Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and thank you for the article.

Bradley Cooper | Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk have discussed having kids | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk have ''discussed'' starting a family, as they are ''growing very, very close.''

Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk have ''discussed'' starting a family.

The 'American Sniper' star and the Russian model, who started dating in May shortly after his split from long-term girlfriend Suki Waterhouse, are ''growing very, very close'' and are already talking about settling down.

A source close to the couple said: ''They couldn't be happier with how their relationship is progressing. Things are really heating up and they are growing very, very close while getting to know each other. Everyone that is close to the couple really thinks this is it for the two of them.

''They both want kids one day and that's been discussed between them. They have a huge attraction to each other between their personalities and their sexual energies. You see them in a room and you immediately are in love with them as a couple.''

The 40-year-old actor and the brunette beauty, 29, recently sparked rumours of a split, as they hadn't been photographed together in a few weeks, but are still spending as much time as they can together while Bradley is starring in 'The Elephant Man' in London's West End.

The insider told E! News: ''They just work really well and want to spend every minute they have free together. Both families love seeing them so happy.''

Old 07-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome and thanks for the article.

Donna
Old 07-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Planning On Having Kids? | Bradley Cooper : Just Jared

Quote:
Bradley Cooper keeps his head down and hidden under his cap as he makes his way inside The Box nightclub on Friday (July 17) in London, England.

The 40-year-old actor and his girlfriend Irina Shayk are reportedly still going strong and already discussing children.

“They couldn’t be happier with how their relationship is progressing,” an insider told E! News. “Things are really heating up and they are growing very, very close while getting to know each other. Everyone that is close to the couple really thinks this is it for the two of them. They just work really well and want to spend every minute they have free together. Both families love seeing them so happy.”

“They both want kids one day and that’s been discussed between them,” the source added. “They have a huge attraction to each other between their personalities and their sexual energies. You see them in a room and you immediately are in love with them as a couple.”

10+ pictures inside of Bradley Cooper heading into The Box nightclub…

Old 07-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thank you for the article.

Donna
Old 07-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the tweet.

‘Hot Wet’ Netflix series an absurdly funny gem - San Antonio Express-News

Quote:
TV this summer has brought loads of horror and crime and way too much reality.

Isn’t it time we got some silly, raunchy fun?

Netflix delivers that and more — including big and small screen A-listers galore — in an eight-episode prequel to a 2001 comedy that has built a sizable cult following over the years.

“Wet Hot American Summer: The First Day of Camp,” starring Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler, Paul Rudd and a long list of other comedy and dramatic talents, will debut Friday on the streaming service.

If you haven’t seen the movie “Wet Hot American Summer,” I strongly suggest watching that first on Netflix to get the full impact of this addictive prequel.

The original definitely had its moments — including one that was rather forward-thinking, a woodsy wedding between gay characters Ben (Cooper) and the object of his affection, McKinley (Michael Ian Black).

On the minus side, the movie is rather a mess, rough around the edges and full of gags that frequently made me and my husband go, “Huh?”

Though the same creative duo — David Wain and Michael Showalter — wrote and produced the prequel, it’s tighter, funnier and better executed than its predecessor. At the same time, it maintains the cornball charm that made the first one so endearing to many.

Clearly, the 14 years of experience Wain and Showalter chalked up in between the original and the prequel have honed their skills.

The plot: As in the film, the series takes place in the summer of 1981 at the fictional Camp Firewood in Maine.

It begins earlier, however, on June 24, two months before the events depicted in the movie.

Once again, we watch friendships deepen, relationships bloom and hormones rage against a backdrop of athletics, arts and crafts, theater and sexual awakening. This go-round, there are a few secret identities in the mix, a rival camp of preppies and even a deadly government conspiracy that involves the dumping of toxic waste on the campgrounds.

What makes the new half-hour such a blast to binge?

I’m sure you will come up with your own reasons, but here’s why I quickly gobbled up the first three episodes and salivate for more:

The impressive cast. All the key players from the movie have returned — even though many are much bigger than they were back in 2001. Notable newcomers have gladly joined the camp roster, as well.

In interviews, many have said they had a ball reprising old roles and creating new ones — and their glee is infectious.

It’s an automatic party. Don’t watch alone. It’s a kick to see how many stars you and friends recognize under those tacky ’80s clothes, stupid hair and bad wigs. Aside from the aforementioned Poehler, Cooper and Rudd, there’s Janeane Garofalo, Molly Shannon, Ken Marino (“Marry Me”), Elizabeth Banks (the “Hunger Games” movies), David Hyde Pierce (“Frasier”), Christopher Meloni (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”); Joe Lo Truglio (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”) and Kevin Sussman (“The Big Bang Theory”).

There’s also a kind of “Mad Men” reunion: Jon Hamm, John Slattery and Rich Sommer are part of the new cast.

Other famous newbies include Josh Charles (“The Good Wife”), Lake Bell, Kristen Wiig, Jason Schwartzman and Chris Pine of “Star Trek” fame.

It’s deliciously absurd. Instead of following up the movie with a more logical sequel, the producers thought it would be “ballsy,” as Wain put it, to do a prequel. The cast is 15 years older — in their late 30s, early 40s — and playing teens again, with some looking more credible than others.

“We’re actually playing younger than we did in the first one and it’s never addressed,” said Rudd, who returns as sneering womanizer Andy. “I think that’s the only way you can do it — to just embrace its lunacy."

The sight gag of Showalter as Coop. Although several actors, such as Marino, Banks and Rudd, look as if they haven’t aged at all, Showalter isn’t among them. Every time the rounder-faced and paunchier Showalter is on screen as the sweetly awkward counselor who obligingly wears goofy girlfriend gifts, such as a shell choker and a hat too small for his head, your mouth automatically curls up in a smile.

Mysteries are explained. We learn the stories behind some of the stranger bits in the movie, such as why the can of vegetables talks to Vietnam War vet Gene (Meloni).

Last but not least, “Hot Wet American Summer: The First Day of Camp” is an automatic mood-elevator, full of unabashedly dumb situations and dialogue. It’s also a nostalgic trip back to sweet, crude and scary adolescence, a time that, even as adults, we may not have left completely behind.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the article.

Donna
Old 07-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wet Hot American Summer Featurette Reintroduces Old Friends | Junior College

Quote:
Jon Benjamin, who voiced a can of vegetables in the movie and now plays counselor Mitch in the series, intones, “Camp Firewood is more than just a summer camp”. “This is our first day of shooting and we’re kind of walking around saying “This is crazy”, said Rudd in disbelief, while Cooper just couldn’t get over Rudd not aging at all. The original film, which did not fare so well at the box office nor with critics upon release, was set on the last day of that year’s summer camp.

“It’s incredible how everyone looks-Paul Rudd looks the same, “Bradley Cooper says in the video above”.

Apart from the gargantuan task of reassembling the stars of Wet Hot American Summer for Netflix’s First Day of Camp, we have to wonder if the new series could recapture that same chemistry. (That is, of course, except for real-life Dorian Gray, Paul Rudd).

The characters are supposed to be 16 and 17-year-olds, but “everyone looks like they’re playing their own parents”, deadpanned returning co-star Amy Poehler.

In a brand new and hilarious prequel series to the 2001 cult classic movie, Camp Firewood is getting prepared to kick off a brand new season of summer camp, with the all-star cast reforming to deliver some more big laughs. Newcomers include Chris Pine, Lake Bell, Josh Charles and Kristen Wiig, among others

Old 07-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the article.

‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Season 2 Could Happen Says Michael Showalter | Deadline

Quote:
“If everyone wants to do it, we’ll do it,” Wet Hot American Summer: First Day Of Camp’s showrunner/co-star Michael Showalter said today at TCA of another installment of the Netflix series based on the cult movie. “The time commit for this cast is quite accommodating,” he said of the prequel series, which premieres on Friday. “The feeling is we are interested in creating an environment that is easy for people being able to say yes.”

Originally in the 2001 movie, Ant-Man himself Paul Rudd, Janeane Garofalo, David Hyde Pierce, Christopher Meloni, Michael Ian Black and Elizabeth Banks, Amy Poehler and Bradley Cooper are also all in the prequel – all playing 14 year olds. Josh Charles, Jon Hamm, John Slattery, Lake Bell, Chris Pine, Jason Schwartzman and Kristen Wiig make their debut in the eight-episode teen comedy set in 1981.

While House Of Cards’ Beau Willimon and Orange Is The New Black’s Jenji Kohan weren’t onstage for the Netflix showrunners panel, it was pretty much the rest of the streaming services’ TV A-team at the Beverly Hilton. Club De Cuervos’ Gaz Alazraki, BoJack Horseman’s Raphael Bob-Waksberg, Grace And Frankie’s Marta Kauffman, Bloodline’s Glenn Kessler, Marvel’s Jessica Jones’ recently named Melissa Rosenberg and former Marvel’s Daredevil EP Steven S. DeKnight joined Showalter on the panel.

“I always thought of the characters from Wet Hot American Summer as comic book characters and there is no shortage of stories we could tell about them,” Showalter noted. “If you want to do something do it, if there is a will there is a way,” the WHAS co-writer added with a smile. Netflix hasn’t made any noise yet about more Wet Hot American Summer.

Unlike the others on the panel today, DeKnight isn’t currently an active member of the streaming service’s family. The ex-Spartacus boss exited the blind superhero series soon after its 13-epsiode April 10 debut. Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez were announced as DeKnight’s replacements when Daredevil was official given the green light for a second season on April 21. In early June, DeKnight joined Paramount Pictures, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and Hasbro’s Transformers franchise writers room to hatch new iterations of the blockbuster mechanical brand.

“I have two pom-poms and I wave them very franticly,” DeKnight joked Tuesday of his involvement in Season 2 of Daredevil. “I think it is very important for me exiting to leave the show to them,” he added, praising Petrie and Ramirez. “I can’t wait to watch the show with the rest of you.”

While Netflix doesn’t release viewership information Daredevil and Grace and Frankie are rumored to be among the top shows on the streaming service. “I barely know what metrics are,” said Kaufman to a big laugh. “We haven’t learned any of that information,” she confessed afterwards. “It’s so liberating not having to worry about the numbers,” noted DeKnight. “Ratings aren’t a measure of success anyway,” said the G&F boss. “We’re not pandering to advertisers, we’re not pandering to a network, we’re only making the show we want to make,” Kaufman added.

What has been a measure of success for Netflix is wining awards. Freshmen Grace and Frankie and Bloodline were among the 31 Emmy nominations that Netflix garnered earlier this month. The former saw an Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series nom for Lily Tomlin. The latter had Kyle Chandler nominated in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series category and Ben Mendelsohn getting an Outstanding Supporting Actor nom. It’s terrific,” said Kessler, ‘it means the pieces are working.”

Donna
Old 07-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and thank you for the article.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Brad Pitt Checks Out Bradley Cooper in ‘The Elephant Man’ | Brad Pitt, Bradley Cooper : Just Jared

Quote:
Brad Pitt wears his favorite hat while leaving Kitty Fisher’s after grabbing dinner with Bradley Cooper on Wednesday night (July 29) in London, England.

Earlier in the night, the 51-year-old Fury star watched as the 40-year-old actor performed in The Elephant Man at the Haymarket Theatre.

Bradley pulled a cap over his face to avoid being recognized as he headed home.

The day before, Brad‘s wife Angelina Jolie stopped for a photo while visiting the Myanmar Parliament Building in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.

10+ pictures inside of Brad Pitt dining with Bradley Cooper in Londo

Donna
Old 07-31-2015, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the link.

Ellie Goulding | Ellie Goulding weeps during Bradley Cooper's performance | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
'Love Me Like You Do' hitmaker Ellie Goulding was surprised with a trip to see Bradley Cooper in 'The Elephant Man' by her boyfriend Dougie Poynter and she was moved to tears by the actor's performance.

Ellie Goulding was a ''blubbering fool'' as she watched Bradley Cooper in 'The Elephant Man'.

The 28-year-old singer went to see the West End theatre show in London last night (30.07.15) which stars the 40-year-old Hollywood actor in the lead role as severely deformed man Joseph Merrick, who was a ''curiosity'' in Victoria England.

Ellie was so impressed by Bradley's emotional performance as Merrick she was moved to tears.

In a Twitter post, she wrote: ''Met the (incredible) cast and was a blubbering fool ... Very moving performances. Cried lots. New found respect for Bradley Cooper.''

The 'Love Me Like You Do' hitmaker revealed the theatre trip was a surprise gift from her boyfriend, McBusted star Dougie Poynter, and she posted a photograph of herself smiling during the interval at the Haymarket Theatre.

She captioned the snap on Instagram: ''My surprise was being brought to see The Elephant Man!''

Bradley portrays Merrick - who had a twisted back and growths on his face and the whole right side of his body due to undiagnosed conditions - without the use of prosthetics or make-up and has had to learn how to contort his body to convey Merrick's disabilities.

'The Elephant Man' closes in London on August 9.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome. Thanks for the article.

Donna
Old 08-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

The Elephant Man - Theatre Royal Haymarket, London - July 31st 2015 Live Review | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
British theatre fans rejoiced when they heard that Bradley Cooper was coming to the West End for a limited UK run of 'The Elephant Man'; a seventies play which made its last revival more than 10 years ago. It's safe to say the UK audience were left just as satisfied as the Broadway spectators, and just as emotionally drained.

I've never seen the play in the past, so my only point of reference was David Lynch's iconic black and white 1980 biopic, which explored the life of John Merrick in all its harrowing destitution. Having recently watched the spectacular revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Cats' and been shocked by how unfamiliar the characters felt, I was therefore left completely gobsmacked when Bradley Cooper opened his mouth and John Hurt's voice came out - totally spot on. All the familiarity you could ask for from a revival play. And his was the only British accent from an American actor during the entire play that never faltered; a remarkable feat given the acute discomfort he must've been feeling throughout.

The play is famous for its avoidance of a mask to imitate the extreme deformity of John Merrick, and so Cooper was forced to maintain an unpleasantly contorted face, stance, gait and hand throughout his time on stage; such dedication that becomes starkly astounding when you try it yourself for just five minutes. There was some initial disappointment when you realised there'd be no Hallowe'en mask, but that dissipated almost immediately - along with the initial chuckles over Cooper's funny face. By the end, you were convinced that the actor was indeed suffering with the same debilitating defects, so when his visage snapped back to the usual handsome features during the standing ovation, it was a startling switch back to reality.

Bradley Cooper may have been the star of the show, but there were some brilliant moments of comic relief between Patricia Clarkson and Alessandro Nivola, who played Mrs. Kendal and Frederick Treves respectively, when they engaged in an embarrassing discussion about Merrick's perfectly normal genitalia. It was childish humour (which it remained throughout), which only reflected the undeveloped life of Merrick and his own innocent and childlike muses; a naïve but intelligent man who emitted moments of genius more profound than those of any of his prestigious hospital visitors had ever managed.

While there was plenty of comedic moments, and though it lacked some of the more brutal moments that stood out for me when I watched the film, it still had half the theatre choking back tears; Merrick's anguished wails filled the auditorium to disturbing effect, his overwhelmed sobs when people finally started to treat him as a human being were heart-breaking, and his abrupt death by asphyxiation - though undramatic - reduced several people around me to floods of tears.

Director Scott Ellis' reimagining of Bernard Pomerance's play was an unforgettable one, that certainly shows how versatile Bradley Cooper is as an actor. Gently hilarious, painfully awkward and agonisingly sad, John Merrick's story has definitely been done justice.

Donna