Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Gael García Bernal #2 - "I believe fervently in the nature, in truth and imagination, I believe in the blood, in life, words, and motivations."

Gael García Bernal Appreciation #2

X

X

Biography

Gael García Bernal was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, to Patricia Bernal, an actress and model, and José Ángel García, an actor and director. His stepfather is cinematographer Sergio Yazbek. García Bernal began his acting career as a child, working with his parents in a variety of plays. When he was fourteen, he starred in a soap opera called El abuelo y yo (1992). He appeared in film school exercises and short films, including De tripas, corazón (1996), directed by Antonio Urrutia, which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Short Film, and El ojo en la nuca (2001), a short film directed by Rodrigo Plá. García Bernal studied acting in the Central School of Speech and Drama in London. Amores Perros (2000) was his first major feature film, followed by Y Tu Mamá También (2001), directed by Alfonso Cuarón and photographed by Emmanuel Lubezki.

Gael García Bernal is one of the great actors of today, recently gaining critical acclaim and a Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for his role in Mozart in the Jungle in 2016. Amazon's hit web series also won a Golden Globe for Best Comedy Series. In 2017, García Bernal received another Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for his role in the second season. Having worked as an actor since childhood in Mexico, García Bernal made his feature film debut in Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu's Academy Award nominated Amores Perros, which earned him a Silver Ariel Award (Mexico's equivalent of the Oscar) as well as a Silver Hugo Award at the Chicago International Film Festival, both as Best Actor. García Bernal has starred in countless films including the globally celebrated feature, Alfonso Cuarón's Academy Award nominated Y Tu Mamá También and The Motorcycle Diaries. García Bernal received a BAFTA and Satellite Award nomination in 2005 for Best Actor for his work in the latter. In 2006, García Bernal was recognized by BAFTA again with a nomination in the Rising Star category, acknowledging new talent in the acting industry. Other credits include Rosewater, El Ardor, Desierto, and Neruda. García Bernal earned Best Actor in a Foreign Language Film for his role in Neruda at the Palm Springs Film Festival. The film was also nominated for a 2017 Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture - Foreign Language. Most recently, García Bernal lent his voice to the Pixar animated feature Coco, which was released in November 2017 and wrapped production on the film The Kindergarten Teacher, premiering at Sundance in 2018. He is currently directing his second feature film, Chicuarotes.

X

X

X

X

Links
[Filmography]
[Instagram]
[Twitter]
[Daily Gael García Bernal]

Previous Threads:
{1}

Last edited by LightYears; 10-08-2018 at 09:13 PM
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the new thread and the updates.

I watched Coco the other day. I didn't even realize that was his voice in it until the credits. It was a wonderful movie.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:02 PM
Addicted Fan

my favorite film with him in it was the science of sleep

he actually gets a chance to 'act' a bit (have a bit of fun) in that film, most of his films hes playing serious

Or and i saw blindness the other day, and he just appears out of nowhere in the middle of the film, i didnt even know he was in it

Old 10-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I discovered Gael Garcia Bernal in Coco and didn't know that Hector's voice belonged to him because Hector was my favorite character in Coco and Gael Garcia Bernal was the perfect actor to voice Hector because he brought humor to Hector. I didn't know Gael was in so many movies and many girls think he's cute. I think I would like to see more of Gael Garcia Bernal's movies because they sound like cool movies and to see him in roles beyond Hector
Amapola
LaAmapola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAmapola (View Post)
I discovered Gael Garcia Bernal in Coco and didn't know that Hector's voice belonged to him because Hector was my favorite character in Coco and Gael Garcia Bernal was the perfect actor to voice Hector because he brought humor to Hector. I didn't know Gael was in so many movies and many girls think he's cute. I think I would like to see more of Gael Garcia Bernal's movies because they sound like cool movies and to see him in roles beyond Hector
Amapola
his best films
amores perros
the motorcycle diaries
babel
the loneliest planet
y tu mama tambien

hes also the main guy on amazon prime's Mozart in the Jungle
Old 10-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

I forgot he was in Blindness. Y Tu Mama Tambien is where I most know him from. That was a great movie. I'll have to check out The Science of Sleep.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
I forgot he was in Blindness. Y Tu Mama Tambien is where I most know him from. That was a great movie. I'll have to check out The Science of Sleep.
in his whole body of work, hes done 2 films where hes had a chance to 'play around'/ have a little bit of fun in front of the camera. Those are The Science of Sleep, and the amazon prime series Mozart in the Jungle

All his films (motorcycle diaries, y tu mama tambien, the king, the loneliest planet, amores perros, babel) are pretty dark and serious

*sighs* He needs to take a break from all that hard work dedicated to entertaining us ->

Old 10-11-2018, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
Thank you for the new thread and the updates.

I watched Coco the other day. I didn't even realize that was his voice in it until the credits. It was a wonderful movie.
I recently saw that
I'm not familiair with him but I do remember the movie! which voice did he do?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

He does tend to do very heavy movies so I'll really have to look for his lighter stuff.

That gif is cute.

Karen, he played Héctor.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Variety Portrait Studio at the Toronto Film Festival [PHOTOS] - Variety

Mexico’s Alonso Ruizpalacios on ‘Museo,’ Francois Truffaut, Play - Variety

Quote:
All the casts from #TIFF18 films, including familiar faces Jamie Lee Curtis, Alexander Skarsgard and Barry Jenkins are coming through the #VarietyStudio presented by @att #ATTVIP (📷: Michelle Quance/Variety)
Slide to the last pic.

Quote:
#fbf for all my Latin friends to the feature film I did with @gaelgarciab
We shot our scene in Corpus Christi onboard the USS Lexington. He and I got done shooting & jumped in a van to go back to our trailers. When we got to the bottom of the pier the van was swamped with a hundred or so young Latin ladies going crazy
I said "man...I didn't know I was this popular!" which of course was some funny **** to Gael. Awesome guy, great actor/director: Y Tu Mamá También, The Motorcycle Diaries, and Amores Perros
#gaelgarciabernal #theking #fromsealeveltoclevel #fightson #fighterpilot #wingsofgold #navalaviator #topgun #topgunoptions #flynavy #wingsofgold #fullthrottle #f18 #f18hornet #navalaviator #sag #actor #actorlife #planethollywood #actors #motorcyclediaries #amoresperros #ytumamatambien #usslexington #hollywood #gaelgarcíabernal #gaelgarcia #latin

Old 11-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the update. He looks great.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Old 08-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that.