Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 05:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Ellie & Susie ~ So, despite votes and ongoing support that's voiced or shown on the request threads, is secondary to whatever posters with mod status say goes? I've been voicing my support ever since starting the thread and after speaking with Johnny, I was informed that the thread is our basis for getting the board.
We, the mods, have been told several times that the vote count isn't most important when it comes down to choosing the additions. The support is definitely a big help, so we should keep going with it as much as we can. Only that way we'll get the board.

Just because..

Old 05-24-2004, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Ellie & Susie ~ So, despite votes and ongoing support that's voiced or shown on the request threads, is secondary to whatever posters with mod status say goes? I've been voicing my support ever since starting the thread and after speaking with Johnny, I was informed that the thread is our basis for getting the board.
[/B]
No, Johnnie is right..they do look closely at the request boards to see how things are going and to guage the support that whatever board it is might receive. But sometimes they do ask for opinions when deciding on what boards to add and when as sometimes they need to jump on something while it's hot, especially with the case of tv shoes and Susie just wants to get some thoughts from other people, so that if it happens again, we can put forth suggestions and reasons for a Delta board.

I really hope that you don't feel we're stepping on any toes, because that isn't the case at all. I do apologise for that, I'd feel bad if I did that. You and the others are doing an awesome job at the request thread and it's great to see so many votes!

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

Hee, Ellie..next time..you and about 82187581752 other people who want to meet her!
I will wait in line for a month if I have to, just to say hello and give her a hug!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:37 AM
Supreme Fan

<--- that'd be me at a Delta concert
Old 05-24-2004, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, looking at the caption of the pic..She doesn't look like she has innocent eyes. She has wise eyes now. Woo, next album title perhaps? Kidding. lol.

I'll try to find some images from signings for DD tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You know, looking at the caption of the pic..She doesn't look like she has innocent eyes. She has wise eyes now. Woo, next album title perhaps? Kidding. lol.

I'll try to find some images from signings for DD tomorrow.
Hee, wise eyes, cute! But yeah, she does look more wister now, I guess..and I suppose that comes with everything she's been through.

Aww, thanks!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you want pictures from [V]? It's on the dvd so I dunno..?
Old 05-24-2004, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey everyone! Thanks for the new thread

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
No, Johnnie is right..they do look closely at the request boards to see how things are going and to guage the support that whatever board it is might receive. But sometimes they do ask for opinions when deciding on what boards to add
Hmm..interesting. I was wondering how the Request thing worked...I'd love to see a Dido board again but who knows...seeing as one already closed down they might not be so keen to have another one.

Hopefully Delta and Dido will both get one soon

Kat | icon |
Old 05-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If they're dvd things, then no..I'm planning on capping the performances sometime soon, possibly this week. But thank you!

Quote:
Originally posted by -Kat-
Hmm..interesting. I was wondering how the Request thing worked...I'd love to see a Dido board again but who knows...seeing as one already closed down they might not be so keen to have another one.

Hopefully Delta and Dido will both get one soon
Votes do play up the main part in deciding boards, but sometimes opiniosn are asked and considered, esp for new shows, since by the time get the number of votes wanted, the show has been on a long times. I don't want this to sound like the requests are useless, which i feel a bit like it is sounding. But that's not the case at all. The request threads are a vital tool in deciding what will be added next.

Gosh, the Dido board..I remember when that opened, seems like sooo long ago!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Heh, I have plenty more HQ pictures of that one. I still have over a 100MB worth of pictures to add
Old 05-24-2004, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so that rules that out..I'll still try to find my ones from after [V]..lol.

I really cannot believe I just stood there scuffing my shoe in the dirt in a ho hum mood, waiting for her to get to me so I could get a picture/autograph.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I really cannot believe I just stood there scuffing my shoe in the dirt in a ho hum mood, waiting for her to get to me so I could get a picture/autograph.

You did? Awww Did you manage to get a picture or autograph?
Old 05-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah to both. I just didn't want to be all screamyfangirlish, plus she was moving through the line of people waiting in an orderly fashion so I guess that's okay that I just stood there. Plus I was slightly miffed because I had no film (thank god for some dgforum girl + her digicam )

I'm so glad I waited. It was freakin FREEZING and I thought of leaving about 3 times before she finally came outside.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah to both. I just didn't want to be all screamyfangirlish, plus she was moving through the line of people waiting in an orderly fashion so I guess that's okay that I just stood there. Plus I was slightly miffed because I had no film (thank god for some dgforum girl + her digicam )

I'm so glad I waited. It was freakin FREEZING and I thought of leaving about 3 times before she finally came outside.
Hehe, that's fair enough, and it's great that she was moving through all the people! She's really a sweetie!

And sooo good that you waited too!
Old 05-24-2004, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
No, Johnnie is right..they do look closely at the request boards to see how things are going and to guage the support that whatever board it is might receive. But sometimes they do ask for opinions when deciding on what boards to add and when as sometimes they need to jump on something while it's hot, especially with the case of tv shoes and Susie just wants to get some thoughts from other people, so that if it happens again, we can put forth suggestions and reasons for a Delta board.

I really hope that you don't feel we're stepping on any toes, because that isn't the case at all. I'd feel bad if I did that. You and the others are doing an awesome job at the request thread and it's great to see so many boards.

I see. Well, I really wish it were made clearer to everyone and not just the current mods, 'cause I feel like a lot of us long time fans, who have campaigned long and hard for this board, are being told different things and basically being left in the dark. I don't have any bones to pick with anyone, I just don't feel it's entirely fair that mods always hold priveliged positions when it comes to getting the go-ahead for new boards, just like that, while others do what they're told to do and stick it out for ages.

I appreciate that you can appreciate what some of the others including myself have been doing, Ellie. I don't wanna sound all up on my high horse. I know you and Susie are working hard too, I just wanted you guys to be clear that this has been a long-running campaign by which many of us have been trying similar things to what Susie is suggesting, for ages. If you guys were to put this forward and have it work straight away - well it'd be great. But it's just a little disheartening to those of us who tried before, weren't listened to because we're not mods. I also realise that you guys are asking for our feedback and all, it's just not the same though when you feel like all the things you've been putting forward have gone unnoticed, and will only be noticed if and when the mod stigma is attached.

I apologise if I'm sounding bitchy tonight. It's not my intention. All I want is fairness all round. I felt it was the right time to voice this 'cause I'm really passionate about getting this board too. As I said, my opinion means diddly squat as long as the majority agree with you guys and are willing to put their contributions forward. I feel I've voiced mine countless times already, but to no avail. Anyway, best of luck this time.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 05-24-2004, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I see. Well, I really wish it were made clearer to everyone and not just the current mods, 'cause I feel like a lot of us long time fans, who have campaigned long and hard for this board, are being told different things and basically being left in the dark. I don't have any bones to pick with anyone, I just don't feel it's entirely fair that mods always hold priveliged positions when it comes to getting the go-ahead for new boards, just like that, while others do what they're told to do and stick it out for ages.

I appreciate that you can appreciate what some of the others including myself have been doing, Ellie. I don't wanna sound all up on my high horse. I know you and Susie are working hard too, I just wanted you guys to be clear that this has been a long-running campaign by which many of us have been trying similar things to what Susie is suggesting, for ages. If you guys were to put this forward and have it work straight away - well it'd be great. But it's just a little disheartening to those of us who tried before, weren't listened to because we're not mods. I also realise that you guys are asking for our feedback and all, it's just not the same though when you feel like all the things you've been putting forward have gone unnoticed, and will only be noticed if and when the mod stigma is attached.

I apologise if I'm sounding bitchy tonight. It's not my intention. All I want is fairness all round. I felt it was the right time to voice this 'cause I'm really passionate about getting this board too. As I said, my opinion means diddly squat as long as the majority agree with you guys and are willing to put their contributions forward. I feel I've voiced mine countless times already, but to no avail. Anyway, best of luck this time.
I have to make it clear that mods don't get a priveleged position in regards what boards make it. That's not the case at all. Mods are just asked for what they see is active around the place and what works because sometimes admins just don't have the time to visit all the boards and see what's going on and what threads are the most active and are not. It's definitely *not* a case of getting boards because there is a mod title under our names, because even our suggestions are knocked back if for some reasons the admins think it's not feasible. It's not a case of a mod saying 'I want this board' and it happens.

I know you guys have worked long and hard to get the number of votes..I know what it's like, I was around in the campaign for the ER board days and that took a lot of work and I really do appreciate the work you've all done for Delta at the request thread. And I do understand how this suggestion for some thoughts can seem a bit unfair and I know it would suck for me if I were in your shoes and some mod came along and said, 'let's get this board' and it happened. But that's not quite the way it works here and I am sorry if it came across that way.

I didn't mean to come steal your thunder or anything like that, I know you've been at this thread and campaigning hard for this and I'm sorry for any hurt feelings or if you might be upset. I really do apologise for that.

So, I'm just going to leave it at that..I know one day all your hard work will pay off and fingers crossed that it happens soon.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top