Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I came back after three looking for some Ben discussion and I didn't find any where are all the hot topics we are suppose to discuss here.

Maryann [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Supreme Fan

I bought the January issue of Empire today, (a bit late I know, since the March issue is already on sale) but I wanted the special LOTR edtition.
So apart from the whole LOTR bit it had a feature on Paycheck - bonus! It was mostly about John Woo, and retold much of what I already knew about the movie, but it made me wanna see it even more. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
It has some photos from the movie, Ben running and one of him standing next to Uma's character, with his hand on some strange looking thing.
The only thing that annoyed me was that in one of the sublines, they referred to Ben as Bennifer.

Gah! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

why do they have to say Bennifer when it's clearly just Ben, this has got to stop.

Maryann
Old 01-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Supreme Fan

I know, it's getting so old. I hate the fact that he's being seen as just a part of an over exposed couple, rather than Ben Affleck, the actor.
Other celebrity couples manage to keep their own identitys right?
Old 01-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Supreme Fan

On the Ben board we used to have a thread for Ben quotes and quotes about Ben, I alwasy enjoyed seeing what others though of him.

Man of the week

This article is quite funny. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I'll just put in my favourite parts:

Quote:
why we like him?
He is hilarious (to the it-hurts-in-my-stomach point). That's it, that's all.

why is he famous?
Ben Affleck has starred in some major Hollywood blockbuster movies. The most notable are Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, and Shakespeare in Love. He is also starred in and co-wrote Good Will Hunting, for which he won an Academy Award with good friend Matt Damon.

Ben Affleck is more than just a movie star and the leading man du jour in Hollywood, he is a walking, talking, breathing entertainment complex. Why, you ask? Simple, Ben's ability to make all those around him drown in fun and laughs makes him seem more like an amusement park than a world-famous celebrity.

Ben's rise to fame can be traced back to 3 things: his charm, his looks and impeccable luck. All the big names in acting have had some measure of these 3 items. Ben seems to have this in abundance (in Thailand, they are considering selling a Ben Affleck-inspired cologne called Ben's Mojo).

As much as we are jealous of everything Ben has (and apparently so is our voting panel), we must admit that we like the guy. He is the kind of guy that you want at every party, gathering and sporting event. He is a character that we can go on and on about, because it's nice to see someone who speaks his mind and has fun with his fame and fortune. No more gushing, or you'll think you are reading Out magazine. ( [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] )

Women love Ben Affleck. It's that simple.

Even one of the editors at AskMen.com has come face-to-face with this reality. When his wife found out that Ben was staying in the same city as she was while he was shooting the upcoming Tom Clancy movie Sum Of All Fears, she practically ran out of the house with a make-up kit in hand, and more cleavage than our editor had seen since his honeymoon.

Again, we blame it on the smirk. It's a babe magnet. It has even gotten Britney Spears and Chelsea Clinton. It should be registered as a dangerous weapon liable to make women of all ages succumb to moments of hysteria and giddiness.

Ben's mouth is too big to fall in the classic meaning of "cool," but don't dismiss him outright. His charisma, spunk, and energy (we've seen him go days on end with 3 hours of sleep and with more gusto than anyone with a mile's range), make him the kind of personality you want to hang out with.

During a recent stay in Montreal, during Grand Prix weekend, Ben even decided to don a bartender's apron, and make drinks for patrons at the ultra-chic Globe restaurant. Somehow, we don't see Harrison Ford swallowing his pride and becoming a waiter again.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

If there are any UK fans Ben and John Woo are coming to the UK to screen Paycheck on January 12th go to

UIP

to register and meet them [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi everybody [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

thanks for starting the new thread! It's sad that we lost the board, but we can campaign for one again, right?

Paycheck sounds like fun, can't wait!
JaHammer #284
Monkey Wench
Old 01-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I do miss the Ben board but hey things happen. And I'm with loscobres on trying for a new one.

I just want to thank Maryannm for all the info on Ben. And I might just check out those yahoo groups.

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."- MJ23
Old 01-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Please do check out Yahoo groups there are a lot of them and I help run the most active one out thre. You can post stories and put many comments inbetween, have photos, video and audio files, plus transcripts and chats and a calendar with the latest of when Ben will be on TV

Did anyone get the transcript of Ben's aol chat for Paycheck, I don't have aol but if someone does please e-mail me if you have it.

Maryann
Old 01-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Campaigning for the Ben board was mega fun last time, and so was this thread, but you have to look at it logically.
If it didn't work last time, why would it be any different the next? There was lots of posting when the board first opened, but then after the first big crash once the board had opened, we lost quite a few regular posters. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
It was quite slow after that.

I can't see how it would be any busier unless we managed to get a whole lot of new posters, ones that don't already post at Fan Forum.

I don't recall FF ever bringing back a board they had shut down (not that it means it hasn't happened), but I don't think there's any rules against campaigning for one anyway. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The request board is fun, I'm glad they brought it back. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I know your right!! I mean its just us, a few, posting! Where are all the Ben fans?

Anyways thanks haylz for starting the board which is pretty cool. I might just use one of those avs pretty soon. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."- MJ23
Old 01-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Addicted Fan

I was watching VH1 and they had their 100 hottest hotties.

Ben ranked #82 out of 100. I thought he should've gotten higher, don't you all think? Even my boyfriend said that Ben is hotter than most of the guys they put in higher numbers. I thought that was cute for him to say. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"Paycheck" was awesome! I loved it, I cannot wait until the DVD comes out. Or maybe I will just have to go and see it again in the theaters. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 01-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

#82 was definately too low. He should have at least been in the top 50!

Quote:
Originally posted by AdriaMichelle:
I thought that was cute for him to say. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think that's cute too. I love it when boyfriends aren't afraid to say things like that.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Passionate Fan

hello my dear Affleckted ones! I hope everyone is doing well...it's been awhile so I also hope you remember me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy 2004 full of Affleck goodness!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Aw, I saw a trailer for Jersey Girl. He and Liv look so adorable in it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top