Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Blake Lively Launches Lifestyle Website Preserve Two Days Early! | Blake Lively : Just Jared

Quote:
Blake Lively has just surprised us by launching her new lifestyle website Preserve two days early!

“Sitting down to write this editor’s letter has been the hardest thing I’ve done yet on my Preserve journey. I’m more intimidated than I should probably admit. I’m no editor, no artisan, no expert. And certainly no arbiter of what you should buy, wear, or eat. I am hungry, though—and not just for enchiladas. I’m hungry for experience. Everyone has a story to tell. This idea is the cornerstone of Preserve,” the 26-year-old actress shared.

In case you didn’t know, Blake was originally scheduled to launch Preserve on Wednesday (July 23)!

Click inside to read Blake Lively‘s complete letter from the editor…

Blake Lively – “Preserve” Letter from the Editor

Sitting down to write this editor’s letter has been the hardest thing I’ve done yet on my Preserve journey. I’m more intimidated than I should probably admit. I’m no editor, no artisan, no expert. And certainly no arbiter of what you should buy, wear, or eat.

I am hungry, though… not just for enchiladas.

I’m hungry for experience.

I’m comfortable with the knowledge that I’m not a teacher, but rather, a student. I don’t do any one thing perfectly. I do a lot of things though. Some well, some not-so-well.

I’ve been fortunate enough to travel. I’ve been all over the world and all over this country. There’s so much life teeming out of every pocket of this nation. There are people creating magic with their bare hands. Creating things which land at that amazing intersection between art and function.

I’ve found that when approached with a curious spirit, people are kind, they’re generous, they answer, if asked. They’ll often open their doors and hearts and let you in. Because people with wisdom have stories to tell, and want them heard.

Everyone has a story to tell.

This idea is the cornerstone of Preserve.

So here at Preserve there are people, stories, essays, videos and goods which hopefully inspire your home, your style and your tongue. There’s expensive stuff. Inexpensive stuff. And everything in between. But their value, is up to you. We may romanticize it, calling it treasure. What we’re really saying is, we see worth on every level.

The function of Preserve is part magazine, part e-commerce hub, part philanthropic endeavor and above all, a place to showcase the power of imagination, ingenuity, quality, and above all, people.

Preserve is a creative space. A space which honors both tradition and innovation — a space which honors the future, while having a love affair with the past…

As for how we operate, we haven’t looked at Preserve as a new website, but rather as a new street. A sort of greatest hits of “Main Street, USA”. While the whole world races to keep up with technology, we tighten our laces, join the race, but our end goal is to preserve what’s already there.

A pretty lofty goal, a pretty lofty statement, but a group of determined hearts behind it.

As I wrap up, I have to recognize who Preserve really is now, before we’ve met you. “Preserve” isn’t me. It’s a handful of the most dedicated, soulful, wise, patient people I’ve ever had the honor of working alongside. People who’ve filled the pages of this site with a force of passion, talent and integrity. I’m grateful for our countless late nights building a home out of pixels, light and imagination.

We have a true team at Preserve, one that I acknowledge and thank my lucky stars for more often than I tell them. Although we may be tight knit, there will be no one more influential to the direction of Preserve, than you.

We’ve created this space to multiply our experiences. So Preserve.us isn’t just the U.S. It’s all of us.

With excitement and sincerity,

Blake

Old 07-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

that's awesome.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the article.

Blake Lively | Blake Lively 'intimidated' to launch her new website | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Blake Lively has admitted that she feels 'intimidated' by the launch of her new online magazine and shopping website, Preserve because she's 'no expert'.

Blake Lively feels ''intimidated'' by the launch of her new website, Preserve.

The 'Gossip Girl' actress has written an editor's letter to introduce her new onlinemagazine to the public and admitted she feels nervous about how people will receive it.

In a heartfelt message to the readers, Blake wrote: ''This editor's letter has been the hardest thing I've done yet on my Preserve journey. I'm more intimidated than I should probably admit.

''I'm no editor, no artisan, no expert. And certainly no arbiter of what you should buy, wear, or eat.''

She added: ''I'm comfortable with the knowledge that I'm not a teacher, but rather, a student. I don't do any one thing perfectly. I do a lot of things though. Some well, some not-so-well.''

The 26-year-old blonde beauty - who is married to actor Ryan Reynolds - went on to explain that the site is intended for people from all walks of life.
She continued: ''Everyone has a story to tell. This idea is the cornerstone of Preserve.

''The function of Preserve is part magazine, part e-commerce hub, part philanthropic endeavor and above all, a place to showcase the power of imagination, ingenuity, quality, and above all, people.''

Maintaining her humbleness, Blake insisted the launch of the project had been more of a group effort than an individual endeavour.

She explained: ''Preserve isn't me. It's a handful of the most dedicated, soulful, wise, patient people I've ever had the honour of working alongside.

''People who've filled the pages of this site with a force of passion, talent and integrity. I'm grateful for our countless late nights building a home out of pixels, light and imagination.''
Blake Lively's Preserve: 10 Most Random Items on New Lifestyle Site - Us Weekly

Quote:
What would Serena van der Woodsen curate? Blake Lively's new Goop-esque lifestyle website Preserve launched Monday, July 21, and the A-list star herself insisted that the eclectic mix of products that she's hand-selected include "expensive stuff. Inexpensive stuff. And everything in between."

Us Weekly rounds up the ten most random goods featured on Lively's "part magazine, part e-commerce hub, [and] part philanthropic endeavor."

1. Artisan Salt Collection, $40

Salty treasures! "It's been said, variety is the spice of life," reads the description beside Laguna Salt Company's Artisan Salt Collection. "Diversify yours with this sensorily sophisticated set of splendid seasonings." The kit includes a "fantasia of far-flung flavors" including Tahitian Vanilla, Wild Ginger, and California Red salt flavors.

2. Crystal Bowl, $450

Gaze into the future? Lively chose John McCoy's handcrafted crystal bowl on Preserve for his use of "elevated aesthetics and primitive stones." The resulting pieces will impart "beauty, imagination and warmth to those who welcome these captivating crystals into their home."

3. Sailboat Bow Tie, $70, and Cactus Flower Necktie, $100

You like, Ryan Reynolds? Lively picked these menswear items from General Knot -- a bowtie which tells a "sea story" and a necktie that features a cactus floral print originating from the '30s. "Crafted exclusively in the Northeastern U.S., their creations combine modern whimsy with the exacting standards of old fashioned quality," according to Preserve.

4. "Bitchin" BBQ Sauce and Rub, $25

Craving ribs?! Stuart & Co.'s Bitchin BBQ Sauce will pair well with "slabs of serious meat" while the rub will "up your meat game . . .You will find yourself a legend of backyard barbecues, your culinary star rising among all who savor your victorious victuals."

5. Heart Marquee, $400

One of the most expensive items picked by the Age of Adaline star was this Heart Marquee crafted by Scott Coppersmith. The item, a wooden heart embedded with lights is described as a decorative light that "shines brightly like a beacon in a storm." Not to worry, though, for homebodies: It apparently "adds a homey and aesthetically pleasing flavor to any residence."

6. Thought Bubbles: Big or Small, $350 or $250

So Gossip Girl will never know! Like the Heart Marquee, these pricey decorative wall lights were also curated by Lively because "any thought merits a spot on the board."

7. Porter Cycling Crate, $95

Brooklyn, babe! The Westchester resident wanted to tout these Dutch-style bicycle crates for its multipurpose functionality. "Each beautiful Brooklyn-made piece is imbued with its own unique character . . .Caboose it onto your bike to carry the day’s produce, impromptu flowers for your sweetheart, or whatever you need to transport in a stylish manner—emission-free!"

8. Butcher's Apron, $110

How thoughtful! The avid cook and baker picked this apron from Country Cat, specifically for restaurateurs looking for in-house clothing items to dress their staff. "Running a restaurant is messy business," reads the guide, adding that the aprons include "classic pinstripe fabric and pockets convenient for both chef and wait staff."

9. The Real Dill Pickles, $18.50

Paging Snooki! Lively could not resist from including "the crunch of a punchy pickle" to her new lifestyle website. "Enjoy them straight out of the jar, or chop them up and add flecks of capricious character to tuna salads and deviled eggs." Flavors include Caraway Garlic, Habanero Horseradish and Jalapeno. After all, according to Preserve: "Anytime is a good time for a great pickle!"

10. Letters From NOLA, $35

Hand-curated for current New Orleans denizen Solange? Lively's website included this gorgeous first edition hardcopy book titled Love Letters From New Orleans. "Whether it's white sugar sprinkled on top of beignets like fresh snowflakes, a fiery festival complete with torches, or a jazz musician pouring his soul through a trumpet, this tome celebrates the creative circus of the city that is New Orleans."

Donna
Old 07-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and thank you for the news.

Blake Lively Reveals Best Surprise She’s Had for Ryan Reynolds | Blake Lively : Just Jared

Quote:
Blake Lively fires off answers in a speed round of questions in this brand new video for Vogue!

The 26-year-old actress is asked a whopping 73 questions and we learned a lot about her just by how she answered! Watch below!

In fact, we now know her favorite color is pink, she prefers cake over pie, she wore a coral dress to her prom, her mom is her fashion icon, she doesn’t like coffee, and her first dog’s name was 405, after the freeway.

The best surprise she’s ever given a loved one? “A collection of short stories written by loved ones for my husband,” she said, referring of course to Ryan Reynolds.
Blake Lively Talks Ryan Reynolds, Answers 73 Questions in Vogue Video - Us Weekly

Quote:
Blake Lively lightning round, commence! Vogue's latest cover star did more than just open up about her new lifestyle site Preserve and her wedding to Ryan Reynolds in its August 2014 issue. The Age of Adaline actress answered 73 quick and painless questions during a video interview.

In the 6-minute clip, Lively rattled off some surprising responses, but none so sweet than when she brought up her husband of one year. Best gift given? "A video of all of the people that had made an impact in my life for my birthday from my husband," the 26-year-old gushed. Favorite bakery? "My home. My husband has coined it 'Blakely.'"

It turns out, she's a great gift giver, too. The best surprise she's ever done for someone is collecting "stories written by loves ones" for the smoldering actor. As for her favorite superhero, she couldn't resist. "The Green Lantern," she replied. The spouses, of course, fell in love on set of the Green Lantern in 2011.

Here's 10 other highlights from the interview:

1. Best thing that's happened this month?
"My company [Preserve] is launching."

2. What's your best Halloween costume?
"One that you make with your two hands."

3. Would you ever live anywhere besides the East Coast?
"Paris."

4. What Sex and the City character do you identify with the most?
"The men."

5. What's your favorite food?
"Melted cheese."

6. What color dress did you wear to your prom?
"Coral."

7. Blow dry or air dry?
"Air dry."

8. What was your first dog's name?
"4-0-5 like the freeway [in L.A.]. Classy."

9. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
"Shawshank Redemption."

10. A book you read because everyone else was reading it?
"Harry Potter."

Check out Lively's complete 73 question challenge in the video now!

Old 07-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome and thanks for more news.

Blake Lively’s Hubby Ryan Reynolds Calls Their Home ‘The Blakery’ | Blake Lively | Just Jared Jr.

Quote:
Blake Lively goes through a speed round of questions in this fun new video for Vogue!

The 26-year-old actress is asked a whopping 73 questions and we learned a lot about her just by how she answered! Watch below!

In fact, we now know her favorite color is pink, she prefers cake over pie, she wore a coral dress to her prom, her mom is her fashion icon, she doesn’t like coffee, and her first dog’s name was 405, after the freeway.

Her favorite bakery? “My home. My husband has coined it The Blakery,” she said, referring to her hubby Ryan Reynolds.

Donna
Old 07-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and I have even more news:

Blake Lively's Wedding Dress? Star Gives Glimpse on Preserve: GIF - Us Weekly

Quote:
Could it be!? It's very likely that Blake Lively just shared a rare glimpse of the wedding dress she wore to wed Ryan Reynolds during their surprise September 2012 nuptials in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.

The Age of Adaline actress, 26, appeared to be wearing her Marchesa gown at the couple's reception in a video she posted to her new Preserve website on July 21. Smiling ear-to-ear, Lively has her blonde locks up and is dancing at what could be Boone Hall Plantation. The night footage also shows others releasing white sky lanterns into the air.

Lively has never shared a full-length picture of her custom-made dress before, but did give a sneak peek in the couple's Martha Stewart Weddings spread three months after saying "I do." The couple held hands for the photo op, revealing the bottom of Lively's white floor-length ensemble.

"Blake's cloud-like silk tulle gown featured a fitted bodice, illusion crystal beading on the shoulders, and rose-gold embroidery," the magazine reported at the time. Reynolds also revealed his Lorraine Schwartz wedding band.

As it turns out, the Marchesa creation now has a significant flaw: a burn mark. The Gossip Girl alum recently revealed that she accidentally scorched a spot on her gown with a sparkler while her good friend Florence Welch performed at the couple's reception.

"Later, my dress was hanging up and Ryan said, 'Isn't that beautiful?' I said, 'What?' And he pointed to the burn," Lively said in the August issue of Vogue. "My heart just stopped, because it was such a sensitive little subject. And he said, 'You'll always remember that moment with Florence singing and the sparklers. You have that forever, right there, preserved.' Now that's my favorite part of the dress."

Reynolds' adorable "preserved" comment is perhaps the name inspiration for her new lifestyle website.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Oooo, thanks.

Donna
Old 07-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Blake Lively Dishes on Gossip Girl, Ryan Reynolds in Twitter Takeover - Us Weekly

Quote:
The next Bogie and Bacall? Blake Lively and husband Ryan Reynolds costarred together in one movie, 2011's Green Lantern—but if Lively had her way, they'd always share the screen. During her takeover of Vogue magazine's Twitter account on Monday, Aug. 4, the Gossip Girl alum shared that she'd like to go back to the days when couples did movie after movie together, like Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall, or Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn.

Asked by a fan whether she'd do another movie with her spouse of nearly two years, Lively tweeted, "In the olden days, a couple could be in every movie together, but it's just not like that anymore. We both wish we could go back to then, because that would be a lot of fun."

The Age of Adaline actress also dished during the Q&A about Gossip Girl, Beyonce, and her new lifestyle website, Preserve. In response to one question about whether she misses her role as Serena van der Woodsen on GG, she replied honestly, "I miss the people that I worked with, our cast and our crew. But I don't miss the 16-hour days."

She has fond memories of the early seasons, though. Her favorite one to shoot was the first season in 2007. "It was the 1st year I lived in New York City and what a way to live in NY," she recalled. "It was very special and surreal."

Another career highlight was being asked to appear in Beyonce and Jay Z's music video for "Run," which also featured Sean Penn, Jake Gyllenhaal, Don Cheadle, Emmy Rossum, and Rashida Jones. "It was the first moment in my life where I truly felt cool," she tweeted. "It gave me a high sense of self-esteem for a good 10 min."

As for her latest project, the lifestyle website Preserve? The hardest part, she wrote, is "finding the balance between wanting to make everyone happy and accepting that that's not possible." Which doesn't mean she won't try. "I hope it's a place where people can come and find something that inspires them or puts a smile on their face," she shared.
Blake Lively | The Things They Say: 4315439 | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
"In the olden days, a couple could be in every movie together, but it's just not like that anymore. We both wish we could go back to then, because that would be a lot of fun." Actress Blake Lively and her husband Ryan Reynolds pine for the bygone days when Hollywood couples regularly starred alongside one another.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Aww that's so sweet.

Gwyneth Paltrow Blake Lively Snub | Gwyneth Paltrow Blake Lively Feud | Gossip Cop

Quote:
“Gwyneth Snubs Blake,” reads the headline of a story in the new issue of OK!, which goes on to claim that Blake Lively and Gwyneth Paltrow are now in a “duel of the gurus.”

According to the tab, Blake “wanted to bounce ideas for her new website, Preserve, off Goop mastermind Paltrow” — to no success.

A so-called “insider” tells the magazine that Lively was “nervous that her project would be a dud,” so she “reached out to Gwyn for help — and got no response.”

“Gwyneth thinks Blake is ripping her off,” says the same supposed “source,” adding the Oscar winner “considers herself in a different league.”

Uh-huh.

Apparently, OK! wants us to believe its one source knows what both Paltrow and Lively are thinking.

The tabloid’s report, however, is totally bogus, which is not surprising considering how OK! has had one wrong story after another wrong story after another wrong story about Paltrow.

Blake’s rep tells Gossip Cop that the tale of a supposed Paltrow snub is not true.
I am glad that it isn't real.

Blake Lively Responds to Martha Stewart’s Negative Comments on ‘Preserve’ | Blake Lively, Martha Stewart : Just Jared

Quote:
Blake Lively is responding to the negative comments that her idol Martha Stewart made about her new lifestyle website Preserve.

“I mean, it’s stupid, she could be an actress!” Martha told the Huffington Post. “Why would you want to be me if you could be an actress. I just did a movie yesterday, though—I can’t even tell you about it—but I want to be Blake Lively.”

In her response (via E! News), Blake says she thinks she can be both an actress and an entrepreneur.

“I want to have my own path professionally and even as she said, I’m an actress,” Blake said. “I’m doing something totally different so now I sort of have two careers going on and it’ll be interesting to see how it all pans out. But really what it is, is I have two passions. And I think ultimately, I will always be doing both, but one is going to be paying the bills better than the other.”

“Who doesn’t want to be Martha Stewart?” she added. “Martha Stewart has been a huge inspiration to me my entire life. She’s a huge source of inspiration for my mom. She’s how I came to know and love Martha. I always say that Martha Stewart Living is the only magazine I ever had growing up. I never had Tiger Beat or any of that stuff.”

Donna
Old 08-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the articles.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 08-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Blake Lively | Blake Lively wants to 'get started' on family | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Blake Lively wants to ''get started'' on having children with Ryan Reynolds, and would love to ''spit out a litter of kids.''

Blake Lively wants to ''get started'' on having children with Ryan Reynolds.

The 26-year-old actress, who married the 37-year-old actor in a secret ceremony in September 2012, says her former 'Green Lantern' co-star is her ''best, best friend'' and admits they want a ''litter of kids.''

The former 'Gossip Girl' star, who previously claimed she wanted 30 babies with the heartthrob, told Marie Claire's website: ''I gotta get started. If I could spit out a litter of kids, I would.''

Blake loves children and has a strong bond with her nieces and nephews.

She said: ''My mom and my dad, my sisters, my brothers, my family is a huge source of inspiration to me, and not just my siblings and my parents, but I look to the children in my family, the purity with which they look at the world, the excitement that they have.''

The blonde beauty and her Canadian husband, who was previously married to Scarlett Johansson, never spend more than a week apart.

She said: ''We've never gone a week without seeing each other.''

She added: ''There's no major decision that I make without him. The best part is when we turn off our phones and just talk and hang out. He's my best, best friend. What do you do with your best friend? You do nothing.''

Old 08-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the article.

Blake Lively Wants to ‘Spit Out a Litter’ of Kids with Husband Ryan Reynolds! | Blake Lively, Magazine : Just Jared

Quote:
Blake Lively takes on a sexy pose on the cover of Marie Claire magazine’s September 2014 issue.

Here’s what the 26-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On her relationship with husband Ryan Reynolds: “We’ve never gone a week without seeing each other. There’s no major decision that I make without him. The best part is when we turn off our phones and just talk and hang out. He’s my best, best friend. What do you do with your best friend? You do nothing.”

On her past claims of wanting 30 kids of her own: “I gotta get started. If I could spit out a litter of kids, I would.”

On her new venture, Preserve, and immersive lifestyle e-commerce website: “I went straight from high school to Gossip Girl, and both were very structured, scheduled environments, so I never had freedom to explore and carve my own path. When I finished my show, I wanted to take a break from acting and try what I would have tried if I hadn’t acted, and that was this.”

For more from Blake, visit MarieClaire.com.

Donna
Old 08-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

ooh thanks for all the new articles!