Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by caro_y_milo

Me encata Gael garcia!! es el latino mas hermoso q hay
HOLAS CARO!!! K ondas chica? Sip, ya sé - SSS LA NETA!!!! jajaja. Gael sss el HOMBRE mas hermoso del MUNDO!!! jajajaja. Ps, a mÃ_ . Es mi obseción jajaja. T gusta Milo Ventimiglia, vdad? Puedes decirme, d donde sss? Lo sé q sss Americano, pero su nombre no sss múy Americano?!? Y kiero escribir en su foro, pero tengo miedo! jajajjaja. No, sss xq no conozco nadie x alla, ¿son simpaticos? Quizá escribiré n el thread n español, xq t conozco...

Quote:
Er, the whole title in English is actually "No News From God." Multilanguage film about the battle between heaven and earth, yadda yadda. Didn't like it very much, but Victoria Abril was in it, and Penelope Cruise (sorry, Cruz ) as a mannish devil, and of course, Gael, whose english... I just love him.
Me too! I wouldn't even care if I couldn't understand a word he said! But his english seemed really good! His accent sounds really normal to me (not as an english person, but as a mexican speaking english - it sounds like all of my friends there.) - plus it is so SEXY! Obviously, i didn't see 'Sin Noticias' but when i saw a few interviews with him, he seemed to be more or less totally fluent. I have to admit that... he actually used a couple of words that were too smart for me to get! I only understood because of the context that they were in. Yes, i'm not so great at English...

Quote:
You guessed right. I'm actually in Quezon City, 'cause my uni's there and I live across the street from it. Re: pictures. Yes, we can be picwhores if we try hard enuff, even with limited resources, yes!
Ah okay. That's awesome, the Philipines is somewhere that i really want to go to. I have a couple of friends out there, some in the San Jose on Mindoro, and also some in San Fernando, Bolinao and San Carlos on Luzon, as well as Puerto Princesa on Palawan. Wow, that's quite a lot od people... Actually, I think that some of them have moved to New Zealand now... Also, if I got any of the names wrong, sorry. :d'oh: I would love to be able to speak Tagalog. My friend Ariane speaks it fluently, and I keep nagging her to teach me, but so far, no luck...

Quote:
She will be so excited, he is her current obsession. I haven't been able to tell her yet because she just had her interview for Cambridge (French and Spanish - I'm sure she found a way to talk about him in it ) but when I tell her she'll be stoked. Could you tell me the name of the theatre anyway, beacuse if I go to her with nothing but vague details, she'll rip my head right off until I find out more

And if we do run after his car, I'll let you know where to find him
Yeah, of course, it's in the Almeida Theatre. Good luck with finding him! And seriously, you follow his car, you call me lol. Your friend sounds like me! I'm going to do Spanish as a major in university, and hopefully study for at least one year abroad. I love it. Plus I already spoke it before learning it in school, so that was all waay easy for me... it was the one GCSE and AS Levels that i never had to study for! I have this crazzy talent to drop Gael into more or less any conversation. No-one gets how I can do this, but somehow I can link everything to him.

Elena :rose: xxx
Old 12-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Total Fan

Thank you Elena! And if she were here, my friend would also be hugging you. And ju,ping up and down and shrieking, all simultaneously, so it's probably a good thing that she isn't When I told her he was going to be in London, she didn't talk about anything else all the walk home. We could not make her shut up!

Are you fluent in Spanish? Have you lived there or anything?

Quote:
he actually used a couple of words that were too smart for me to get! I only understood because of the context that they were in. Yes, i'm not so great at English...
He's so smart...

And now, I'mna do some mild pic spamming. Where are the new pics? *frowns*

Old 12-20-2004, 11:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by StrongPlacebo
Thank you Elena! And if she were here, my friend would also be hugging you. And ju,ping up and down and shrieking, all simultaneously, so it's probably a good thing that she isn't When I told her he was going to be in London, she didn't talk about anything else all the walk home. We could not make her shut up!

Are you fluent in Spanish? Have you lived there or anything?

He's so smart...
No problem I can understand about your friend totally, if it was me, it wouldn't just be all the way home, it would be up until the day that I saw Gael. And then after that, all I would talk about would be seeing Gael! So basically i would never stop! And I bet that there will be tickets, because I think that they only go on sale in the 5th January or something. We only got them because a friend is in the inner circle of the theatre or whatever it's called, so we got to book early.

Um. well... i'm sort of fluent. lol. I've never had any lessons or been taught though, so sometimes i spell stuff wrong, or whatever. But more or less fluent I think. I hope... And I havn't lived there, but I was in México for about 2 1/2 months. And my family spends a lot of time in Spain, because we have a lot of family friends and things like that over there, so we go for at least 3 weeks a year. I should get classes. To sort out my spelling. It's not so bad, but sometimes, it's like 'ok, what did i just write?!?'

I wish i was as smart as Gael!! He seems so intelligent in his interviews - it just makes me love him even more. He seems to be a really grounded, sweet, smart person. And just about every other good word for a guy in the dictionary...

Here's some more pictures:

Is Gael in a film called 'Fatal Atraction'?!? This would be so cool! I saw it on this website, which I KNOW is in french, but here it is anyway:

Fatal Atraction

If he is - I HAVE TO KNOW MORE!!!! *wild-eyed look*
Old 12-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen Petal
No problem I can understand about your friend totally, if it was me, it wouldn't just be all the way home, it would be up until the day that I saw Gael. And then after that, all I would talk about would be seeing Gael! So basically i would never stop!
Well, she only shut up because we made her. With a metal pole

Quote:
And I bet that there will be tickets, because I think that they only go on sale in the 5th January or something. We only got them because a friend is in the inner circle of the theatre or whatever it's called, so we got to book early.
That's a relief, because I thought, when I saw there were no tickets there, that they'd all sold out already! Which would be amazing, but still...

Is it in the original Spanish, doyou now? I suppose it's in English, not enough people would understand it otherwise

Quote:
Is Gael in a film called 'Fatal Atraction'?!? This would be so cool! I saw it on this website, which I KNOW is in french, but here it is anyway:

Fatal Atraction

If he is - I HAVE TO KNOW MORE!!!! *wild-eyed look* [/B]
Is that a new film? (He has a new film?!) I don't think I've ever heard of it...and I can't find out more because I don't speak a word of French
Old 12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Re: Fatal Attraction. I think I've seen that site before, while I was pic-hunting. So that's not a new movie? I'm excited about the one with Viggo, though. Spanish-speaking hotties!

Elena, I think you know more Philippine places than I do now. Yes, I think you got them right. And if I'm getting you right, you're from where? Spain? Mexico? If you're from the latter, I really don't see much reason (aside from your friends, of course) for you to come down here. I, on the other hand, would give a hand and foot to hit the Mexican beaches.... and another hand and foot to hit the beaches with Gael. The pictures gave me the idea.

Your english is fine, by the way. We were also colonized by the Americans for some time so speaking english is easier here. Hey! Maybe you could teach me a bit of Spanish and I'd be more than happy to lend you my help, too.

Hannah! I feel like I've been gone for so long! So many pictures! Here's a contribution that also has a dedication that's a bit too... *ahem* for the boards so I put in on my blog .

It's my Christmas gift to you all.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 12-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Bing
Re: Fatal Attraction. I think I've seen that site before, while I was pic-hunting. So that's not a new movie? I'm excited about the one with Viggo, though. Spanish-speaking hotties!
Wordy McWord Word

They need to hurry up and start filming that, because then there will be production pictures

But it won't be out for years!

Quote:
Hannah! I feel like I've been gone for so long! So many pictures! Here's a contribution that also has a dedication that's a bit too... *ahem* for the boards so I put in on my blog .

It's a great Chrsitmas gift! I like what you put on your blog too Lemme know how that works out
Old 12-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Hannah I am loving your thinking here, those production photos are gonna be HOT!

There's a film with Gael and Viggo?!? What's it called? How did I not know this?!? I feel like such a bad Gael fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Bing

Elena, I think you know more Philippine places than I do now. Yes, I think you got them right. And if I'm getting you right, you're from where? Spain? Mexico? If you're from the latter, I really don't see much reason (aside from your friends, of course) for you to come down here. I, on the other hand, would give a hand and foot to hit the Mexican beaches.... and another hand and foot to hit the beaches with Gael. The pictures gave me the idea.

Your english is fine, by the way. We were also colonized by the Americans for some time so speaking english is easier here. Hey! Maybe you could teach me a bit of Spanish and I'd be more than happy to lend you my help, too.

Damn, that is the best gift i'm getting this christmas! There is nothing that's gonna top that.

And well, you're kind of half right... I live in England, but I have relatives in and from both Spain and Mexico. More Mexico than Spain though. Mostly they live in Guadalajara, Tapalpa, and Manzanillo. Gdl is a big city, with too many people, too much poverty, and it's kinda ugly at times... The government doesn't have enough money to make new things, so it's all gonna fall apart sometime . Tapalpa is kind of like... you know the town in 'El Crimen Del Padre Amaro'? That is just like Tapalpa! It's crazy, when i was watching that movie, I kept thinking 'Hey! That's JUST like Tapalpa!'. Then there's Manzanillo, which is on the coast. It is seriously beautiful! Not so much the town, but the beaches are gorgeous. I love it so much there. I would so love to be there right now - England is all cold and freezing and cold again. At least it isn't really raining this year though! . I am not lying when i say that I would die for just one day with Gael in Manzanillo. It would be the best day in the history of the world... I'm now kind of imagining all the things that would happen, but they're getting kinda *cough* *cough* So i'm gonna stop now. At least my english is good though I've lived here for virtually all of my life, so that's at least one good thing!

Sure i'd be happy to help you with Spanish. Anything that you want me to help you with, and i'll be there. Anything that you particularly want to know how to say/do in spanish?
Old 12-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Hannah I am loving your thinking here, those production photos are gonna be HOT!

There's a film with Gael and Viggo?!? What's it called? How did I not know this?!? I feel like such a bad Gael fan
On IMDb - the title is Alatriste. But it's still in pre-production. God, it's just going to take forever to come out!

But I haven't heard Viggo speaking Spanish in a film before, so I'm am looking forward to that!

But now, of course, I am completely confused.

Who here is Spanish/Spanish-speaking? Where are people from? I don't understand!
Old 12-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
On IMDb - the title is Alatriste. But it's still in pre-production. God, it's just going to take forever to come out!

But I haven't heard Viggo speaking Spanish in a film before, so I'm am looking forward to that!
Ok, now I'M confused, Viggo is Spanish speaking? Seriously? I'm not a massive Viggo fan, so I know seriously NOTHING about him...
Oooh, this is so cool, it has Elena Anaya. She's awesome. But no-one can top Gael

I am DYING for this film to come out already!!

Quote:
Who here is Spanish/Spanish-speaking? Where are people from? I don't understand!
Ok, i'm Spanish-speaking. And I am not technically Spanish myself, but I have a load of family over there. But more family in Mexico than in Spain. So well, i'm KINDA a little bit. lol. I'm pretty sure that cary_y_milo is Chilean, but don't kill me if i'm wrong... lol. All of the others I think posted where they're from. Wow, aparently a lot of people here are spanish speaking. I guess it makes sense though - Gael's films are pretty big over there, well, in Mexico at least.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Ok, now I'M confused, Viggo is Spanish speaking? Seriously? I'm not a massive Viggo fan, so I know seriously NOTHING about him...
Oooh, this is so cool, it has Elena Anaya. She's awesome. But no-one can top Gael

I am DYING for this film to come out already!!
Viggo speals English, Spanish and Danish fluently, his dad is Danish, and he lived in Argentina when he was younger. Which means he probably has an Argentinian accent, which I personally find the most difficult to understand of all the South-American accents (so I chose to go there for my gap year. Hmmm )

I've never heard of Elena Anaya, is she good? What has she been in that I should see, to detremine if I like her or not?

Oh, and thankyou for the info about Blood Wedding. I told my friend, and she is going to see if she can book tickets for us - she's very excited
Old 12-27-2004, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi

If you want to hear Viggo speak Spanish with his Argentinian accent, then go to the following link of when he was on a talk show promoting ROTK. It's nearly 10 minutes long.

http://www.terra.com.ar/RealRAM/17/17176.ram

And so this isn't completely off topic:

Sasha
Old 12-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Total Fan

Well, it's not working on the computer I'm on now, but I will go back to it later. Thanks Sasha

It was kinda on topic, he's a costar
Old 12-28-2004, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Sasha
Old 12-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Total Fan

Oh god he's sexy. And I understood him. But I found it hard to understand Gael in Diarias de Motocicleta (did I even spell that right? And I'm doing it for A level. This does not bode well ). BUt I think that's because when there are subtitles, I get lazy and don't try to listen to the Spanish - I just read in English.

Oh, and look, we're back on Gael
Old 12-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Sasha hoolas tia, and thanks for bringing that over here But... it doesn't work on my computer I nearly cried. But it says it isn't the right something. I don't know... jajaja. Shame though, because I would KILL to hear him speak Spanish. Even with an Argentine accent. Which is kind of slightly hard sometimes. when all of the 'y's are hard. I remember my friend Juliana d Rosario n Argentina, and she was asking me 'q kieres a comer x desayuno?' (what do you want to eat for breakfast) and I was thinking 'eh?!? What's Desajoono?!?' (this is pronounced the english way BTW, not with the spanish 'j') i worked it out after 30 seconds.

Hannah - Eh, a lot of that film was in slang, like thee were words from all of the placed that they went to. My chilean friend's dad got really excited he was saying 'aah, see, this is CHILEAN spanish, good old Chilean slang!' it was kinda funny. (he hasn't been to Chile in about 10 years, so it was one of the first times that he had heard Chilean people speaking spanish. All the spanish-speaking people here are like Spanish, Mexican or Argentine.) I wouldn't worry about it too much though, loadsa people do that with foreign films. People I know that speak fluent French end up not understanding the film Amelie, coz they read the subtitles.

Oh Gael Gael Gaeeeeel. I had a dream about him last night, well, more me and him... it got kinda hot... lol.