Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Gael Garcßa Bernal - He's only hotter in drag

So I noticed that there was no thread for Gael, so i'm starting this, and hoping that people will post...

Gael Garcßa Bernal:

Gael Garcßa Bernal was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, on October 30th, 1978.

Gael Garcßa Bernal began his acting career as a child, working with his parents in a variety of plays. When he was twelve, he starred in a soap opera called "Abuelo y yo, El" (1992). He appeared in film school exercises and short films, including De tripas, corazón (1996), directed by Antonio Urrutia, which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Short Film, and Ojo en la nuca, El (2001), a short film directed by Rodrigo Pla. Bernal studied acting in the Central School of Speech and Drama in London. Amores perros (2000) was his first major feature film, followed by Y tu mamá también (2001), directed by 'Alfonso Cuaron' and photographed by Emmanuel Lubezki.

He's starred in:

Science of Sleep, The (2005) (pre-production)
King, The (2005) (filming) .... Elvis
Mala educación, La (2004) .... Ángel/Juan/Zahara
... aka Bad Education (2004) (International: English title)
Diarios de motocicleta (2004) .... Ernesto Guevara de la Serna
... aka Motorcycle Diaries, The (2004) (USA)
Dreaming of Julia (2003) .... Ricky
... aka Cuba Libre (2003)
Dot the I (2003) .... Kit
... aka Punto sobre la I, El (2003) (Spain)
I'm with Lucy (2002) .... Gabriel
... aka Autour de Lucy (2002) (France)
Crimen del padre Amaro, El (2002) .... Padre Amaro
... aka Crime of Father Amaro, The (2002) (International: English title) (UK) (USA: literal English title)
... aka Crimen del padre Amaro, El (2002) (Argentina) (Spain)
... aka Crime du père Amaro, Le (2003) (France)
"Fidel" (2002) (mini) TV Series .... Che Guevara
Last Post, The (2001)
Sin noticias de Dios (2001) .... Davenport
... aka Bendito infierno (2001) (Mexico) (Spain)
... aka Don't Tempt Me (2002) (USA)
... aka Nessuna notizia da Dio (2001) (Italy)
... aka No News From God (2002) (USA)
... aka Sans nouvelles de Dieu (2003) (France)
... aka Without News of God (2002) (USA)
Vidas privadas (2001) .... Gustavo 'Gana' Bertolini
Ojo en la nuca, El (2001)
Y tu mamá también (2001) .... Julio Zapata
... aka And Your Mother Too (2001) (USA)
Cerebro (2000)
Amores perros (2000) (as Gael Garcßa) .... Octavio
De tripas, corazón (1996) .... Martßn
"Abuelo y yo, El" (1992) TV Series .... Daniel
"Teresa" (1989) TV Series .... Peluche

Facts:

He's 5' 6" (1.68 m)

Studied acting in London.

Close friend of Diego Luna.

Son of Patricia Bernal and José Ángel Garcßa.

Was named one of "People en Español"'s 25 Most Beautiful 2002 (June 2002 Issue)

He can speak English, Italian, Spanish and French

Dated actress Natalie Portman (March 2003-May 2004)

So post away - i'm hoping i'm not the only Gael fan here!

Elena :rose: xxx.

Last edited by Frozen Petal; 12-07-2004 at 04:01 PM
Old 10-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

heyyy!

thanks for opening a thread!

i saw him the first time in y tu mama tambien and he was so gorgeous in it

i'm soo looking forward to see the motorcycle diaries and la mala educación!

Wish you were here....
Old 10-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Man, Gael was hot in Y tu mama también! I love that movie, it's amazing. It was weird coz I went to where it was filmed this summer (El Boca Del Cielo) Man, it's beautiful there.

I want to see La mala educación and Amores Perros so much, they both look amazing! I'm slightly scared to see El Crimen Del Padre Amaro! Looks terrifying, scandalous priests and all that!

The motorcycle Diaries is an AMAZING movie! You have got to see it! Seriously!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah i hope it's coming to our cinemas this winter. i saw a trailer and some pics and gael as che, what more can i ask for

have you seen any pedro almodovar movies so far? i don't know, but his way of film making is kinda strange, isn't it?

and just a little pic

Wish you were here....
Old 10-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Gael, Gael, Gael. I loved him in Y Tu Mama Tambien! Looking forward to seeing him in The Motorcycle Diaries.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi!!

I'm a devoted gael fan since i watched La mala educacion. I've seen "El crimen del padre amaro" "Y tu mama tambien" (which i strongly recommend you) and next weekend i'm going to see "diarios de motocicleta"

Bye,

Laura
Old 10-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

oh you are a lucky girl

how was la mala educación??

Wish you were here....
Old 10-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Extreme Fan

La Mala Educacion

Hi!!

I know i know i'm very lucky since I live in spain so I can see all his movies

I liked a lot "La mala educacion" altough I used to hate almodovar because i felt his movies were a bit vulgar, you know. La mala educacion mixes perfectly humour and mistery and the story is told in a clever way. And Gael is gorgeous!! I recommend you it

Bye,
Laura
Old 10-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Laura djer Man, you are so lucky! Here it's quite hard to find Gael's films, becuase England is so stupid about foreighn films. They take AGES to come out, and then only the really popular ones come here . You have to look for months to find his films!
Yeah, I know what you mean about Almodóvar, I used to feel the same. I saw 'Hable con ella', and I was like The male nurse sort of scared me... Yes, 'y tu mamá también' is an AMAZING film, I love it. I want to buy it! I hope that you like 'diarios d motociclista' - I thought that it was an amazing film. And Gael is amazing in it! And good-looking as well
Which part of Spain do you live in? And your English is so good!

P/A-rocks - Yeah, Almodóvar's films are strange, but also kind of amazing, you know? Have you see any of 'Alejandro Gonzáles Iñárritzu''s films? He is the one that did 'Amores Perros' and '21 grams'. 21 grams was so good, I am lookin for Amores Perros at the moment. His style is really interesting, you have to follow it quite closely.
And I LOVE that photo of Gael, I remember when my friend Gaby's sister Evy had it on her computer, we would go to her house, and stare at it for hourse Gael is so great in that film!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Joy
Extreme Fan

Hi I'm from Argentina. I watched La mala educacion the oher day. I Gael in Amores Perros, such a great movie, is higly recommended. Gael is Hot and beutiful , of course. You have to love him
Old 10-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Sassyjoy Holas! Y Bienvenida al (thread(?) Y sip, Gael es guap_simo! jajaja. lo amo, de verdad. ya c k no le conozco, pero... lo amo! jajaja. Y tmb es un actor buen_simo.

You know, sometimes I feel like the only English fan of Gael! My only other English friend who really knows him, is half Chileon! jajaja. But all of my other friends say 'yes, he's a good actor, but his films are all in Spanish. How can I sit and watch two hours of subtitled film?' I'm like... 'Have you SEEN Gael?!?' jajaja...

I guess maybe I do have the big advantage of speaking Spanish, becuase I don't really read the subtitles, so it's okay for me. But my other friends are missing out on so much! It's their problem though.

OMG, I just found out, my friend is going to see a play with him! In London in April! I AM SO JEALOUS! I want to see it soooo much, but there are no more tickets I nearly cried! jajaja.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Frozen petal: Wow! That's so unfair!!
About almodovar... I haven't seen the male nurse but he surely would scare me! Actually, "la mala educacion" is the only almodovar film I've seen entire. I do agree about "Diarios de Motocicleta". I've seen some pics from it and wow!! I was astonished

About me...I live in barcelona. Do you know where it is? Thanks for your compliment about my english
Old 10-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Extreme Fan

double post sorry
Old 10-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Laura djer

Frozen petal: Wow! That's so unfair!!
About almodovar... I haven't seen the male nurse but he surely would scare me! Actually, "la mala educacion" is the only almodovar film I've seen entire. I do agree about "Diarios de Motocicleta". I've seen some pics from it and wow!! I was astonished

About me...I live in barcelona. Do you know where it is? Thanks for your compliment about my english
Ya c! Pero personas aki... son locos.
Las pelis de Almodóvar son tan buenas, pero múy extraña. A veces, es múy dific_l para m_ a entiender todas las ideas, pero su manera de haciendo peliculas es múy bonita. Y si, el enfermero es múy... jajaja. Kiero a ver Muxisimo 'La mala educación', y no solamente xq Gael es el actor principal! (actor principal?? )
Mañana voy a ver 'Diarios de Motocicleta' otra vez, con mi amiga. (La sola persona inglesa q conozco a ver esa peli! Y sip, Gael, como siempre...
Barcelona??? Q bonita! Sip, conozco Barcelona, fu_ x all_... un año antés? Me encanta, es una ciudad múy bonita, y las gentes son múy sympaticas. Pienso q voy all_ x mi próxima vacación, en verano. Xq tengo muxos amigos d all_.
Ps... espero q me entiendes, y q mi español no es tan mal....
saludos,
Elena:rose:xxx.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Extreme Fan

ELENA: tu español es muy bueno, donde lo aprendiste?
Si si Gael es el actor principal de la mala educacion junto con Fele Mart_nez y sale guapisimo... y no te asustes cuando lo veas vestido de mujer! Por cierto como las ven las pel_culas de Gael all_, dobladas o subtituladas?

Ayer fui a ver "Diarios de Motocicleta" y me encantó!! La pel_cula es preciosa, los lugares bellisimos y gael esta extraordinario! Hace una interpretacion magn_fica y esta más guapo que nunca! Creo q es la pelicula en que lo he visto más guapo

Me alegra que te guste barcelona, a mi me encanta vivir en ella Donde vives tu?

Besos

Laura
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top