Moderator Support Team

No problem..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the link.

Bradley Cooper Became an Actor Because of ‘The Elephant Man’ | Alessandro Nivola, Bradley Cooper, Patricia Clarkson : Just Jared

Quote:
Bradley Cooper gets together for a photo with his co-star Patricia Clarkson at The Elephant Man Broadway cast photo call at Sardi’s on Tuesday (October 21) in New York City.

The 39-year-old actor and his co-star were joined by cast mate Alessandro Nivola as well as other members of the production team. Earlier in the day, the main trio appeared on the Today show to give an interview about the show, which will play a limited run on the Great White Way.

“It was the reason why I wanted to become an actor, because of David Lynch’s movie,” Bradley said of the script. “And then I discovered it was a play, and I did it for my thesis in grad school.”
Bradley Cooper on 'The Elephant Man:' It's why I became an actor - Pop Culture - TODAY.com

Quote:
Bradley Cooper plays the title character in the upcoming Broadway revival, “The Elephant Man,” a story that inspired the two-time Oscar nominee to become an actor, he revealed Tuesday.

Stopping by the TODAY set with co-stars Patricia Clarkson and Alessandro Nivola, Cooper recalled how he first learned about the story as a child when his dad showed him a film version.

“It was the reason why I wanted to become an actor, because of David Lynch’s movie,” he told TODAY’s Matt Lauer. “And then I discovered it was a play, and I did it for my thesis in grad school.”

"The Elephant Man" tells the story of Joseph Merrick, a man whose severe physical disfigurement leads many to miss his profound intelligence. Cooper and his co-stars, who first performed the play in 2012 as part of the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts, spoke about their current production, which opens on Nov. 7:

On how the play differs from movie versions: The most obvious difference is that Cooper doesn’t wear prosthetics to reflect Merrick's deformities. “That’s the conceit of the play, is that a beautiful man plays him,” Clarkson said.
On the way Cooper contorts his body for the role: Cooper noted each of his predecessors, including David Bowie and Billy Crudup, have done it differently. “For me, it just starts with the breath and then it sort of just happens." Clarkson added that Cooper's transformation is "quite breathtaking.”
The takeaway for the audience: "It's an incredibly profound experience to watch this man we’ve all fallen in love with, Joseph Merrick, that we love deeply," Clarkson said. "You watch this journey, and it’s very funny and incredibly heartbreaking at the same time."
On the play's message about humanity: “A lot of it is what it is to be human," Nivola said, "because this man is so disfigured that he almost looks like an animal and has been treated like an animal all of his life.” Yet, Clarkson added: “He’s the most civilized of us all.
Lauer noted the play is a very serious production, where there's no room for a case of the giggles, which Cooper is known for — most recently during his visit with Jimmy Fallon on "The Tonight Show."

Cooper also has a record of getting near-hysterical when he and and TODAY's Willie Geist get together, like during an interview prior to last year's Golden Globes. Here's a flashback to when that bromance started:

Old 10-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome and thanks for the articles.

Bradley Cooper plans on staying limber for physically demanding role in 'Elephant Man' revival

Quote:
NEW YORK — Bradley Cooper will contort his limbs into uncomfortable positions for eight shows a week when he begins his run in the Broadway revival of "The Elephant Man." That means he'll need to take extra care of his body to stay limber.

"I have an inversion table. That's a new thing, it goes like that," Cooper said while using hand motions to show the up and down tilting of his body on the table. He'll use it twice a day and have a chiropractor nearby.

The play by Bernard Pomerance, which premiered at the Booth Theatre in 1979, shows some two dozen snapshots in the life of the grotesque Joseph Merrick, tracing his journey from an abused circus freak to a curiosity of London's high society. Cooper won't use prosthetics, opting instead to imply disfigurement through facial expression and twisted posture.

Cooper, an Academy Award nominee, already knows the physical demands of portraying the character onstage from a short run at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in 2012.

"I got to research the real guy and I just fell in love with who he was a human being, as a man," Cooper said. "It's been a wonderful, eye-opening experience into that world of the late 1800s in London and Leicester and what he went through."

Cooper became fascinated by Merrick's life after seeing the 1980 film version by David Lynch, which he cites as the catalyst for wanting to pursue a career in acting.

But he wasn't acquainted with the stage production until much later, when he was studying at the Actors Studio Drama School in New York.

"It wasn't until grad school where we had to choose a thesis and I came across Bernard Pomerance's play," Cooper said, adding that Merrick had loomed large for him growing up: "I probably thought about him maybe every day since I was 12, so I took a shot at it and it seemed to feel like a fit."

But the actor has had a busy schedule over the past few years, so it took a little more than a whim for him to thread the boards for the play's 14-week Broadway run starting Nov. 7.

"We wanted to keep the cast, including the interns, who were interns in Williamstown, and it had to be at the Booth Theatre, which is where it originated. To me it's the only place you could have this play exist and we got both, thank god," Cooper said.

Cooper, a veteran of "The Hangover" franchise, will join a special list of actors to portray Merrick, including Philp Anglim, David Bowie, John Hurt and Billy Crudup.

The Pomerance play emphasizes Merrick's humanity — there's even a love interest — and his civility despite his appearance. Cooper said that's what drew him to the work.

"There's this love story and you also get a sense of Merrick being a real survivor and having a real wisdom about him," Cooper said. "It's sort of heartbreaking in the face of reality and the limits that faced him."

Online: The Elephant Man – Official Broadway Site - Get Tickets

Donna
Old 10-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're very welcome and thank you so much for the article.

Bradley Cooper and Suki Waterhouse moving in together | Celeb News | heatworld

Quote:
Bradley Cooper gently caresses the hand of his beautiful British model girlfriend Suki Waterhouse as he places a picture of them on holiday in a faraway exotic paradise on their bedside table.

The couple lovingly stare into each other’s eyes as they come to realise their dream is complete – they have finally put the finishing touches to their palatial multi-million dollar mansion in the Hollywood Hills.

They fall onto their huge, soft bed and lay in one another’s arms and gently smile as they drift off to sleep on the silky sheets.

As hunky actor Bradley rips off his shirt to reveal his rippling torso while Suki looks on with pure lust in his dream, he hears: “Bradleeeeeeey?! Pick up your clothes and put them in the laundry basket you untidy beast. You can't leave your closet like this! Have you done your washing?

“You can't wear your pants inside out tomorrow! They STINK!”

Brad and Suki are abruptly awoken from their slumber and realise Bradley’s mum is standing over them ready to whip them into shape.

And this could happen! She does ACTUALLY live with them and apparently it’s causing problems.

Bradley invited his mother Gloria to move in with him after his father died in 2011 but with the celebrity lovebirds living out of suitcases and luxury hotels they want a place to call their own and a bit of privacy.

A source told America’s OK! magazine: “Suki is in love with Bradley, and she wants a place for them to share… [She’s] aware that she needs to tread carefully.

“She knows if she gives him an ultimatum he’ll choose his mom, so she’s trying to figure out how to make it work for everyone.

“Suki knows Bradley wants to take care of his mom, but he’s almost 40, and she wants them to start sharing their lives, like any normal couple.”

Model Suki has previously compared herself and Bradley to “travelling gypsies” and said she’s “desperate to have a home”. Awks!

Come on, Bradders! Sort it out!

Old 10-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome and oh my.

Donna
Old 10-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

5 Worst Celebrity Kissers

Quote:
Bradley Cooper: Jennifer Lawrence told him he was a "wet kisser," Cooper once revealed, adding, "You don’t want to hear that. It was not a compliment."
That does sound good.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome and no, it doesn't.

Donna
Old 10-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jennifer Lawrence's 'Serena' bombs in U.K. debut

Quote:
Looks like audiences weren't really waiting for more than two years for "Serena" to make its big screen debut.

The long delayed Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper film adapting the Ron Rash novel debuted to a lot of empty movie theater seats, and brought in disappointing numbers in the U.K. the weekend, according to The Guardian.

The film took in £95,000 from 185 screens -- which is about $153,310. And came in 19th place overall.

The disappointing box office numbers aren't really a surprise, since "Serena" debuted to harsh criticism at the BFI London Film Festival Oct. 14.

The reviews are so harsh that within 24 hours, Crushable.com had already compiled "8 Cringe-Inducing Sentences From Early Reviews Of J-Law's Movie Serena." The No. 1 example? "Have you ever wanted to punch a film right in the face if it, you know, actually had a face to punch? Well, that's Serena for you."

Critics know why "Serena" was on the shelf - it stinks
The film, directed by Danish filmmaker Susanne Bier and filmed in the spring and early summer of 2012 in the Czech Republic — standing in for Haywood County, N.C. — had been in post-production for going on two years.

What is surprising: The bad reception and poor ticket sales, despite the strength of the cast and production quality.

Jennifer Lawrence collaborates for the third time with Bradley Cooper in the epic, dark tale set in Depression-era Western North Carolina. The duo -- who have been critical and commercial darlings in "American Hustle" and "Silver Linings Playbook" -- played a husband-and-wife duo who run a timber empire in 1930s Waynesville.

"Silver Linings Playbook" debuted in November 2012 with £1.25 million box office take, which is around $2 million, with about $471,000 more in previews, according to The Guardian. About a year later, "American Hustle" was an even bigger automatic hit the first weekend out: It made about $5.6 million, with about $1.8 million in previews, The Guardian reports.

"Serena" is slated to come stateside in 2015.

A U.S. distributor stepped up -- sort of -- in September.

Magnolia, an American film distributor, has acquired the rights by default. The distribution company, specializing in independent and foreign films, was formed Bill Banowsky in 2001 -- and Banowsky is also a founder of Carolina Cinemas, which has an Asheville location.

The Magnolia purchase ends the film's years-long saga. But the drama doesn't end there: Yahoo! Movies reports that Magnolia became the "default distributor" of the movie after other studios rejected it because a sister company financed it.

"Serena" the book was released in 2008 to much critical acclaim, on the other hand. It was a finalist in Fiction for the PEN/Faulkner Award.

Rash is the John Parris Distinguished Professor of Appalachian Studies at Western Carolina University. (Christopher Kyle wrote the film adaptation.)

Another work by Rash, "The World Made Straight," was also made into a film and is now awaiting distribution. "The World Made Straight" was shot in WNC in March 2013

Donna
Old 10-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

That really isn't good.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the trailer.

Donna
Old 10-31-2014, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bradley Cooper’s ‘The Elephant Man’ Hits Broadway Tomorrow! | Bradley Cooper : Just Jared

Quote:
Bradley Cooper is barely recognizable with a clean-shaven face while running errands on Wednesday afternoon (November 5) in New York City.

The 39-year-old actor is set to make his debut in Broadway’s “The Elephant Man” tomorrow, November 7!

The production officially opens on Sunday, December 7 at the Booth Theatre for a limited engagement through Sunday, February 15, 2015.

The Elephant Man is based on the real life of Joseph Merrick, a 19th century British man who became a star of the traveling freak show circuit. When a renowned doctor takes Merrick under his care at the London Hospital, he is astonished by Merrick’s brilliant intelligence and unshakable faith.

Soon all of Victorian high society becomes fascinated by Merrick, especially a beautiful actress. But with Merrick’s new life comes new complexity…and a “normal” existence begins to seem all but impossible.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the article.

Donna
Old 11-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Shirtless Bradley Cooper Gets Into Character For First ‘Elephant Man’ Preview | Alessandro Nivola, Bradley Cooper, Patricia Clarkson, Shirtless : Just Jared

Quote:
Bradley Cooper goes barefoot while performing the first preview of his Broadway show The Elephant Man at Booth Theater on Friday (November 7) in New York City.

The 39-year-old actor went shirtless for a bathtub scene during the show, which also featured Patricia Clarkson and Alessandro Nivola.

It was recently announced that Bradley will be executive-producing a series based on his hit film Limitless for CBS.

25+ pictures inside of Bradley Cooper performing the first preview of The Elephant Man…

Old 11-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Wonderful article and pics.

Bradley Cooper Meets Fans After ‘Elephant Man’ Performance | Bradley Cooper : Just Jared

Quote:
Bradley Cooper emerges from the stage door to sign autographs for fans after his performance in Broadway’s “The Elephant Man” on Saturday night (November 8) in New York City.

Earlier in the day, the 39-year-old actor was seen going incognito while taking the subway.

The production officially opens on Sunday, December 7 at the Booth Theatre for a limited engagement through Sunday, February 15, 2015.

“The Elephant Man” is based on the real life of Joseph Merrick, a 19th century British man who became a star of the traveling freak show circuit. When a renowned doctor takes Merrick under his care at the London Hospital, he is astonished by Merrick’s brilliant intelligence and unshakable faith.

Donna