Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't necessarily look.. I just wanna find pics.. and then there are stupid comment posts inbetween..
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh, yeah I bet!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's true!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So pretty
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty face
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She's so amazing
Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie (View Post)
Some people are just ridiculous, she doesn't have to speak out about anything, you have a brain if you want to know about something look it up. But this is her personal battle that she decided to share to help people.

Quote:
I don't necessarily look.. I just wanna find pics.. and then there are stupid comment posts inbetween..
Don't bother with haters, Susi There's a lot of positive comments out there, too, which proves that Angie did inspire many people all around the globe with her actions. There's hope for humanity, after all

More articles that I liked:

Quote:
Angelina Jolie illustrates the virtues of celebrity power

Cancer experts expect the NHS to face increasing demand for breast cancer tests after news of Angelina Jolie's surgery.

The media response to Angelina Jolie's announcement about having had a double mastectomy illustrated yet again the power of celebrity. [...]

What cannot be in any doubt is that serious matters often achieve a widespread public reaction when celebrities get involved.

Indeed, Jolie's visit in March 2013 to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in order to campaign against rape in conflict zones was a case in point.

To use the appropriate cliche, it "raised awareness" of the crime across the world, because of the attendant publicity, which subsequently led to news features about the systematic use of rape.

Jolie was accompanied by the foreign secretary William Hague. If he had gone alone, I doubt that there would have been a picture of him, let alone much coverage.

That's the reality. It's why Jolie is a UN goodwill ambassador, and an active one going back many years. I was in the Lebanon in December 2004 when she arrived to spend time with refugees and UN staff, including one of my friends. He spoke admiringly of the way she conducted herself and the genuine interest she showed.

We may wish to deny the validity of celebrity, as I tend to do, but as one of my City University London students wrote in her assignment essay a month ago: "It is an inescapable truth that more people will read a story if it has a celebrity angle."

Watch out for more, much more, on breast cancer in the coming days and weeks. Yes, and more on Jolie, of course. Today's coverage is merely the beginning.
Read more: Angelina Jolie illustrates the virtues of celebrity power | Media | guardian.co.uk

Quote:
Angelina Jolie's giant leap for womankind

But Jolie's sentiments were about more than just survival. The power of what she wrote lies in the fact that she is feted for her looks and sexual allure - and that, while a lesser mortal may feel desexualized by the experience of losing her breasts, this icon of beauty apparently does not: "On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity. I am fortunate to have a partner, Brad Pitt, who is so loving and supportive."

Along with reassuring us on the state of her body and the ongoing health of the Brangelina partnership, she does something rather surprising: she champions science as a means for women to shape their own medical destiny. And, while she's at it, she takes a much-needed swipe at the genetic testing industry for pricing breast cancer tests beyond the reach of most women.

By sharing her story, Jolie has helped raised awareness about a very personal issue and, in so doing, may help save some lives..
More here:
Angelina Jolie's giant leap for womankind

Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So many news/celeb types are very impressed by what she has done
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Thanks for posting those, Caro!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She looks so pretty
Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

wow, they already have a cover for the story. maybe they knew about it beforehand, or are they that fast?

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top