Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2003, 02:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Christian looks like a skeleton. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited Andia ][/QB]
For what? OH my god...poor boy! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
andia, I like your website,that is very beautiful pages! Ah, thanks for few Hugh Jackman-articles... *drool* and the wallpaper from Christian Bale, isn't bad.

[ 11-12-2003: Message edited HughJackmanFan ]
Old 11-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Hmm... how interesting... Michael Caine is said to be the next potential Alfred in Batman. I would like to see that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] His interaction with Christian, I think, will be wonderful.

[ 11-26-2003: Message edited Andia ]
Old 12-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Some updates I found today about the upcoming Batman movie.

From Comics Continuum
Quote:
Cillian Murphy has landed the role of an unnamed villain in the new Batman movie from Warner Bros. according to Daily Variety.

According to Variety, Katie Holmes is in talks to play the female lead in the new Batman movie. She will be offered the role after a screen test with Christian Bale.
From Sci Fi Wire
Quote:
Mortensen Up For Batman?

Michael Caine, who will play Alfred the butler in the upcoming new Batman film, told SCI FI Wire that director Christopher Nolan is eyeing Lord of the Rings star Viggo Mortensen to play the villain in the film, which is slated to begin production in April 2004. In an interview, Caine wouldn't specify which villain role Mortensen (Rings' Aragorn) is up for.

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter, meanwhile, that Katie Holmes is close to being cast opposite star Christian Bale as Rachel, the love interest, contingent on a screen test.

Caine said Nolan's Batman script creates a deeper role for Alfred than previous films. "We start when Batman is a baby, so I'm more like a father," Caine said in an interview. "I'm a father who knows how to lay a table with the knives and forks in the right places."

Caine said he spoke with Nolan for three hours about his vision for the film, which included some similarities with and some variations on the previously established Batman canon. "[Nolan] said, 'We're going to have a human hero in Batman. He's powerful because he does pushups. Where does he get all his weapons? Because he's a multibillionaire, and he's in the arms business, so he gets the secret weapons instantly. Why does he wear the bloody suit? To scare the s--t out of people, because he doesn't really want to fight.'"
I don't know who Cillian Murphy is, but I hope it's a good call on casting. But then again, Viggo is also being considered for a villain role. Does that mean there's going to be more than one? Hm... now that I think about it, there's usually two villains per movie, isn't there? I'll be very interested if Viggo becomes a part of this project. It's looking like it's going to be an extremely good cast if Viggo accepts and fits the role. Not sure if I want Katie Holmes as the leading lady opposite Christian though. I haven't actually seen her in anything besides Phone Booth, but I get the impression that she might not be able to hold her weight against these actors if she got her start in teen flicks.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Just looked up info at IMDB for Cillian Murphy...he's about the same age as Christian (both born in 74), which is interesting...maybe Bruce and Cillian's character are school friends? -- and he's Irish (or at least, was born in Ireland). He's in the movie Girl with a Pearl Earring...don't recognize the names of any of the other films he's been in

He's also very...pretty... (could just be this particular picture though):

...fricking picture doesn't show...Link

As for Katie Holmes, I'm not a fan, but that might just be because I've only ever really seen her as Joey on Dawson's Creek...and I hated Joey (hated...in a big way). I guess I will have to trust casting to know what they are doing (as they are the people who picked Christian and Michael Caine).
-[-*colormist*-]-

[ 12-13-2003: Message edited ColorMist ]
Old 12-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

All this stuff sounds really good! Michael Caine and Cillan Murphy will be awesome! Not 100% about Katie Holmes, but she's pretty, and I used to be a huge fan of her in the past. So we'll see how it goes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

GAH...could this could here any sooner, please? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 01-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Page 3! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Hm. Wht do you guys think about the idea of someone starting a thread over on Requests for a Christian board?

I know this thread here isn't very busy...but he's been in enough popular movies to sustain a board of his own, IMO.

Plus with Batman coming out sometime next year, he'll be getting more media buzz, more recognition from the public, and probably a stronger fanbase on FF. This would beat all of that to the punch.
-[-*colormist*-]-

P.S. Or has someone already started a thread? If so let us know so we can vote!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

That's a really great idea! Christian sure does deserve his own board. Do you think you could start it? I've got my hands full with requests for Kate Bosworth, Matt Damon, and Natatlie Portman boards. Speaking of, if you do head on over there, drop some votes in those directions. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But yeah definitely, I'd be psyched to see a board for the Baleheads. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Shannon: Hey [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I don't mind starting it. I'll have it up tonight.

And I will look out for the threads you mentioned!

And on a more depressing note...several days ago my sister and I were watching t.v. in my mom's room and Mom turned and was all, "You know who I just heard died? You know that actor Christian Bale?"

Well, of course you must know what my first thought was. My stomach flopped and I grabbed my sister's arm and had like a death-grip on it. She grabbed MY hand and we both went, "Oh my God."

It turns out, she meant Christian's father had died. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Although Mom knew him primarily as Gloria Steinem's husband.

I just ran a quick search on Yahoo! and came up with an article on it. Link.

Quote:
David Bale, Gloria Steinem's Husband, Dies

Associated Press

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - David Bale, an activist and the husband of feminist writer Gloria Steinem, has died at age 62.

Bale, the father of actor Christian Bale, died Tuesday of brain lymphoma at Santa Monica Healthcare Center, where he had been residing since November, family friend Carla Morganstern said Thursday.

"David went through the world with few possessions and great empathy for all living things," Steinem, the co-founder of Ms. magazine, said in a press statement. "He had the greatest heart of anyone I've ever known."

Born in South Africa, Bale grew up in Egypt, England and the Channel Islands. He worked as a commercial pilot, with the hope of providing aid to needy communities in Africa.

Bale was once banned from returning to South Africa because he opposed the apartheid government, Morganstern said.

He married Steinem in 2000 in a Cherokee ceremony in Oklahoma. It was his third marriage.

Bale was a board member of The Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International and World Education Inc., a creator of adult learning programs in developing countries. He also was an active supporter of the annual Genesis Awards, presented to news and entertainment media for championing animal issues.

He is survived by Steinem; four children, Christian Bale, Louise Bale, Sharon Bale and Erin Kreunen; and four grandchildren.

In keeping with his wishes, there will be no public memorial.

I meant to come post over here about it, but I completely forgot.
-[-*colormist*-]-
Old 01-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay, I just made the thread on the Requests board.

Get voting!

That bit up at the top really wasn't intended to be a banner...I wanted a picture of Christian and I was having a hard time deciding, so I picked two of my favorites (the close-up on the left is from Velvet Goldmine and the one on the right is from the Captain Corelli movie, which I've actually never seen...but damn he looks good in that pic) and did some edit work.

So if somebody would like to take a stab at a REAL banner or picture collage or whatever, (or if you've just got a hot Christian pic you want me to use), I'd be more than happy to edit theirs in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm going to be gone for most of the day tomorrow (Saturday) so if the thread goes completely wild and crazy with the voting and I don't show up to start adding people's names to the list, please don't think I've ALREADY forgotten about the thread...I'll be back tomorrow evening.
-[-*colormist*-]-
Old 01-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting it! I'm voting now! BTW, it would be cool to have a banner. For the Kate thread, I went to the FanArt board and put in a request, and got a splendid Kate Bosworth banner, so perhaps we could do something like that as well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aww, I'm so sorry about Christian's dad! My deepest condolences! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

We have a request for a board now? I'm voting!
Old 01-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Woohoo! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Extreme Fan

What do y'all think the most popular Christian films are? I wanted to pick a few to put as the thread title of the board request thread...settled on Newsies, Velvet Goldmine, American Psycho -- since Christian had a lead role in each, and since I figured they were moderately popular.

I think we could hit 100 votes by the Batman premiere.
-[-*colormist*-]-
Old 01-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

I think you did fine, ColorMist. All of those are his most famous movies, I think. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And like I said, we can totally take 100 by Batman. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top