Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2003, 04:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Brittany Murphy #3 - She's our Uptown Girl.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Welcome to the Brittany Murphy Appreciation thread! [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Hey guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I figured I'd start this since no-one else, sorry about the title, if you don'tlike it I'll change it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm gonna make a banner at somepoint today, so I'll that and a mini-bio when I'm done. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] If there's anything you guys want added, pm me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

:://bri

"i'm not perfect or saved, baby." - wil wheaton
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:15 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Thanks for starting the new thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I was kinda thinking that title too, seeing as its her new movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread, Switch. Great title choice.

There is a repost of the Brittany avis, thanks to Doogie:

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited novaleigh ]
novaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread! I really want to see this movie so hopefully I will find someone to go with me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Here are some more new Brittany and Dakota pictures from the unveiling of the Exclusive Uptown Girls Window Display at Henri Bendel on August 7th.

Hopefully someone will find some bigger pictures [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited CutieKatie ]
Old 08-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Old 08-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey BM fans. Uptown Girls looks very cute and me and my sister can't wait to see it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Waoh!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURE!!!!!!! Brittany look so pretty!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Noelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Exclusive scans from http://brittany.330.ca/

Scan 1

Scan 2

Scan 3

Scan 4

Scan 5

Sacan 3

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Brittany Murphy Answers Your Questions!

HOLLYWOOD, Aug. 7, 2003-- Last week, you sent us the questions you wanted us to ask Brittany Murphy, star of the upcoming movie Uptown Girls. Today, we've got the answers!

Q: I am looking forward to your next movie Uptown Girls. Do you think an adult can have close friendships with younger people? And what is the fundamental secret for an everlasting friendship?

A: I do think adults can have close friendships with younger people, very much so. A few of my best friends are in the single digits, age-wise. Children are going through life and learning their life lessons with no preconditioning, figuring it out on their own. Adults can learn a lot by watching that process.

As for a fundamental secret to lasting friendships, I’d have to say communication.

Q: I think you are a great actress and I love your work! The movies you are in are unbelievably good!!! My question to you is how did you become an actor?

A: First of all, thank you. I adore my job and feel completely blessed. I started acting at age 9 in regional theatre. I had a sleepover with a friend in my dance school, and the next day she was going on an audition for Really Rosie. She got me to audition as well, and I got the lead. That’s how it started.

Q: Did you enjoy doing the movie Uptown Girls?

A: It was a ball. Most of all, I enjoyed working with Dakota [Fanning].

Q: How does this movie differ from any other movie you have done? Do you prefer lighthearted roles or more serious dramatic ones?

A: I love to tell stories, living vicariously through other people’s lives. Whether they’re funny or upset or having the worst day of their lives or their best moment – I adore all of it. That is life.

Q: Hi Brittany!!! If you could work with anyone, who would it be and why?

A: Bob Fosse, Clara Bow, Janis Joplin and Louis Armstrong.

Q: You are my favorite actress! What is it like doing voices for cartoons?

A: First of all, thank you very much and God bless you. Now, as far as animation is concerned, it really is a joy, at least so far. I’ve been doing King of the Hill for 9 years. Everyone is like family, and I love the character I play. It’s so much fun – and so fast. With animation, you’re able to do a film in a few days (a week, tops) instead of six months!

Q: Did you enjoy being able to act as a rock’n’roll princess in Uptown Girls? I can’t wait to see your new movie and I hope you had a lot of fun filming it.

A: I loved every second of it. Molly lives such a decadent, exciting life, and she’s very social, so it was exciting to be the star of such a social scene – it’s so opposite of what I am in real life. It was a blast.

Q: What is the one piece of advice you would give anyone interested in an acting career?

A: I recommend doing theater. I wasn’t formally trained; I think on-the-job training is the best kind, and my experience in theater was like college. And almost every town has a local theater. See how you feel and stop at nothing. God bless you – you can make your dreams come true!

Q: Hi, Brittany! Clueless is my all-time favorite movie! I have seen it 100 times!!! Do you have a favorite?

A: All That Jazz.

Q: You are my favorite actress! Out of all the roles you have played, which character do you most relate to?

A: I think Molly in Uptown Girls – so far…
Old 08-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Addicted Fan

not sure if these have been posted

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited Sandi_aka_Pezzy ]

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited Sandi_aka_Pezzy ]
Old 08-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much everyone for the pics, article and scans. They are just lovely. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
novaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Old 08-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

mendozav23, the pics are great. I just [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the first and last ones you posted.
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the pictures!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Addicted Fan

OMG did u guys see her on DAvid Letterman!??? she was so funny! especially when she said that about Ashton....in these lines = "...well what we learned from that is that he doesnt care about her age and she dosnt care about the SIZE..." hehehehehe (i am not sure if that was exacly what she said, but its close to that) the whole think eroupted with laughter abd she was lauging so hard!!!!!

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
nun with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top