5. Gal Gadot
6. Lily James
7. Emilia Clarke
8. Chris Hemsworth
SongIceFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgonrodnad (View Post)
Karen, I like how the survivor is now.
Agreed!
Old 11-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

1. Alycia Debnam-Carey
2. Jeffrey Dean Morgan
3. Sebastian Stan
4. Jensen Ackles
5. Tyler Hochelin
6. Emily Blunt
7. Emilia Clarke
8. Chris Hemsworth
Loki92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

1. Alycia Debnam-Carey
2. Chris Pratt
3. Jessica Chastain
4. Jensen Ackles
5. Gal Gadot
6. Lily James
7. Emilia Clarke
8. Chris Hemsworth
Old 11-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

1. Alycia Debnam-Carey
2. Chris Pratt
3. Jessica Chastain
4. Jensen Ackles
5. Gal Gadot
6. Lily James
7. Emilia Clarke
8. Chris Hemsworth
Old 11-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
In regard to all the comments above, I personally don't like the men vs women debate that's currently going on in politics/showbusiness and so on, everyone feels like women should be treated equal like men are treated (f.e. in showbusiness when it comes to money and of course other rights elsewhere in the world). I feel like making men and women seperate in this survivor is just emphazising that women should be treated differently, but that's my personal opinion. Plus I vote on who I like best, I don't care if it's men or women, it's whom I like best as a personality or whose projects I like most.

In regard of the survivor, there were 18 men submitted and 14 women. That alone makes it impossible to get an equal men vs women survivor.
If you see the chart I post below every survivor round, the start position of the survivor is random. I don't pick strategic places for celebs in that survivor.
I made a list of all the celebs that made it to the first round, selected those who had the most votes and made sure that those celebs wouldn't be up against each other in the first round, after that I filled the spots with the people that got 4 votes or more and I filled the blanks with the people that only got 3 votes.
IMO that's the fairest way to go

Of course I'm always up to the discussion to see where we could take this next year but like said above this is supposed to be a fun survivor without any politics or anything like that getting in the way.
There's always a certain unfairness in a survivor like this because most people don't like who they're up against and makes it hard to vote for them as well (regardless of gender)

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I guess voting on the issue is not necessary? Cause most of us think the system is fine as it is?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

1. Alycia Debnam-Carey

2. Chris Pratt

3. Sebastian Stan

4. Jensen Ackles

5. Gal Gadot

6. Lily James

7. Emilia Clarke

8. Chris Hemsworth
Old 11-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

1. Alycia Debnam-Carey
2. Chris Pratt
3. Jessica Chastain
4. Jensen Ackles
5. Tyler Hoechlin
6. Lily James
7. Katie McGrath
8. Chris Hemsworth

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I guess voting on the issue is not necessary? Cause most of us think the system is fine as it is?
Agreed.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
In regard to all the comments above, I personally don't like the men vs women debate that's currently going on in politics/showbusiness and so on, everyone feels like women should be treated equal like men are treated (f.e. in showbusiness when it comes to money and of course other rights elsewhere in the world). I feel like making men and women seperate in this survivor is just emphazising that women should be treated differently, but that's my personal opinion. Plus I vote on who I like best, I don't care if it's men or women, it's whom I like best as a personality or whose projects I like most.

In regard of the survivor, there were 18 men submitted and 14 women. That alone makes it impossible to get an equal men vs women survivor.
If you see the chart I post below every survivor round, the start position of the survivor is random. I don't pick strategic places for celebs in that survivor.
I made a list of all the celebs that made it to the first round, selected those who had the most votes and made sure that those celebs wouldn't be up against each other in the first round, after that I filled the spots with the people that got 4 votes or more and I filled the blanks with the people that only got 3 votes.
IMO that's the fairest way to go

Of course I'm always up to the discussion to see where we could take this next year but like said above this is supposed to be a fun survivor without any politics or anything like that getting in the way.
There's always a certain unfairness in a survivor like this because most people don't like who they're up against and makes it hard to vote for them as well (regardless of gender)

Nope no other survivors here. This is the only survivor we host on this board, once a year
I disagree with this, bc it clearly wouldn't cause any for of disadvantage, that would only be if women for example were excluded from the vote. But by separating it we'd have both a male and female winner respectively which in my eyes is more equal, you can't compare that to a political office where men and woman have to apply for the same job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Personally, I don't think it is that way. We can appreciate male and female bodies as an aesthetic regardless of sexual orientation or gender. I know I can.
I can't at least not always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by very close talking (View Post)
Why must gender equality, politics, whatever be brought into it?
I'm a liberal and what conservatives would call an SJW and for many of us at least gender euquality and politics are important to be featured everywhere.

Last edited by Arrakis; 11-09-2018 at 06:22 PM
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

1. Chris Evans
2. JDM
3. Jessica Chastain
4. Jensen Ackles
5. Tyler Hoechlin
6. Emily Blunt
7. Emilia Clarke
8. Chris Hemsworth
Old 11-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they need to be separated. It's hottest celebrity...

I go for who I like not the gender. As a lesbian I am still very able to appreciate whether I find a man attractive. I think gender equality is reached by treating them the same, ie having them in the same poll.

Quote:
We can appreciate male and female bodies as an aesthetic regardless of sexual orientation or gender. I know I can.
Preach, having eyes doesn't rely on sexual orientation.
la villanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's always going to be a discussion whether or not how this survivor should be handled. Personally I follow the survivor as in how it started which is this way, including both male and females.
This is also a general celebrities board where both males and females can be appreciated, so to me it makes more sense to put them in the same survivor.
For me this survivor is more about who is the celebrity you like best (not always based upon looks but often more about personality)

We could always put up a poll though so far the majority doesn't feel this is necessary.. If people feel like they want a poll, it's best to express it now (or if they feel like it should be seperate) Please express.
I don't want this discussion to take place each year honestly as it would ruin the fun for me to create this survivor if it goes on with a discussion each year.

Even in regards of winners, in the past 6 years there's been 3 male and 3 female winners so I feel like there have been equal opportunities for men and women to win. It's all based more on fandom on this forum and how well certain celebs have done in the past year that would give them more votes.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the amazing votes that we've gotten once again this round! I love how many votes we have gotten! Here's the next round

7th Annual
HOTTEST CELEBRITY IN THE WORLD
- survivor tournament -

1. Chris Evans VS Chris Pratt
X

2. Sebastian Stan VS Jensen Ackles
X

3. Gal Gadot VS Lily James
X

4. Emilia Clarke VS Chris Hemsworth
X

THIS ROUND WILL END ON NOVEMBER 14TH, 5PM GMT+1

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top