents! Hokay....that's weird...I'm weird...let's move on

Alatriste is the name of one of the characters. From IMDb
Quote:
Viggo Mortensen plays the Spanish soldier-turned-mercenary Captain Alatriste, a heroic figure from the country's 17th century imperial wars
Although, about a second ago, I saw on one of the message boards that Gael sin't going to be in it anymore But those message boards are not reliable at all....now I'm upset. I wanted to see them together. Speaking Spanish. Together

Spanish link
Old 12-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Elena, well, there's nothing in particular, really, but well, let's see... if I went to bed in my dorm room in Manila and then woke up one morning and holy smokes, I'm in the middle of Gdl, what do I need? Or, so I'm not such a big pain, what does "Alatriste" mean?
Andie!! How are you doing? How's your holiday going? Yeah, we got kinda crazy while you were gone, well, as much as the craziness has been on this thread.

Alatriste = Sad Wing. Interesting title, no?

Jeje, I love the way that you put that! Um, ok, well, the first thing that you might what to say is:

¡Chinga! Qué pasó anoche?!? = *****! What happened last night?!?
¡Carajo! Dónde estoy? = Christ! Where am I?!?

Ok, seriously, if you really got stuck? Hmm, maybe you'd like to know where you are?

Desculpa, ¿puede decirme donde estoy? = Excuse me, can you tell me where i am?
¡AYUDAME! No sé donde estoy, no hablo español, ¡y no tengo dinero! = HELP ME! I don't know where i am, I don't speak Spanish, and i have no money!
¿Dónde esta el aeropuerto? = Where is the airport?
Tengo hambre... ¿dónde puedo comer? = I'm hungry... where can I eat?

Now, maybe you're feeling a little adventurous? You're in México! They have really hot guys there! Suddenly, you are face-to-face with Gael Garcia Bernal, and you want to say something... but how?!?

Dios mio! ¡Es Gael Garcia Bernal! ¡Te quiero! ¡Te adoro! ¡Te necesito! ¡TE AMO! = Oh my god! You're Gael Garcia Bernal! I want you! I adore you! I need you! I LOVE YOU!
¿Puede darme su número de celular? = can you give me your cell phone number?

Yeah, I would say some really wierd stuff. It depends who you meet I guess. If there's anything else you want to know, i'm here Also, all of what I have put is in the pollite form, so if you were talking to someone younger than you, or a person that you knew very well, it would be slightly different, and i can tell you that as well if you want.

Quote:
Although, about a second ago, I saw on one of the message boards that Gael sin't going to be in it anymore But those message boards are not reliable at all....now I'm upset. I wanted to see them together. Speaking Spanish. Together

Spanish link
WHAT?!? Did I just read what i think I did?!?!? Someone replaced my dear Gael? Nononononono!!!!! If anyone wants me to translate this article that doesn't speak Spanish, I can

I am gonna HATE the replacement, I swear it!!

Last edited by Frozen Petal; 12-30-2004 at 11:55 PM
Old 12-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Total Fan

It makes me sad. No Gael/Viggo speaking Spanish together. If needs be, I can write an entire script in Spanish just so I have this.

So, so you think they'd be up for a passionate, but somewhat clandestine, affair in late 19th century rural South America? *note to self, don't live out fantasies out loud*

Hokay...

Has anyone ever heard of this Unax Ugalde guy? *goes to IMDb to check him out*

Hmm....never heard of him
Old 01-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea who Unax is. Never even heard that name before. Looks interesting, though.

Sasha
Old 01-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I watched 'La Mala Educación' yesterday night with my friend. It was really strange (I should have known, it's an Almodóvar ) but Gael was brilliant. And he was such a convincing drag queen! I think maybe it's his calling for if he ever decides to stop acting... Ok, maybe not... But it was interesting, and very good, but like i said - strange. Still Gael stripping was very fun...

Quote:
Originally posted by StrongPlacebo
It makes me sad. No Gael/Viggo speaking Spanish together. If needs be, I can write an entire script in Spanish just so I have this.

So, so you think they'd be up for a passionate, but somewhat clandestine, affair in late 19th century rural South America? *note to self, don't live out fantasies out loud*

Hokay...
Could be interesting... Yeah! You should do that! It would be so great, and then you'd get to meet Gael... No, wait, you have to let me be involved in this some way... I want to see Gael every day that he's making this film!! What can I do? Let me do something important, and very Gael related please! Please, please, please!!! (yes, I think i've convinced myself that this WILL happen... i'm worried about my mental state... )

Quote:
Originally posted by StrongPlacebo
Has anyone ever heard of this Unax Ugalde guy? *goes to IMDb to check him out*

Hmm....never heard of him
Nope, never heard of him. But then again, he's Spanish, and mostly I don't really know any Spanish actors, it's more the Mexican ones that I really know about. And some Latin American ones as well. But I can ask some of the people I know over there if they've heard of him. I really really hope that he's good...

And yeah, I looked at the pictures. He's no Gael Garcia Bernal, but he isn't too bad either...
Old 01-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Heya, guys! I'm back in Manila, at last, the land of Internet cafes.

First off, Elena, OMG! You really took it seriously, huh? :huh: Muchos gracias! (Did I get that right?) It's a mightly long walk to Mexico, but now at least I know I'm prepared. And I love it how you say it 'jeje.' It took me quite a while to figure that one out. Just a question, though. How do you write words that sound with j's then, like 'juice?'

Re: meeting Gael. My monologue would probably go:

Susmariosep! Gael Garcia Bernal! Eh... eh... Tengo dos pesos... voulez vous coucher avec moi?

Hannah, no more Gael? That's too bad... should've been the fangirl movie of the century. The Unax guy's not so bad, though, I agree.

Hey, what happened when you were up half the night, huh? I'm actually a bit upset now myself. Something awful happened that I can't actually post here, again. (My english is a bit American-oriented, but if any of you guys don't understand something, er... don't Google it.)

Oh! Oh! I nearly forgot! Elena, are you serious? Gael stripping? As the transvestite, I bet, though. :p Oh, can you clear something up for me? Who's Angel and who's Juan or Enrique or something and who's Zahara?

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 01-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ooh, new idea. Anybody have/want Gael avvies?

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 01-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Total Fan

Have none, have no talent to make them.

Man, I have no brain to reply, so if I make no sense tonight chalk it up to malaria and let me try again tomorrow.

The new set up hurts my brain.

Okay, attempts to be coherant.

Unax Whatshisface. Sounds like a Basque name to me. But can't be, so *shrug* But fit, so I fogive him a little for replacing Gael. Maybe I can work him into my script. Oh, plan

And when I make my film, you can all be involved (Yeah, I think I'm getting a bit to serious about it too. But it can't hurt to be prepared. We really need to work on the sotry more though. Ideas, anyone?)

Juice in Spanish is zumo. What's this about juice? I could go for a juice.

But I read your blog, and EW that's horrible what happened to you! Pull blinds and don't let them up again until the building work is finished!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Woah. I've been away a while. Sorry. Everything's been horrible here, because of the Asian tsunami. My aunt and uncle were on their honeymoon, in India, just where the Tsunami hit, and when we didn't hear from them... well, getting online wasn't the biggest thing. So sorry about that, but i couldn't help it. But they're alright, they just couldn't get home. And saw so much horrible stuff, but they're fine, so they were really really lucky... it's just so shocking and horrifying though...

Andie - You're in the Philippines, it didn't get as far as that did it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bing
Heya, guys! I'm back in Manila, at last, the land of Internet cafes.

First off, Elena, OMG! You really took it seriously, huh? :huh: Muchos gracias! (Did I get that right?) It's a mightly long walk to Mexico, but now at least I know I'm prepared. And I love it how you say it 'jeje.' It took me quite a while to figure that one out. Just a question, though. How do you write words that sound with j's then, like 'juice?'

Re: meeting Gael. My monologue would probably go:

Susmariosep! Gael Garcia Bernal! Eh... eh... Tengo dos pesos... voulez vous coucher avec moi?
Wow, I'm still laughing about that one... jeje. I can so see that. And Gael even speaks french, so there you go, eh?!? Chica, I would walk to México, and it's miles from here as well! But that's what love will do to you, eh? And yeah, I ALWAYS take it seriously!! But some of the things that I told you maybe werent all that serious jaja. And yeah, nearly got it, but it's MuchAs gracias, because the words have to agree with each other. 'gracias' is feminine, and so 'muchas' has to be as well Some day it'll make sense!

Re: jeje/jaja/jiji/jojo... I hadn't noticed that I still did that! jaja (oops. here i go again ) It's wierd, there are all of these stupid little things that I do, and all of my friends from here just look at me like 'Eh? Elena, what was that?!?' I'm like, well...

And you mean the actual word 'juice'? Because if you translated it, then you would say 'zumo' (like Hannah said), but then also some people say 'jugo'. But it means the same thing. But if you meant like... how to explain how to pronounce the word 'juice', then you would...hmm... this is hard. It would depend on where you were. Like, in Argentina, they pronounce the 'y' a little like the english 'j' so you could maybe say 'yooce', and then they might get it, but then this would be a problem in, por ejemplo, Spain, where the 'y' is soft, just like in English... So let's just hope that you're talking to a chilean or an argentine

Quote:
Hey, what happened when you were up half the night, huh? I'm actually a bit upset now myself. Something awful happened that I can't actually post here, again. (My english is a bit American-oriented, but if any of you guys don't understand something, er... don't Google it.)

Oh! Oh! I nearly forgot! Elena, are you serious? Gael stripping? As the transvestite, I bet, though. :p Oh, can you clear something up for me? Who's Angel and who's Juan or Enrique or something and who's Zahara?
Woah, that's horrible! And kinda scary! I was in town one day, and a guy walked along wearing a trench coat, and then when me and my friend were in front of him, he opened the coat... and... well, the same as what happened with you. I was like, ewww, please, do NOT do that in front of me!!! And don't worry about the americanized english, we get so much american TV that we all talk like that anyways (at least where I live). Plus i lived in America for 2 years, so I speak all americanized anyways. (I have this wierd messed up English/American/Something accent, and people are always like 'huh, where are you from?!?' It's annoyin though, because when i was at the age where you learn how to spell, I was in America, so now all of the words that are said/spelled different in England, I do wrong. All the teachers just think that i'm really dumb

And YES. TOTALLY. It gets SO close to seeing everything, litterally, two inches more... but no. But I have to say, when he then puts his underwear back on, it's very...eh...see-through . (coz he gets really wet, and they're white )

Ok, the whole 'Juan/Ángel/Enrique/Zahara' thing is very complicated, and i don't want to give away the whole movie to you. But... Gael plays Ignacio, but he wants everyone to call him Ángel, which is his stage-name. Zahara is the drag queen that he plays in the film, and Enrique is Gael's charachter's old school friend. Sorry, it's hard to explain without giving away the whole plot... watch and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Placebo
Unax Whatshisface. Sounds like a Basque name to me. But can't be, so *shrug* But fit, so I fogive him a little for replacing Gael. Maybe I can work him into my script. Oh, plan

And when I make my film, you can all be involved (Yeah, I think I'm getting a bit to serious about it too. But it can't hurt to be prepared. We really need to work on the sotry more though. Ideas, anyone?):
Yeah, it does doesn't it? I dunno, maybe one of/both of his parent/s are Basque? Oh no, wait, is he from Cataluña? Because if he is, that could work as well, because the 'X' is pronounced like 'sh' in catalá, so his name would be slightly possible to pronounce... and yeah, ITA about the good-looking of him. Gael is still better, but he isn't bad. YES! Work him in!!!

Hmm... ideas... lot's of topless scenes. Yes. Am liking this plan a lot.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Petal
And YES. TOTALLY. It gets SO close to seeing everything, litterally, two inches more... but no. But I have to say, when he then puts his underwear back on, it's very...eh...see-through . (coz he gets really wet, and they're white )
Mmmmm

yes, topless scenes, a must have. Many topless scenes, and perhaps, if we can wrangle it, and *looks around and lowers voice* nudey scene

Man I have to go. Maybe I'll coime back later

ETA: Decided to come back and talk/babble some more. But now I can't see what everyone else wrote underneath. Damn. I can't remember. Be right back

ETA again: Elena I'm glad your aunt and uncle are okay. It's horrible what happened out there, one of my best frineds lost family over there, and her dad has gone over, cause he's a doctor, to give medical aid, and they're gathering clothes etc.

I find it ironic that you were talking about the different spellings in America and England, then wrote 'spelled' rather than 'spelt'. But I always find I say things in American accents, so recently I have been making concerted efforts to emphasise my English accent. Short i in privacy, long o in process....but then I forget which one is English hand which is American

My teacher told me the ending to Mala Educcaion *frowns* which sucks. Fortunately I don't think I understood properly. Which is good, I can watch it for myself.

I think the Unax dude must be from one of the regions of Spain. it's just not a Castillian name

Last edited by StrongPlacebo; 01-07-2005 at 02:27 PM
Old 01-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongPlacebo
Have none, have no talent to make them.

Man, I have no brain to reply, so if I make no sense tonight chalk it up to malaria and let me try again tomorrow.

The new set up hurts my brain.

Okay, attempts to be coherant.

Juice in Spanish is zumo. What's this about juice? I could go for a juice.

But I read your blog, and EW that's horrible what happened to you! Pull blinds and don't let them up again until the building work is finished!
We do have to chalk it up to something; you sound pretty gone.

oh, Elena, are they alright now? Have you heard from them already? A girl from my uni and her family actually died in Phuket. Luckily, the tsunami never reached us here. I think even though it did, it wouldn't have reached me here. Too many islands in between.

Re: jeje. I think it's absolutely cool. It's like having your own exclusive language... well you do have your own exclusive language. It's just great how there are Spanish threads and Pinoy threads and Swedish threads and all kinds in this forum. Wow, so many different variations. I'm starting to wish I took Spanish as my foreign language, but not that I don't love Italian. I'm addicted to the mob genre. I noticed the little subtle differences in the language, Spanish, I mean, especially while watching Y tu Mama. Luisa had a very different way of enunciating her words... and she kept asking what the slang meant.

Re: the trenchcoat guy. Ew! Now we can really say we totally understand what the other person's gone through, eh? Really, men. And I'm not being a sexist here. You don't exactly see women walking the streets and flashing the men. I slept fine after that, though a few days later, I was over at a friends and it just so happened that these friends were boys, and I was considered one of the boys. So, when they started watching porn, and they didn't even stop to think if I would mind, there I was, scarred for life. I couldn't sleep after that.

Hannah, your teacher spoiled you? Argh. Well, at least I'm still happily in the dark. Well, not happily... and not still hapilly in the dark. I hope I won't have to be in the dark for long.

Oh, about the window. I still haven't bought curtains. I was planning to this weekend but I just have so much to do right now. I took a mattress and propped it against my window.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 01-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
We do have to chalk it up to something; you sound pretty gone.
What are you implying?

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with men. You don't see women going around masturbating on buses! (Yes, happened to me). Good call on the mattress, he won't see throught that
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top