Old 09-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not hating (sorry if it seemed like that), I was just saying MO

Laura|
Old 09-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A Buffy & Spike dreamer
I think everyone should just leave the hating. I mean, i know its just discussing, but this is only a game, and its less fun with all this...

Just my opinion.
I'm not hating, but from my perspective is uneblieveably unfun to have Rachel Bilson slaughtering much more worthy competition.

I didn't think this was about personal taste, I thought we were supposed to think objectively about who was the least worthy actress and vote her off. I will never understand how a 6 minute short film and a couple of seasons of a teen show put you ahead of actresses of the calibre of Reese, Nicole and Kate.

It just doesn't make sense and as has been pointed out, I think it's pretty clear the voting has become entirely subjective. People aren't not-voting for Rachel because they think she's the better actress in the bunch, but rather because they love her and her character on the OC and they think she's very pretty and awesome in that role.

That's just my opinion.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Elite Fan

I've personally been voting based on who I would rather watch onscreen. Talent, looks, charisma, the whole package. And I find I'd prefer watching Rachel over Reese. So I think that's fair. Talent and personal preference are very subjective. That's what makes the game less than predictable.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 09-07-2004, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

I see a lot of you are comparing Rachel to the likes of Nicole etc., and that's not really fair. These ladies are all top celebs and actresses. It's not right to say how you can't understand how people like Rachel Bilson lasted longer than Nicole. They are both great, but in the end it's who's got the most votes that goes. So, to say how you can't understand such and such is pointless. It's their vote, their opinion. In their eyes, Rach may appear better than Nicole. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

There is no one way to vote for this. It's each voters personal opinion, with a differnt criteria. No one is to say how or who people should vote for.

I love Rachel Bilson. Not Summer, not her character in The OC or Unbroken, I admire, respect, and adore her as an actress. I love the way she carries OUT the performance, not the character itself. And I am not the only one. There are more fans out there than you are obviously unaware of, because pressuming we love her because of a role or because he is pretty is totally untrue. It's the actress, and how good a job she does at acting. I believe Rachel is one of the best female celebrities. I don't appreciate you asying people aren't voting for her because "she's pretty". It doesn't matter how many projects she has done, the fact is that obviously a lot of people appreciate her acting skills.

So my vote goes to Reese Witherspoon. Don't say "I don't understand how Rachel's lasted so long..." or whatever cause its my opinion. It's my vote. It's not up to others to say WHY we're voting for her, and how stupid it is she's lasted this long.

Now, can we just all carry on with voting who we WANT to win this? It should be everyone's own opinion, I don't think people who are obviously unhappy with the result should complain and try to read into things more.

Last edited by spent cigarette; 09-07-2004 at 06:52 AM
Old 09-07-2004, 06:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JacquiJack
I see a lot of you are comparing Rachel to the likes of Nicole etc., and that's not really fair. These ladies are all top celebs and actresses. It's not right to say how you can't understand how people like Rachel Bilson lasted longer than Nicole. They are both great, but in the end it's who's got the most votes that goes. So, to say how you can't understand such and such is pointless. It's their vote, their opinion. In their eyes, Rach may appear better than Nicole. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

There is no one way to vote for this. It's each voters personal opinion, with a differnt criteria. No one is to say how or who people should vote for.

I love Rachel Bilson. Not Summer, not her character in The OC or Unbroken, I admire, respect, and adore her as an actress. I love the way she carries OUT the performance, not the character itself. And I am not the only one. There are more fans out there than you are obviously aware of, because pressuming we love her because of a role is totally untrue. It's the actress. I believe Rachel is one of the best female celebrities.

So my vote goes to Reese Witherspoon. Don't say "I don't understand how Rachel's lasted so long..." or whatever cause its my opinion. It's my vote. It's not up to others to say WHY we're voting for her, and how stupid it is she's lasted this long.

Now, can we just all carry on with voting who we WANT to win this? It should be everyone's own opinion, I don't think people who are obviously unhappy with the result should complain and try to read into things more.
I don't agree with anything you've said unfortunately. It is not all in the eye of the beholder - I am a firm believer that there are objective standards.

I find it objectively speaking, as a matter of universal truth unreasonable to say someone like Rachel, who has done a six minute short movie and a couple of seasons of a teen show can possibly be considered in the same league as someone like Nicole Kidman and her body of work behind her (for the record, I'm not a Nicole fan )

That's why I was so perplexed by the way the votes were turning out. I'm not any more though, as it has become clear that we aren't supposed to judge purely on acting talent + body of work but simply on who we like best.

Since that's the case, I find the survivor thing a bit pointless - we already know who's popular and who's not. We already know Rachel is loved and adored - eg. she has her own board here.

Anyway I know I'll be argued with further, but it might be better if people don't bother to respond and we just drop the matter. I know full well I'm not going to get much support around here, for obvious reasons, and I'm sure as heck not going to change my opinion

Can we move onto the next round early..? Or just skip to Rachel v Angelina? Just kidding
Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no, love, you have support. Just read this page. But I'm just not liking how people keep on bringing up how Rachel lasted longer than Nicole, Kate etc.

To me, it's like your saying the person who has been here longer should last. But being around for so long is not an indicator for talent.

It's sounding as if some people are discrimating a few actresses simply because they haven't been around as long, which to me is stupid. There are a lot of newcomers who are by FAR better actresses than others who have been in the industry for years.

I understand you like other female celebs more than Rachel - which is totally fine. But to keep on REPEATEDLY saying how you don't uderstand how she's survived isn't right. It's not up to you to say that eg. Reese is better than Rachel. Because that is your opinion. It is NOT fact. To keep on saying how she should not be considered worthy here is your opinion too. But obviously people think differently, and I think people should just stop questioning this.

But I agree with you - I think this discussion should stop here. Let the voting continue - and whatever happens, happens.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

:::moving aside from all this ::::

Angelina Jolie.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 09-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JacquiJack

To me, it's like your saying the person who has been here longer should last. But being around for so long is not an indicator for talent.

It's sounding as if some people are discrimating a few actresses simply because they haven't been around as long, which to me is stupid. There are a lot of newcomers who are by FAR better actresses than others who have been in the industry for years.

I guess that's the main area where we differ - I think it's a very relevant factor that an actress has proved that they are versatile and durable, so yeah, it will always be harder for actresses with extremely small bodies of work to get my vote (or non-vote as the case may be )

I agree that there are sometimes newcomers who are far better actresses than others who have been in the industry for years, although I think it's extremely rare and the problem is that you can't actually really tell for sure how good they are until they've proved themselves in a wide variety of roles

Anyhoo, just so we're clear I have nothing against Rachel Bilson, I actually quite like her I started to feel like I was giving the wrong impression on that

Oh and I'm also wondering what the hell Dushku is still doing on the list personally - I'm a huge fan but I don't think she's that great an actress
Old 09-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Angelina Jolie

Quote:
I love Rachel Bilson. Not Summer, not her character in The OC or Unbroken, I admire, respect, and adore her as an actress. I love the way she carries OUT the performance, not the character itself. And I am not the only one. There are more fans out there than you are obviously unaware of, because pressuming we love her because of a role or because he is pretty is totally untrue. It's the actress, and how good a job she does at acting. I believe Rachel is one of the best female celebrities. I don't appreciate you asying people aren't voting for her because "she's pretty". It doesn't matter how many projects she has done, the fact is that obviously a lot of people appreciate her acting skills.
I think that other than that, you can't appreciate that much her skills if she has only participated in two projects. I haven't seen unbroken, but I have seen The OC, and eventhough I believe she does a great job, that performance doesn't make her the best actress of the world. Because until you don't see a whole lot more of performances you never know the real skills of an actor.

That's just my opinion, for instance, people believes Halley Berry is an amazing actress, and I believed the same when I saw Monster's ball but it was a big mistake. Because I only judged her for that performance, and once I saw other works, like Gothica and so, I realised she wasn't what I thought.

I'm not saying, neither, that this is about how much an actress has been around, because I don't think that just because someone has been 10 years in this industry and another one only 3, that makes the first one better. But I really think that with only two projects you can't appreciate completly the skills of an actor.(And I am aware everyone has their own opinions about the acting...etc).

It's not that the Reese issue concernes me at all, because I believe so much better actresses have been kicked out of that list, but I'm just giving my two cents. And I do like Rachel Bilson, I'm liking her everyday more.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 09-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Rachel Bilson
Old 09-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Total Fan

Round 42 is now over!

Thanks for the votes everyone, and please remember that this is just a game. There's no need to be upsetting over it!

Results after the 42nd round:

Reese Witherspoon - 14 votes
Rachel Bilson - 8 votes
Eliza Dushku - 5 votes
Angelina Jolie - 4 votes

Reese Witherspoon is out with 14 votes against her in the last round and 26 votes in total!

Next round! And remember: you vote for the one you least appreciate as an actress and you can only vote ONE TIME in each round!

1) Angelina Jolie
2) Eliza Dushku
3) Rachel Bilson

Eliminated so far:

~ Miranda Otto (6 votes in total)
~ Delta Goodrem (11 votes in total)
~ Michelle Trachtenberg (11 votes in total)
~ Meredith Monroe (5 votes in total)
~ Kirsten Dunst (11 votes in total)
~ Shiri Appleby (16 votes in total)
~ Amanda Bynes (12 votes in total)
~ Jennie Garth (8 votes in total)
~ Leslie Bibb (11 votes in total)
~ Majandra Delfino (29 votes in total)
~ Shannen Doherty (20 votes in total)
~ Carly Pope (11 votes in total)
~ Mary-Kate Olsen (5 votes in total)
~ Keira Knightley (6 votes in total)
~ Ashley Olsen (7 votes in total)
~ Alyson Hannigan (25 votes in total)
~ Emilie de Ravin (6 votes in total)
~ Lauren Graham (5 votes in total)
~ Brittany Murphy (31 votes in total)
~ Jessica Alba (14 votes in total)
~ Neve Campbell (15 votes in total)
~ Charisma Carpenter (25 votes in total)
~ Natalie Portman (8 votes in total)
~ Kate Bosworth (24 votes in total)
~ Elisha Cuthbert (13 votes in total)
~ Aaliyah (12 votes in total)
~ Katherine Heigl (5 votes in total)
~ Alicia Silverstone (14 votes in total)
~ Liv Tyler (35 votes in total)
~ Linda Cardellini (14 votes in total)
~ Katie Holmes (57 votes in total)
~ Mandy Moore (22 votes in total)
~ Julia Stiles (12 votes in total)
~ Julia Roberts (23 votes in total)
~ Sarah Michelle Gellar (13 votes in total)
~ Drew Barrymore (16 votes in total)
~ Evan Rachel Wood (29 votes in total)
~ Jennifer Garner (43 votes in total)
~ Sandra Bullock (26 votes in total)
~ Nicole Kidman (29 votes in total)
~ Kate Hudson (33 votes in total)
~ Reese Witherspoon (26 votes in total)
Old 09-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

oops
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 09-07-2004 at 03:44 PM
Old 09-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Total Fan

new thread
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top