Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 04:53 AM
New Fan

Do you think your celebrity influenced you? #1

There is no doubt that celebrities will have some influences on fans either through the internet or in the everyday life. Do you think they are positive or negative? Just say something you want.
(This is an assignment for my lesson project, no matter what you say, thanks for your words and time!)

Last edited by Pasadora; 06-16-2012 at 07:23 AM
Old 06-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Sophie! Welcome.

I was looking through our other question threads but your question didn't fit into either category, that's why I decided to leave this thread open. It could lead to some nice discussion. I hope people are participating.

So, for me, some of my celebs definitely had influence on me. The most important one was definitely Angie.. and her humanitarian work. She made me look at things differently.. to not take anything for granted in life. She tries to make people see what's going on in pther countries and I think that's amazing. Because, let's face it, most of us are looking the other way when it's not right in front of us. Her UNHCR work is truly inspiring.

I might come up with some more later, when I had time to think about it more.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Great answer, Susi!

Of course, I also adore Angelina Jolie, but my number one influence is definitely Eminem. I first learned how to get past bullcrap by caring about nothing but my own goals and dreams because of him. Ever since I was 13 when I seriously started to listen to his songs and then saw "8 Mile" that's when it really settled in for me that I would look up to him, and I've stuck with him throughout the years because he continues to be awesome and inspirational. Even in the times when he himself was at an all-time low, I just had confidence that he would surely make it back, and sure enough, he did. Proving once again that he's a true winner and a great inspiration, and I will never forget him as a great example to follow. Obviously not in the behavioral and drug issues, but definitely in the way he combines great talent with drive and motivation. I hope to accomplish as much as he's been able to, but if I get only a fraction, I'll surely feel just as successful.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 12-12-2015, 01:06 AM
Elite Fan

Hugh Jackman and his wife, Deborra-Lee. I met them both (more than once) and they are such good, kind, caring, humble, honest, classy people. Words can't even describe how my life has changed after becoming extremely inspired by this profound spiritual interview where Hugh talked about his faith, love, forgiveness, honesty, opening your heart, and he is the epitome of what a strong spiritual family man is supposed to be. He seems like such a good father. He and his wife are also humanitarians and do it mostly without media involvement. They've been doing volunteer work since before they were famous. Hugh started at 8-years-old. This man does something kind for others literally every day. On top of that, he is so eclectic and talented: acts incredibly well (Les Miserables, The Fountain, Prisoners, The Prestige). I saw him act on Broadway from the front row and he was incredible. He sings and dances, is an incredible business man and philanthropist, and even plays the piano and violin! He's even a good writer and extremely athletic even at 47 and he works so hard. I have never heard any actor praised so significantly as a person by his peers and fans alike. He has the same best friend since kindergarten. The same personal trainer since before he was famous. He and Deb have been married happily for nearly 20 years. And Hugh wears his heart on his sleeve. He allows himself to be so vulnerable on stage. He has overcome difficulties in his life and handles them with such optimism. And he is so loving and compassionate. Words can't describe what Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee, who is a beautiful, strong woman and a true humanitarian full-time now ... Words can't describe what they mean to me. Because of them, I'm finally pursuing my dreams and have strengthened my spiritual life and commitment to serving others.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 01-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

most celebrities influence me, in a way that they keep my spirits up and the 'American dream' alive. I get new drives and goals. Sometimes just a vague plan to meet them, but it keeps me up.