Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2004, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

Rach, totally love your avatar.

Kat, thanks! I couldn't really come up with anything else.
Hmmm, maybe I should spend more time watch the DVD next term holidays. The thing I am afraid is that I'll start capping and then making a dozen or more icons/avatars and go mad.
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just that I've been gearing myself up to her release in the US and it's been soo long. And do we really know if she's actually been cleared of cancer? I feel like I'm missing something. It's probably best that she take as slow as possible.
The votes at Delta Request thread should say something about her break into the US.

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 07-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello,

I haven't been other here in ages.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but over at WireImage there are some pics of Delta and Mark and the Logies and Delta at the ARIA's and also a pic of her Mark and Gavin Rossdale (Gwen Stefani's hubby)
Old 07-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish there was something new..Like a song or an appearance. (I know she's busy trying to break o/s markets but) It's so boring on the Delta front..
Old 07-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roxygurl

Kat, thanks! I couldn't really come up with anything else.
Hmmm, maybe I should spend more time watch the DVD next term holidays. The thing I am afraid is that I'll start capping and then making a dozen or more icons/avatars and go mad.
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just that I've been gearing myself up to her release in the US and it's been soo long. And do we really know if she's actually been cleared of cancer? I feel like I'm missing something. It's probably best that she take as slow as possible.
The votes at Delta Request thread should say something about her break into the US.
Well it was a mighty good off-the-top-of-your-head effort, Rox!
I understand your fear. I'm the same way. Every time I watch it, I see new parts I wanna cap and avify.
Me too. It's hard to be patient. I think she's as cleared as she can be. I doubt she'd be back into the work, if her doctors and parents weren't as sure as they could be that she was fit enough to take it on.
Yes! We'll be keeping our eyes fixed on that as a sure indicator. It was great to see so many Canadians voting last month.

Welcome back to the thread, Bel! Thanks for the link too! I checked the pics out - very pretty. Lots I hadn't seen.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 07-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roxygurl
Rach, totally love your avatar.
Thanks I think that might be my totally favourite Delta pic ever

I downloaded the dance version of Born To Try last night to see what it was like ... it was weird! I was just checking WinMX to see if they had any demos or cover versions or anything that I hadn't heard.

Other than that, they didn't *sniff*

We need new Delta!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
I downloaded the dance version of Born To Try last night to see what it was like ... it was weird!
Oh I love that! I've been playing it a lot recently! I love the part near the middle/end where it slows down when she sings "all that you see is me..".
Old 07-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

Dance version? I should really check it out, but I can't download it. Is it for sale? Or is it like not on release?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben: it's the 2nd track on the Born To Try single.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

Awww I don't buy singles. I suppose I must be missing out on a lot of B-Sides.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben
You really are. She got an unreleased song on pretty much every single that's been out.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
Oh I love that! I've been playing it a lot recently! I love the part near the middle/end where it slows down when she sings "all that you see is me..".
Then it pitches up super fast and high at the next "born to tryyyy".

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Samples of all the B-sides are available under the audio & video section at the official site. My personal favourites are the "Here I Am (Piano/cello version)" [Predictable single] and "Hear Me Calling" [Innocent Eyes].

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 07-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

ITA with your points regarding Delta's exhaustable list of accomplishments, and her need to take timeout at her age, LaraCroft01. It's just ridiculous that Jory would fail to realise any of what she's achieved and deserves during this past year of rehabilitation.

Thanks for you PM. You have a return one!

Haha, you don't waste time getting the word out, do you?

Aww, that's so nice to hear. I love hearing how excited people get about visiting our "natural wonders". About as excited as I get about visiting places like Niagra Falls, really. My grandfather proposed to my gran there, actually!

I'm glad to hear that! I think it's pretty too, and I definitely feel fortunate to live here. I've heard wonderful things about Vancouver aswell.

It's so adorable that you adore IE so much!

You're most welcome! Yes, they're selling both the DVD ("Delta") and the limited edition CD/DVD pack here. I'm disappointed the "Delta" DVD isn't available for purchase on the site too. But yes, you can definitely purchase the CD/DVD pack online with international shipping. I'll keep looking into DVD sites to see if I can find a DVD site that offers "Delta" for international purchase too.
It's like Jory thought "how could I conjure up publicity and look really stupid at the same time?" Delta has worked really hard, otherwise she would have been able to get the success she has gotten at a young age. She totally deserves to have time off!

No I didn't waste time cause the world needs to know! :tongue:

You're grandfather proposed to your grandmother at Niagra Falls? That is SO cute!

Melbourne looks just way to cool for words! I can't wait until I visit there, whenever that is! What did you hear about Vancouver? I feel very lucky to be here, it's such a lovely city!

Thanks I love IE a little to much - I need to listen to more of her songs but I always play that one and them I'm stuck on it!

That is so nice of you to check other sites to see if they are selling the DVD! Thanks so much!

Thanks for all the information regarding Delta, I know where to go to for all things Delta!

You're welcome for adding the info to the opening post so soon! It was my pleasure!
Old 07-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This person either got some pals to bump their auction up or bidders are seriously stupid/dedicated these days:

eBay auction..click!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
This person either got some pals to bump their auction up or bidders are seriously stupid/dedicated these days:

eBay auction..click!
OMG thats just insane... gosh if you want the song that bad just download it.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Samples of all the B-sides are available under the audio & video section at the official site. My personal favourites are the "Here I Am (Piano/cello version)" [Predictable single] and "Hear Me Calling" [Innocent Eyes].
I usually go into the shops and look at the singles, and then only buy them if they have songs that aren't on the album (like the two above). If they just have remixes, then I don't bother *g*

And that single on Ebay ... is ridiculous. Although I didn't know I Don't Care was ever on Neighbours!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top