Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

hi guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
I'm a huge Colin Firth fan, I love everything he's been in. Can't wait for Bridget Jones sequel because Colin's actually in the book, it should be interesting to see if he plays himself and Mark in the movie.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Who doesn't love Mr Darcy indeed, P & P or BJD version because he's fabulous in both. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love that pic posted above, at Bridge's birthday party, I always crack up laughing when he says "This really is the most incredible *****" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And I love the fact that he ad-libbed it himself, Sharon Maguire, the director, said so on the DVD commentary. (which I also love) She also said that the vulgar poem that Daniel was reciting in the lake to Bridget was actually made up by Colin and used by Hugh. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Nadene, it is criminal that you haven't seem BBC's P & P! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] It's the best, go rent it now! I dare you not to blush at the lake scene! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And oh, the end. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] How I truly heart that mini-series.

Now, about his role in Edge Of Reason. That's one of my fave books ever and I'm so thrilled that it's being made into a movie and I can't wait to see Colin as Mark Darcy again. Regarding Colin as himself in the movie, I've read somewhere that the scene will be scrapped completely from the movie because they thought it would be too confusing for viewers who haven't read the book. I think it's a shame because that is one of the funniest moments in the book. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Bridget: What's your favourite colour?
Colin: Um...you asked that already. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I love the way she just goes on about his role of Mr. Darcy and that she tried to explain the term "*****wittage" to him. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw Love actually today and awww Colin was so sweet in that film and of course v.sexy!!! He was so good as Jamie! I liked him and his girl in the water trying to get the pages of his book. Yummy he was all wet!
As for the edge of reason, i can't believe they are going to scrap that scene but it would confuse ppl and you can't really have an actor play himself and another character in the same movie. I heard they would put another famous actor instead in that scene.

Shipper of: Karl/Susan, Dawson/Joey, Bridget/Mark, Willow/Tara
Old 12-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Does any1 know what movies Colin has done recently (apart from Bridget Jones 2) and also, is he going to be in any next year?

Old 12-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Hee, yay! A Coliiiiiiiin thread! I had a very Colin-filled week. I saw Love Actually for the first time and then rented What a Girl Wants (mainly for him) and Bridget Jones's Diary. It really was quite marvelous. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Star Dreamer:
Does any1 know what movies Colin has done recently (apart from Bridget Jones 2) and also, is he going to be in any next year?
According to Colin Firth.com, I think he just has 1 movie, other than BJD, coming out next year (assuming that Bridget is coming out in '04). One is called Trauma, with Mena Suvari, which appears slated to premiere at Sundance in January. The other one is called The Dead Wait. CF.com says that Colin is supposed to start filming early next year, so it might not make it into theaters until 2005. Hope that helped! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hurley: So...what up with you and Kate? You guys gonna move into a cave together, or what?
Jack: I'm sorry, am I in high school?
Hurley: Well, that wasn't a denial.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:24 AM
Addicted Fan

I loved Colin in Love Actually, his storyline with Aurelia was very sweet. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And who could complain about seeing him wet in a lake again? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was having P & P flashbacks.

On the whole though, LA was a great movie, I really liked it. And I can't wait to see BJD: EOR. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
I loved Colin in Love Actually, his storyline with Aurelia was very sweet. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And who could complain about seeing him wet in a lake again? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was having P & P flashbacks.

On the whole though, LA was a great movie, I really liked it. And I can't wait to see BJD: EOR. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I loved the whole movie, too. Jamie and Aurelia were so cute together! Hehe, when he was running into the water and saying, "Now I have to run in or else she'll think I'm a total spaz. *****, it's cold!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I was looking for info on the release date and found this - "...Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason has been tentatively scheduled for release in November 2004." Ahhh, that's almost a year! I can't wait that long!

[ 12-25-2003: Message edited hands in her pockets ]

Hurley: So...what up with you and Kate? You guys gonna move into a cave together, or what?
Old 12-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanx for the info! I can hardly wait til 2005. And a Colin-filled week sounds fab! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I might just have to watch pride and prejudice again!

Old 01-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Teehee, more Colin! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

I was reading the latest issue of Elle magazine today (with Drew Barrymoore on the cover) and got to the last page to see an interview with Colin! I found it on the site and you can find the beginning of it below. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The rest can be found at Elle.com, at least until the new issue comes out, under In the Magazine.

Quote:
COLIN FIRTH, CINEMA'S FAVORITE WOUNDED BRIT, IMPARTS HIS TIPS ON GIRL HUNTING FOR MARRIED MEN, WHY THE SPAGHETTI VONGOLE DOESN'T IMPRESS THE LADIES LIKE IT USED TO, AND HOW LOVE ISN'T HALF AS FUN AS YOU'D THINK.

Has any actor been tossed to the curb as much as Colin Firth? As if being cuckolded by Kristin Scott Thomas and Ralph Fiennes in The English Patient wasn't enough to hobble him romantically, two years later in Shakespeare in Love, Fiennes' brother Joseph hoovers up the last of Firth's on-screen dignity by stealing Gwyneth Paltrow away. In Love Actually, there's Firth again, horrified to discover that his girlfriend and brother have been sharing some naked laughs while he was out. When he does get the girl—as the brooding Mr. Darcy in both Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones's Diary—he wears that hangdog look, as if expecting to be whacked again by the relationship reaper. Now, as the Dutch painter Vermeer in Girl With a Pearl Earring, Firth whips himself into a tortured froth over Scarlett Johansson, his young servant muse. But hold on to your reindeer jumper: Mr. Gloomy Heartache Guy has a little surprise about his own breakup history.—Andrew Goldman

ELLE: I happened upon a Web site devoted to you called Firthfrenzy. Could you describe what a Firthfrenzy looks like?

COLIN FIRTH: I don't have any idea!

ELLE: Were you obsessed with any movie stars as a kid?

CF: I did have a sleepless night over Doris Day when I was eight and By the Light of the Silvery Moon was on TV. She had that pure quality, but she always seemed within an inch of giving in to being absolutely, um, ah…

ELLE: Giving in to a Firthfrenzy?

CF: Giving in to a frenzy of some kind, yes.

ELLE: You get your heart broken pretty mercilessly in Love Actually. Describe the most humiliating way you were ever left.

CF: This might sound nauseating, but it's never happened.

ELLE: What! Never been dumped?

CF: I'm afraid I haven't, really.
[ 01-01-2004: Message edited hands in her pockets ]

Old 01-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Loyal Fan

OOh! I am gonna have to read that! Is there a gorgeous piccie of him in that mag? He's always gorgeous but is it an exceptionally hot pic?
I watched P&P again and ooooooh myyyyyyy god....I forgot how sexy he was in that. Ooh the girls that have been kissed by Colin! Lucky!

Old 01-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Star Dreamer:
OOh! I am gonna have to read that! Is there a gorgeous piccie of him in that mag? He's always gorgeous but is it an exceptionally hot pic?
I watched P&P again and ooooooh myyyyyyy god....I forgot how sexy he was in that. Ooh the girls that have been kissed by Colin! Lucky!
There is a small picture of him; I've seen it before - it's the one where he's wearing a white collared shirt and he has a really big smile on his face. You should be able to find it on the page of the article on Elle's website.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanx! Any picture I can get of Colin is enough to last me the whole day.

Old 01-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Total Fan

Oh, a Colin thread! Yay!! [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey everyone, I'm Maja!

I've seen Colin in Shakespeare in Love, Briget Jones Diary, The English Patient and I've watched Hope Springs tonight! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] They're all great movies and Colin's a fantastic actor!

I can't wait to see What a Girl Wants and Love Actually! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 05:20 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm currently reading Pride & Prejudice again for the billionth time and every time Mr Darcy is mentioned, I can only think of Colin Firth. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I love that miniseries so much. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm also reading P & P and i think the same thing! Colin Firth... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] I couldnt imagine Mr Darcy as anyone else! I am v.desperate to see Hope Springs but it has been delyed here in the UK for ages and it's annoyed me continually. It's to be out next month but i doubt it will... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Girl With A Pearl Earring was released in UK today and i'm going to see it tomorrow. I just have to get my Colin Fix! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top