Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks a bunch for posting those links to those pictures. It made my day! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 01-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the pics, loscobres. The first one looks cute. He looks happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

In case you were curious, here's the Boxoffice report on Ben's film, Paycheck:
It's production cost was $60 million. The marketing cost was about $25 million. Total cost: $85 million. The film has been out in the US for a month, and current box office receipts in the US are $53 million. The outside of the US receipts usually equal or somewhat exceed the US boxoffice. You have to remember, though, that theatre owners keep about 50% of the receipts. So, the grand total boxoffice should be in the neigborhood of $120 million for Paycheck. Sales for rights to TV pay-per-view, premium cable channels like HBO, and DVD sales, when the DVD is released, are on top of that (maybe $30 million). I guess you could say that Paycheck has been a moderately successful film, moneywise. Not a Big hit, though. I think it kind of got sidelined a bit at the boxoffice by the huge money maker, LOTR, "The Return of the King".
Financial stats are from boxofficemojo.com
~ Jojo ~
Old 01-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe if its true that Jen and Bemn broke up. hey ladies now he's single.
icon: xthebesthing
Old 02-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Ben's writing a script with Matt!!

[img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]
from msnbc
Quote:
Affleck, Damon team up again
Ben Affleck is working with writing partner Matt Damon again.
By Jeannette Walls with Ashley Pearson

Ben Affleck wants to return to his roots.

Now that the beast known as Bennifer is dead, Affleck is busy writing a screenplay with Matt Damon, his buddy with whom he first became a star.

“The script is along the same lines as ‘Good Will Hunting,’” says a source, referring to the 1997 Academy Award winning film Affleck wrote with Damon. “It’s set in Boston and deals with relationships.”

The source says Affleck and Damon hope to be finished with the script within the year, and adds that Affleck is feeling somewhat stung by his treatment in the press lately and “wants to spend more time behind the camera, writing, directing, producing.” Says the source, “He’s tired of his face being on the National Enquirer and wants to dial it all back a bit.”

Reps for Affleck and Damon didn’t return calls.
[ 02-03-2004: Message edited loscobres ]
JaHammer #284
Monkey Wench
Old 02-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I think it is wonderful that Ben and Matt are going to write another screenplay together. I wish them both the best of luck and success! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also very happy to see that it will be like "Good Will Hunting" a little bit.

Thanks a lot of posting that loscobres ~ it was very sweet of you! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited AdriaMichelle ]

Old 02-12-2004, 02:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Awesome! That's great news. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for that post. Sounds like an interesting movie.

Old 02-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Daytona 500 grand marshal, actor Ben Affleck, speaks with fans at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida February 14, 2004. The 46th annual Daytona 500 will be run February 15.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

The TV version was ok, why is it being re-made? I hope Ben does a good job.

pictures of Ben having lunch with unknown girl

The Grand Marshall pic is unavailable [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I wanted to see him!

cute butt!!
JaHammer #284
Monkey Wench
Old 03-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was watching a program on the VH-1 cable/satellite channel when they showed during the commercial break, a movie trailor with scenes from "Jersey Girl". The film will be released later this month in the USA. The 26th I believe. Ben looks good in the trailor. It looks like it will be a nice film for him. Producer/Director, Kevin Smith is a clever guy, so, I'd expect the dialog of the film to be original and witty, like his previous films with Ben. I saw an entertainment news note that the wedding scenes with Ben & Jen that were formerly in the film, have been edited out of "Jersey Girl" for obvious reasons. Such wedding scenes would have clashed terribly with the knowledge of their failed real life wedding plans and relationship. Anyway, "Jersey Girl" looks like a delight for Ben fans. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Yay, I've been looking forward to it for ages. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I spotted a review of "Jersey Girl" on the Hollywood Reporter site. It's got lots of quotes from writer/director Kevin Smith, and is discusses the plot in some detail, and is therefore, rather spoiler-ish. So, be forwarned. It looks like the -- awww... aren't they cute together -- factor, between Ben and the girl, Raquel Castro, who plays his daughter, will be big in Jersey Girl.
Here's a link to the review.
Review of Jersey Girl
Old 03-05-2004, 11:31 AM
New Fan

Ben Affleck & Liv Tyler at the Kenny Gordon Foundation benefit that included a screening of Jersey Girl, yesterday in NY.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top