Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Angelina Jolie #63: "What a fierce screen presence Jolie is: she is becoming the Sophia Loren of our age." - Peter Bradshaw

1. Juliena
2. Martystel
3. Butterflygirl
4. truelovepj
5. Dingbat
6. wbjunkie
7. Liz01
8. Eilleen
9. americanpsycho21
10. Spikes Angel
11. life_style
12. claydie91
13. -Kat
14. ashley420
15. Hil/Peyton
16. shayesta
17. LostEvi
18. MiSs Vicky
19. Ella_Ocean
20. Little Apple
21. AphroditeAres
22. xPIXIEx
23. M.I.S.S.Y
24. lamagamorgana
25. Tru Davies
26. Melissa Ann
27. Insanitic
28. Jojo
29. Scarlet's Walk
30. One Love
31. MargieJPfan
32. *~Sophia~*
33. LillyLove
34. deejay0212
35. Ooops
36. Eviekins15
37. MissNefertiti
38. DiagonalZipper
39. Sawyer&Kate
40. AndLoveYelledNO
41. dixieland_dreamer
42. Worlds Collide
43. xXxCaycexXx
44. Amy Lee__
45. Addison Montgomery
46. tootyfnfrooty
47. Nadja_S
48. candyycircus
49. MarieJena
50. AmyElizabeth
51. house_cuddy4eva
52. Pixie B
53. loveslullaby
54. alexis bledel the best
55. BrighterSuNShine
56. Pasadora
57. Kelly_Dylan
58. yashila
59. supergirlhero
60. greengirlisgood
61. effie
62. OnlyException
63. tragedy
64. annoying_gia
65. DairFan
66. Endlessly
67. austendarcy
68. Vanora
69. quin611
70. BrucasBangelBrylan
71. obthavariable
72. Zoie85
73. bellagrey13
74. Jacquelyn
75. winchesterboyz
76. CristalBuddy
77. hernameispekka
78. Sara Caffrey
79. sookiejackson
80. baelfire24
81. dwoods87
82. QueenDany
83. ina_am
84. *Dark_Angel*4eva
85. Jazmine
86. caught each other

In her earliest years, Angelina began absorbing the acting craft from her parents -
her father is the Oscar-winning actor Jon Voight and her mother is Marcheline Bertrand,
who had studied with Lee Strasberg. At age 11, Angelina began studying at the
Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute. She undertook some film studies at New York University
and later joined the renowned Met Theatre Group in Los Angeles. At age 16, she took up a career
in modeling and appeared in some music videos. Her exotic good looks may derive from her
mixed ancestry which is Slovak, French-Canadian, Iroquois and English.

Her critical acclaim increased when she played strong roles in the made-for-TV movies
True Women (1997) (TV), and in George Wallace (1997) (TV) which won her a Golden Globe award
and an Emmy nomination. Jolie's acclaim increased even further when she played the lead role
in the HBO production Gia (1998) (TV).

Jolie has stated that she now plans to spend most of her time in humanitarian efforts,
to be financed by her actress salary. She devotes one third of her income to savings,
one third to living expenses and one third to charity.

In 2002, Angelina adopted a Cambodian refugee boy named Maddox Chivan and in 2005 adopted
an Ethiopian refugee girl named Zahara Marley. In 2006 she and Brad Pitt welcomed
daughter Shiloh Nouvel. They also adopted a three-year-old Vietnamese boy
named Pax Thien. Angelina gave birth to Knox Léon and Vivienne Marcheline in 2008.

Full biography at Imdb.com

♥ ANIMATIONS ♥

♥ FROM ANGIE ♥
When I started traveling with the UN I didn't do it with the intention of drawing attention,
I did it because I didn't feel I knew enough about the world around me. I felt the responsibility to educate myself.

We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly...
Only after we have lost everything, are we free to do anything...
Throw things out there and not be perfect and not have answers to anything and see if people understand.

Nothing wins more hearts and minds and nothing gives more freedom than education
and nothing is a better deterrent for conflict than an educated child.

Age is beautiful. My mother was beautiful. She was when she passed away. I have a family that loves me as I am.
I see little bits of me in my daughter - so that's beauty to me. Honesty is also beauty.

Refugees have done more for my heart and my spirit than I can ever express in words.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

There's something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could
die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now.

My mum's name was Marcheline and we called her 'Marshmallow' as a joke because she was
just the softest, most gentle woman in the world. She was really sweet and she would never get angry.
She couldn't swear to save her life. But when it came to her kids, she was really fierce.

I'd go from film to film and almost detach from one world and jump in another.
I was living as these people and not having a self. I didn't know who I was. And things just get really dark.

I'm supposed to tell stories, and you're supposed to believe I'm other people.
You shouldn't be so focused about who I really am.

We must open up our eyes to the wonderful diversity in this world.

Sanity is overrated.

I think we all want justice and equality. We all want a chance for a life with meaning.
All of us would like to believe that if we were in a bad situation someone would help us out.

Figure out who you are separate from your family and the man or woman you're in a relationship with.
Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that's the most
important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else.

There is so much more happening around the world than what is communicated to us.
We all need to look deeper and discover for ourselves.

I'm tired of crying and feeling so helpless. I want to breathe again Just for a little while.
Then I will do whatever I can to help these people. How could I not once I met them, once I saw them.

You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; **** happens.

We are setting an example of what we think is beautiful and you really want to put that much make up on me?

If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I'm not frightened by anyone's perception of me.

♥ ABOUT ANGIE ♥
"There are celebrities who have charities, but you don't see them on the ground.
Angelina is on the ground doing things." Wyclef Jean

"Her work with refugees is not something to decorate herself.
She studies the issues." Colin Powell (Former Secretary of State)

"I think she is a terrific talent, until I saw a running of the film, I only had my brief
and limited exposure to her. Now I'm even more impressed with her than ever." Sean Connery

"You cannot discount the work that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt do for people in the world." Dan Aykroyd

"We have very passionate conversations. [Laughs.] I always learn from her, and I never walk out
of a conversation with Angie without learning something. She doesn't acknowledge borders so much,
and neither do I. It's a voluntary view of the world. She's capable of respecting other
cultures while remaining herself." Mariane Pearl

"I went to the premiere for Hotel Rwanda. Angelina Jolie was there, and she gave
this speech about Darfur. At the after-party I went up to her and asked her
to educate me. She asked me if I wanted to go. I would have said yes to anything
she said – I was kind of hypnotized." Ryan Gosling

"I found myself staring at her, but secretly I was hoping she was
checking me out." Charisma Carpenter

"Angelina Jolie! I don’t have any questions for her… I just want to sit
there and stare at her for half hour!" Carson Daly

"I think I worked with one of the most sweet and vunerable and fragile actresses
that I have ever worked with, more sensitive than you can ever believe. Angelina Jolie.
She is magnificent. I had in front of me an acting animal." Antonio Banderas.

"She's lovely. I was honored to be on Good Morning America with her. She's very nice.
She's really kind of shy. But I haven't worked with her. She's wonderful.
I thought the last thing she did about Daniel Pearl (on A Mighty Heart) was just terrific.
All her work is extraordinary. She's a wonderful actress." Anthony Hopkins.

"Ok..I want to congratulate Angelina because it's been a very long time since
I've been in this business and I've never met a person who has such a good balance
between family life, humanitarian efforts, ..and all the extraordinary work
that she does in addition to this." Dustin Hoffman.

"Working with someone like Angelina Jolie is a great privilege, because you get
to look on that gorgeous beauty every day. And she's a great talent..
She's wonderful, she's wonderful.To me it's like she's a throwback to the women
in film of the Forties. Not to say the women today aren't great, but back then there
was more individuality, all the faces were different. They didn't have the same Botox look.
Angelina has that great individuality, her own look and her own style -
and she's a terrific actress besides.I think she would have been just as big a name in that era,
the same as Katharine Hepburn, Bette Davis and Ingrid Bergman." Clint Eastwood

"She was very good, and kind of tough..And when I watched the scene, it made me laugh…
She has a kind of Audrey Hepburn-ish quality about her." Robert De Niro

"Of course, I'm excited to see Angelina Jolie on-screen….
She's….she's talented." John Malkovich

"Such a wonderful woman….Aside from all that physical beauty,
she's a real person." Morgan Freeman

"She's very sexy - there's just something about the way she moves.
She's like liquid." Denzel Washington

"She's an incredibly, phenomenally, naturally talented actress…
At the time I worked with her, she was battling her looks because she's so beautiful.
She wanted very much to be taken seriously and not just judged on her looks.
And she conquered that." Winona Ryder

"(Angelina) seems to be someone who spends a lot of time thinking about
pretty substantial things. But there's such a loss of critical thinking
in this country. She's giving an enormous amount of money - and yet there is
still interest in the really superficial." Sarah Jessica Parker

"There are people in my own profession I admire, who have done things and
made substantial change, like Bono and Angelina Jolie. They are models for how
you can meaningfully devote your life to causes. It's not just lending your face.
It's giving yourself. A lot of people lack meaning in their lives, and that's why getting
active in issues like microfinance gives you such a center to your life." Natalie Portman

"She is very sexy. It sounds like an obvious answer, but there is something about her.
She's hot, I'm sorry. And she's an incredible actress." Sarah Michelle Gellar

"Let's be realistic, you want to see people like Johnny Depp on the red carpet, or Angelina Jolie,
a young woman I admire. That is the place for beautiful young people." Julie Christie

"There's an amazing positive energy that comes out of this woman.
She has such a wonderful aura." Marion Cotillard

"I would like to do an action movie. I love to watch Angelina Jolie in movies
like Mr. and Mrs. Smith…. I think movies where women have great strength and character
are interesting. I'm dying to do one." Reese Witherspoon

"Angelina Jolie does very well in red carpet situations because again she seems to really
just underplay it. She doesn't draw too much attention to herself and she's stunningly beautiful
of course, as we all know. But always looks very fresh and natural and comfortable in her own skin.
You know I think it's important to remember that. That's just a very important message for
women and particularly younger women. It's just about trying to be who you are and not adjust yourself
too much just because your in the spotlight sometimes. And I just really admire those qualities
in both Angelina and Meryl." Kate Winslet

"I'd never met Angelina before but I found her to be a real treat, I mean a real doll.
She's a nice woman, serious about what she does and loves her man and loves her kids.
I was very impressed." Johnny Depp

♥ PHOTOSHOOT OF THE MOMENT ♥

1. Because she inspires us to be better people.
2. Because while some celebrities donate money from afar, she visits places of conflict for weeks
on end just to give people who have undergone tragedy a voice.
3. Because she was voted "The Sexiest Woman in the World" one million times over, and we full-heartedly agree.
4. Because she's the only woman in Hollywood that can make other women question their sexuality.
5. Because we love that she's wild, loving, sexy, sweet, passionate, intelligent, funny and kindhearted all at the same time
6. Because of all the mothers in Hollywood, there is no one quite as hot as she is
7. Because she never ceases her work in bettering the world.
9. Because when you look up “Breath Taking” in the dictionary, you can find a picture of Angie
10. Because the Academy awarded her with an Oscar for her role as “Lisa” in “Girl, Interrupted” – a rightful and proper decision
11. Because ripping your soul bare is easy for her, and we love when she does it
12. Because she does Action, Drama and Comedy so flawlessly
13. Because she does her own stunts
14. Because she has the greatest laugh
15. Because she makes sure to spend time with every one of her kids, to let them know that she loves them and that they
bring joy to her life – just as her mom has done for her
16. Because her relationship with Brad goes to show the world that True Love really exists
17. Because everyone who has met her has nothing but praise for her.
18. Because she’s the sweetest person to her fans.
19. Because she’s never afraid to speak her mind and stick up for what she believes in.
20. Because she’s brave, bold and free.
21. Because with just one look or smile, she can make you breathless.
22. Because we see the good in her soul through her eyes.
23. Because her voice is mesmerizing – her dubbed movies just aren’t the same!
24. Because “people now don’t only look at Angelina Jolie, they listen”.
25. Because no matter what aspect in her life she is working on, she always gives it her all.

♥ PICSPAMS ♥
Photoshoots
Brad & Angie 1 | 2
Wanted
Mr. & Mrs. Smith 1 | 2

First photo of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent
Movie release: May 30, 2014

First trailer:

FUTURE TITLE IDEAS:

If you wish to join the campaign, please comment on the campaign thread so we
can add you to the support list and send you monthly reminders when it comes time to vote.

Last edited by Imzadi; 11-23-2014 at 06:28 AM
Old 06-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new one
Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you, Caro!!

4 times?? Wow, I've seen it last week.. it was pretty awesome!!!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/06/2...-earning-film/

Last edited by Pasadora; 06-23-2014 at 01:27 PM
Old 06-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome! TFTNT
Old 06-24-2014, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT
Old 06-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
4 times?? Wow, I've seen it last week.. it was pretty awesome!!!
Glad you liked it I gotta confess, the first time I watched it I was a liiiittle underwhelmed because I was kinda expecting something different But after the second time I ended up loving it...The story is something unexpected and ofc Angelina is the greatest part of everything. She slayed me every time

I'm so glad critics all around agree she's basically magnificent and the best part of the movie Here are some quotes I gathered from the Rotten Tomatoes site:

Quote:
Any weaknesses melt in the wake of Jolie's excellent work as the title figure.
Quote:
Sensational Jolie creates the character's evolving emotions purely with her face.
Quote:
As Maleficent's movie, the movie works. However, if Angelina Jolie is not there to carry the scene, it's a chore to watch.
Quote:
Angelina Jolie is captivating, funny, grounded yet appropriately theatrical, and entirely appealing as the dark and misunderstood fairy.
Quote:
For all the pixie dust and dragon fire in Maleficent, the most special effect throughout is Angelina Jolie, radiating imperious authority over a disorderly movie.
Quote:
The piercing blue eyes and pouting red lips of the stunning Angelina Jolie make a perfect "Maleficent."
Quote:

The real enchantment here is not the story but the star.
Quote:
The reason to see the movie is Jolie, clearly having a blast and giving a performance filled with heart, wit, and spirit.
Quote:

This is Jolie's film because of the Maleficent she makes. Everyone else, even Aurora, fades in her presence.
Quote:
...the film rides on the strength of Angelina Jolie's performance and she is, in a word, magnificent.
Quote:

Angelina Jolie's interpretation of the title character, which transforms the animated icon into a complex, fully realized woman, provides emotional depth and breadth.
Quote:
It's all about Angelina Jolie, in a performance of silky restraint.
Quote:
Jolie displays an incredible propensity for being beautiful and menacing at the same time.
Quote:
Jolie draws upon that deep emotional well to portray the agony, heartbreak and anger, that transforms this pure young fairy with the horns and mighty wings into a violated, vengeful villain clad in a leather outfit that's as black as her heart.
Quote:
In a movie crammed with special effects, Jolie is the most startling and wondrous of all.
Quote:
Angelina Jolie is so wickedly enchanting in the magical, magnificent "Maleficent," you may not notice how transporting this female-driven blockbuster really is.
Quote:
Jolie's commanding on-screen presence exudes the sort of effortless dominance and wrath-spitting fury required from a fairy scorned.
Quote:
Credit Angelina Jolie for adding glamour and intensity to a project that often threatens to derail
Quote:
Jolie is fantastic, menacing at one moment and adding prankster-ish levity in the next,
Quote:
There's really only one special effect in "Maleficent" worth mentioning, and that is Angelina Jolie.
Quote:
Jolie's at her best when she's curling her claws and elongating her vowels like a black-sabbath Tallulah Bankhead.
Everybody, bow down lol
Old 06-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Amazing reviews! Thanks for compiling them together
Old 06-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow those reviews are really cool
Old 06-25-2014, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

awesome and totally deserved reviews
Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome. Some nice ones for our future thread titles!

Angelina Jolie’s ‘Maleficent’ Becomes Her Highest Grossing Film! | Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning : Just Jared
Old 06-28-2014, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So pretty together
Old 06-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

beautiful
Old 06-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

She's so beautiful I can barely take it

Did you know about this, btw?

Quote:
Angelina Jolie and Daniel Day-Lewis lead the Queen's birthday honours list
14 JUNE 2014

Angelina Jolie, Daniel Day-Lewis and Stephen Sutton lead the Queen's Birthday Honours list this year, with Damian Lewis, Dame Maggie Smith and John Barrowman also being recognised for their work.

Hollywood star Angelina, who co-chaired the End Sexual Violence in Conflict global summit with Foreign Secretary William Hague in London on Thursday, has been made an honourary Dame for her contribution to fighting sexual violence.

The 39-year-old said the award meant a lot to her: "To receive an honour related to foreign policy means a great deal to me, as it is what I wish to dedicate my working life to.
Read more HERE

She's been named Honourary Dame Well deserved!

Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Honorary Dame Jolie. Very proud of her!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top