Old 09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, please let that happen for us.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

New #FlyEaglesFly video features Bradley Cooper, The Roots | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Quote:
The fantastic #FlyEaglesFly campaign from the Philadelphia Eagles released their newest video to get Birds fans pumped up for the 2014 season and it delivers once again.

The new video features voiceover by Philly favorite Bradley Cooper with sultry musical backings from John Legend and The Roots. You may hear a familiar press conference of Allen Iverson make a cameo as well.

The spot focuses on the Eagles being more than a team. They're our team.
I love Bradley's voice.

Bradley Cooper Is a Handsome Presenter at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014 | 2014 GQ Men of the Year Awards, Bradley Cooper, Jonah Hill : Just Jared

Quote:
Bradley Cooper is dapper in a suit while attending the 2014 GQ Men of the Year Awards held at The Royal Opera House on Tuesday (September 2) in London, England.

The 39-year-old actor presented the International Male award to Jonah Hill.

After the ceremony, Bradley was spotted grabbing dinner with his mom Gloria and older sister Holly at Chiltern Firehouse.

Last week, Bradley flashed a big smile while shooting scenes for his upcoming film Adam Jones, which is still awaiting a release date.

Donna
Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the news. over his voice and he looked so handsome.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 09-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Movie Stars Take Broadway and Reap Artistic and Financial Profit | BLOUIN ARTINFO

Quote:
To an unprecedented degree, movie stars are descending upon Broadway this fall and it’s no coincidence. You can thank the advent of premium tickets and producers like Scott Rudin for the trend. Before the end of the year, Bradley Cooper, Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal, Glenn Close, and Michael Cera will trod the boards, some for the first time in New York.

A few decades ago, movie stars who chose to make a Broadway debut often did so when film opportunities had dwindled. A case in point: Elizabeth Taylor, at age 50 and then considered box-office poison in Hollywood, made a stirring debut in a 1981 revival of Lillian Hellman’s “The Foxes.” (The entire run sold out the day it was announced.) These days, however, younger generations of actors have come to consider theater as an important part of their resume. Agents invariably looked askance at such ambitions. For one, it meant a substantial cut in pay. For another, Broadway producers would ask for a commitment from the stars of at least six months, if not a year.

Then, beginning in 2001 with “The Producers” — which began to charge a staggering $480 for the best seats — the advent of premium and dynamic pricing made recoupment potentially much faster. That meant a star, especially one with box-office moxie, need only to commit to three or four months of performances in order for the production to seep into the black. On top of that, weekly guarantees plus a percentage of the box office meant that a star would no longer need to work for slave wages. He or she could walk away with $100,000 per week, pocketing $1.5 million for a fifteen-week engagement.

While that might be pocket change for a star like Bradley Cooper or Hugh Jackman, who can collect between $5 and $20 million for a hit franchise movie, the opportunity to stretch acting muscles is irresistible to some actors. They can show the public a facet of their talent to which there has heretofore been little exposure. That is part of what attracted Cooper to Bernard Pomerance’s “The Elephant Man,” the 1979 Tony-winning drama about Joseph Merrick, the 19th-Century sideshow freak who became a cause célèbre for Victorian Society. It sounds like something of a gimmick to have a man dubbed by People Magazine as “The Sexiest Man Alive” play one of the most hideously deformed humans in history.

But when the revival, directed by Scott Ellis, bowed at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in 2012, the critics were quick to praise the integrity of Cooper’s performance. “The Elephant Man,” co-starring Patricia Clarkson and Alessandro Nivola, begins previews November 7, and opening officially on December 7. In collaboration with the director, Cooper chose the intimate Booth Theatre, which the original production played, even though a larger theater might have reaped more profit.

This is also the case of “The River,” the new Jez Butterworth play starring Jackman, which will play The Circle in the Square Theatre. At approximately 840 seats, it is one of the smallest theaters on Broadway. Furthermore, “The River,” which opened to rave reviews at Royal Court in London, is a challenging play, part thriller, part existential drama, about a rugged fisherman in a remote cabin visited by two women on a moonless night. Dominic West was widely praised when he created the role in London. But with Jackman now cast, “The River” will be seen by people who would otherwise let such an esoteric work pass under their radar.

The timing of these star-driven plays is dependent to some extent on the actors’ busy schedules. But the fall openings are geared to take advantage of the holidays, which are among the most lucrative weeks on Broadway. The symbiotic relationship between movie stars and Broadway is not likely to let up. The “limited engagement” of ten to fifteen weeks is becoming as commonplace as the “open-ended” run. There is little downside except if a star might be miscast or prove not to have the stage chops. Scarlett Johansson won a Tony Award for her Broadway debut in the 2010 revival of Arthur Miller’s “A View from the Bridge,” but Julia Roberts didn’t do much for the 2006 revival of Richard Greenberg’s “Three Days of Rain,” for which she was largely panned. Still, she filled the theater night after night, delighting fans and giving several of them an introduction to theater. Co-starring with her in the drama, by the way, were Paul Rudd and a relatively unknown actor by the name of Bradley Cooper.
Tickets to Broadway's 'Elephant Man' starring Bradley Cooper on sale; Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin star in slacker play | OregonLive.com

Quote:
Tickets are on sale to see Oscar nominee Bradley Cooper in "The Elephant Man" on Broadway. The cast includes Anthony Heald, a star of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Heald is playing the Duke of Buckingham in "Richard III" and the Narrator in "Into the Woods." "The Elephant Man" runs Nov. 7 through February 15 at the Booth Theatre, with an official opening date of Dec. 7, reports Broadway.com

The play tells the story of real-life John Merrick (Cooper), a severely disfigured 19th-century Englishman who struggles to live with dignity. The play premiered on Broadway in 1979 and won three Tony Awards, including Best Play. It was revived in 2002 with Billy Crudup in the lead role. "The Elephant Man's" cast includes Oscar-nominee and Emmy winner Patricia Clarkson.

-- Kieran Culkin and Michael Cera will appear in the Gen X slacker play This Is Our Youth, Playbill reports. Set in New York in 1982, the play ollows three young people stumbling toward adulthood. The actors appeared together in the film "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World."

"We only had two weeks in Australia," Cera said. "I feel like I hardly got a chance to understand what I was doing, or what I should be doing with the character. I thought this would really be a good way to find more in the show and just get better at performing live."

Donna
Old 09-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great, great news.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

It really is.

Donna
Old 09-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

SERENA Trailer - Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper | Gossip Cop

Quote:
The first Serena trailer features Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper in a Depression-set drama of love, intrigue and logging.

It marks the third major Lawrence-Cooper pairing after the successes of Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle.

No U.S. release date has been announced.

Check out the trailer below!

Donna
Old 09-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the trailer.

Here's the poster:

Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence reunite in poster for new movie Serena | Mail Online

Quote:
They've previously worked together on critically-acclaimed dramas Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle.

And Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence could be set to score yet another Oscar nomination with their third big screen collaboration, Serena.

A new poster for the long delayed depression-era movie has been released, which shows the dynamic duo posing together for the first time.

The A-list actors star as love-struck newlyweds George and Serena Pemberton, who build a timber empire together.

The story sees Serena prove herself to be equal to any man by overseeing loggers, hunting rattle-snakes and even saving someone's life in the wilderness.

The passionate pair have power and influence in the palm of their hands, but things start to unravel when Serena discovers George's hidden past and struggles with her own inability to conceive.

The film is based on the bestselling novel of the same name by Ron Rash, which was first published in 2008.

Serena boasts a strong supporting cast including Sam Reid, Rhys Ifans, Toby Jones and Sean Harris.

Shot in the Czech Republic in the Spring of 2012, the film has been subject to several delays.

Serena will arrive in cinemas on October 24 in the UK, but a US distribution date has yet to be announced.

Bradley and Jennifer have already proved their on-screen chemistry in Silver Linings Playbook, which landed Lawrence the Best Actress gong at the 2013 Oscars.

Meanwhile, David O. Russell's American Hustle was a hit at the big awards ceremonies this year, except for the Oscars with its 10 nominations but no wins.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome and thanks for the poster.

Donna
Old 09-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Lost Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper Movie: It "Made No Sense"\

Quote:
Serena finally has found a home.

Magnolia Pictures has picked up U.S. rights to the long-gestating Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper period drama, though with none of the fanfare expected from a film featuring Oscar-caliber names, including director Susanne Bier (2011 foreign-language winner In a Better World).

Sources say Magnolia, whose sister company 2929 Productions financed the film, became the default distributor when no other company would take the bait. In fact, since December, CAA — which reps the movie, Bier, Lawrence and Cooper — has held three private screenings featuring three different cuts of the Depression-era film. Says one top buyer, "The film was so edited, it made no sense." Another called the performances "uneven, particularly Lawrence's [descent into madness]" as the childless wife of a timber baron.

A Magnolia source concedes that Serena, which was shot 2½ years ago (nearly a year before Silver Linings Playbook came out), will not receive an Oscar-qualifying run this year — even though the film is finished — and instead will be released in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2015. Magnolia now is homing in on a date.

In the meantime, fans clamoring for Lawrence and Cooper's third pairing (they also starred in last year's American Hustle) can catch Serena in the U.K., where it will make its world premiere Oct. 13 at the London Film Festival, followed by an international rollout.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the news I really hope that we can see the movie.

Donna
Old 09-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and me too.

ULTIMATE FALL GUIDE TO THEATER: Bradley Cooper, America Ferrera and other screen stars bring talents to the stage - NY Daily News

Quote:
“The Elephant Man” (previews Nov. 7; opens Dec. 7 at the Booth) Bradley Cooper plays a deformed Brit who becomes a side show attraction.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for posting.

Donna